[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

My laptop is Aser Acpire 5740 i5 Intel HD First gen 8086:0046 rev 12 installed yosemite install natit.kext, (Alternate AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext LW1) booted and grey screen appeared after booting but i can view the screen in vnc

Tried all with Normal stuck at verbose screen and system hang , with alternate 2 shows verbose screen but vnc working full gui adding my dsdt .aml file generated from linux

Is complied dsdt available pls post

Hey GhostRaider, would you mind taking a look at my Yosemite FB and let me know what will work for El Cap?  I have tried ALL the frame buffers in your file, and none of them work for me, this is the file that works properly for my Yosemite install.  

It's just not firing up the graphics, looks like the system itself is running just fine, no errors, just ends at a stalled console in El Capitan.  It just never flips on the GUI from there and sits.

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.zip

Hey GhostRaider, would you mind taking a look at my Yosemite FB and let me know what will work for El Cap?  I have tried ALL the frame buffers in your file, and none of them work for me, this is the file that works properly for my Yosemite install.  

It's just not firing up the graphics, looks like the system itself is running just fine, no errors, just ends at a stalled console in El Capitan.  It just never flips on the GUI from there and sits.

I'd say your problem is not the FB, does it work without any FB at all? if it does not then is not a FB problem,

just reboot in single

mount ,fsck

and

rm  -r System/Library/Extentions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

touch System/Library/Extentions

reboot

and it must work period, from there just try the new FB's for el cap

The framebuffer that matches this in El Capitan is SingleLink Normal LW1. It should work just fine so you might be suffering from another issue.

My laptop is Aser Acpire 5740 i5 Intel HD First gen 8086:0046 rev 12 installed yosemite install natit.kext, (Alternate AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext LW1) booted and grey screen appeared after booting but i can view the screen in vnc

Tried all with Normal stuck at verbose screen and system hang , with alternate 2 shows verbose screen but vnc working full gui adding my dsdt .aml file generated from linux

Same response to you. This computer is compatible so something is wrong with your installation. Though I do not understand why you chose not to patch your DSDT so that you eliminate Natit.kext forever. 

Hi, I got a problem with my ThinkPad L412 (i5-520M) and El Capitan. I installed SingleLink Normal LW1, but forgot to disable Inject Intel. It booted successfully but the image was disorted and B/W, but I could barely see the stuff on the left side. (http://i.imgur.com/1QVOznj.jpg) I logged in and it showed the correct screen resolution and GPU memory.

Then I tried LW2, but ended up with whole screen flashing rainbow colors. So I installed LW1 again.

But this time, I disabled Inject Intel, but now, I end up with the debug information by -v, the graphical desktop (or whatever it's called on OSX) does not start. When I enable inject Intel again, it starts working disorted again.

So, what is my issue? I've selected MacBookPro3,1 to have working USB ports, thats the only thing I have changed. Do I need even higher LW, or shall I try the alternate framebuffer?

Hi, I got a problem with my ThinkPad L412 (i5-520M) and El Capitan. I installed SingleLink Normal LW1, but forgot to disable Inject Intel. It booted successfully but the image was disorted and B/W, but I could barely see the stuff on the left side. (http://i.imgur.com/1QVOznj.jpg) I logged in and it showed the correct screen resolution and GPU memory.

Then I tried LW2, but ended up with whole screen flashing rainbow colors. So I installed LW1 again.

But this time, I disabled Inject Intel, but now, I end up with the debug information by -v, the graphical desktop (or whatever it's called on OSX) does not start. When I enable inject Intel again, it starts working disorted again.

So, what is my issue? I've selected MacBookPro3,1 to have working USB ports, thats the only thing I have changed. Do I need even higher LW, or shall I try the alternate framebuffer?

I don't recommend injecting Intel. I'm not sure why you chose MacBookPro3,1 since that model does not use 1st gen Intel HD graphics. You have to fix your USBs somehow manually. You may need to use alternate frame buffer. You may need to inject os-info via dsdt. If you had Yosemite working before, then you would know what frame buffer to use. So there are still plenty of things to try in your case.

I don't recommend injecting Intel. I'm not sure why you chose MacBookPro3,1 since that model does not use 1st gen Intel HD graphics. You have to fix your USBs somehow manually. You may need to use alternate frame buffer. You may need to inject os-info via dsdt. If you had Yosemite working before, then you would know what frame buffer to use. So there are still plenty of things to try in your case.

I had to use it to get the installer working and now to have working keyboard & mouse. I'll try those things tomorrow.

I had to use it to get the installer working and now to have working keyboard & mouse. I'll try those things tomorrow.

No, you don't NEED macbook3.1 to get the installer running, u need to fix your usb only,  it needs to be EH0X with X={1,2,3,4, etc}  patch your DSDT  and you don't need to change to macbook3,1 i also had that problem, if needed also use fix usb but the product needs to be macbookpro6,1 or 6,2  as far as i know for osx to use the appleintelhdgraphicsfb kext.

The framebuffer that matches this in El Capitan is SingleLink Normal LW1. It should work just fine so you might be suffering from another issue.

Same response to you. This computer is compatible so something is wrong with your installation. Though I do not understand why you chose not to patch your DSDT so that you eliminate Natit.kext forever. 

You were right.  It's the (supposedly properly patched) DSDT I have.  I eliminated and it boots to desktop just fine without the FB without QE/CI.  However still no luck with normal LW1 patched frame buffer.  I'll keep trying the LW1 versions and see if I luck out.  At least I get to a workable system though.

