[HOW TO] Make Radeon {Desktop or Mobility} be working by using Clover

Slice

431 posts in this topic

Great news buddy,but theres no much info about the 6990 dual gpu on Desktop machine,iv been searching all the forums,iv only found this, topic,1117.msg8157.html about 6990 Dual GPU.Can i ask you the complete process,you used to activate your 7970 to give it a try ? With the basic edits,device id on the kexts,i get stuck on the white screen issue,when the 6000 controller its loaded.

Well, this topik is for mobile cards! You are in wrong place, buddy!

Anyway, you need to insert your ID's into couple of kexts (or maybe use clover FakeID option), choose your frame-buffer personality (maybe googling a little, someone has your card working, no?) AND finally be sure you don't need to patch your connectors! I think this is your problem!

Well, this topik is for mobile cards! You are in wrong place, buddy!

Anyway, you need to insert your ID's into couple of kexts (or maybe use clover FakeID option), choose your frame-buffer personality (maybe googling a little, someone has your card working, no?) AND finally be sure you don't need to patch your connectors! I think this is your problem!

Yeah, "m". As i said,Iv tried the kexts edit,with no success,only need to try to find the write connectors info,1 dvi,and 4 DP.Thanks anyway for your time.

By the way,on Topic Name,it says Desktop or Mobility.

Yeah, "m". As i said,Iv tried the kexts edit,with no success,only need to try to find the write connectors info,1 dvi,and 4 DP.Thanks anyway for your time.

By the way,on Topic Name,it says Desktop or Mobility.

You are right, Desktop or Mobility! Sorry!

Can you save in blind mode your ioreg? I did it with black screen! Wait till desktop load, then hit "i" (I have ioregexplorer on desktop), then hit command+O to open it, then hit command+S to save it somewhere, and then hit Enter! You done! Reboot without amd drivers and check if in saved file amd drivers was loaded, if so, your problem is patching connectors!

Good luck!

You are right, Desktop or Mobility! Sorry!

Can you save in blind mode your ioreg? I did it with black screen! Wait till desktop load, then hit "i" (I have ioregexplorer on desktop), then hit command+O to open it, then hit command+S to save it somewhere, and then hit Enter! You done! Reboot without amd drivers and check if in saved file amd drivers was loaded, if so, your problem is patching connectors!

Good luck!

I can log on remotely to my desktop and save the iroreg with the kexts loaded.Iv tried already,all the frames from 6000 controller,just didn't try to patch any yet.I have a triple monitor setup,HDMI,DVI, and VGA,im trying also,only with one Display connected.Thanks for the ioreg tip,i will try it right away.

I can log on remotely to my desktop and save the iroreg with the kexts loaded.Iv tried already,all the frames from 6000 controller,just didn't try to patch any yet.I have a triple monitor setup,HDMI,DVI, and VGA,im trying also,only with one Display connected.Thanks for the ioreg tip,i will try it right away.

EDIT:I have 2 Partitions,one to boot from if i messed up,just in case.

EDIT:I have 2 Partitions,one to boot from if i messed up,just in case.

Well, if kexts are loaded your problem are connectors! Just follow some tuts! ;)

Is der ny Updated method for AMD Radeon HD 7650M !

Currently using this method:

1.Added ROM(VBios)

2.Connector patch in clover 

3.Display Override file(for EDID issue)

Sometimes i see little glitches so i have to restart again :(

Thanks in advance :)

What did you expect in updating the method?  :huh:

1. Load other VBios

2. Apply other connector patch

3. Other EDID file

As this method is old, so i thought with Clover(3215) n OS X 10.10.3 der might b some better way to get AMD working.

Or maybe this method is no more required.

the reason 4 my curiosity is some performance issue n some glitches !

All i wanted is to load AMD Natively or Normally without ny patches  :) 

Well, if kexts are loaded your problem are connectors! Just follow some tuts! ;)

Well,no luck in blind mode,to extract the ioreg file with the loaded kexts,the keyboard dsnt respond to nothing,but its working..Also impossible to log in remotely,no internet connection.I guess only left me to try the connectors patching.White dual display,with any combination,without the spinning wheel.I can get x3000.kext and AMDsupport.kext to load with no problem,( dual mirror display 1024X1050 With Clover and 1400x1050 with Chameleon ) only when i insert the device id on 6000 controller,ill get sucked.

