Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

I have installed RealtekR1000.kext and the first time I boot after installation the driver works perfectly. However the second time I boot my system freezes when it tries to start the loginwindow. I found a workaround for this problem. If I delete the /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache it will boot again. Ofcourse this is a far from optimal solution, any ideas as to what causes this weird problem.

My system: Asus V6j (laptop)

Ethernet: Realtek RTL 8168/81111

I have the same issue, any help would be appreciated

Many thanks to DaemonES for your driver :)

It works fine on my Notebook Wortmann/Clevo M 520N, Core 2 Duo 5600 (1,83 GHz) with that Realtek 8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit-NIC. I'm online with it at this moment.

Very good job!

Greetings from good old Germany :thumbsup_anim:

Hi,

I upgraded to from 10.4.7 to 10.4.8 and my working Ethernet stopped working. Fortunately, I found your patch and I now have my Ethernet back and connect to the Internet.

Now if only I could get my Realtek audio working (audio has never worked)

Thanks.

Gyvery

Foxconn 915GL7MC-8KS MB w/Realtek RTL8169

Intel Celeron 331

IBM DTLA 307045

Asus p4p800-mx

10.4.8 /8.8.1

RTL 8101L

With the 1.02 driver version (and apple8139 removed) the driver appears to load:

kernel[0]: rtl_r1000_nic_ext: Ethernet address 00:15:f2:a1:10:ab

however the network status is always "cable unplugged" and trying to set the duplex/speed has no effect at all.

With the 1.04 driver, the RTL-8101L is not seen at all. Even the debug version prints nothing at all upon load.

Any ideas?

Hi guys!

I have a "SiS 900 Fast Ethernet Adapter (PHY: Realtek RTL8201/L/BL) PCI" onboard lan in my notebook (HP compaq Presario B1013)

I have the problem, that the Mac recognize it, but it apears grey in the network, so i can't do anything with it.

How can i get it work?

foobar04 hm, maybe AppleRealtek8139 can works with you NIC? Anyway install debug version of driver manually (see first post) and send me log.

Vampnight write driver for it. I could do this, but I took another NIC to my view ;)

Worked great for my new gigabit ethernet NIC.

JaS AMD-Intel SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 10.4.8

CompUSA 10/100/1000 Network PCI Card (RTL8169S-32)

Dell Dimension 2400

Disabled the onboard 10/100 NIC first, then ran your installer in 1.04. Works great! Now to figure out what my new bottleneck is...

Does anyone but me have problems with the R1000 driver occasionally disconnecting?

This appears to happen randomly every few minutes depending on what the computer is doing, then it'll come back after a while.

I'm working around it for now, by running a small shell script in an infinite loop, that pings my gateway every 5 secs. When I do this my connection never drops.

NOTE: Loading the debug version of the driver does not appear to produce any meaningful data, although, if needed I can of course load it and dump the logs out if it will help to troubleshoot this...

Hardware:

Abit AB9 Pro

Using onboard RTL 8111/8168B ports.

First, thank you! i got my Realtek 8138/8111 working with the installer 1.04. it works within the first restart after installation without problems.. (i'm writing this with safari) but after restarting again it shows this message:

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext“ was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

i tried with this:

sunriis try to unload kext, and than load it with ket -t:?sudo -s?cd /System/Library/Extensions?kextunload RealtekR1000.kext?kextload -t RealtekR1000.kext

i got this:

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

kernel extension RealtekR1000.kext has problems:

Authentication failures:

{

"File owner/permissions are incorrect" = (

"/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext"

"/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

"/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext/Contents"

"/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext/Contents/MacOS/RealtekR1000"

"/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext/Contents/MacOS"

)

}

i changed the permisions of kext file to system but after restart it wouldnt work again.

perhaps its a stupid thing, but i'm a newbie. please, dont go mad with me. some solution?¿

I had the same problem here. Driver is not working now.

System loads the driver but doesn't get an IP. If I put the IP manually it tells me that cable is not plugged in. I tried changing MTU and other settings manually and continues with the same problem.

Anyway, thanks very much for the driver.

PS.: I have some skills coding (few skills). I would like to understand a little bit more how to write some drivers. If you have some piece of codes there, or want to talk about it out of the forum, send me an email marcostrinca at gmail com

I tried downloading your zip file from sourceforge but it's not extracting.

EDIT: Forgot to say that my problems are not with permission.

Inovision: Try doing that:

1. cp the RealtekR1000.kext for your Desktop (computer will ask u to authenticate)

2. open DiskUtility and run repairPermissions

3. cp the RealtekR1000.kext again to extension's folder

4. open terminal and type sudo -s chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext

5. chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext

6. rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.*

7. type reboot

Thanks

Thanks for all the work guys & gals. I'm having a hell of a time getting a eg1032v3 to work. It uses the Realtek 8169 chip (http://www.linuxcompatible.org/Linksys_Gigabit_Network_Adapter_EG1032_v3_c12430.html), but I can't seem to get anywhere with it. I've loaded the RealtekR1000.kext successfully, and I can see the port on reboot (en1), but it won't negotiate DHCP. The card works perfectly in Linux & XP. I've searched, but nobody seems to have any specific experience with this card. Any ideas?

Not working on MSI P965 Platinum. Chip is Realtek 8111B (10EC 8168). Running JaS 10.4.8.

Network Preferences says cable unplugged, "ifconfig" command reports "status: inactive". Tried assigning address manually and setting speed/duplex mode, no luck. Tried 1.02 and 1.04 driver. Loaded debug version also, doesn't seem to show anything useful in the log. Lights on the LAN port don't come on either.

XP Device Manager shows that it's using IRQ 17, shared with ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 and Root Port 5.

Has anyone had any success with a similar setup?

DaemonES, just to say that the .zip from sourceforge is working well with another mirror.

By the way, the driver continues doesn't working in my machine. I tried everything I can read inside this thread.

Any idea?

Computer: Toshiba A135/S4487 - Duo Core 2 1.66GHz, 2GB RAM

Update on progress:

1. I managed to find an OS X Intel driver on the Realtek site! Try this link - http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=false - look at the bottom of the page, under "Others": "MacOS 10.4 on Intel-based Mac computer". Comes with an Installer package!

2. Still not working for me, even with this driver. In fact, I tried enabling the Boot ROM and using the PXE boot trick, but it gives a "Media test failure" error. I'll see if I can find a solution to this.

Ok, I think I got it - I enabled the "Wake on LAN" setting in the Windows driver config. This way, the interface controller comes up after a reboot/powerup and is able to connect. It seems that the OS X driver doesn't activate the interface, so it needs WOL to "help it along".