Mavericks Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

470 posts in this topic

Hey there toleda,

I've been having TONS of trouble getting my audio to work on my prebuilt. Yes, prebuilt, it was a gift... haha. My particular model is the HPE-410f here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02481315

If you don't feel like clicking that, it includes an AMD Phenom II X6 1045T and an ALC888s (I'm pretty sure you said there's no difference between the 888 and 888s, so I am banking on that.)

Anyways, Mavericks is working beautifully and everything is recognized except for the audio, and it's annoying as that's what I want to work the most! (Ableton, Logic, etc.)

Also, if we can't get this working, maybe you know what's wrong with my little USB audio device, a Syba model. It works perfectly fine is Lion 10.7.5, but flops in Mavericks. Extremely glitchy and barely decipherable. It's this model here: http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-CM-UAUD-Adapter-C-Media-Chipset/dp/B001MSS6CS

And finally, when mavericks boots up and I looked at the kernel log (no panics, surprisingly), this is what it says. Anything you can see in here? I followed your guide, ran the ALC888_90.command and there was no glitches. I even restored the original AppleHDA to use it, so if this could get figured out that would be great!

Thanks for a response!

Here's the code relating to the HDA:

11/9/13 10:48:14.124 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"
11/9/13 10:48:14.459 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"
11/9/13 10:48:14.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352
11/9/13 10:48:14.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352
11/9/13 10:48:22.536 PM com.apple.kextcache[1063]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"
11/9/13 10:48:22.597 PM com.apple.kextcache[1063]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"
11/9/13 10:56:29.226 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"
11/9/13 10:56:31.019 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"
11/9/13 10:56:31.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352
11/9/13 10:56:31.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352

I also saw this right above it, if that has anything to do with it? But when I went and looked at the file itself, the info.plist DID exist....

11/9/13 10:24:22.921 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext has no Info.plist file.
11/9/13 10:24:24.021 PM com.apple.kextcache[1584]: AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext has no Info.plist file.
11/9/13 10:24:24.202 PM com.apple.kextcache[1584]: AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext has no Info.plist file.
11/9/13 10:24:24.265 PM com.apple.kextcache[1584]: AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext has no Info.plist file.
11/9/13 10:24:24.318 PM com.apple.kextcache[1584]: AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext has no Info.plist file.

Is there for alc 269? Thanks!

Not on this thread.

And finally, when mavericks boots up and I looked at the kernel log (no panics, surprisingly), this is what it says. Anything you can see in here? I followed your guide, ran the ALC888_90.command and there was no glitches.

See Problem Reporting, Post #1, reply with requested information.

Sorry man, here you go.

1.) OSX 10.9 n-Alvorix RS880 Micro ATX Motherboard with AMD785g chipset, AMD Phenom II X6 1045t 6 core processor, and upgraded GTX 560 Ti graphics. Bios is stock, AHCI enabled, all that.

2.) I used your install guide above. I replaced the stock 2.5.2 AppleHDA and ran the command alcaudio_90.command. The patch was a success for what I can see. I then installed HDAEnabler1, as when I look at the information I see intel audio and it lists it as 1.

3.) I used your patcher for AppleHDA.

4.) I don’t use dsdt, I don’t think it works for AMD?

Here's a screenshot of the intel audio ID: http://gyazo.com/af4e38df8512c0ac1b61c5d3d8e09905

It wouldnt let me upload .ioreg files, so I just uploaded it to mediafire here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ezzwe4dp4e751s7

The other one's attached.

Thanks again!

Kernel Sound Assertion.txt

I looked all over my kexts and couldn't find out where a disabler was, if it was obvious. I attached screenshots of my kexts if you see anything in there that would be disabling it? It was a pretty stock Mavericks install with a patched AMD kernel from Bronvoska and Andy and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Mavericks stock DSDT-free install. The only other thing I installed manually was my ethernet kext, so I got nothing. I understand if you don't want to waste your time looking through these kexts, if you would that'd be great, but if not it's alright. I appreciate you trying to help me anyways.

http://gyazo.com/79146f22c703b9ad32bfd3e3d4b39056

http://gyazo.com/10e94985f2a3699cdb78d9265ddc7fac

http://gyazo.com/56bf4e31b65e71740754270a290d7b41

http://gyazo.com/0e9d0ab2292f736c9cffd3946b8c5ad9

http://gyazo.com/c7cf8bc3d3cf6b51f2534084d2071948

• 2 weeks later...

I tried hackintosh long time ago. Not very successful there. Here I am again, trying again with 10.9. My motherboard is gigabyte ga-b75m-d3v (ver 2.0). Sound is ALC887. I manage to install mavericks but there are no sound. I tried reading this guy but it is too confusing for me. I am not sure which file to download and how to apply the patch.

Some one please be kind enough to provide a step by step guide.

Again, my sound is ALC887 with 3 holes behind. Thanks.

Some one please be kind enough to provide a step by step guide.

There are 10 steps, how many more do you need?

