AppleRTC patch (CMOS reset)

36 posts in this topic

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions 

It is the same of Mountain Lion and Mavericks, but at different location:

< 0000000000000d3e jne 0xd6e
---
> 0000000000000d3e jmp 0xd6e

< 0000000000001cb3 jne 0x1ce3
---
> 0000000000001cb3 jmp 0x1ce3

Thanks to:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289798-applertc-patch-cmos-reset-after-sleepwake

• Like 13

After patching it's not loading, invalid signature error, what to do?

You got this when you rebuild cache? Is all ok. If your system don't reset CMOS you are ok.

Yeah, cache rebuild omitting this kext because of invalid signature, not allowing to load. My system does not boot without this kext loaded, it hang after USB over current notification. For now I'm loading this kext using Clover kext inject from EFI>Clover>kexts>10.10, in this way it's working fine.

Yeah, cache rebuild omitting this kext because of invalid signature, not allowing to load. My system does not boot without this kext loaded, it hang after USB over current notification. For now I'm loading this kext using Clover kext inject from EFI>Clover>kexts>10.10, in this way it's working fine.

If you use Clover you can restore the original kext and add the patch to the bootloader! Use "Clover Configuration" to simplify the things.

Thanks Marchrlus  :) but I'm not at Clover, using it for 1st time with Yosemite.

Ok. You can download Clover Configuration and then add AppleRTC patch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, can someone explain me where to run this i don't get it, im using Chameleon.

Thanks, sorry im not an advance user....

You can use the first method

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This work on Yosemite or not?

Yes, It's writed in first post. If you have clover bootloader use the internal patch.

I use a Clover.Please give me patch for Yosemite...

Thanks in advanced.

This patch?

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions 

I have this problem LINK

and this LINK

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In Mavericks AppleRTC thread was posted patch that completly remove any CMOS write from AppleRTC.kext

perl -pi -e 's|\x41\x89\xd7\x41\x89\xf4|\xe9\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x90|;' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Is any similar patch for yosemite ? Patch that removes cmos reset only is unsuitable for me because of cmos corruption on every restart/shutdown.

• 2 weeks later...

In Mavericks AppleRTC thread was posted patch that completly remove any CMOS write from AppleRTC.kext

Is any similar patch for yosemite ? Patch that removes cmos reset only is unsuitable for me because of cmos corruption on every restart/shutdown.

If you have Clover bootloader you can enable the patch directly in the bootloader. Also, you can use the Mavericks patch to disable cmos reset, it works on yosemite too.