z77x-ud5h KP after awake and plugging in usb device

Postoliam

23 posts in this topic

After computer awakes and I'm plugging in usb device, it leads to Kernel Panic. If I will plug in flash drive or phone - Kernel Panic, but just after sleep. This problem appears with both Clover and Ozmosis (with Chamelion/Chimera too, as far as I know) and it came with Yosemite update. With Mavericks have been no problem. I see that many users experience this issue, and still no solution. May be somebody can help with it?

Can you log and look on "hang" or "shut" to see where is the real problem?

No "hang" in log, "shut" just this:

11/8/14 21:01:54.615 netbiosd[448]: network_reachability_changed : network is not reachable, netbiosd is shutting down
11/8/14 21:02:35.000 kernel[0]: Previous shutdown cause: 5
11/8/14 21:02:35.487 locationd[55]: locationd was started after an unclean shutdown

Full log (Fresh load - sleep - wake - KP - load) http://pastebin.com/NJF8dBd9

First clone your osx drive to another drive make sure it is bootable, then you install one kext for usb3 service like from rehabman, rebuilt kernelcache and reboot, make sure it is successful boot.

Second on you are going to modify AppleRTC.kext at the http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298536-applertc-patch-cmos-reset/

Rebuild kernelcache, give it a try, let see the result after.

First clone your osx drive to another drive make sure it is bootable, then you install one kext for usb3 service like from rehabman, rebuilt kernelcache and reboot, make sure it is successful boot.

Second on you are going to modify AppleRTC.kext at the http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298536-applertc-patch-cmos-reset/

Rebuild kernelcache, give it a try, let see the result after.

rehabman usb kext doesn't helps, second - I don't have CMOS reset problem.

After computer awakes and I'm plugging in usb device, it leads to Kernel Panic. If I will plug in flash drive or phone - Kernel Panic, but just after sleep. This problem appears with both Clover and Ozmosis (with Chamelion/Chimera too, as far as I know) and it came with Yosemite update. With Mavericks have been no problem. I see that many users experience this issue, and still no solution. May be somebody can help with it?

I have a BIOS settings question for you.  Do you have "CPU PLL Voltage Override" enabled in the BIOS settings?  I've noticed this setting can affect sleep.

Solution for this issue is install f14 bios.  

Thanks for this Goresar. I've been stuck with this too.

Will downgrade and let you know.

Are you still using ozmosis? Would be great if we can get an F14 with the latest ozmosis.

Cheers.

Thanks for this Goresar. I've been stuck with this too.

Will downgrade and let you know.

Are you still using ozmosis? Would be great if we can get an F14 with the latest ozmosis.

Cheers.

No, I switched to Clover. With Ozmosis my machine waking up if I insert usb device, but don't with Clover.

I attached my f14 bios with firewire fix, maybe someone need it.

Z77XUD5H_fwdrv.F14.zip

No, I switched to Clover. With Ozmosis my machine waking up if I insert usb device, but don't with Clover.

I attached my f14 bios with firewire fix, maybe someone need it.

Very interesting.  I will try this tonight and report back.

Can you post your BIOS settings you used?

I can confirm that rolling back to F14 BIOS and turning CSM support to "Never" works.

This is very interesting, and is a problem for me since I dual boot with Windows 7.  Windows 7 cannot boot with CSM support set to "Never."

If anyone has any sort of combination that works with CSM support set to "Always," please let me know.

No it's fine. 

You need to disable CSM in Bios (never). And of course you need F14

You guys rock! Thank you.

All working now. I'm sure it was working before with CSM enabled. 

How do you guys get to BIOS when CSM is set to NEVER ?

You guys rock! Thank you.

All working now. I'm sure it was working before with CSM enabled. 

How do you guys get to BIOS when CSM is set to NEVER ?

With CSM settings changed, the BIOS will show up on a different monitor.  For example, with CSM set to "always" my BIOS screen is on the DVI port, whereas with CSM set to "never" my BIOS screen shows up on the display with HDMI.

I wish I knew how to change this.

EDIT: Last night I tried many different combinations of options (including DSDT edits, different BIOSes and BIOS settings, OSX 10.10.1 update, etc.) without any success.  Essentially what I need is CSM enabled to boot into Windows 7, but then this breaks USB after sleep in OSX.  My best solution is to keep CSM enabled and simply not sleep in OSX.

If anyone has a way to boot Windows 7 with this board with CSM off, I'd greatly appreciate an explanation on how to do that.

With CSM settings changed, the BIOS will show up on a different monitor.  For example, with CSM set to "always" my BIOS screen is on the DVI port, whereas with CSM set to "never" my BIOS screen shows up on the display with HDMI.

I wish I knew how to change this.

EDIT: Last night I tried many different combinations of options (including DSDT edits, different BIOSes and BIOS settings, OSX 10.10.1 update, etc.) without any success.  Essentially what I need is CSM enabled to boot into Windows 7, but then this breaks USB after sleep in OSX.  My best solution is to keep CSM enabled and simply not sleep in OSX.

If anyone has a way to boot Windows 7 with this board with CSM off, I'd greatly appreciate an explanation on how to do that.

This is strange.

I have two monitors connected to the DVI ports of a GTX 670, with CSM set to never I don't get bios or the Clover boot screen, just boots from a blank screen to the desktop.

No output on the internal HD4000 gfx either.

There must be a bios settings that controls this, perhaps with CSM set to never it only outputs to HDMI?