Different solutions

Andy Vandijck

925 posts in this topic

You guys are great! Thanks for that assembly conversion to C, MinusZwei. Amazing job.

(I only did assembly and machine code on 8-bit micros, like the Z80, 6502, 6809, etc. some 30 years ago. Not comparable to today's 32/64-bit CPUs.)

Booting into Yosemite GM Candidate with Chameleon r2401 is a blast.  :)

<snip>

I also managed to extract the kernel from the 'Essentials.pkg' using Pacifist.

<snip>

I am really curious on what exactly this new Payload format is, and also, how to improve the pbzx stream reader to get any Payload exactrable, like Pacifist.

Any progress on this issue of extracting the payload from the package?

In the meantime, we can all just continue using Pacifist to extract the kernel.

kind regards,

MAJ

EDIT: Fixed attribution

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i don't think that its possible, you will get artifacts... what is the benefit of 120z or 144hz in OS X?

There are no 3D games or support...

BTW you don't get artifacts with QNIX and Catleap.  I'm really surprised not more people here are using them.

...take a peek here...running yosemite...it appears to function, :smoke:

post-11772-0-26292100-1414179424_thumb.png

...loaded:yes  loadable:no :rofl:

Andy :thumbsup_anim:

decrypt.jpg?dl=0

Last login: Sat Oct 25 17:35:57 on console
picos-Mac-Pro:~ pico$ kextstat -l | egrep -v "com.apple"
   21    0 0xffffff7f8250d000 0x7000     0x7000     com.AnV.Software.apple.decrypt (3.0.0) <7 4 3>
   22    0 0xffffff7f825f0000 0x4000     0x4000     com.coresystems.driver.DirectHW (1.3) <7 5 4 3>
   41    0 0xffffff7f825f7000 0x3a000    0x3a000    com.insanelymac.RealtekRTL8111 (1.2.3) <40 12 5 4 3 1>
   55    0 0xffffff7f81b88000 0x2000     0x2000     com.huawei.driver.HuaweiDataCardDriver (4.25.35) <36 5 4 3>
   56    0 0xffffff7f81b63000 0x9000     0x9000     com.huawei.driver.HuaweiDataCardECMControl (1.35.02) <36 7 5 4 3 1>
   57    0 0xffffff7f81b45000 0x10000    0x10000    com.huawei.driver.HuaweiDataCardECMData (1.36.03) <40 36 7 5 4 3 1>
  104    0 0xffffff7f81b71000 0xf000     0xf000     com.huawei.driver.HuaweiDataCardACMData (4.27.04) <95 36 5 4 3 1>
  109    0 0xffffff7f82631000 0xe000     0xe000     com.tidalpoolsoftware.macproxy.kext (3.0.5) <5 4 1>
  112    0 0xffffff7f81cb6000 0x2000     0x2000     com.nvidia.CUDA (1.1.0) <4 1>
  115    0 0xffffff7f81cb2000 0x2000     0x2000     com.AnV.Software.driver.AppleMonitor (9.9.9) <4 3 1>
picos-Mac-Pro:~ pico$ kextstat -i | grep SMC
kextstat: unrecognized option `-i'
   83    3 0xffffff7f81911000 0x1c000    0x1c000    com.apple.driver.AppleSMC (3.1.9) <11 7 5 4 3 1>
   94    0 0xffffff7f81955000 0x10000    0x10000    com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin (1.0.0) <93 91 83 12 11 7 6 5 4 3>
picos-Mac-Pro:~ pico$ sw_vers
ProductName:    Mac OS X
ProductVersion:    10.10
BuildVersion:    14A389
picos-Mac-Pro:~ pico$

Hi Andy! I want to ask you if this guide can be use to fix display resolutions on my hackintosh.

I was trying to setup what you explained but didn`t get what I wanted: to have more than 2 resolutions for my 4:3 Apple Studio Display 17" (running since 1999! and very well).

With preview version of hackintosh (not running within windows) I had much more resolutions. The display is the same, the video card is a Zotac (Nvidia) GeForce 9500 GT 1024 MB, and running Yosemite. (GA-Z77X-UD3H, Intel i7, 8 GB)

In System Preferences :: Displays, only shows the same 2 resolutions than before applying the patch. Any comment ??

Thank you for your help!

PD: I run Wizard Kext to repair Permission and rebuild Cache.

I found something you can see in the following image, but cannot resolve it: Kext was not charged.

Hi Andy! I want to ask you if this guide can be use to fix display resolutions on my hackintosh.

I was trying to setup what you explained but didn`t get what I wanted: to have more than 2 resolutions for my 4:3 Apple Studio Display 17" (running since 1999! and very well).

With preview version of hackintosh (not running within windows) I had much more resolutions. The display is the same, the video card is a Zotac (Nvidia) GeForce 9500 GT 1024 MB, and running Yosemite. (GA-Z77X-UD3H, Intel i7, 8 GB)

In System Preferences :: Displays, only shows the same 2 resolutions than before applying the patch. Any comment ??

Thank you for your help!

I found something you can see in the following image, but cannot resolve it: Kext was not changed.

I found this: (image)

Thank you for your help!

I found something you can see in the following image, but cannot resolve it: Kext was not changed.

post-1084132-0-48156200-1414448343_thumb.jpg

Another update for my searching ...

I installed the Override folder, repair everything, but when re-boot the display went to a 640x480 or rather so ... and System Preferences couldn`t be opened (hungup). Fortunately I´m running TimeMachine and could get back to a safe situation. 

I don't know if kext and folder can be installed simultaneously or are incompatible each other.

Another thing is that my Override folder is full of folders with files within or empty. May I erase all of then in some way ???

Thank you again for any help!

Another update for my searching ...