1. Install Audio ID: 2 kext enabler, audio_kext_enabler/HDAEnabler1.kext.zip at master · toleda/audio_kext_enabler

2. Click on the 887 link in Post #1, this thread

3. Read the README

4. Press the "Download Zip" Button

5. See README/Installation/Shell Script/.command - 5  more steps

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Toleda,

Thanks so much for all you do for this cause.

I'm struggling a bit here under Mavericks still and was hoping you could help out.

I am booting with the latest Clover on a fairly old (around 2009) motherboard.

Have not tweaked the config of Clover much for audio other than to turn inject on with the "detect" option set to yes.

No custom HDA kexts at all other than an attempt to run the audio_ALC888 script which replaced AppleHDA with a patched version for Mavericks 10.9 (I grabbed your latest).  No HDAEnabler kext installed/injected anywhere.

Motherboard is G45T-M2 with an 8 channel Realtek ALC888 on board.  I also have an Nvidia graphics card in there which may be interfering trying to get its HDMI audio working though all I see are airplay devices under Sound.

1. 10.9/G4T-M2/Core 2 Duo Intel/Nvidia 210 Graphics
  2. Used audio_ALC888 procedure and guide for Mavericks plus clover config settings
  3. Patched S/L/E/AppleHDA,kext attached in zip
  4. No dsdt.aml installed.
  5. Copy of IOReg - IOReg/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (not ioreg.txt), see Tools 3.  attached in zip
  6. Console/All Messages/kernel Sound assertions selected/Save Selection As….. attached as screenshot, zip
  7. Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices) attached in zip

fortoleda.zip

Have not tweaked the config of Clover much for audio other than to turn inject on with the "detect" option set to yes.

No custom HDA kexts at all other than an attempt to run the audio_ALC888 script which replaced AppleHDA with a patched version for Mavericks 10.9 (I grabbed your latest).  No HDAEnabler kext installed/injected anywhere.

Motherboard is G45T-M2 with an 8 channel Realtek ALC888 on board.  I also have an Nvidia graphics card in there which may be interfering trying to get its HDMI audio working though all I see are airplay devices under Sound.

Clover Detect did not work, use Config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject=1

Use the 888_v100202 version of the patch.

HDMI audio does not interfere with on board audio. AppleHDA HDMI audio does not work with the GT 210.

Fix the issues noted above, reply with new IOReg.  

Note, IOReg shows a BIOS problem that disables AppleHDA audio; a null codec.  No known fix.

Toleda, so great to hear from you!  I imagine you are a busy guy plus all the help you get asked for around here so I thank you for taking the time to look at this and reply.

Okay, I set the Inejct string to 1 and it looks like it's now set that way in system info.  Attached a new ioreg for you to see.  So hopefully at least my Clover syntax is right.  Still not sure about setting that variable to something other than 1, like I see other choices are 2, 3, and 12 (?) but not sure how to know which to set.  I can try them all if you think it might be useful.

The attached AppleHDA to the previous post should have been your patched one patched with 888_v100202, but if that looked wrong let me know and I'll re-try it.  I grabbed the one from the Desktop folder called audio_ALC888 (not the original, the other one).

I'm ASSUMING that the 888 is what I have because that's what the motherboard specs say, but is there any other way to confirm it?  I believe specs say ALC888S.  I'd love to find a way to fix this even if it means trying a different BIOS.  Would rather not use Voodoo and all the issues, static, etc that come with it.

Again thanks, would be great to get this working.  Other than a few network related stalls when I boot, I actually have the system working well except for audio.  This is the final piece!

ioreg-toleda-new.zip

I set the Inejct string to 1 and it looks like it's now set that way in system info.

The attached AppleHDA to the previous post should have been your patched one patched with 888_v100202

I'm ASSUMING that the 888 is what I have because that's what the motherboard specs say, but is there any other way to confirm it? 

Your previous IOReg confirmed 888_v100202.  The 888 AppleHDA does not show in this IOReg; what happened?  Inject=1 is working.  2 if for 3 port audio and 3 is for HD3K/HD4K HDMI audio, not applicable to your system.  For Nvidia HDMI audio, connector-type injection is missing. Reply with an IOReg with the correct AppleHSA.kext installed.  

Toleda,

Thanks, that's weird -- I didn't touch any kexts but only changed the Clover config to boot.  Haven't touched the kexts at all.  Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between 3 port audio and the other?  My output in the back of the PC has 6 mini ports - colored orange blue black green grey pink.  I'm only plugged into the green and black though. Does that help?

I don't care about the HDMI audio for the nvidia card at all, I just want some old school speakers to put out sound via the mini jacks of the onboard sound controller.

Following your instructions, it looks like I have both AppleHDA.kext in my S/L/E folder as well as a copy on the desktop in the audio_ALC888 folder.  Should I maybe attach both kexts so you can compare?  It would be interesting to see...I didn't do anything to inject any kexts into S/L/E unless your Mavericks command script did.  I am trying to remain as pure as possible so future OS upgrades mostly work with just a few minor fixes.  Still I realize AppleHDA probably needs to be in S/L/E.

