[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Hello.

Few days ago l tried to install el captain. First part of installation was perfect, but after reboot before registration my laptop stuck on white apple with a 100 % loading bar. I wait for about twenty or twenty five minutes. Nothing happened. I have to wait more time or there is a mistake?

When I try to install el captain with my dsdt with igpu section after white apple and 100 % loading bar before registration I have a white screen.

Still using Yosemite.

Hello.

Few days ago l tried to install el captain. First part of installation was perfect, but after reboot before registration my laptop stuck on white apple with a 100 % loading bar. I wait for about twenty or twenty five minutes. Nothing happened. I have to wait more time or there is a mistake?

When I try to install el captain with my dsdt with igpu section after white apple and 100 % loading bar before registration I have a white screen.

Still using Yosemite.

Why not boot in verbose mode to see if there is an error?

Hi all,

Trying to install Yosemite

I followed all the steps... and I get stucked at Apple logo... after a while it reboots... any ideas?
tried already -v -f option GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No PCRootUDI=1 nothing seems to change anything.

I can't see the verbose mode it also reboots before showing anything...

Clover v2.3k r3275 special edition
T410
4GB Ram
core-i5 520M 2.4Ghz
intel hd
Hdd toshiba MQ01abd050v

I'm probably missing something...

Thanks in advance

I have been battling this for several days now.  I found the solution (for myself anyway) inject FakeID in clover.  Change it from 0x00000000 to 0x01660003 or 0x2d100002.  I still have natit installed (I'm scared to uninstall it yet because I am having DSDT compile problems). Using the kexts from the guide and Normal patched framebuffer along with natit, FakeID 0x01660003, and no check on inject intel, I have full QE/CI. Next task is USB.  Hope this helps someone.

My Laptop:

HP Pavillion DV6-2150us

Intel Core i3-330M

4GB Ram

Intel HD Graphics (8086:4046) Arrandale

HD Audio Device (8086:2804)

Broadcom WiFi (14E4:4357)

Hi all,

Trying to install Yosemite

I followed all the steps... and I get stucked at Apple logo... after a while it reboots... any ideas?

tried already -v -f option GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No PCRootUDI=1 nothing seems to change anything.

I can't see the verbose mode it also reboots before showing anything...

Clover v2.3k r3275 special edition

T410

4GB Ram

core-i5 520M 2.4Ghz

intel hd

Hdd toshiba MQ01abd050v

I'm probably missing something...

Thanks in advance

well just to update I set the BIOS DEP enabled and it is not rebooting anymore...

now it is blocked on the blank installation screen... but, one problem each time right?

Im trying to install Yosemite with clover im my laptop Acer 1830T-6478
My specs:

Intel I3 380UM Arrandale
Intel HD Graphics
3Gb

The laptop restart after the message "Root Device UUID is XXXXXXXXX " and does not start the installation. I read the guide (http://www.insanelym...-graphics-qeci/) but there is no reference to the boot flags to be used for my case. Can someone help me? Tks   

I just want to say that this guide was only meant to help you in enabling graphics acceleration on OS X. How to install OS X is up to you to find out. I can't cover that because each computer is different. There's plenty of guides out there on how to do it, many are easy to understand, but one thing that you must do, and people keep forgetting this is that the Intel HD Graphics kexts inside the USB installer must be removed. No excuses. If you leave them there, your computer won't boot.

Second, always have Windows installed on an external hard drive or partition so that you can run an OS X virtual machine. If you need to edit the USB installer or Clover, then you will be able to do this easily.

Third, always boot in verbose mode. In verbose mode you'll be able to see where the installer freezes. After you have a working OS X installation, it is not necessary to boot in verbose anymore. 

Fourth, in verbose mode make sure that you see the message "DSMOS has arrived." If you don't see that then it will not boot. Make sure you have FakeSMC in the clover folder installed correctly.

Fifth, if you are installing El Captian, you may encounter the prohibited error, which means that your USBs are not recognized by OS X. Changing the SMBIOS to emulate another MacBook may help.

As for boot flags, im not sure. When I installed OS X on my old gateway laptop, I never needed to add any boot flags other than booting in verbose mode. You may have to research on that. 

These are the kexts i used for my Fujitsu AH530 with OS X 10.9. Is there a way that i can make either the vga or the hdmi port works? I tried to patch the frame buffer but i'm getting an error.

Are you using the Intel HD Graphics patcher? You'll need to check the LVDS and VGA check boxes. Then you will need to edit/add the OS-INFO in your DSDT to force the display to the VGA. You cannot have Laptop display and VGA display working at the same time. Its either one or the other. HDMI is not supported.

• Like 2

I tried all 16 framebuffers and I get realy inconsistand results.
Where with yosemite everything worked with El Capitan some of them give me a striped screen but with most of them booting hangs on Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport.
In yosemite I used Alt2 but if I look at the info.plist files Alt2 in yosemite had only 2 things set to 0 and Alt2 for 10.11 has eveything on 0.
And booting Norm LW1 gives me sometimes a striped screen and sometimes it's stuck on Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport.

Also, creating my own FB with the dump from Intel_reg_dumper doen't seem to change anything.