Ok,got some progress here.After Connetors Patch trick on Gibba,i now have 1920x1080 resolution,  im using the  connectors Patch on Clover at boot.I can also load AMDx3000kext with no problem,AMDSupport already had my dev id ( only Framebuffer and 6000controller not loading,or not loading properly at all ) but with same result,only resolution.When i load the 6000controller,sometimes i get 2 white screens and sometimes 2 white screens with instant reboot. Also found,that theres no “Antilles Family” on the info.plist of the 6000controller, my 6990 Dual GPU its “Antilles” iv checked that.Any info about missing Familys on info.plist of 6000 controller ?What would be the process for this ? Emulate a Family ? Or try to put inside “Cayman” Family ? my 6990 Dual 4 gb its recognized like a 6950,7 vram,but i know my 6990,its actually 2x6850,also “Cayman” Family.Any idea,advice or tip,are welcome,even the small ones.Im uploading my iOReg,Darwin Dumper,DSDT,clean and patched,config.plist and a Screenshot of my "About This Mac" and "System Report" in case you guys maybe can see something that its missing me at all.

Thanks

iHackintosh_PT Files.zip

Ok,got some progress here.After Connetors Patch trick on Gibba,i now have 1920x1080 resolution,  im using the  connectors Patch on Clover at boot.I can also load AMDx3000kext with no problem,AMDSupport already had my dev id ( only Framebuffer and 6000controller not loading,or not loading properly at all ) but with same result,only resolution.When i load the 6000controller,sometimes i get 2 white screens and sometimes 2 white screens with instant reboot. Also found,that theres no “Antilles Family” on the info.plist of the 6000controller, my 6990 Dual GPU its “Antilles” iv checked that.Any info about missing Familys on info.plist of 6000 controller ?What would be the process for this ? Emulate a Family ? Or try to put inside “Cayman” Family ? my 6990 Dual 4 gb its recognized like a 6950,7 vram,but i know my 6990,its actually 2x6850,also “Cayman” Family.Any idea,advice or tip,are welcome,even the small ones.Im uploading my iOReg,Darwin Dumper,DSDT,clean and patched,config.plist and a Screenshot of my "About This Mac" and "System Report" in case you guys maybe can see something that its missing me at all.

Thanks

1. Without boot.log can't say more.

2. FakeID must be 8 digits, corresponding existing card, not your card. It is Fake, not real. For example 0x67391002

3. FBname must not be empty. For example Duckweed

1. Without boot.log can't say more.

2. FakeID must be 8 digits, corresponding existing card, not your card. It is Fake, not real. For example 0x67391002

3. FBname must not be empty. For example Duckweed

Hi Slice,thanks for your time,really.

I can upload the boot.log,algo,yeah,my bad, the fake id...

PS:Clearly,some changes that i make with Clover Configurator,always something missing from what i have marked,ill use Plist Edit just to be sure.

bootlog.log.txt

Well,no luck in blind mode,to extract the ioreg file with the loaded kexts,the keyboard dsnt respond to nothing,but its working..Also impossible to log in remotely,no internet connection.I guess only left me to try the connectors patching.White dual display,with any combination,without the spinning wheel.I can get x3000.kext and AMDsupport.kext to load with no problem,( dual mirror display 1024X1050 With Clover and 1400x1050 with Chameleon ) only when i insert the device id on 6000 controller,ill get sucked.

1. to be sure, insert your ID's in all needed kexts

2. dual mirror display does not mean acceleration, you need all kexts loaded

3. where you specify FB name? I can't see it in your config.plist&DSDT!

4. “Antilles Family” is just a name, forget about it!

5. "i know my 6990,its actually 2x6850"- your 6990 is actually 2x6970, check wiki!

6. flashing may be an option, I see you have switchable bios (wiki)

7. "even when it has Duckweed marked on config.plist"-again, your config.plist does not contain FBname!