I installed the Override folder, repair everything, but when re-boot the display went to a 640x480 or rather so ... and System Preferences couldn`t be opened (hungup). Fortunately I´m running TimeMachine and could get back to a safe situation. 

I don't know if kext and folder can be installed simultaneously or are incompatible each other.

Another thing is that my Override folder is full of folders with files within or empty. May I erase all of then in some way ???

Thank you again for any help!

[resolved] AMAZING !!!

I had nothing to do what all this mess was ... nothing at all ... I resolve to have more than two resolutions in System Preferences::Displays by clicking the ALT key while opening the slide that shows resolution alternative to see that they were there !!!!!!

Case finished for me! Thank you for someone that wrote about this and a friend pass me a link ... lucky man :)

Hope could help you too!

I did some work on the cctools sources and have made really optimised versions of all of the tools inside.

I have also included the diff required for building.

The version of otool has also got some updates and is actually otool-ng based.

This means it has extra options and things.

On my machine it builds without a single warning and the sources are set to make fast working tools :D

Enjoy ;)

EDIT: New version for cctools-862

Built tools mtoc and otool-ng uploaded.

cctools-855-AnV-Bin.zip

cctools-855-AnV.diff.zip

cctools-862-AnV.diff.zip

cctools-862-AnV_Bin.zip

• Like 4

This can be helpful one day! ;)

Andy, any chance to emulate eDP code signals into LVDS code signals back and forth so that we can get eDP Laptop and Tablets LCDs working with OS X Mavericks and above?

It would need a kext performing the changes attaching before AppleDisplay / AppleBacklightDisplay to which those classes attach.

You can then pass into those classes the edited parts and back because it tends to be the intermediate.

As far as I know those 2 classes are defined in IOGraphicsFamily.

You can even do this for Yosemite but in order to build for Yosemite you need my lzvn source as included with the kernel cache tool I posted.

• Like 1

Andy,

what is the reason to add PowerPC support?

+        else if(arch->object->mh_cputype == CPU_TYPE_POWERPC)

Just a little experiment.

I wanted to see if it would add that (maybe even for some testing on some PowerPC mac with custom loader)

New version, Yosemite optimized with new ideas tested and confirmed working.

Also contains info on using corecrypto for your own kexts ;)

• Like 2

Hello Andy, i've followed your guilde and i can tell i have a minor issues that far is i've readed its possible to solve (Not by me, rather by you since u are Sensei in this) --

Anyway, the thing is i've Extracted my EDID.bin from DarwinDumper and used it in FixEDID application, choosed "Apple LED Cinema Display" generated the kext. Once i done that on my desktop i got the following kext named DisplayMergeNub.kext that i've installed in S/L/E after clearing my cache and repairing permissions kext is successfully loaded upon reboot, as you can tell from picture below;

772e60d722c602378a893892c3ea2fee.png

So my monitor (TV - BENQ E24-5500) has maximum resolution of 1920x1080 or (1080p when i'm going with HDMI cable) now i'm at DVI to VGA (Cable, since i was thinking that is impossible to be done with HDMI Cable). Question is, is it possible to obtain scaled resolution of OSX Elements like 2560x1440? I will upload you my original files  that i've extracted thru DarwinDumper and used in FixEDID application.

Also i would like to mention that i was trying to add scaled resolution in FixEDID options "2560x1440" aswell (When i was on HDMI) and it didnt worked.

Any tips, or help or your modification is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

EDIT; also provided u screenshot of resolutions in Swtich Screen and Monitor

EDIDhex - EDIDbin.zip

post-1129198-0-57489900-1415296154_thumb.png

post-1129198-0-72601400-1415296161_thumb.png

EDID-9d1-75a1.bin.zip

New version, Yosemite optimized with new ideas tested and confirmed working.

Also contains info on using corecrypto for your own kexts ;)

Hello Andy ,  :) 

on pourrait regarder aussi de gros problèmes graphiques , (screen white  ) HD 6670 / HD 6850 / HD 7950 sur Mavericks 10.9.4/5 and Yosemite sur CPU AMD , seule l'HD 4670 fonctionne mais avec un opengl très très faible . (lag)

ces cartes graphiques sont toute oob sur CPU Intel . Je n'arrives pas à comprendre d'où vient le problème ? 

Merci  :) 

Hello Andy :)

could also look big problems graphics (white screen) HD 6670 / HD 6850 / HD 7950 on Mavericks 10.9.4/5 and Yosemite  on AMD CPU, only the HD 4670 works but with a very low opengl. (lag)

These graphics cards are all OOB Intel CPU. I do not manage to understand where is the problem?

thank you :)

This is an optimised version of zlib-1.2.8 with Apple optimised patch applied created from zlib-55 diffed against zlib-1.2.5.

It is compiled and optimised for running very fast and has all optimisations set in the build.

I created also an installer package.

It is of course fully signed with a proper developer certificate.

It replaces and puts also a compatibility link in place for current "Release" zlib-1.2.5

Sources are included and also files needed to generate an installer package (see cpio, xar, flat package editor, productsign and productbuild manuals from Xcode for more info).

Enjoy ;)

zlib-56-installer.zip

zlib-56.tar.xz.zip

• Like 4

This is a custom version of OpenSSL-1.0.1j.

It is created using a custom Apple patch created for building an optimised version of OpenSSL.

It is linked against certain Apple private frameworks.

I made an installer package for installation in /usr/bin, /usr/include and /usr/lib.

Source, as usual, is included.

Enjoy :D

EDIT: New version, based on OpenSSL 1.0.1l

openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.1l 15 Jan 2015

This version has all that is needed directly in the installer package.

It also installs the proper openssl.cnf and gmp and zlib extra's directly.

OpenSSL101j-52.zip

openssl_1.0.1_apple.pkg.zip

OpenSSL101l-52.zip

• Like 7