Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

THIS IS ONLY FOR 9 SERIES MOTHERBOARDS

Here's a guide for changing SMBios values on the ROM, i used only Hex Fiend, UEFITool and working SMBios values! There's two parts in this guide, extracting from the ROM the SMBios file and opening it with good Hex editor be the first, the second need you to follow FredWst post to complete the work!

1 - You need to open your ROM using UEFITool, finding and Extracting Body of this Module:

attachicon.gifExtract.png

2 - Now you need to save the Body as UEFITool show you "BIN", i've named it with the exact name, because it have an extension in the Volume 3

attachicon.gifSave.png

3 - Now open the extracted BIN file with a good Hex editor and change the Text Encoding like in this screenshot.

Note: because some doesn't worked perfectly, this is why i choose Hex Fiend.

attachicon.gifText Encoding.png

4 - Now use the Find "option" from menu bar and select the first thing that need to be changed

attachicon.gifFind.png

5 - Now enter in replace case the correct infos that you want from your "Exact SMBios on the OzmosisDefaults", they should be the same!

attachicon.gifReplace.png

Now what first thing to put and the upcoming one, follow the post #857 by FredWst

After that, click on save "only" not Save as! And Replace the Original body of the module with the one you just saved.

Hi.

Nice one for z97.

I did same for in time of z77 but forgot what we get with this,i even rebrand memory modules.

U can do it with Thaiphoon Burner.

• Like 1

Hi.

Nice one for z97.

I did same for in time of z77 but forgot what we get with this,i even rebrand memory modules.

U can do it with Thaiphoon Burner.

You always have something new my Man, i'll check it this soft, and see how to tweak with it  ^_^  :thumbsup_anim:

Hello again. I finally received a second drive so i could clone my os disk. When attempting to flash the rom to the bios, it just freezes. I am, at least, able to recover the back up afterwards. Do you have any suggestions. I tried finding an answer to the question, but was unable to after reading literally 100s of pages. Thanks for any further help. I am a legitimate novice and have not messed w my hackintosh for almost 4 years.

Go to the first page, download the XMASS ROM, download the latest Ozmosis High Sierra compatible from this post #3484, add it to the firmware and delete the existing one, make change for the OzmosisDefaults update it's SMBios to the Mac model you want to play using CloverConfigurator. For the graphics card you can buy 1070 or 1080 same things as the WebDriver will do it's job, or go for AMD RX VEGA 64...

Hello again. I finally received a second drive so i could clone my os disk. When attempting to flash the rom to the bios, it just freezes. I am, at least, able to recover the back up afterwards. Do you have any suggestions. I tried finding an answer to the question, but was unable to after reading literally 100s of pages. Thanks for any further help. I am a legitimate novice and have not messed w my hackintosh for almost 4 years.

Hello you mentioned in that post that you have a QUO with i7 4770k, so if you have QUO your CPU would be i7 3770k, just wait, i'll post your ROM file!

Ok lexb, while i'm doing the Firmware, go install the Nvidia Web Driver so when you flash the MoBo and don't reboot or if you prefer i leave the "nvda_drv=0"?

• Like 1

I'm sorry, ammoune78. I made a rookie mistake and forgot to format the USB stick as a FAT drive. I was able to flash the BIOS after doing a proper USB stick formatting and the BIOS now reads as Z77MX.QUO.AOS.H2O.1512242359.

I noticed that after the BIOS update my windows installation, which is on a separate HDD, disappeared from the boot options, though. :/

I didn't have Windows installed thru bootcamp, but as a regular install on a second HDD.

I'm going to attempt to do the AppleOS update in a few hours. I want to look a few more things up first as I don't recall how to update the plist properly.

This is my only system so I have to make sure I don't f*** it up, haha!

Hello you mentioned in that post that you have a QUO with i7 4770k, so if you have QUO your CPU would be i7 3770k, just wait, i'll post your ROM file!

Ok lexb, while i'm doing the Firmware, go install the Nvidia Web Driver so when you flash the MoBo and don't reboot or if you prefer i leave the "nvda_drv=0"?

I don't yet have the video card purchased. My plan is to buy it just as soon as I get the system updated to a compatible version of AppleOS. I have the money set aside right now. I didn't want to buy it, then have issues updating and not be able to utilize it. Thanks again for your willingness to help.

