Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

i tried that all ... here the real, sick solution

boot windows - device manager - properties of your card - wake on lan ENABLE

end :angel: thanx anyways

:) dang windows...

you know...somewhere in the back of my mind i seem to recall having a problem like that months and months ago... well, now that it is working, kick back and enjoy

end ;) thanx anyways

pure f@#$in' genius. i spent hours trying to get this to work thinking it was a driver issue as to not powering the chip, and this fix worked. awesome. ty

Hi all,

I've seen neo tha you have to tweak a little the networkinterface.plist, but i don't know how... My card is recognized as pci ethernet even it's onboard. This is not really a problem, but if it could be perfect i would be cool. Thankks

hi guyz sorry for my bad english only wish to tnx all for this useful post and drivers :)

now im posting with my realtek 8111 asrock conroexfire integrated

and yes the solution for me too was enabling wake on lan by windows system

greaaaat work!!!!!!!!!!!! tnx all ;)

end :) thanx anyways

Oh my God! It worked for me too, now i could use internet in my Hackintosh too... Thnx!

Only wondering, if someone could write down this solution to network drivers in OSX...

• 3 weeks later...

OSX didn't recognized my 8168/8111 so I installed the driverd and now I can see it in Network window with a green light. I can even log in to my modem properties page in Safari (192.168.2.1) and change settings but I can't go any further. No internet!

Any idea?

By the way, I am a noob and these are my first experinces with OS X so say something i can understand :unsure:

Hi all!

Great news: found a driver for RTL8111B/RTL8168B/RTL8111/RTL8168/RTL8111C on Realtek's site here.

don't know actually when they release it, but it shows 2007/1/10 and version is 1.1.1

I have Asus P5PL2 with RTL8111B on-board. Recently used solution from DaemonES link. works fine except that freezes network traffic once a day or two. uninstalled it with provided script, installed manufacturer's solution, rebooted and voila: network settings remains and everything seems to be ok!

testing right now...

have a nice work.

Update:

Nope! Can't find the solution: it still freezes after several hours of working... Maybe it is MacOS's or Kernel's fault?

I think it depends on number of connections...

I'Ve got an Problem with the uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i for AMD Release and my Realtek 8139 PCI Card.

The card was detected right by the OS, but when i open the Network Settings it shows me a wrong IP (screenshot added). In the Networking Preferences panel it shows me the Ethernet Card orange, also the card runs but the IP was assigned automatically, and so maybe there could be Problems with connecting to the Internet. And thats my problem, i can't connect.

I think it'S because of it detects a wrong IP, but when I set the IP settings by my own, it do not work, too.

post-76648-1187189021_thumb.jpg

Can someone help me?

Sorry for my bad englisch -.-

Hello DaemonES

i got a same problem with "sunriis" and have the same modem too. you said to tune his nic setup like those things. i tried all combinationd (not he numbers) and im absolutely sure cables are connected (also i write these with the same mdoem) im really confused. where can i learn what nic settiings i need?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your efforts, drivers work on great on my Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2.

However, they always load as en2. Is there a way to have them use en0? I already tried editing the files in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, without any success ;)

I had installed the IONetworkingFamily.kext and RealtekR1000.kext driver.

but when i installed it,i can connect the Internet by the driver.

but after i restart osx,the system shows can not use,need reinstall.

OMG,It killed me,I dunno how to solve it.

btw,i am not install the driver the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have a mac osx x86 10.4.10, a relatek 8168 I tried to use the R1000 driver but there are some problems with IONetworkfamily.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext. Unfortunately I can't attach any log becouse the pc freezes, maybe some incompatibility problems with the version....

I'm very happy to have mac on my pc however I would like to be able to use the network... :)

Could someone help me?

Thanks,

Matteo

Hi All,

I have a mac osx x86 10.4.10, a relatek 8168 I tried to use the R1000 driver but there are some problems with IONetworkfamily.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext. Unfortunately I can't attach any log becouse the pc freezes, maybe some incompatibility problems with the version....

I'm very happy to have mac on my pc however I would like to be able to use the network... :angel:

Could someone help me?

Thanks,

Matteo

maybe a screenshot could be useful

dscn0423mi1.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It works fine on this config.

Sharing solutions...

The configuration :

Hackintosh GA-P35-DS3-R with on board RealTek 8168 Ethernet Controller

C2D 2.6 GHz -> 3.2GHz ; 4GB RAM ; 250GB SATA HD ; 250GB IDE HD ; DVD-R IDE

xXx 10.4.10 basic and recommended components only

Additional Drivers :

RealTekR1000 (RealtekR1000.kext from xXx)

JCCool X1950XT driver (v0.1)

alc889a audio (ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA.kext)

AppleVIAATA.kext (from xXx updated with IDE controller ID as http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=66891 with value 0x2363197b)

note : installation must still be performed with DVD SATA !

What works :

On the Network side :

AppleTalk file sharing with Apple G4 through Ethernet 100Mb

Internet sharing through Apple G4 Airport connection

And :

USB out of the box (including 1GB key, Bluetooth dongle)

X1950XT with QE/CI, dual screen, rotation...

IDE HD and DVD on IDE connectors (issue on large file transfers -> freeze)

Stereo audio (haven't tried more yet)