[HOW TO] Make Radeon {Desktop or Mobility} be working by using Clover

Slice

431 posts in this topic

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 device id 0x6739.

Trying to get the AMD kexts to load on Yosemite.

Been told to try a fakeid, but is this needed with the 0x6739?

Using no Clover Graphics Injection.

So it's again me! I was playing around Clover bootloader. I figured out that if I inject EDID with clover all my system starts working 3x slower( without ~3500, with ~1285). I tried with chameleon bootloader, but problem is that to get LVDS working I have to plug in in my laptop HDMI connector, otherwise it's blackscreen. This only happens on Mavericks and Yosemite, Mountain Lion works fine without HDMI plug. Any ideas?

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 device id 0x6739.

Trying to get the AMD kexts to load on Yosemite.

Been told to try a fakeid, but is this needed with the 0x6739?

Not needed

So it's again me! I was playing around Clover bootloader. I figured out that if I inject EDID with clover all my system starts working 3x slower( without ~3500, with ~1285). I tried with chameleon bootloader, but problem is that to get LVDS working I have to plug in in my laptop HDMI connector, otherwise it's blackscreen. This only happens on Mavericks and Yosemite, Mountain Lion works fine without HDMI plug. Any ideas?

Are you sure Apple's driver must work on HDMI?

Slice the problem is if I don't plug in into my laptop HDMI cable which is connected to TV, on built in screen display won't work, just black screen, same with D-SUB monitor. If I connect HDMI, then image is outputed on built in screen and D-SUB Monitor, HDMI out is still black(but this doesn't interest me). I want only to image be displayed on built in display.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I have Mobility 6370M. Do you have any idea which AMDxxx.kext to edit?

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.1. And my device id is 0x68E4

This is Evergreen family. You should mimic to  0x68E01002

AMD5000Controller

AMDRadeonX3000

I have attempted to construct connector info for Caretta frame buffer for ATI Radeon X1300 Mobility video card I have in my old HP nc6400 laptop. 
Device/vendor id - 0x714A1002. No success. Main issue is that I don't have BIOS image for this card and all my attempts to extract it with 
Clover, GPU-Z, Everest, failed. I have tried radeon_bios_decode and redsock_bios_decoder with a BIOS image from similar card 0x71461002,
but both scripts don't work well with it. Both return much less info then normal and don't provide any values for transmitter, encoder
and sense id. At present I've got badly garbled graphics on laptop's screen. Before I've installed Clover, I've used EVOenabler.kext
and was able to see via VNC connection that both ATI1300Controller and ATIRadeonX1000 kexts were loaded, acceleration seemed to be on,
but laptop's screen was black.

All these experiments made me believe that my problem is incorrect connector information. If anyone can provide a BIOS image for my
card or help me find valid transmitter/encoder/sense id values, I think I should be able to get QE/CI working on my laptop.

If anyone can help, that would be very very much appreciated.

Some details about my current setup
HP nc6400, Intel Core2Duo, 4Gb RAM, ATI Radeon X1300 Mobility with 64Mb video memory
OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks, kext files for X1300 from 10.6.8
Latest Clover 2.3 installed

I've got ATIX1300Contoller.kext from 10.6.8 and ati-personality script is only showing single connector type for each of Caretta and Sphyrna frame
buffers. And it only shows those in i386 mode. No connectors are shown for x86_64 mode. Is that possible ? I guess there is a mismatch between
LVDS index in BIOS and definitions in frame buffer. But I cannot figure out how to fix it. Besides, fact that there is only one connector entry in each
frame buffer only in i386 and none in x86_64, bothers me a lot.

Connector info I'm using at present is

02 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 00 01 01 00

Here are results from my experiments

In x86_64 mode

./ati-personality.pl -s Install/SL-libs-10.6.8/
Script version 0.15
Kext Install/SL-libs-10.6.8//ATI1300Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATI1300Controller
Personality: Caretta
ConnectorInfo count in decimal: 0
Disk offset in decimal 110544
Personality: Sphyrna
ConnectorInfo count in decimal: 0
Disk offset in decimal 110576

In i386 mode

./ati-personality.pl -i386 -s Install/SL-libs-10.6.8/
Script version 0.15
Kext Install/SL-libs-10.6.8//ATI1300Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATI1300Controller
Personality: Caretta
ConnectorInfo count in decimal: 1
Disk offset in decimal 377996
0000000    00  02  00  00  14  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  10  01  02  01
Personality: Sphyrna
ConnectorInfo count in decimal: 1
Disk offset in decimal 378060
0000000    04  00  00  00  14  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  10  10  01  01
./radeon_bios_decode <Install/nc6400/X1300/X1300\ \(M52P\).ROM 
ATOM BIOS Rom: 
SubsystemVendorID: 0x1025 SubsystemID: 0x0094
IOBaseAddress: 0x0000
Filename: BR20835.bin 
BIOS Bootup Message: 
M52P BIOS 400e/325m                                                         