For the last OS you need to update your SMBios as i mentioned earlier, and check for an iMac dump or the one that you would play for on it's DMI to find perfect FirmwareFeatures and FirmwareFeaturesMask convert them to decimal then put them on the plist as Number, so you will pass the installation process if High Sierra! Good hack  ^_^

• Like 1

iMac 13,2

FirmwareFeatures: e001f537 & FirmwareFeaturesMask: e003ff37

Then it will be as

FirmwareFeatures: 37f501e0 & FirmwareFeaturesMask: 37ff03e0

Then convert it to integer

"FirmwareFeatures: 938 803 680 & FirmwareFeaturesMask: 939 459 552" this is what you have to put in the plist as number

Go to clover configurator and generate new serial for your board as iMac 13,2 copy paste the things on your OzmosisDefaults.Plist  :D

• Like 2

Thanks again. Im not sure why I am having so much of an issue, but I am obviously missing something. Ive looked up a bunch of tutorials regarding updating the SMBIOS, but when I open Clover Configurator, it says no config.plist found. I mounted the uefi partition and it does not have any plist file there. Im not able to get any values to load in the SMBIOS portion of the tool. I wish I remembered what I did years ago as I had updated my SMBIOS a few times, and changed my baseboard serial using the serial generator. Im sure you arent looking to hold the hand of a total novice, but any tips on what I seem to be confused on?

You mentioned "use the hack for SMBios copy from generated one" but I don't know which generated one you are referring to. I should probably mention I have never installed Clover before as I never needed to. Nearly everything worked back when I set up the computer using the Hermitlabs BIOS firmware and the audio kext. The only things that didn't work were iMessage, which I didn't care about, and the hardware sensors which, AFAIK needed FakeSMC, and I gave up trying to get them to work.

I really am a novice at this point in the game. Most of the info I learned previously I no longer remember due to not using it for years.

All of the tutorials I've looked at are for when using the clover bootloader, which I was under the impression was not needed for the QUO board. Am I mistaken?

Click on SMBios once you're in look at the big ? in it's right side there's an  (up down) button click on it an choose the Mac you want, click as many as you want on Generate button under serial number section, now just copy the the serials and past them into the proper case in the OzmosisDefaults! You don't have to save the config.plist at all, you'll just use it for Mac serial generating code

My MAN the goal here is to simplify life for others, not to complicate it, if you look at what lexb said, 4 years with no hack, it's more clearer. And yes i like it and TheRacerMaster also :yes:  i forgot excuse  :D , but my Hack will never be an Mac  ^_^ , i juste use working one no more! :D  

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

Thanks for clarifying. I am usually pretty good at figuring things out, but I've become confused a bit on this process. It's probably not helping that I'm reading tutorials that don't really apply very well to my board.
Does it matter if the option I chose doesn't match my processor? I am aware that you need to choose a recent model that is compatible with High Sierra in order for it to install. The closest one I saw was the iMac 13,1 with the i7 3770s. Does the processor serial number need to be updated in the Osmosis defaults fie? I didn't see one listed in the configurator.

post-2326580-1781_thumb.png

post-2326580-0-56330300-1512979011_thumb.png

It was just for example, you can even try Mac Pro just choose the one you need, the most important part is to generate serial that will work, the components also, but even that, when you'll for example go for recovery, yes it can let you download the installer to recover your Hack but it'll ask you for the Apple ID, to complete the step of recovery, instead of real Mac that begin download it immediately! This will happen even if same parts component, for me it's just a hack, i can use my apple id to buy or just download things, i work on it every day, now i'm on 43 Hours without sleep, because of some tests done this morning, and that's all, even if Real Mac no difference except parts and look, Hack maybe more than enough better  :wink_anim:

• Like 1

Okay, thanks. So, I have added those details to the OsmosisDefaults.plist. I attached an image showing what it now looks like. Am I supposed to now place that on the hidden EFI partition on the OZ folder then attempt to update the mac to the High Sierra OS?

Also, I hope you get good sleep. I appreciate your time.

post-2326580-0-84883300-1512979802_thumb.png

it's not ready yet, you just have to look at the example i gives in the post last day:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
		<integer>220332035</integer>
		<key>AtiFramebuffer</key>
		<string>Hamachi</string>
		<key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinCoreStorageTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label ($platform.$major.$minor)</string>
		<key>DisableAtiInjection</key>
		<false/>
		<key>DisableIntelInjection</key>
		<false/>
		<key>DisableNvidaInjection</key>
		<true/>
		<key>DisableVoodooHda</key>
		<true/>
		<key>LinuxDiskOptionTemplate</key>
		<string>initrd=$initfs root=UUID=$uuid ro</string>
		<key>LinuxDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label $build</string>
		<key>LinuxRescueDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label Rescue</string>
		<key>LinuxRescueOptionTemplate</key>
		<key>TimeOut</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>UserInterface</key>
		<true/>

