FileNVRAM 1.1.3 Released

cosmo1t

80 posts in this topic

Hi,

after a week using this module, i think it finally kills the wake up after a long sleep period (several hours).

Short period sleep seem to be OK.

Can't find a clue because i have to power off the PSU at least 5 seconds to reboot back to OS (without this complete shutdown, can't pass the spinning wheel in boot screen).

Without FileNVRAM, no problem.

Hi,

after a week using this module, i think it finally kills the wake up after a long sleep period (several hours).

Short period sleep seem to be OK.

Can't find a clue because i have to power off the PSU at least 5 seconds to reboot back to OS (without this complete shutdown, can't pass the spinning wheel in boot screen).

Without FileNVRAM, no problem.

Please submit a bug report on the website in the first post. Also, please test with older versions of the module to see if this issue existed previously.

@meklort

Hi there.. im using your kernelpatcher module for my IVY running SL and im seeing this message right before the apple logo..

commpage_patch.c[87]: _commpage_stuff_routine patched.

lapic_patch.c[76]: lapic_init panic removed.

bootstrap_patch.c[167]: KLDBootstrap::readBooterExtensions() call injected into KLDBootstrap::readPrelinkedExtensions(void* section_64)

I believe this is the case of having a printf instead of verbose. Is it possible to recompile and replace it?

Thank You

Thank you so much for the file. Facetime works with this as well as messages! No more hassling with clover for me.

I deleted my nvram.plist from extra and now it won't auto generate one when I reboot. The module loads. Just suddenly no nvram.plist. Any ideas?

Fixed by editing nvram in terminal.

i tested last bootloader and FileNVRAM.

as result it's not successed.

still if i command -v -f in chameleon bootloaer, it show command -v -f in next booting.

i use 2189 chameleon, FileNVRAM 1.1.3.

must have command terminal sudo -d nram boot-args?

• 6 months later...

Is it me or all the values are reverting to default when I restart my hack? Using 10.9. I tried to modify ROM, MLB, added extra values, but none of them saved on reboot. It worked before(10.8) nicely.

It's working for me now too, I changed chameleon to the test 2266 build and it started to work again. Maybe the normal 2266 build had a bug... Don't know.

By test build, you mean the one ErmaC made, right?

That could mean that there is a relation between board serial and nvram.

Apparently Apple is now making using more data from the SMBIOS.

The SMBIOS injector in the trunk version of Chameleon needs to be updated ASAP.

I'm having very strange issues with the app store. It duplicated the apps it updated when I reverted from clover to chameleon. :(

Yes, the test version which is created by ErmaC to inject boardserial number. But nvram worked for me before with older chameleon builds, I think the 2266 normal build had some bug which blocked the filenvram module from working properly.

Hello Guys, don't know if that can help, but I still have problems login into iMessage, with the 'Call Apple Support' error messsage...

So, what I tested so far:

-Boot, and try to login to iMessage, receive 'Call Apple Support'
-Change NVRam MLB Value to a 18 digits number instead of a 17 digits number (or the contrary depending on the SMSerial you're using)
-Try to login to iMessage, first attemp NO-GO (seems to wait for some anwser from the server which never comes...)
-Try to login to iMessage, second attemp, Message is telling me I'm connected, I can see all the addresses I can be reached at (also my Phone Number), I can add/delete any address I want, BUT GUESS WHAT? -> I CAN'T SEND A BLOODY MESSAGE!

-Change SystemId key in org.chameleon.boot.plist to a custom made one, as to change the NVRam IOPlatormUUID register to a "non-blacklisted" one (at least that's what I thought)
-Reboot, verifiy changes have been made into NVRam registers
-Try to login to iMessage, receive the bloody 'Call Apple Support' message

BTW: I think iMessage, or ANY other Apple service, cannot be bound by Hardware UUID, because if it was so, I could login for example on any other iMessage working Hackintosh... and THAT'S NOT THE CASE.
There definitely IS something between "AppleID/NVRam MLB register/IOPlatformUUID"...