PCI ID: 1002:7149
Connector at index 0 type: VGA
Connector at index 1 type: LVDS
Connector at index 2 type: Composite
Connector at index 3 type: DVI-I
./redsock_bios_decoder <Install/nc6400/X1300/X1300\ \(M52P\).ROM 
BR20835.bin :

M52P BIOS 400e/325m                                                         

Subsystem Vendor ID: 1025
       Subsystem ID: 94
Object Header Structure Size: 43605
Connector Object Table Offset: 0
Router Object Table Offset: 0
Encoder Object Table Offset: 0
Display Path Table Offset: 0
Connector Object Id [0] which is [NONE]

Updated 2015/03/20 - Huge Thank you to all developers of Clover ! After Clover was installed all that I needed to do is to change to

Sphyrna frame buffer. Now QE/CI seem to work, resolution is at maximum and laptop's display is working great. In fact I'm writing this from

my own hackintosh. I'm a very happy man.

Hello everyone, hello Slice,

I used to patch myself kexts for 5970 on Mavericks with chameleon as bootloader (this thread) but since yosemite...

I switched to clover, used the same FBName and did the patching job as I did before, but computer reboots when trying to load the gui. If I don't edit ATIRadeonX3000.kext, I get to dekstop with resolution settings, but of course, no QE/CI.

Connectors data did not change since mountain lion.

I tried with and without Dual Link, Load/Patch VBios, Inject ATI/EDID...

I also tried to patch on the fly with clover, but as there is some "unusual" matching modification to do, I'm not sure if I can patch the whole IOPCIMatch to become IOPCIClassMatch key/value under cypress section for dual gpu issue.

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
<string>0x03000000&0xFFFFFF00</string>

Any hints ?

I also tried to patch on the fly with clover, but as there is some "unusual" matching modification to do, I'm not sure if I can patch the whole IOPCIMatch to become IOPCIClassMatch key/value under cypress section for dual gpu issue.

&amp;lt;key&amp;gt;IOPCIClassMatch&amp;lt;/key&amp;gt;&amp;lt;string&amp;gt;0x03000000&amp;amp;0xFFFFFF00&amp;lt;/string&amp;gt;
Any hints ?
using vanilla kexts

you have two options for AMDRadeonX3000.kext: manually add key IOPCIClassMatch or add a dummy kext to load AMDRadeonX3000

additionally for clover at least these options(maybe more)

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FBName</key>
		<string>Zonalis</string>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>VideoPorts</key>
		<string># of video ports to use from Zonalis</string>
	</dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>ATIConnectorsController</key>
		<string>5000</string>
		<key>ATIConnectorsData</key>
		<string>Zonalis unpatched connectors</string>
		<key>ATIConnectorsPatch</key>
		<string>Zonalis patched connectors</string>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AMD5000Controller 5970</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<string>68991002</string>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AMD5000Controller</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<string>689C1002</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AMDRadeonX3000 5970</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<string>68991002</string>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AMD5000Controller</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<string>689C1002</string>
			</dict>
		</array>

Hello,

I cannot do my mods like that as with ATI 5970 there are two devices with sames device vendor ids. The only way to only match the primary adpater is to use PCIClass ou PCISubsys ids.

Nevertheless this matching issue is ok to me, as I can do it manualy

About patching on the fly, on clover configurator, if you type a string with whites spaces, clover configurator seems wipes them ? why ?

If the string is modified, it won't match for sure.

I did a lot of things to try to make it work under Yosemite, with no luck.

Connectors config is ok, screens data are detected...

If I mod my kexts as I did, it will hang before loading gui. If I disable AMDRadeonX3000, system will boot fine, but without QE/CI.

This mod worked with chameleon under mavericks, I can't test it with, because I can't find a chameleon that runs Yosemite on my system : they hangs after chameleon CPU specs, with a char 'o' that initialy blink with 'O'.

I'm running out of idea...

As a pure beginner to hackingtoshing... Can anyone please tell me in the most straightforward way to get my Radeon R7 260x working with Yosemite 10.10.1? (Understanding as I am that it's far from straightforward...).

