[Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh

607 posts in this topic

@magnifico,

Are you running that command on a real Mac or your hack?

You should be getting some output if you run that command on a Mac like I did.

If on a hack, it means that the system-id is not being injected.  What version of Clover are you using? 

Make sure you specify a CustomUUID in the SystemParameters section of your config.plist and set InjectSystemID to true --->reboot---->run the command again in terminal.

@magnifico,

Are you running that command on a real Mac or your hack?

You should be getting some output if you run that command on a Mac like I did.

If on a hack, it means that the system-id is not being injected.  What version of Clover are you using? 

Make sure you specify a CustomUUID in the SystemParameters section of your config.plist and set InjectSystemID to true --->reboot---->run the command again in terminal.

Ok Fusion..now i see all,

My wrong ..in configplist ..I hadn't

<key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Since my onboard ethernet card was malfunctioning, I installed a PCIe card (Delock 89357) witch works perfectly.
But since I restored my maverick installation (after a failed install of Yosemite), I see that my ethernet card isn't "Builtin" in DPCI Manager :

post-1379732-0-89589700-1410071342.png

And as my iMessage not working (error when trying to login), I suspect that it is related to the non 'builtin' of the en0 ethernet card.

You can see that the network (the PCIe one I add in a PCIe slot of my motherboard) card isn't referenced as Ethernet in "Logement". Is that a problem ?

post-1379732-0-78550600-1410071600.png

I'm using Clover for boot loader.
How can I set to 'builtin' the new network card ?

Thanks for your help

Miles

I try disabling the onboard ethernet in the bios. And now, the new eth. card is "builtin"  :D
I don't know why I have to disable the onboard card... But since It works ^^

In return, I now have a new error message with a code and I have to call apple. I'll do it tomorrow.

post-1379732-0-89589700-1410071342_thumb.png

How to boot into Clover UEFI

Thank you for providing these detailed directions. It's helpful to see all the various ways that this can be done.

I have an  Asus P8Z68V_PRO and I cannot get any method to work when the drive is installed as a SATA device. If I connect the drive via USB and go into the F8 boot menu then I can boot into Clover from the UEFI partition so I know that it a working install. However, when the drive is connected via SATA there is no UEFI partition listed in the F8 boot menu options.

This board is over 3 years old, is it just not going to support booting from UEFI / SATA? Has anyone else with this board gotten it to work?

I've been using MBR + PBR in the EFI partition and that works fine. I'm wondering if there is any advantage from a configuration perspective when using a "pure" UEFI boot vs. the hybrid MBR/PRB/ESD method.

Hi midi,

I've found using generated fake serials are not reliable eg if you clean install OSX on a different hard drive (even using the same Clover config.plist in the same machine) or logout of iMessage on an OSX install with iMessage previously working, then you can often get problems logging in again - the "contact Apple" message usually requires a genuine Mac or iDevice to reset your AppleID password when things go wrong.

Using genuine serials, I can login & logout and install OSX on multiple partitions and iMessage still works (even without credit card attached to my AppleID :D).  I have written some background on the iMessage problem in my post in the Clover General Discussion thread.  I have replicated my results on my 2 hacks

Dell XPS m1530 Laptop using genuine serials from MacBookPro 2011

Desktop GAP55aUD3/i5-750/Radeon5770 using genuine serials from mac mini 2012

With genuine System Serial, SmUUID/Hardware ID, MLB and ROM ---> works 100% all the time, even without credit card.

From @heryts testing, you must have at least MLB & ROM from a genuine Mac or validated Hackintosh (where you have called Apple Support).

Fusion, I would like to thank you for an awesome tool, I used this on my real macbook pro and took the info from it and added it to my hack's config and boom iMessage and FaceTime work perfectly, even after a complete reinstall, when it use to get broken.

• Like 1

Fusion, I would like to thank you for an awesome tool, I used this on my real macbook pro and took the info from it and added it to my hack's config and boom iMessage and FaceTime work perfectly, even after a complete reinstall, when it use to get broken.