You were right.  It's the (supposedly properly patched) DSDT I have.  I eliminated and it boots to desktop just fine without the FB without QE/CI.  However still no luck with normal LW1 patched frame buffer.  I'll keep trying the LW1 versions and see if I luck out.  At least I get to a workable system though.

I'm not sure what else to tell you. The frame buffer is patched correctly, I'm not sure what's going on with your computer. I guess as a last resort you could technically use the yosemite frame buffer on El Capitan and see if that does anything.

I'm not sure what else to tell you. The frame buffer is patched correctly, I'm not sure what's going on with your computer. I guess as a last resort you could technically use the yosemite frame buffer on El Capitan and see if that does anything.

I know...  I believe you 100%.  As for the other FB from Yosemite, I tried that one also, but it ends up with a scrambled screen,  this is so weird.  I need to use Natit until DSDT is patched though, right?  Last time it took me a while to get it all working but eventually it did.  Might I need to force the resolution or inject Intel in the clover settings?

My laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCS110GB i3-330M with Intel HD First gen 8086:0046 256mb, installed El Capitan using clover.

When trying to patch kexts on the fly or even replacing kexts files with patched ones (tried all framebuffers) I always got grey screen after booting, but I can access laptop via VNC. It seems that the output is being sent to VGA but I don`t have a external monitor to confirm that.

Using Inject Intel and PatchVBIOS options in Clover Configurator and also using EDID obtained in windows I can get a nice display resolution, but yet without acceleration and with a lots of flickering.

Please can you help me to obtain QE/CI working on my laptop?

files.zip

My laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCS110GB i3-330M with Intel HD First gen 8086:0046 256mb, installed El Capitan using clover.

When trying to patch kexts on the fly or even replacing kexts files with patched ones (tried all framebuffers) I always got grey screen after booting, but I can access laptop via VNC. It seems that the output is being sent to VGA but I don`t have a external monitor to confirm that.

Using Inject Intel and PatchVBIOS options in Clover Configurator and also using EDID obtained in windows I can get a nice display resolution, but yet without acceleration and with a lots of flickering.

Please can you help me to obtain QE/CI working on my laptop?

What if you don't inject Intel and only Patch VBIOS?

Thanks for replying

When I don't inject intel, kexts with FB are be loaded and I get the grey screen.

Connecting to the laptop from another computer via VNC I can see that the kexts were loaded and QE/CI is enabled.

It's resolution is not compatible with the display. It is set to 1280x1024 but display supports maximum 1366x768.

Thanks for replying

When I don't inject intel, kexts with FB are be loaded and I get the grey screen.

Connecting to the laptop from another computer via VNC I can see that the kexts were loaded and QE/CI is enabled.

It's resolution is not compatible with the display. It is set to 1280x1024 but display supports maximum 1366x768.

So QE/CI is working but you can't see it on your lcd display? Go to about this mac in VNC, does it detect the LCD display model of your laptop? And by grey screen do you mean there is no apple logo or a spinning wheel? And injecting your EDID doesn't do anything?

So QE/CI is working but you can't see it on your lcd display? Go to about this mac in VNC, does it detect the LCD display model of your laptop? And by grey screen do you mean there is no apple logo or a spinning wheel? And injecting your EDID doesn't do anything?

i also have the same probleme with premprakash, gray screen with all kexts , my laptop sony vaio 71311m 

I'm wondering if the displays on these Sony laptops are custom. It detects it fine but I'm not sure if these displays are actually using an eDP connector. This this the same problem that eDP users experience. A gray screen.

i get this on intel reg dumper from ubuntu

PCH_LVDS: 0x80300302 (enabled, pipe A, 18 bit, 1 channel)

Although it does say that LVDS is enabled, I don't think sony laptops have ever worked. Nobody has ever reported here that it works. I believe it has the same problem as Samsung laptops. If the framebuffers don't work, then qeci cannot be obtained using the LCD display. By changing the OS-info in the DSDT, you probably can use it using an external display.

• 2 weeks later...

You may need power management=0 in gfx plist and ensure cache is properly re-built,if you use natit ensure the os info entry is correct however dsdt patch is best.You find that improper installation of kext tend to retain old values thus rendering the new values ineffective

I've tried this a lot of times already.

I tried installing Mavericks or Mountain Lion my 2010 Sony VAIO VPCEB3AFM (my old laptop)

When I install the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext It keeps giving me a grey screen every time

I tried several frame buffers Normal, Unmodified, Alternate and Alternate 2 but it just keeps doing it also one of them via -v freezes at GPUduct.

Can some help me out. Because this framebuffer kext thing is driving me nuts and I wanted Hackintosh again on my old laptop. It's been a while since I had OS X Lion back 3 years ago

Specs:

Intel Pentium P6100 Arrandale Dual-Core 2 GHz

3 GB RAM | 320 GB HDD
Intel HD Graphics (1st Generation) Arrandale

Hi,

I have a Gateway NV5911h (I5-430M, 8GB), currently running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. Can't enable QE/CI for my screen, but the resolution is right (1366x768). Here is the value of the Intel Reg Dumper : PCH_LVDS: 0x80300302 (enabled, pipe A, 18 bit, 1 channel). Does anybody knows a workaround for this problem ?

Thanks!