I have gleaned this from research:

"Add your Device-ID (0x66401002) into AMD8000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext under <key>AMDBonaireGraphicsAccelerator</key>"

BUT! I don't believe the kexts are loaded, I could be very wrong... but do I need to install the above kexts with Kext Wizard before any editing can be done to them? I apologise for the lack of knowledge, but I've sorted dual boot, audio and ethernet, graphics accerleration is just the last thing to be sorted. I am fearful of tinkering with system files in case I kill the whole thing!

Many thanks,

Tom

As a pure beginner to hackingtoshing... Can anyone please tell me in the most straightforward way to get my Radeon R7 260x working with Yosemite 10.10.1? (Understanding as I am that it's far from straightforward...).

I have gleaned this from research:

"Add your Device-ID (0x66401002) into AMD8000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext under AMDBonaireGraphicsAccelerator"

BUT! I don't believe the kexts are loaded, I could be very wrong... but do I need to install the above kexts with Kext Wizard before any editing can be done to them? I apologise for the lack of knowledge, but I've sorted dual boot, audio and ethernet, graphics accerleration is just the last thing to be sorted. I am fearful of tinkering with system files in case I kill the whole thing!

Many thanks,

Tom

AFAIK 0x66401002 is native for Yosemite. You may skip this step.

Hello slice.

I have a sony vaio vpcea46fg with intel i5 480m.

It has a Ati radeon 5470 mobility card.

I was using mountain lion with full qe and ci by custom EDID by modifying display-717 file.

And was using chameleon and framebuffer was set to Hoolock. This activated my graphics accelaration and was having some glitches. I solved it by setting refresh rate to 50hz.

But now i installed Yosemite. Using chameleon i tried fb hoolock but this was giving a yellow screen, like i was getting on mountain lion when i used Eulemur framebuffer. I tried modifying display-717 as i did on mountain lion but the result was same.

Then installed clover set ati inject yes , fb to hoolock load video bios =yes, inject edid to yes and custom edid. I was getting same yellow screen.

This was using stock jntiuched yosemite kexts. Then i used the kexts in my mountain lion installation.

Set ati inject=true inject edid=true load video bios =true

This time i am getting black screen with a cursor but proper resolution and clarity. And it showed key press updates and track pad updates in hex.

The i set load vbios=false and same fb and other settings. I got display and my dpci manager showed framebuffer as .display_boot. And the card was detected and showing 3mb memory

Sorry for bad typos and long post. I think arthur has a working ati 5470mobility on yosemite but his settings dont seem to work on mine

I think anyone here will assist me on its activation.

You seems do all correct. But it seems FB in Yosemite differs. Try to choose another one or make connector patch.

I have no ready to use advice for you.

You seems do all correct. But it seems FB in Yosemite differs. Try to choose another one or make connector patch.

I have no ready to use advice for you.

Thanks for taking look slice.

Actually before making this post i was going to try the frame buffer patch. But unluckily i couldn't download the required files from this forum, googling for the files with that name for some other download location was also failure.

If you can help me on this by putting all on a single file and uploading somewhere else is appreciated.

I dont know why i cant download from this forum. :(

I hope the frame-buffer patch will help.

Thanks for taking look slice.

Actually before making this post i was going to try the frame buffer patch. But unluckily i couldn't download the required files from this forum, googling for the files with that name for some other download location was also failure.

If you can help me on this by putting all on a single file and uploading somewhere else is appreciated.

I dont know why i cant download from this forum. :(

I hope the frame-buffer patch will help.

Yes, the forum's server lose all attachments.

I upload these files again to the first post of this thread.

Okay i managed to get the files. Thanks.

Here is my bios decoded. Im currently downloading command line tools to run the other script, im following your retelling for clover.

post-1452368-14280398552153_thumb.jpg

I found that my internal LVDS display has no sense id

Personality: Hoolock

ConnectorInfo count in decimal: 3

Disk offset in decimal 166176

0000000 00 04 00 00 04 06 00 00 00 01 00 00 21 03 05 01

0000010 00 04 00 00 04 06 00 00 00 01 00 00 11 02 04 02

0000020 04 00 00 00 14 02 00 00 00 01 00 00 02 04 01 03

Im trying to patch this frame buffer

Slice and that is success thanks brother.

This forum rocks.

I patched the Hoolock frame buffer and now its full qe/ci

As i said in the other post my internal lvds has no sense id. So i just added 00 in place of sense id for that and 0200 in connector type as you said for notebooks.

Rebooted and hurray it worked.

Full qe/ci on yosemite.

This is after patching.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I had a question about my APU graphics. I heard that since I have HD 7310 Graphics, that i could somehow utilize or modify the 7000 series kext to get full working QE/CI on my machine. is that true?

First find out your device id and cross check if the kext contains the same. If not modify the most suiting one to yours.