I am a PC tech so I am pretty savvy with this stuff, I can work through it with you if you would be willing to stick with me.  Though I also realize that ALC888VC may just be impossible to get to work with AppleHDA and if so let me know if I am wasting my time, too.  I will experiment with Voodoo then..I if HAVE to.

Thank you!

Hello toleda

Audio Realtek ALC889 : Result of the patch from Terminal : No such file or directory

Procedure/Guide Used/AppleHDA.kext version : https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC889

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics : Maverick 10.9 - Asus Rampage III Formula - 0903 - I7 980x - GTX 570

You step IoReg, result from Terminal and two photos

Fabio

alc889.zip

Audio Realtek ALC889 : Result of the patch from Terminal : No such file or directory

Move Desktop/audio_ALC889-master file back to Downloads.  Delete Desktop/audio_ALC889.  Double click audio_alc889-90_patch.command from Downloads/audio_ALC889-master.  

• Like 2

Hello toleda,

I am having trouble to get HDMI Audio working.

1. 10.9 Mavericks / Asus Sabertooth Z87 / 1603 / 4770K / Onboard HD4600 HDMI
  2. Installed and booting vanilla OS X 10.9 with Clover 2K-r2352 / AppleHDA 2.5.2
  3. Patched with audio_ALC1150
  4. None, tried installing SSDT as instructed, but then clover was not able to boot.

I have attached my clover config.plist. sys-info screenshot. and IOReg export ( Sabertooth-z87.zip )

1st when I tried to find the layout-id using IOJones & IORegistryExplorer_v2.1 it is showing up as 00 00 00 00 So, I am not sure which Audio ID, I am supposed to use. But, I tried 1 and 2 and both are working. I am getting Audio on different ports. I was using HDAEnabler1.kext earlier, but now I am injecting AudioID 1 with Clover and its working fine too. But I cannot get the HDMI Audio working on my SONY EX520. Motherboard has only an HDMI port.

I tried patching AppleHDA.kext (already patched for ALC1150) and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext using (audio_hdmi_8series-master). But I could not apply the SSDT. I do not have an Extra folder. So I created it and renamed SSDT-1.aml to SSDT.aml and set the Clover flag DropOem. But when I tried to boot, its stuck at the loading screen. 

Its probably not useful, but sleep is not working for me too - I thought I will try and fix it after Audio.

Could you help, please ?

post-944651-0-38271800-1386434602_thumb.png

Sabertooth-z87.zip

config.plist.zip

I cannot get the HDMI Audio working on my SONY EX520. Motherboard has only an HDMI port.

I do not have an Extra folder. So I created it and renamed SSDT-1.aml to SSDT.aml and set the Clover flag DropOem. But when I tried to boot, its stuck at the loading screen. 

Its probably not useful, but sleep is not working for me too - I thought I will try and fix it after Audio.

Wrong thread; Post to Mavericks AppleHDA HDMI Audio - OSx86 10.9 (Mavericks) - InsanelyMac Forum

For 6 port motherboard audio, use Audio ID: 1.

Clover does not use Extra.  Install the SSDT.aml to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.  

Config.plist, make the following changes:

1.  Devices/Audio/Inject: remove

2.  Graphics/Inject/Intel: NO

3.  ACPI/SSDT/DropOem: YES

4.  SMBIOS: suggestion, delete (Clover will assign iMac14,2 and set ACPI/SSDT/Generate xStates: NO)

Reply with the new Config.plist and IOReg.

Your previous IOReg confirmed 888_v100202.  The 888 AppleHDA does not show in this IOReg; what happened?  Inject=1 is working.  2 if for 3 port audio and 3 is for HD3K/HD4K HDMI audio, not applicable to your system.  For Nvidia HDMI audio, connector-type injection is missing. Reply with an IOReg with the correct AppleHSA.kext installed.  

Toleda, Hi...

I've attached my Clover boot config and the AppleHDA from S/L/E which should be your modded ALC888 one (via the 888_v100202 script).  I also attached my IOReg and my Clover boot log.  Can you let me know if anything looks out of place?  I don't use any other enabler kexts, only change to system is your AppleHDA (assuming the script worked which it looks like it did). Much thanks.

Willing to try anything to get sound working for ALC888 and AppleHDA and not use Voodoo which always seemed buggy on my rig.  I might be missing something obvious hence the reason I attached that extra detail.  Still a novice at Clover config.

B.

toleda-bbddpp.zip

Can you let me know if anything looks out of place?  

Yes, IOReg/HDEF/AppleHDAController@1B/IOHDACodecDevice@1B,3/null codec.  BIOS problem that disables AppleHDA.kext; no known fix.  Voodoo may be your only option.

Yes, IOReg/HDEF/AppleHDAController@1B/IOHDACodecDevice@1B,3/null codec.  BIOS problem that disables AppleHDA.kext; no known fix.  Voodoo may be your only option.

Well, that just bites.  I assume if there was a way to make that work by now you'd have figured it out.  I can try seeing if the BIOS has any revisions but I think I'm on the last one, and they're not doing any more.  Bummer.

Are there any cheap usb dongles that work with AppleHDA and your kexts?  I have just found that Voodoo is so choppy though maybe it's gotten better lately.