[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

griftopia

Try to install the working kext you had from 10.11.3 version in 10.11.4/10.11.5.

In my experience, once I found the right kext it is the only one that works.

I have the same kext since 10.8.5 and is the only working

Yes I tried that. Everything seemed to be working great. In fact you can't tell QE/CI not working until you try DVD player or Screen Saver. For some reason what worked with 10.11.3 will not work as-is for 10.11.4. Corresponding kext from SingleLink->Alternate2->LW1 for 10.11.4 also did not work.

@Ghostraider. I'm going to try 10.11.5. I see the Graphics kexts are available. As long as I can boot into desktop I will try installing to /S/L/E. When I did 10.11.3 I first put in Clover kexts folder saw it work and then put in /S/L/E. For 10.11.4 that approach didn't work. In any case I will see what happens with 10.11.5. And yes, i'm using Natit.kext.

If I get to desktop without QE/CI with kexts in Clover kexts folder, but installing in /S/L/E makes QE/CI work, I will be a happy camper.

Now I didn't know my DSDT needed to be patched every time I installed graphics kexts. Not sure in which post this is mentioned in the guide. Too many posts in this thread. I will try to find the DSDT instructions. Maybe that's my problem. Someone else patched my DSDT for me, but it did work well with 10.11.3 and I didn't need to put in /S/L/E. Of course once it worked it did put in /S/L/E.

Hope to report soon.

I got it to work !!!

Stupid Kext permissions. For some reason they were not getting repaired. Doh!

I have 10.11.5 working with QE/CI with expected Alternate2, LW1 FB kext. Phew!

One problem though. Brightness setting stuck at 100% every time I restart. System Prefs not getting saved. Why?

• Like 1

I got it to work !!!

Stupid Kext permissions. For some reason they were not getting repaired. Doh!

I have 10.11.5 working with QE/CI with expected Alternate2, LW1 FB kext. Phew!

One problem though. Brightness setting stuck at 100% every time I restart. System Prefs not getting saved. Why?

That is to be expected. Your bios is in control of the brightness. You will have to do some homework which is to patch the DSDT and apply the brightness fix. Then you need to install Intel backlight kext.

That is to be expected. Your bios is in control of the brightness. You will have to do some homework which is to patch the DSDT and apply the brightness fix. Then you need to install Intel backlight kext.

I can confirm that for 1st Intel HD Graphics, a simple PNLF patch and Rehabman's IntelBacklight.kext will help obtaining brightness control

Thanks guys. I will research some more and hopefully figure out what you are saying. One thing though. I have ACPIBacklight kext and it does let me adjust the brightness. So thinking all I need is DSDT patch? What I'm saying is I hope these are two different things....

a) Sys Prefs not getting saved (not working)

B) Brightness control (working!)

The reason I ask is because I noticed my VoodooHDA preferences are also not getting saved. 

all is working on 10.11.5 , thanks so much  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: ACER ASPIRE 5733

sans_t18.jpg

Thanks guys. I will research some more and hopefully figure out what you are saying. One thing though. I have ACPIBacklight kext and it does let me adjust the brightness. So thinking all I need is DSDT patch? What I'm saying is I hope these are two different things....

a) Sys Prefs not getting saved (not working)

B) Brightness control (working!)

The reason I ask is because I noticed my VoodooHDA preferences are also not getting saved. 

because I noticed my VoodooHDA preferences are also not getting saved

is very simple 

edit your info.plist , correct manually  with textedit ( for exemple) and save !!!

@arcade33. If you can please clarify which info.plist? The VoodooHDA kext info.plist?

Also would you know where brightness setting is saved? At least I can reboot computer at 75% brightness instead of 100% which really hurts the eyes.

@arcade33. If you can please clarify which info.plist? The VoodooHDA kext info.plist?

Also would you know where brightness setting is saved? At least I can reboot computer at 75% brightness instead of 100% which really hurts the eyes.

right clic on voodoohda.kext

display package contents 

contents/info.plist 

you can change these value 

<key>MixerValues</key>
<dict>
<key>PCM</key>
<integer>100</integer>
<key>Rec</key>
<integer>70</integer>
<key>iGain</key>
<integer>100</integer>
<key>iMix</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>
<key>NodesToPatch</key>
<array/>
<key>Noise</key>
<integer>9</integer>
<key>Vectorize</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfMicVolumeFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix</key>
<true/>
<key>VoodooHDAVerboseLevel</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>
FOR BRITGNESS : the kext :AppleBacklight.kext in S/L/E 

Hi all,

i have a crazy thougt, well i had a laptop with 1366x768 resolution, i tried switchresX to make the screen resolution 1440x900, is it possible, should i use chameleon instead and force the resolution.dlyd module to 1440x900, or can i try with Clover instead,

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

I have got the graphics successfully i was on chameleon, but today i thought of using clover bootloader after installing it. i am not able to get proper graphics i seeling lining all over the display i barely able to see display! anyone help?

HI.. Sorry to dig up an old thread.. But I could really use your help. I have a dell studio 1749 that I'm trying to install yosemite on. With the intel HD gen 1 graphics. I have followed your guide.