SMBios between them

<key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
	<dict>
		<key>boot-args</key>
		<string></string>
		<key>csr-active-config</key>
		<integer>127</integer>
	</dict>
	<key>Timestamp</key>
	<integer>0</integer>
	<key>Version</key>
	<string>1.0.1</string>

CloverConfigurator\SystemParameters=>Generate NEW:custom UUID

Copy it and paste it over: SMBios\SmUUID

Copy from there Board Serial Number

Now go to RT Variables and paste it over MLB, Now click generate,

you will have new ROM to put on ROM in OzmosisDefaults

Same thing for MLB : BaseBoardSerial

• Like 1

Okay, I went to SystemParameters=>Generate NEW:custom UUID and hit generate.
I went to SMBios and pasted that UUID into the SmUUID field.
I copied the Board Serial Number and went to RT Variables and pasted the Board Serial Number into the MLB field.
I got the ROM number and BaseBoardSerial
I assume BaseBoardSerial = BoardSerialNumber?
I ask because some of the entries that Clover Configurator creates for it’s plist are named differently than on the OzmosisDefaults.plist you provided.
I'm not sure where to put the ROM entry, just create an entry like this?:

<key>ROM</key>
        <data>rC3ClxDQ</data>

Also, am I supposed to paste the Custom UUID (5041F065-AF44-489C-8EF8-71B4F99710D0) anywhere in the OzmosisDefaults.plist?
Lastly, is also the two following entries in the sample OzmosisDefaults.plist you provided that I dont have the data for:

<key>ProductId</key>
        <string>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</string>

<key>HardwareAddress</key>
        <string>xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx</string>

Along with the top section having empty entries like the following: "AAPL,ig-platform-id" and "AtiFrameBuffer" etc…
------
Here is what I have so far:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
		<integer>xxxxxxxx</integer>
		<key>AtiFramebuffer</key>
		<string>xxxxxxxx</string>
		<key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinCoreStorageTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label ($platform.$major.$minor)</string>
		<key>DisableAtiInjection</key>
		<false/>
		<key>DisableIntelInjection</key>
		<false/>
		<key>DisableNvidaInjection</key>
		<true/>
		<key>DisableVoodooHda</key>
		<true/>
		<key>LinuxDiskOptionTemplate</key>
		<key>LinuxDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label $build</string>
		<key>LinuxRescueDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label Rescue</string>
		<key>LinuxRescueOptionTemplate</key>
		<key>TimeOut</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>UserInterface</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BaseBoardAssetTag</key>
		<string>Base Board Asset Tag#</string>
		<key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
		<string>C022104054NDNJKCB</string>
		<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		<string>08/08/2017</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>IM131.88Z.010F.B00.1708080805</string>
		<key>BoardType</key>
		<integer>10</integer>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>iMac-Aluminum</string>
		<key>EnclosureType</key>
		<integer>13</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
		<integer>3759006007</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
		<integer>4280287039</integer>
		<key>FirmwareVendor</key>
		<string>Apple</string>
		<key>HardwareAddress</key>
		<string>xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx</string>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>ProductFamily</key>
		<string>iMac</string>
		<key>ProductId</key>
		<string>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>iMac13,1</string>
		<key>SystemSKU</key>
		<string>System SKU#</string>
		<key>SystemSerial</key>
		<string>C02HD2I6DNCT</string>
		<key>SystemVersion</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
	<dict>
		<key>boot-args</key>
		<string>darkwake=0</string>
		<key>csr-active-config</key>
		<integer>127</integer>
	</dict>
	<key>Timestamp</key>
	<integer>0</integer>
	<key>Version</key>
	<string>1.0.1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks again, of course.

post-2326580-0-20737400-1512987781_thumb.png

post-2326580-0-90602300-1512987789_thumb.png

post-2326580-0-37270600-1512987798_thumb.png

• Like 1

For ATI you have to delete the Framebuffer, disable AtiInjection?True, disable IntelInjection? False, diss-Nvid?True, DisableVoodFalse if you plan to use it, and True if not!

AAPL,ig-patform-id: is for Intel Graphics HD xxxx search for the one  matched with your CPU convert it as decimal and put it there!

You did the JOB

For:

ROM: Yes

Prod: Yes

Hard: Yes

:thumbsup_anim: