Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

SOS DaemonES... asrock conroe945g-dvi

Hi, i'm a french, excuse my english,

I have a asrock conroe945g-dvi with chipset realtek 8111b, and my problem is when install your driver everithing it's ok during 5 minute and after,... grey screen... plz help me :whistle:

my config is :

proc : C2D 6300

CM : Asrock conroe945g-dvi

GC : asus en7300gs 256mo

HD : 500 go sata2

Audio : ok - video : ok - Ethernet : no, ok during a few minutes, and after... the dirty grey screen.

Excuse me again...

And thank you DaemonES for all your work for OSX Free, really thanks !

Hi,

If just one little question. I installed the pkg one on my "try out" partiton an it work really fine for me. I can see it also in the

network preferences and configure it.

Now i used it on my clean working partition and i can see the:

Ethernet (integriert):

Typ: Ethernet

Hardware: Ethernet

BSD-Gerätename: en0

IPv4:

Konfigurationsmethode: DHCP

IPv6:

Konfigurationsmethode: Automatisch

Proxies:

FTP-Proxy aktiviert: Nein

Passiver FTP-Modus: Ja

Gopher-Proxy aktiviert: Nein

HTTP-Proxy aktiviert: Nein

HTTPS-Proxy aktiviert: Nein

RTSP-Proxy aktiviert: Nein

SOCKS-Proxy aktiviert: Nein

but i cant see it in the network prefernces. can someone help me to get this fixed?

Is there a little trick like the switching at wireless for broadcom????

Greetz

Prenderguest

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just got a D-Link DGE-528T (RTL8169 chipset) as I'm upgrading all my network to gigabit. I've got a dual boot XP/OSX box p4 2.8ghz it has got onboard lan (via rhine which was working ok in osx) which is now disabled in the bios. I've tried everything to get this card working in osx (10.4.8 sse2, kernel 8.8.1) tried the drivers from the cd (following instructions in another thread about making sure the vendor and device id are there) that didnt do anything and now I've tried this driver which gives me an error "unable to allocate pad vm for /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/plugIns/Mach.kext/Mach - (os/kern) no space available" when i try to load it. I'm new to osx and I've probably done something stupid like got too many kexts installed or something but I'm so used to linux where it detects hardware on boot and only loads whats necessary that I've got a bit stuck.

DaemonES... i have realtek 8139D and you driver 1.04 but installing and loading drivers is OK.. internet work... but after restart drivers is not loaded and i must "reload" drivers....

please fix it in new version.. or give me link for version 1.03 (this version not have this problem)... thanks

DaemonES,

I just put together a new PC to try out a Hackintosh. The MoBo I'm using is the Mach Speed MS945G-GLV. It has an integrated Realtek RTL 8110SC/8100C NIC. I have Mac OS X 10.4.8 Jas installed with the 8.8.1 semthex kernel. Originally I tried isntalling your 1.02 version of the driver. That seemed to work (NIC was recognized and I was surfing the net), but I started getting the grey screen crash telling me I needed to reboot. I got that version of the driver from http://www.necnet.de/krass.man/Installers/...0Installer.html (so you know exactly which one I used at first). I finally determined that it was in fact the 1.02 driver that was causing my crashes, and so I started reading through these posts. I found the 1.04 version of your driver from Sourceforge.net and installed it. But now the NIC is recognized (I can click on it in System Preferences/Networking - whereas before it was greyed out) but it is not getting a DHCP address, and thus I'm unable to get on the net.

So, knowing that you have requested several times to have logs, I uninstalled the release version and installed the debug version - then using the Console app in /Applications/Utilities I got a copy of the system.log. Here is that file (attached). Hopefully my problem is a simple fix. I have windows installed - and this is the info windows has about this nic....

PCI Slot 4 (PCI bus 1, device 5, function 0)

Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Driver Date: 6/15/2006

Driver Version: 5.649.615.2006

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Device Instance ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8167&SUBSYS_23041565&REV_10\4&1AF1648C&0&28F0

I/O Range: DE00-DEFF

Memory Range: FDCFF000-FDCFF0FF

IRQ: 20

If you need any more info, just let me know. I'm a programmer (mainly database and web stuff using VB, Realbasic, and Flex) and I know my way around Windows and Mac fairly well - have used both for years. I'm just now learning about Linux, Unix, FreeBSD - so my command line skills in the unix variants is lacking at the moment so please be patient with me on that part.

