[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

1.Thank you for this guide. I would of been lost without it.

1.5. If you don't have a working mac or hackintosh this is going to be impossible so stay away if you don't have a mac to open the files. this is not obvious to newbies. I have a hackintosh from 2008 running 10.7.5 that still works LOL- that was my last attempt. I'm using it now actually.

2. For realitve newbie trying to instal OSX on Surface Pro gen 1 don't give up hope!!!! It is possible and you do have to follow the instructions EXACTLY!!!! ( i bought one online for cheap just for this!)

3. If you are having some problems following the instructions it's becasue most people here know more than you and are always making hackintoshes, so things are left out that you might find hard to follow, but trust me the more times you try the better you will understand.

It took me 1 hour the first time I tried to set up the usb......, the last time I tried it took 15 minutes so you see that will get better.

4. look for the latest kexts when possible. I got success with the Surface Pro V0.5.1 which you have to download to find the config file, the dsdt files andthe other stuff you need. I also used the Macspike files becasue the dsdt file was upadated.

5. the first boot after install takes along time so be patient

6.use a usb 3 stick as it will load faster on, but keep in mind that the installation has to wait for certain devices that don't exist yet to be found- so install speedat a certain point  has nothing to do with how fast the usb stick is- go drink some coffee or have a quick nap (einstein did it, so can you!)

7. (for english speaking people) dont get freaked out when you see italian when the osx instal screen comes on, the buttons to install are in the same placesthayare on an english install menu. look at the video on youtube if you don't have mac.

8. You might have to erase the windows partition to be able to format the hd on the surface during install -it is not the problem of the installer or the instructions, its becasue the surface pro doesnt allow full access to the bios. some people had no problem with this but I did- backup your window spartition with a program like acronis disk director

9. if you have problems like "where do i get the config file from or where do I copy the packages file from watch ayoutube video on this subject. macspike does one that helped me figure out that there

10. dont erase the usb if the install doesnt work- there is a appcalled efi mount that you can use to remount that foler and new files to it...., and if you didn't know the efi image comes from the usb instal you just made, now you know!l

that's all for now- and thanks!

• Like 1

Guys do I have to boot from the usb every time to get to mac??? is there a way to boot to mac without the usb (install clover on the hd?)

Microsoft SurfacePro 2OsOsX 10.9.1 Cpu: i5-4300U Gpu: Intel HD4400 Ram: 8 GB 1600mhz Storage: 256 GB SSD

Edited by mmardini13

the answer is written in your post :P

Guys do I have to boot from the usb every time to get to mac??? is there a way to boot to mac without the usb (install clover on the hd ! ?)

Microsoft SurfacePro 2OsOsX 10.9.1 Cpu: i5-4300U Gpu: Intel HD4400 Ram: 8 GB 1600mhz Storage: 256 GB SSD

• 1 month later...

no need to download the grub.cfg, just edit yours as proposed in the guide:

navigate to boot/grub and edit thee grub.cfg adding this lines:

submenu "Android" {
menuentry "Android" --class android --class linux --class os {
linux /android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86 quiet video=1920x1080 dpi=145 i915downclock=1 i915.powersave=1 usbcore.autosuspend=2 SRC=/android/
initrd /android/initrd.img
}
menuentry "Android text output" --class android --class linux --class os {

linux /android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86 video=1920x1080 dpi=145 i915downclock=1 i915.powersave=1 usbcore.autosuspend=2 SRC=/android/
}
menuentry "Android debug mode" --class android --class linux --class os {
linux /android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86 video=1920x1080 dpi=145 i915downclock=1 i915.powersave=1 usbcore.autosuspend=2 SRC=/android/ INSTALL=1 DEBUG=1
}
}

save and exit.

Have Fun!

• 3 weeks later...

First post here in this thread,

Thanks to all on making this ultimate hack a reality. I have most things working cept WiFi of course and the other issue is sleep.

On my surface pro 2 4300u I get the wakeup after 10 seconds. Dmesg says that the SAM is the cause, I understand this is the pen system.

