[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a Gateway NV5911h (I5-430M, 8GB), currently running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. Can't enable QE/CI for my screen, but the resolution is right (1366x768). Here is the value of the Intel Reg Dumper : PCH_LVDS: 0x80300302 (enabled, pipe A, 18 bit, 1 channel). Does anybody knows a workaround for this problem ?

Thanks!

tried with natit?

Thanks MoOrRe and mendietinha for the reply,

MoOrRe, i will try again with all differents variants, but do you think the PCH_LVDS value who's not the same as the one in the tutorial can be the cause of QE/CI not working ?

mendietinha, i tried with the Natit kext, with no result.

mendietinha, i tried with the Natit kext, with no result.

I think you have to try not natit, but DSDT injection. Times ago I tried natit w/o succsess. Inject this code under the device _ADR 0x00020000: Device (IGPU) { Name (_ADR, 0x00020000) }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03                                             /* . */
                        })
                    }

Return (Package (0x0E)
                    {
                        "AAPL,aux-power-connected", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                           /* .... */
                        }, 

"AAPL,backlight-control", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                        }, 

"AAPL,gray-page", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                        }, 

"AAPL,os-info", 
                        Buffer (0x14)
                        {
                            /* 0000 */  0x30, 0x49, 0x01, 0x11, 0x01, 0x10, 0x08, 0x00,  /* 0I...... */
                            /* 0008 */  0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,  /* ........ */
                            /* 0010 */  0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF                           /* .... */
                        }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }, 

"model", 
                        Buffer (0x12)
                        {
                            "Intel HD Graphics"
                        }, 

"VRAM,totalsize", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x12                           /* .... */
                        }
                    })
                }

I've tried this a lot of times already.

I tried installing Mavericks or Mountain Lion my 2010 Sony VAIO VPCEB3AFM (my old laptop)

When I install the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext It keeps giving me a grey screen every time

I tried several frame buffers Normal, Unmodified, Alternate and Alternate 2 but it just keeps doing it also one of them via -v freezes at GPUduct.

Can some help me out. Because this framebuffer kext thing is driving me nuts and I wanted Hackintosh again on my old laptop. It's been a while since I had OS X Lion back 3 years ago

Specs:

Intel Pentium P6100 Arrandale Dual-Core 2 GHz

3 GB RAM | 320 GB HDD

Intel HD Graphics (1st Generation) Arrandale

I'm afraid Sony laptops are not supported to enable QE/CI. No Sony laptop has ever had success which means that these laptops use eDP but somehow claim that LVDS is enabled. However the framebuffer does not know how to handle eDP signals correctly, which is why you never get a picture. Apple never supported eDP signals on the framebuffer.

Thanks for the info MoOrRe, but it's a bit unclear for me. Should i just do the DSDT injection, or DSDT injection and kext installation?

What problem do you have? 

All you need to do is just get the qe/ci kexts for 10.10.5. Because you're using Gateway laptop, use the SingleLink Alternate LW1 framebuffer. install this framebuffer along with the other 4 kexts using kext utility. 

What I'm not sure is if you need to do DSDT injection. Some computers don't need it. You can tell if you need DSDT injection is if in the boot screen the progress bar never finishes loading. 

If it does finish loading, then you are set. If it doesn't load then you must boot in safe mode, and install the natit kext temporarily. Reboot to normal mode and if you see the desktop, then it means you need to be using natit, or what is a preferred solution, DSDT inject.

• Like 1

It works, but cannot validate if it's a 100% valid installation, because i've replaced the DVD on my laptop by a second hard drive, so i cannot verify with the DVD player app. But visually, no more mouse lag, fast boot and restart, can watch a video on YouTube. For your info, i had to install the Natit kext and the Single Link Normal LW1 kext. My laptop is a Gateway NV5911h running OS X 10.10.5

Thanks to those who helped me !!!

It works, but cannot validate if it's a 100% valid installation, because i've replaced the DVD on my laptop by a second hard drive, so i cannot verify with the DVD player app. But visually, no more mouse lag, fast boot and restart, can watch a video on YouTube. For your info, i had to install the Natit kext and the Single Link Normal LW1 kext. My laptop is a Gateway NV5911h running OS X 10.10.5

Thanks to those who helped me !!!

288mb vram? all resolutions? chess working? if so, you are golden.

Hey GhostRaider, your guide on the Intel Graphics HD Patcher worked a treat, since my laptop is DualLink I had to patch it through the app and the resolution is now working. My ID is 0x0046 and my Vendor ID is 0x8086. Even though the IntelHDGraphicsFB.kext works fine to bring my resolution up, the files in your downloadable package cause my system to hang when trying to boot. Usually it seems to hang somewhere along the lines of AppleLPC::notifyPlatformASPM or something to that effect. I can, however, boot to safe mode and delete the kexts/rebuild cache. My specific build is an Acer Aspire 7741z (Pentium).