Thanks,

Chris

PS - I replaced all of the line feed characters in the log file with carriage return/line feed so I can read the file in Notepad on windows.

system.log.txt

DaemonES,

I think I got it. I noticed that the logs 'looked' like things were working. So I thought maybe it just wasn't getting an IP address through DHCP. So I tried manually putting in the IP address that Windows has been getting. That didn't work, so I selected Automatic DHCP and clicked Apply. A second later, it got an IP address. I opened Safari, and it was working. So then I unloaded the debug version of the driver and reinstalled the release. Restarted the computer. No connection again. So, I manually put in my Windows IP address - still no luck, but as soon as I re-selected Automatic DHCP - I got a connection and everything appears to be working. I've been connected for several minutes now (writing this post now from Safari) and haven't crashed. So, crossing my fingers, but it looks like your new driver is working great. If I have any problems I'll let you know. No all I've got to get working is my sound, and I'll be finished!!! :blush:

DaemonES's driver worked! After trying to get my onboard LAN working (Realtek RTL8100C) and a PCI card (DLink 530TX+ Rev. D2), both no go with orByte's driver. The interface would be recognized but the closest I could get something working would be to ping the router. Everything else was dead and non-responsive. So I went to the store today and bought another NIC.

The card purchased is an AirLink101 AGIGA32PCI. It has a Realtek RTL8169S chip. Did a fresh install of 10.4.8, installed DaemonES 1.04 driver RealtekR1000, rebooted, got permission errors, fixed the permissions, rebooted, got another error message that the IP I put in the setup was already taken (had been trying DHCP (Manual), putting in the router IP). So I set the thing to full DHCP which never worked with the other cards and drivers, and it was like the floodgates opened up. Even though same people say the Linksys WRT54G doesn't like OSX requests for DHCP, I got assigned an IP and DNS immediately. Everything came in and now networking works! Here's my el-cheapo Hackintosh hardware setup:

ECS RS400-A motherboard with on-board ATI graphics: Radeon X300

Pentium 4 630 3.0GHz

512MB PC3200

Seagate PATA HD

and the AirLink card mentioned above. The on-board sound doesn't work (Realtek ALC655), but it's not that important. I would like the bump up the resolution to 1280x1024. But every time I've tried to install omni's callisto drivers the result is a really bad screen on startup, all gray in several languages to turn off the computer, it ain't going to happen. So I give up on the ATI for now, maybe some day I'll try again.... But the LAN WORKS!!!!

Hello!

I have ASUS p5ld2 SE with build-in Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC but network is not working....

I installed RealtekR1000_1.04 .. but in network properties it shows PCI Ethernet Card marked with red and its says, that network cable is not plugged in... Do I need to change/tweak something manually?

Actually before I had a motherboard Asus P5LD2-VM with built-in Intel PRO/1000 .. so I just switched motherboards and OSX boots ok, only there is no network and no sound (before I had Realtek ALC882M but now I have SoundMax)..

So I think, maybe somehow OSX trys to load old drivers for intel built-in netcard? Any help or advice will be useful...

and one more thing: in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

i have:

1) built-in as en0 (but not showing in network properties, only I can see in system profile)

2) PCI Ethernet as en1 (this I can see in network properties, but marked with red and also can see in system profile)

I was trying to change enS, but nothing happens...

Hi,

How can i change my MAC address? I have installed newest driver with instalator.

sudo ifconfig en0 lladdr aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff not working

I could ask my ISP for new MAC... But, I play with BeOS/Haiku OS'es and under those system I use my SIS900 NIC. I can't change MAC under BeOS/Haiku.

JAS 10.4.8

The MAC address cannot be changed, it's unique to each and every NIC.

Usually MAC address can be changed. By typing in terminal:

sudo ifconfig en0 lladdr aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

But unfortunaly it isn't working with that driver... Or maybe OSX kernel is not supporting this?

Hello,

I have the SAME issue!!!! How did you solve it? Is anyone around this board that has suggestion why this happens? I installed the realtek 1.1.1 driver the one from "nicemac" but it did NOT solved the issue. I cannot connect to the web via DSL modem as I get "CHAP authentication failed: Authentication failed" message. Any suggestion, please? Is there something BIOS related?