I have also followed your tips above and removed the kest. Nothing has worked. i have confirmed that my laptop uses the LVDS connector so I should be good there. Its just getting past the install screen without a panic that is my issue. Do you have any tips for me to try? I am really not sure what is causing my install to panic like it does & reboot. I actually get into the install a lot of times and than panic on the install bar. I know its graphics but Im not sure what else i can try. Also I have gotten freezes on waiting for root device and panic right after dsmos has arrived but its not consistently the same spot that it panics, sometimes i get to the install and it starts and than it panics.

Here are my specs:

Dell studio 1749

2.26 core i3-350m

NO ATI or Nvidia graphics only intel

Display

Technology : TrueLife WLED 900p(standard)

Dell Wireless 1520

I am still in the same boat. I thought that perhaps after removing the intel hd grapics kext that not rebuilding the kext cache was the issue but still I get an instant reboot. Even single user mode does not work. Must be something else. Anyone have an idea?

I have got the graphics successfully i was on chameleon, but today i thought of using clover bootloader after installing it. i am not able to get proper graphics i seeling lining all over the display i barely able to see display! anyone help?

As explained in the guide, you must do more work (well not really) to get it to work in Clover. Unfortunately, you thought that just by installing Clover it was automatically gonna work. I wish this was the case. You must configure Clover to work with your system. As for graphics, you disable Inject Intel and enable patch vBios. This was explained in the guide if you used Clover from the start.

I am still in the same boat. I thought that perhaps after removing the intel hd grapics kext that not rebuilding the kext cache was the issue but still I get an instant reboot. Even single user mode does not work. Must be something else. Anyone have an idea?

I don't think this problem relates to Intel HD Graphics. Must be other hardware related.

• Like 1

As explained in the guide, you must do more work (well not really) to get it to work in Clover. Unfortunately, you thought that just by installing Clover it was automatically gonna work. I wish this was the case. You must configure Clover to work with your system. As for graphics, you disable Inject Intel and enable patch vBios. This was explained in the guide if you used Clover from the start.

I don't think this problem relates to Intel HD Graphics. Must be other hardware related.

GhostRaider thanks for your response. What else could it be? Is there anyway to diagnose it? Like I said I cant seem to see any pattern in the panics. I have tried a lot of different flags but none seem to make a difference. I cant even get in on single user mode which is quite bad. There is another user here with almost the same setup but its an HP computer. See: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293836-hp-dv4-2154ca-mavericks-boot-problem/

He was able to osx to finally boot but his tutorial is not detailed enough for me to get anything useful from it. Is there anything you think I can try? I'm open to suggestions.

I got in.. Busratio=17 is a must.. Any idea why?

GhostRaider thanks for your response. What else could it be? Is there anyway to diagnose it? Like I said I cant seem to see any pattern in the panics. I have tried a lot of different flags but none seem to make a difference. I cant even get in on single user mode which is quite bad. There is another user here with almost the same setup but its an HP computer. See: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293836-hp-dv4-2154ca-mavericks-boot-problem/

He was able to osx to finally boot but his tutorial is not detailed enough for me to get anything useful from it. Is there anything you think I can try? I'm open to suggestions.

I got in.. Busratio=17 is a must.. Any idea why?

Well if you use Clover, the bus ratio isn't necessary. It automatically detects the CPU. I faced this reboot problem in the Snow Leopard days when using Chameleon.

Well if you use Clover, the bus ratio isn't necessary. It automatically detects the CPU. I faced this reboot problem in the Snow Leopard days when using Chameleon.

Interesting that you say that. I have a build of 10.10 with chameleon that booted with the busratio=17. I have a clover 10.11 build that will not boot even with that flag. Since clover has the CPU detection it does not work for my system. The 10.11 build still will not boot and I got a large strike through circle when it panics. Any ideas?

It seems it maybe the combo of busratio=17 and cpus=1 that works. I did not think it was cpus=1 made a difference cuz I have used that before without success. Still with both of these flags clover will not boot the 10.11 install. I guess I'm going to try to see how far I get with chameleon and 10.10.

Interesting that you say that. I have a build of 10.10 with chameleon that booted with the busratio=17. I have a clover 10.11 build that will not boot even with that flag. Since clover has the CPU detection it does not work for my system. The 10.11 build still will not boot and I got a large strike through circle when it panics. Any ideas?

It seems it maybe the combo of busratio=17 and cpus=1 that works. I did not think it was cpus=1 made a difference cuz I have used that before without success. Still with both of these flags clover will not boot the 10.11 install. I guess I'm going to try to see how far I get with chameleon and 10.10.

Ah I see. Yeah for 10.11 you're getting the prohibited symbol. You aren't authorized to install OS X. Nah just kidding haha. Anyways that just means that your USBs aren't working. Therefore when OS X takes over the USB ports, the external drive is no longer detected, which causes OS X to go into an unknown state. You're gonna have to read on how to enable those ports in El Capitan. Though I believe one easier way is to use a different SMBIOS. Don't remember which one.

