AppleRTC patch (CMOS reset)

36 posts in this topic

Hello, I have made an hackintosh on the system in my signature, everything is working fine, my only problem is that after the system goes to sleep the cmos is cleared so I've tried this patch that has fixed my problem but now when the system awakes I see only a little portion of the upper left side of the screen full of graphic glitches that disappears only if I restart my system. I'm using the QE CI Exotic patch for my GPU, maybe this is the problem? Ideas on how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I've just upgraded from 10.9.5 to 10.10.5 and solved all the problems but this one... I tried the procedure at the beginning of the thread but it didn't work, my HP laptop keeps crashing and resetting the bios when it goes to sleep. Is there any other solution? Or somebody can provide the 10.10.5 patched kext?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

no one?

If the computer at restart/shutdown doesn't reset BIOS then the problem isn't the AppleRTC.kext

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Mavericks AppleRTC thread was posted patch that completly remove any CMOS write from AppleRTC.kext

perl -pi -e 's|\x41\x89\xd7\x41\x89\xf4|\xe9\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x90|;' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC 
Is any similar patch for yosemite ? Patch that removes cmos reset only is unsuitable for me because of cmos corruption on every restart/shutdown.

Hi everyone, on a fresh Yosemite 10.10.5 installation, the above patch doesn't work i.e. the hex sequence is not found (after running this command, the backup and patched AppleRTC binaries are the same).

I ran the first page/post perl patch, and it yields result i.e. AppleRTC is patched (hex sequence found) and upon sleep, CMOS is not reset:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Obviously, I then run Kext Util 2.6.4 to refresh cache and reboot.

Sleep works but waking up doesn't work but at least CMOS data is not reset or corrupted (when I restart PC after hard-reset).

Using Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 board, F8 BIOS, with Core i3-3225 processor (as Macmini5,1).