Gabriele Fontana

Hello!

I have ASUS p5ld2 SE with build-in Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC but network is not working....

I installed RealtekR1000_1.04 .. but in network properties it shows PCI Ethernet Card marked with red and its says, that network cable is not plugged in... Do I need to change/tweak something manually?

Actually before I had a motherboard Asus P5LD2-VM with built-in Intel PRO/1000 .. so I just switched motherboards and OSX boots ok, only there is no network and no sound (before I had Realtek ALC882M but now I have SoundMax)..

So I think, maybe somehow OSX trys to load old drivers for intel built-in netcard? Any help or advice will be useful...

and one more thing: in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

i have:

1) built-in as en0 (but not showing in network properties, only I can see in system profile)

2) PCI Ethernet as en1 (this I can see in network properties, but marked with red and also can see in system profile)

I was trying to change enS, but nothing happens...

Hi,

How can i change my MAC address? I have installed newest driver with instalator.

sudo ifconfig en0 lladdr aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff not working

I could ask my ISP for new MAC... But, I play with BeOS/Haiku OS'es and under those system I use my SIS900 NIC. I can't change MAC under BeOS/Haiku.

JAS 10.4.8

You can't.

The MAC address cannot be changed, it's unique to each and every NIC.

No it can be, but I don't know how to reflash EEPROM.

Usually MAC address can be changed. By typing in terminal:

sudo ifconfig en0 lladdr aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

But unfortunaly it isn't working with that driver... Or maybe OSX kernel is not supporting this?

You right, driver is not supported this feature, cause lack of info.

Hello,

I have the SAME issue!!!! How did you solve it? Is anyone around this board that has suggestion why this happens? I installed the realtek 1.1.1 driver the one from "nicemac" but it did NOT solved the issue. I cannot connect to the web via DSL modem as I get "CHAP authentication failed: Authentication failed" message. Any suggestion, please? Is there something BIOS related?

Gabriele Fontana

OS X issue, sorry.

...sorry, if I well understood I need an external (PCI) network card to connect to the web, is that right or am I wood-brained? :-)

Gabriele

OS X issue, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Netgear GA311 which uses Realtek 8169 . My OSX86 setup is JaS 10.4.9 running on Asus P5B deluxe. I was trying to use the GA311 to set up a computer to computer network from my OSX86 desktop to my macbook.

I couldn't get Netgear GA311 working out of the box. But luckily I found Daemon's driver v1.02. The card is now recognized and works. But it only works from time to time.

When it works the speed is great and I get 1000Mb gigabit ethernet. But when it refuses to work, system preferences says the cable isn't plugged in with a red dot. I have tried all kinds of IP setting - from automatic DCHP to full manual. But I still get the same problem.

Interestingly, I have very similar problem in Windows Vista. The card is recognized as a Realtek 8169 card automatically right after Vista is installed. But from time to time Vista says the cable isn't plugged in. But the problem is gone after I downloaded and installed the driver from Netgear for Vista. Now it is working flawlessly in Vista.

Its similar behavior in Vista and OSX86 makes me think that we need some tweak on the general Realtek 8169 driver to make it work for GA311?

Any idea? Anyone has similar problem?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a realtek 8111b onboard. i HAD this thing runnin 3 months ago. now as i installed new os on same system i cant get it runnin. driver install seems ok. the MAC adress is recognized and i can edit IP and stuff which i did manually as i dont use DHCP on the router. but it says "no cable connected" (like few people in here said already) and with ifconfig -a i can see: inactive. there is also no led activity .... please help me to get this run ... i HAD it runnin but HOW? damn ...

i have a realtek 8111b onboard. i HAD this thing runnin 3 months ago. now as i installed new os on same system i cant get it runnin. driver install seems ok. the MAC adress is recognized and i can edit IP and stuff which i did manually as i dont use DHCP on the router. but it says "no cable connected" (like few people in here said already) and with ifconfig -a i can see: inactive. there is also no led activity .... please help me to get this run ... i HAD it runnin but HOW? damn ...

comatron, although you usually manually configure... try letting it automatically configure using DHCP. It seems that a number of others describe problem like yours but were able to connect in that fashion...