FileNVRAM 1.1.3 Released

cosmo1t

80 posts in this topic

It won't work with Yosemite, that's old news: why people still insist? Unless meklort or cosmo1t say otherwise, FileNVRAM development is stalled. Chameleon based systems won't be supporting iMessage for now. Most important, uni-multi-tools based systems won't do it too: because I really think the growing demand for a Chameleon based solution these past couple of days is because now Voldemort support Yosemite, and since they don't really develop anything, their smarter users end up finding their way here and simply cannot accept their beast-configured machines won't be the Mac clones Voldemort's horcruxes let them think they would.

Hahahaha. It took me a little while to 'get it'. I am one of those users who you could say...' saw the light some few months ago and jumped off the sinking ship.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm having a strange issue with FileNVRAM.dylib.

Chameleon + FileNVRAM compiled from svn. I tried older versions of FileNVRAM but they all do this:

Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 2.10.50 AM.png

No .plist file extension (file name is too long?) several nvram files, always with "DriversPackage" in the filename.

The Platform UUID is constant across reboots so it's not that.

This is on App Store 10.7.5 in 32-bit kernel and drivers mode on a Thinkpad T61, T8100 CPU, Santa Rosa platform.

/EDIT

Works now with latest Chameleon 2.3 svn.

OK so now I have "nvram.f0c3e200-f053-ff00-f053-ff00f054ff00.plist" but doesn't that look wrong?

The module is loading, I can sudo nvram MyVar=blabla and read it back with nvram -p. But after a reboot MyVar is gone and boot args too.

There is no Platform UUID variable in nvram.plist.

The IOPowerManagement variable reads .

Hardware UUID in System Profiler is consistent across reboots and looks like a real UUID as far as I can tell.

system-id in ioreg IODeviceTree/efi/platform as well.

I tried setting SMsystemuuid in smbios.plist with a uuidgen generated UUID but it didn't help.

Chameleon + FileNVRam.dylib from latest Chameleon svn on a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 running 32-bit kernel 10.7.5.

I think something is missing that FileNVRAM needs in order to work properly...what can I do about this, any suggestions or ideas?

• 2 weeks later...