Does a fix for this exist? Do others have this on my same hardware? Should I upgrade the FW on the windows side?

My install went well, strait forward shrunk HD, then an elaborate clover configure to get boot working properly. Using standard kexts included

In sp2 4 pack.

Also, backlight slider only works after sleep attempt. Any way to fix this yet?

Thanks,

Q

I could install mac osx. Now i dual boot mac or windows. Thank you

i am trying to upgrade windows from 8.1 to 10, but upgrade is failure

Can anyone upgrade in enviroment dual boot ?

Windows upgrader is fail not to find partition containing bootlooder of windows…?

Sorry my poor english

• Like 1

please update your signature to follow the thread rules and if you really need help.

btw

Windows 10 update is SAFE for those who correctly followed the dual boot guide, just click and update.

SurfacePro users should use (or automatically recive) the Get Windows X App (GWX) to get the update officially. search the web for more info

Dunno what's your issue!

Surface2Pro. 4300U

In my case the Applebacklightdisplay wasn't automatically recognized in system info when I first looked. I was able to define

It correctly using switchresx, now it shows up with that name under system info under switchresx definition bit under PCI, it is called display

Is this the way it should be showing up? Is this why I can only sleep for 15 sec? What files should I be looking a in order to troublehoot this?

How was this ultimately fixed in SP1 cause the SP2 4200u didn't have any issues, right?

So, I just realized that clover is not touch sensitive. I have to have a keyboard connected to choose the os. Clover says that it can do an auto boot to a default os after 5 seconds, but I can't figure it out. I tried to change the default volume in theconfig file from SurfaceSSD to Windows, Surface, Microsoft, and System, but none of them seem to work. I also tried to go into osx and tell it to reboot into windows without any luck.  Any ideas?

​today i update win8.1 to 10-version and now it just boot up directly in windows without showing me the clover boot menu.

any ideas how to fix this? in history a have yosemite 10.10 also on disc. before i update it works fine.

if i take a look at the efi-folder there isn't something changed, because the bootmgf.efi is still the same, i need help pls.  

Linenoise,

For me it was SYSTEM to get Widows to boot. OS X for my mac install.

Thank you so much! Switching it to SYSTEM in all caps worked.  Now if only I could fix my graphics acceleration issue on the mac side I would be at 100%

</dict>

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x01660004</string>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>

I still don't understand why there are still users that are not using the files provided in the package and or following guide's directions.

(SurfacePro2OSX)   4300U i5 8G ram 512GB HD

Ok,

So I was able to get my instant wake from sleep issue solved by making some easy changes to my clover config.plist

1.  Check to make sure that under USB section, that both AddClockID and Inject are followed by <true/>

2. Add boot args  -gux_defer_usb2 and -gux_no_idle

these should give you sleep with the ability to wake using the button.

Also, in order to see the auto sleep slider, I had to change my system definition to mackbook air 5,2.

I hope that changing this system def wont mess with my powerstates etc? it was originally set to 6,2.

@Linenoise, glad I could help.

My next step is to try and figure out brightness, I'm tempted to use the ACPIBacklight.kext, that rehabman developed, plus patching my dsdt etc. But I'm wondering if that is the right approach or if there is another way? I'm currently only getting the slider to work after a wake from sleep/displaysleep and when it first comes back after reboot I'm getting maximum brightness.

• Like 1

I still don't understand why there are still users that are not using the files provided in the package and or following guide's directions.

I did follow the guide and use you files. I did try a different string of 0x0a006601, so I changed the string to what you recommended, and it's still doing the same thing.

If you followed the guide and used the files package you should already have qe-ci acceleration working

I'm pretty sure that I followed it exactly, and used your file package and the dual screen boot glitch fix from your other guide.

Do you recommend re-installing any of the kexts again? Should I be using anything from the Vietnam package that I think was also listed here?

Thanks

So Jah,

Without reading thru 100 or so pages, you guys did this for the surface pro but didnt have to for surface pro 2 rev1? I'm working with those files for my rev2 pro 2 and I'm guessing none of them have been patched right?

thanks,

Q