1. to be sure, insert your ID's in all needed kexts

2. dual mirror display does not mean acceleration, you need all kexts loaded

3. where you specify FB name? I can't see it in your config.plist&DSDT!

4. “Antilles Family” is just a name, forget about it!

5. "i know my 6990,its actually 2x6850"- your 6990 is actually 2x6970, check wiki!

6. flashing may be an option, I see you have switchable bios (wiki)

7. "even when it has Duckweed marked on config.plist"-again, your config.plist does not contain FBname!

1-Yeah,when i put my id on 6000Controller,Stucked white Screen.

2-I know Dual Display,dsnt mean QE/CI.

3-Well,for some reason,FBName its not there,but thats not the problem,even when its there,don't work properly.

4-Its just a name,for sure,but like always,when you edit the x3000,you look always where your GPU family is,to insert the id,no ?

5-My bad,yes,its like 2x6970.

6-Ill check that,just to be sure if its an option.

7-Same like the Framebuffer.maybe i messed up the files to upload.

I now have 3 Partitions,2 to edit,and one to boot from,just in case.I have 1920x1080,with or without  AMDSupport and AMDX3000 loaded,strange,i guess its the Connectors Patch,on Clover,that its giving me the resolution.

I will now try to recheck my configs,and boot up from a fresh install.Also,i will try to inject my GPU on DSDT.Ill get you updated,thanks for your time. ;)

I don't know why, but I am attempting AGAIN to get OS X running on my HP 8560w laptop LOL...

It has a FirePro M5950 which = 6770m.

So half a year ago I gave up because the situation was as follows:

Using Chameleon, graphics injection works but display is not detected either due to EDID or connector identity failure, resulting in black screen.

Using Clover EFI, display works but graphics injection fails, only 5 mb VRAM and no acceleration.

Now I saw this post which I believe is very close to my situation:

He has a 7570m which is almost the same as a 6630m which is virtually identical to the 6670m (if not the same).

If anyone already knows the right settings PLEASE POST!

If not, I will hope someone can help so this can finally be resolved (or not)

EDIT 1: HOLY BALLS, I try the newest clover EFI together with 10.9.5 using myHack, AND IT WORKS!!! for the first time EVER!

EDIT 2: Off topic, but what do you guys use instead of myHack for Yosemite? For me myHack was always the best by far.

EDIT 3: Spoke too soon. I don't think it works correctly. It shows up good in system info, but the interface is still glitchy/laggy and there is no transparency.

I don't know why, but I am attempting AGAIN to get OS X running on my HP 8560w laptop LOL...

It has a FirePro M5950 which = 6770m.

So half a year ago I gave up because the situation was as follows:

Using Chameleon, graphics injection works but display is not detected either due to EDID or connector identity failure, resulting in black screen.

Using Clover EFI, display works but graphics injection fails, only 5 mb VRAM and no acceleration.

Now I saw this post which I believe is very close to my situation:

He has a 7570m which is almost the same as a 6630m which is virtually identical to the 6670m (if not the same).

If anyone already knows the right settings PLEASE POST!

If not, I will hope someone can help so this can finally be resolved (or not)

EDIT 1: HOLY BALLS, I try the newest clover EFI together with 10.9.5 using myHack, AND IT WORKS!!! for the first time EVER!

EDIT 2: Off topic, but what do you guys use instead of myHack for Yosemite? For me myHack was always the best by far.

Manual creation, of course. You control what you want to do with it

Manual creation, of course. You control what you want to do with it

Well yes of course that would be ideal. But is there a tool out there at all similar to myHack now?

And unfortunately I spoke too soon about my HP. The graphics acceleration is still not working correctly.

There is no transparency and dragging a window causes tearing. Sleep and even resume does work correctly though.

I'm really not sure what I can do now. Or is it still simply a matter of adjusting the frame buffer (in my case Cattail) to fix this?

Would these "ATY Gibba@0  @1  @2   @3   @4" be my 4 Display-Ports and the DVI ?

From mine picture you can see you missed some amd files loading.... Even if you have screens black you MUST have amd kexts loaded! And then....patching connectors!