Apologies if a similar question has been asked in this thread, It'd be hard to read through all 71 pages. If anyone has any tips for heading in the right direction, please let me know! As is, I have 1600x900 resolution but my graphics bug out from time to time, white lines appear at login and most graphic elements stutter.

I have already tested LW2-4; 3 and 4 are seizure levels of awful, and I don't believe either Alternate option worked.

Looking forward to your replies!

if your boot hangs and the message dsmos has arrived, then it is graphics. so, by reading the guide, you will see that you must check if it will work full qe/ci or just partially. if it is only partially, then none of the qe/ci kexts/patches will work.

if your boot hangs and the message dsmos has arrived, then it is graphics. so, by reading the guide, you will see that you must check if it will work full qe/ci or just partially. if it is only partially, then none of the qe/ci kexts/patches will work.

It should work just fine with full qe/ci support, as my screen is LVDS. I think it's just a matter of finding some small detail that I may have missed. I've looked over the guide once more and found the section on power management, I was previously using NullCPU but removed it in place of a patched chameleon plist. Not sure that'll fix the issue, however. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: I've included a screenshot with some information on my setup. This is still without the IntelHDGraphics kexts installed, except for the FB kext.

uELhFUS.png

EDIT 2: I found that I could search through JUST THIS TOPIC via the search bar in the top right. So helpful; I searched Acer Aspire and filtered out all the junk that didn't pertain to me. By reading others' experiences, I learned that it was actually the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext that was the issue! The kext worked in providing proper resolution, but failed to support the actual kext for QE/CI! I tried Alternate 1 and my resolution was still good, so I tried installing the bundled kext and plugins... It worked! I'm so grateful for this guide and for Giofrida's Intel HD Graphics Patcher. For those having trouble, a few tips: Just because you patched your FB kext and your resolution works, it doesn't mean much if these kexts don't work for you! If you fail to boot, go into single user mode and delete the new kext and plugins. Boot and delete the FB kext and try an Alternate patch, reapply the FB kext and GhostRaider's kext and plugins and try again. If LW1 works for you, don't worry about LW2-4 until after you've tried Alternate and Alternate 2. And remember, if you're not LVDS, save yourself the frustration; it won't work for you! Big thanks to GhostRaider and all who contributed. Another success story!

WMSew04.png

I'm afraid Sony laptops are not supported to enable QE/CI. No Sony laptop has ever had success which means that these laptops use eDP but somehow claim that LVDS is enabled. However the framebuffer does not know how to handle eDP signals correctly, which is why you never get a picture. Apple never supported eDP signals on the framebuffer.

Yeah that's the problem I'm having. If I try to remove the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext then the screen goes distorted upon boot up. What should I do? Because I've tried installing it the FrameBuffers though but none works. Do I Need a DSDT? How I can use my laptop with Hackintosh without QE/CI and Full Res?

Hi,

Thank You for this tutorial, I had success installing Mavericks 10.9.4 on my ThinkPad T410. The graphic is perfect. Now I'm working without a DSDT and I'm able to startup with the LW1 Normal FB.

I'm trying to update to Yosemite or El Capitan but I can't reach the installation screen even if I remove AppleIntelHD*. I've also tried to replace kexts with the one from the 10.1x.xx package using the same Fb used in Mavericks. I've also tried natit, chameleon with -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No and Clover. Every time the boot process stops after bluetooth line.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad English

@mattemangia: do you have the last fakesmc.kext in /efi/clover/kexts/others ?

it seems to be your missing part to boot.

and you should have clover 3320 or higher to boot El capitan 10.11.1 or higher

cheers

Hi! Thank you for your answers. I've installed the system! Now I'm trying to enable QE/CI. The problem is that the system it's starting up like in the picture with the normal single link lw1 frame buffer (The same kind that works with Mavericks). As bootloader I'm using Clover with Intel flag 0x0000000 and natit installed. With other flags the graphics won't start at all. :(

Oh And Merry Christmas! :)

post-1195094-0-09432500-1451065976_thumb.jpg

Hi! Thank you for your answers. I've installed the system! Now I'm trying to enable QE/CI. The problem is that the system it's starting up like in the picture with the normal single link lw1 frame buffer (The same kind that works with Mavericks). As bootloader I'm using Clover with Intel flag 0x0000000 and natit installed. With other flags the graphics won't start at all. :(

Oh And Merry Christmas! :)

I would not inject intel in your case. Just enable Patch VBIOS and see if that works. Else try Patch vBIOS and Inject EDID. 

• Like 1