I setup 3 different Hackintoshes (including mine) for the last month, the two others having a 100% working iMessage (with NVRam 1.1.3 BTW) with a different AppleID than mine, with perfectly set NVRAM registers (all different from each other Hackintosh), and I STILL CAN'T LOGIN WITH MY AppleID! (could be on any other Hackintosh, still the same)

I also tried the flollowing famous "fixes":
-Removing/re-Adding credit Card
-Log out from iMessage on all my other Apple devices, then log back in on those devices, then log back in with the Hack

The ONLY thing I didn't try was to change my password... I don't want to change it wihtout being SURE it REALLY DOES something... (yeah I've 3 other Apple Devices, it's a bit annoying...)

the weird thing is that if I use the iMessage_debug script, which displays some NVRAM content (such as MLB, IOPlatformUUID, IOPowerState, etc...), the RIGHT values are displayed even by using Chameleon 2266 and FileNVRam 1.1.3, meaning that Chameleon DID read the correct NVRam register values at boot time... but you're saying that it's Chameleon that have problem reading FileNVRam content?

Even so, how can I explain the fact I stil cannot login to iMessage from any other hackintosh, which IS NOT running Chameleon 2266 (but a previous version), and which is using FileNVRam 1.1.3?

-Probable Solutions left:

1. Change AppleID Password

2. Use older or newer version than Chameleon 2266 rev which cannot correctly read NVRam registers

3. Use FileNVRam 1.1.2 (for tests purposes)

4. Delete FileNVRam.dylib AND FileNVram file, reboot twice, reinstall FileNVRam 1.1.3 to generate a new fresh&clean NVRam

Edit:

OS X 10.9

Chameleon 2266

FileNVRam 1.1.3

Edit2:

On my MacBook Air, after having upgraded to 10.9, I have seen that the MLB does NOT match the SMserial on its first 11 digits...

Could that be that now it's calculated from various NVRam registers, using some algorithm?

• Like 1

So the inability to update aperture to 3.5 version via AppStore, i mean the error (update not available for this userID...) message is due to fileNVRam? A fix is on the way?

It seems I'm actually a bit wrong in what I'm saying.

My reasoning is invalid. Actually problem lies in boot loader, so problem lies in Chameleon not in FileNVRam.dylib.

What's happening here, is that Chameleon CAN read/write NVRam correctly, BUT fails at populating SMBios (real SMBios Used by MacOS, not SMBios.plist which is read by Chameleon to populate real SMBios fields), which causes the updates via App Store AND iMessge connection error to arise.

When I say "fail", it doesn't fail, it just does not write ALL necessary fields to SMBios to be seamlessly used by AppStore updates and iMessage.

That's what I understood from the Chameleon Topic, and what they're saying about 2267 Beta.

And what also points to that direction, is that Clover does NOT have all the trouble to get your updates properly done and your iMessage to work...

But I just don't like Clover, and would much rather stay on Chameleon ^^

So I'll wait ^^

What I don't understand, is WHY THE HECK can others login into iMessage with my build, and I don't...

There MUST also be some kind of server side validation, which could have been reinforced for some users reaching some iMessage connection attempts number... Don't really know, but how could that be only client sided?

What I mean by "reinforced validation", is that Apple would consider reading others(more) SMBios fields for specific users, and when they don't match a real Mac, the connection is refused.

Just a theory though, nothing rock solid here...

Anyway, let's just wait for the new Chameleon rev! ^^

I had NVRAM value retrieve problems with 2266 & FileNVRAM module too. Try the 2267 test2 chameleon, with that, it's retrieving datas from NVRAM after reboot nicely.

Thank's now it works (2267 test2). Retrives last brightness level.

@cosmo1t

One thing, I boot from a stick where is chameleon, Extra etc. but nvram,,,.plist wants to be saved into Extra on working partition.

Wouldn't be better to save it into boot partition's Extra?

Cosmo and all ancient chameleon dev seems to be disappear from the chameleon scene..