Make sure not to leak that data, or else Apple will block it

@ Fusion

Ok, now my i-message works fine. In future - for example after an update of mavericks to 10.9.5 - i-message  will still work?

For the moment, I have solved by replacing the serial number in config.plist with an original apple serial number and calling apple care . This is enough? Or do I have to edit the config.plist as you explain in your guide?

Thank you!

@ Fusion

Ok, now my i-message works fine. In future - for example after an update of mavericks to 10.9.5 - i-message  will still work?

For the moment, I have solved by replacing the serial number in config.plist with an original apple serial number and calling apple care . This is enough? Or do I have to edit the config.plist as you explain in your guide?

Thank you!

AFAIK, as long as you keep using the same serials in your config.plist (ROM, MLB, System Serial, system-id/HardwareID), you should be OK.  By contacting Apple and providing them with the customer error code, you have effectively validated or registered your current serials on their servers.

What happens in the future is anyone's guess eg they can easily add more variables/serials to the activation process....

• Like 1

AFAIK, as long as you keep using the same serials in your config.plist (ROM, MLB, System Serial, system-id/HardwareID), you should be OK.  By contacting Apple and providing them with the customer error code, you have effectively validated or registered your current serials on their servers.

What happens in the future is anyone's guess eg they can easily add more variables/serials to the activation process....

Hello :)

I have a question.

Does the values are affected by changing OS ?

Example, I have set values for Mavericks, that worked for a time. I installed Yosemite, and bam, works no more...

I reverted to Mavericks by restoring a full image of the SSD (made by Parangon), and iMessage not working.

So, the values I set up, can they be invalidated by an upgrade to yosemite ?

Thanks in advance :)

Miles

I have a question.

Example, I have set values for Mavericks, that worked for a time. I installed Yosemite, and bam, works no more...

I reverted to Mavericks by restoring a full image of the SSD (made by Parangon), and iMessage not working.

Miles

As said Fusion, upgrades shouldn't be a problem, maybe i was a coincidence that apple blocked your values just after the upgrade, and I assure you that I did the same thing (upgrades downgrades) an I still have my imessage since I have my own values! If you're using the MLB:1111... and the ROM:1111... found on the site, they have been blocked by Apple, you should generate your own MLB and use your genuine ethernet's mac and convert it to base64 (remove any signs like // or ==) and use it as ROM, while mlb can be whatever 17 random character (UPPER case letters and numbers only) and thn validate it through AppleCare (and it works xD) good luck :D:yes:

Tip: You may use these values on YOUR OWN hacks, it shouldn't be more than 3 (safety limit) and you shouldn't share it with anyone (choose your people wisely), it may be blocked by Apple later :o

OffTopic: Poken I fixed the sound B) 

• Like 1

I have a question.

Miles

If you use genuine serials from a Mac, then it will work regardless of the number of OSX installs/upgrades on your system or the OSX version or whether you logout of iMessage etc (unlike fake generated serials which you used for Mavericks). 

Just use the same Clover config.plist for both Mavericks & Yosemite.

Where is the wrong?Connect to iMessage after same 3-4 logout alone.

I attach all files nvram -p,message_debug,system-id and config.plist!!!!

Thanks in advanced!!!!!

attachicon.gifArchive.zip

attachicon.gifScreenFlow.mp4.zip

@crushers,

Did you run imessage_debug on a real Mac?  Is iMessage/Facetime working on that Mac?

Checking the system serial C02XXXXXXXMP at the Apple Self Solve site shows it isn't registered so you're using a non genuine generated serial.  The ouput from the debug tool has been correctly placed in your Clover config.plist so the problem can be

• you are using non genuine or blocked MLB/ROM (the pair of values must come from the same Mac for it to work)
  • the NVRAM in your hack is not working (run imessage_debug on your hack and compare with output from the working Mac).
  • Like 1