I  have no idea's left at this point

Laptop Toshiba Satellite C650-107
Intel 330M
4gb RAM
Yosemite 10.10.1 (chameleon) fully working.
Now trying to get El Capitan ( Clover ) to work

you have to use the very same fb you used in yosemite. just update the version. if it is normal, you can either patch with giofridas tool, or use kexts to patch on clover. if it is normal that you use, check a config. plist i posted few pages ago, and copy paste what i did. fully working dual boot yosemite and el capitan. ;)

• Like 1

I tried all 16 framebuffers and I get realy inconsistand results.

Where with yosemite everything worked with El Capitan some of them give me a striped screen but with most of them booting hangs on Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport.

In yosemite I used Alt2 but if I look at the info.plist files Alt2 in yosemite had only 2 things set to 0 and Alt2 for 10.11 has eveything on 0.

And booting Norm LW1 gives me sometimes a striped screen and sometimes it's stuck on Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport.

Also, creating my own FB with the dump from Intel_reg_dumper doen't seem to change anything.

I  have no idea's left at this point

Laptop Toshiba Satellite C650-107

Intel 330M

4gb RAM

Yosemite 10.10.1 (chameleon) fully working.

Now trying to get El Capitan ( Clover ) to work

Upload that framebuffer you use in Yosemite. I'll see which features are set. And well now you're using Clover not Chameleon. That could also be causing the problem.

This is the Framebuffer I use in Yosemite with chameleon.

Your using the Alternate 2 framebuffer in Yosemite. On El Capitan its known as Alternate 3. Though I do see a difference. The version I include in the El Capitan pack has all the features set to 0 while yours has most of it enabled. I doubt that makes any difference but here try this one for El Capitan.

Also in Clover make sure patch vBIOS is enabled in the graphics section. Everything else should be unchecked. Now I have seen other users enable inject intel and also fill in the ig-platform-id but I'm not too sure about doing that. That only affects newer generations of Intel HD.

ELCAPFBALT3SP.zip

Your using the Alternate 2 framebuffer in Yosemite. On El Capitan its known as Alternate 3. Though I do see a difference. The version I include in the El Capitan pack has all the features set to 0 while yours has most of it enabled. I doubt that makes any difference but here try this one for El Capitan.

Also in Clover make sure patch vBIOS is enabled in the graphics section. Everything else should be unchecked. Now I have seen other users enable inject intel and also fill in the ig-platform-id but I'm not too sure about doing that. That only affects newer generations of Intel HD.

Thanks but unfortunatly booting is still stuck at "missing bluetooth controller transport" with that file, with and without inject intel.

patch vBIOS is checked. nothing else, using mendietinha 's config.plist did'n make a diference eigther...

Without Inject intel non of the LW's boot, If i do inject intel:

Norm LW1: Boots striped screen

Norm LW2: Doesn't Boot

Nrom LW3: Boots striped screen

Norm LW4: Doesn't Boot

Alt LW1: Doesn't Boot

Alr2 LW1: Doesn't Boot

Alt3 LW1: Boots striped screen

Alt3 LW2: Boots striped screen

Alt3 LW3: Doesn't Boot

Alt3 LW4: Boots weird screen

Thanks but unfortunatly booting is still stuck at "missing bluetooth controller transport" with that file, with and without inject intel.

patch vBIOS is checked. nothing else, using mendietinha 's config.plist did'n make a diference eigther...

Without Inject intel non of the LW's boot, If i do inject intel:

Norm LW1: Boots striped screen

Norm LW2: Doesn't Boot

Nrom LW3: Boots striped screen

Norm LW4: Doesn't Boot

Alt LW1: Doesn't Boot

Alr2 LW1: Doesn't Boot

Alt3 LW1: Boots striped screen

Alt3 LW2: Boots striped screen

Alt3 LW3: Doesn't Boot

Alt3 LW4: Boots weird screen

Your computer is weird. Did you try installing the Yosemite framebuffer on El Capitan?

• Like 1

Your computer is weird. Did you try installing the Yosemite framebuffer on El Capitan?

haha indeed... I did try that before and it did not boot. I'm going to try a fresh install to see if that makes any diference. I'll try using chameleon as well.

Could there maby be something wrong with my kext install methode? ( booting in safe mode and replacing the fb with kext wizzard and than rebuildig permissions should work right? )

Also if it doesn't boot it also doesn't boot in safe nide and the only way is booting from my USB in safe mode and than replacing the FB with a new one.

Anyway thanks so far, I'll post here if I find a solution, yosemite worked so I won't give up ;)

one thing: did you try use natit.kext with it?

because, at least in my case, it was necessary. later of course i did inject the needed proprieties in the dsdt.

NATIT + OLD YOSEMITE KEXT WORKED !!!!!

Thank you so much for all your help guys!

but after the second shutdown it doesn't boot anymore... I did not change anything... this is interesting

NATIT + OLD YOSEMITE KEXT WORKED !!!!!

Thank you so much for all your help guys!

but after the second shutdown it doesn't boot anymore... I did not change anything... this is interesting

check with el capitan kexts, mate. because things change from yose to capitan.

sometimes trial and error is key. good luck!

new clean install and installed the right kexts intermediately, completely working now. 

Strangely without patch vBIOS turned  on...

Not necessary as the vBIOS patches the resolution of Clover and OS X during startup. When a framebuffer loads, then it takes over the available screen resolutions.

And your problem all this time was that OS-Info does not inject properly on your computer, which is why you needed natit. Can be fixed via DSDT.

• Like 1