As said Fusion, upgrades shouldn't be a problem, maybe i was a coincidence that apple blocked your values just after the upgrade, and I assure you that I did the same thing (upgrades downgrades) an I still have my imessage since I have my own values! If you're using the MLB:1111... and the ROM:1111... found on the site, they have been blocked by Apple, you should generate your own MLB and use your genuine ethernet's mac and convert it to base64 (remove any signs like // or ==) and use it as ROM, while mlb can be whatever 17 random character (UPPER case letters and numbers only) and thn validate it through AppleCare (and it works xD) good luck :D:yes:

Tip: You may use these values on YOUR OWN hacks, it shouldn't be more than 3 (safety limit) and you shouldn't share it with anyone (choose your people wisely), it may be blocked by Apple later :o

OffTopic: Poken I fixed the sound B)

Thanks four you're reply,

I use my own values, generated under Chameleon Wizard at the time I use Chameleon.

When I changed to clover, I keep these values, helped by iMessage_debug of fusion71au (thanks to him ;)). 

I changed my ethernet card because onboard was not functioning correctly.

I have now a PCIe card.

MLB and ROM was generated by system I assume... because I don't remember creating thoses...

You suggest me to take MAC address from my new eth. card and convert it to base64 ?

But I don't know how to convert...

Example : A0 B1 C2 D3 E4 F5

What does the conversion ? Do I keep the : between the 2 values A0 and B1 ?

I see that my actual MLB is nearly the same as my serial : 

example : Serial number = CK012345678

MLB = CK012345678AZERT

Is that normal ?

If you use genuine serials from a Mac, then it will work regardless of the number of OSX installs/upgrades on your system or the OSX version or whether you logout of iMessage etc (unlike fake generated serials which you used for Mavericks). 

I use same config.plist (except some kext patches and others settings not related to SMBios MLB and ROM).

If I use my MacbokAir serials (including the serial number ?) does it be possible to mess with macbook air one day ?

I'm sorry to ask you again this, I do not understand quickly english, as I don't speak very well (sorry for my mistakes by the way ;)).

Hoping I'm not bother you too much  :angel: ,

Anyway, I thank you very much :D:thumbsup_anim:

@crushers,

Did you run imessage_debug on a real Mac?  Is iMessage/Facetime working on that Mac?

Checking the system serial C02XXXXXXXMP at the Apple Self Solve site shows it isn't registered so you're using a non genuine generated serial.  The ouput from the debug tool has been correctly placed in your Clover config.plist so the problem can be

• you are using non genuine or blocked MLB/ROM (the pair of values must come from the same Mac for it to work)
  • the NVRAM in your hack is not working (run imessage_debug on your hack and compare with output from the working Mac).

I don't have a Real Mac. :(

How to fix NVRAM?

Thanks in advanced.

@Pokes.

Thanks to you and all for your continued goodwork.

I am talking about yosemite DP7 specifically, I would also add that I DO NOT use the boot arg  “kext-dev-mode=1” as I believe that Apple intends that it will likely not be available after the GM version is released, so my own work is involved in creating a hack that is near maclike as possible, which so far has worked well with DP7.

I use Clover only and have not experimented with Chameleon for a long time. I boot using Clover UEFI only.

Question. Your VietnamTools writes to S/L/E so without  “kext-dev-mode=1” it does not work well for me as the modified kexts are ignored by OS X 10.10 on boot. WiFi & BT kexts by Skvo  Clover will load the two kexts you provide as long as they are loaded in EFI/CLOVER/kexts and they work. Problem is 5Ghz I have tried Skvo's patch with  “kext-dev-mode=1” and it works. The issue I have is i need to patch  AirPortBrcm4360.kext in Clover but cannot get it to work natively without the boot arg. likely as i do not know what I am doing :rofl:. Have you any ideas as to a suitable Clover patch that would make the changes to the kext?

Thanks for everything.

Very bad news.

As stated above, i solved my problem with i-message thanks to calling apple care.

Today, i did a system restore with time machine. I restored the system to a previous date when i solved the problem with imessage.

I then open imessage and i entered username and password (my apple id ) to enter.

Nothing doing: i do not log because according to him my apple id is new and i have to contact customer support in order to solve!

Then: occurs again the same issue as before.

To all: don't waste your time calling apple, so need a little!

Regards.