• Like 1

Ah I see. Yeah for 10.11 you're getting the prohibited symbol. You aren't authorized to install OS X. Nah just kidding haha. Anyways that just means that your USBs aren't working. Therefore when OS X takes over the USB ports, the external drive is no longer detected, which causes OS X to go into an unknown state. You're gonna have to read on how to enable those ports in El Capitan. Though I believe one easier way is to use a different SMBIOS. Don't remember which one.

Ahh ok. The 10.11 install does seem to work a little better than 10.10. Even with busratio=17 and cpus=1 I get to the install but it restarts at some point anyway. So El capitan maybe a better bet or at least clover is.

Going to try some of this:

"Prohibited" sign on boot

• Try booting verbose. If it's complaining about OsxAptioDrvFix and relocation block, make sure you're booting from a drive with the latest version of Clover (3270+). This was a common problem with older versions of Clover.
  • If OsxAptioDrvFix doesn't work, try OsxAptioDrv2Fix (but not both at once).
  • For a 2500K, 2600K, or other Core i5 and Core i7 'K' Sandy Bridge CPUs you may need to boot with cpus=1 until you can either install the correct SSDT.aml or finish the install and put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into /Library/Extensions/
  • If you get all garbled text and/or the message "Still waiting for root device" with the prohibited sign:
    • Try the install USB in every single USB port on your case, motherboard, add-on PCI card, USB hub, etc. and see if it gets farther on any of those
    • If you're using a USB3 stick, use a USB2 stick and try all USB ports again
    • Try booting with cpus=1.
  • If you have USB hub or a port replicator, try putting the install USB in there
  • Double-check SMBios selection: MacPro3,1 may be the most reliable in general

UPDATE:

After trying the above I get the prohibited symbol after a bluetooth controller transport is missing problem. I tried different USB ports, I tried cpus=1, I tried MacPro3,1 typed it in in clover. I also made sure the usb ownership and usb injection were both on. Still I got the prohibited sign with scrambled text. Any ideas?

Ahh ok. The 10.11 install does seem to work a little better than 10.10. Even with busratio=17 and cpus=1 I get to the install but it restarts at some point anyway. So El capitan maybe a better bet or at least clover is.

Going to try some of this:

"Prohibited" sign on boot

• Try booting verbose. If it's complaining about OsxAptioDrvFix and relocation block, make sure you're booting from a drive with the latest version of Clover (3270+). This was a common problem with older versions of Clover.
  • If OsxAptioDrvFix doesn't work, try OsxAptioDrv2Fix (but not both at once).
  • For a 2500K, 2600K, or other Core i5 and Core i7 'K' Sandy Bridge CPUs you may need to boot with cpus=1 until you can either install the correct SSDT.aml or finish the install and put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into /Library/Extensions/
  • If you get all garbled text and/or the message "Still waiting for root device" with the prohibited sign:
    • Try the install USB in every single USB port on your case, motherboard, add-on PCI card, USB hub, etc. and see if it gets farther on any of those
    • If you're using a USB3 stick, use a USB2 stick and try all USB ports again
    • Try booting with cpus=1.
  • If you have USB hub or a port replicator, try putting the install USB in there
  • Double-check SMBios selection: MacPro3,1 may be the most reliable in general

UPDATE:

After trying the above I get the prohibited symbol after a bluetooth controller transport is missing problem. I tried different USB ports, I tried cpus=1, I tried MacPro3,1 typed it in in clover. I also made sure the usb ownership and usb injection were both on. Still I got the prohibited sign with scrambled text. Any ideas?

I know that your issue is related to USB. I believe your USBs are still not working. From what I've seen, some people have to modify their DSDT. You're gonna have to work on that. But I don't remember what SMBIOS I tried that somewhat bypassed this issue. Try using MacBook 4,1 and then use other MacBook Models to see if any of them work. 

Hello guys, 

i have installed El Capitan on my Lenovo T410 with IntelHD graphics,

the installation boots and installs with clear graphics (i cant fault the graphics from original its that good)

but after installation when i reboot i get the screen divided into 4 and blurry/fuzzy

i manage to guess the install setup process (i can slightly see what it says or parts of the screen)

i boot into the installation and install the appleintelhd graphics kext and frame buffer but the display does not get much better,

i manage to fix the screen divided into four by the kekts install but still blurry/fuzzy i can barely make out the disply (just enough to install kekts)

Also the guide states to enable video bios patch but my installation will not boot unless i select IntelInject in the graphics menu....

i can install mavericks using myhack and works flawlessly but elcappitan is giving me problems.

i am using clover 

any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Alen

Hello guys, 

i have installed El Capitan on my Lenovo T410 with IntelHD graphics,

the installation boots and installs with clear graphics (i cant fault the graphics from original its that good)

but after installation when i reboot i get the screen divided into 4 and blurry/fuzzy

i manage to guess the install setup process (i can slightly see what it says or parts of the screen)

i boot into the installation and install the appleintelhd graphics kext and frame buffer but the display does not get much better,

i manage to fix the screen divided into four by the kekts install but still blurry/fuzzy i can barely make out the disply (just enough to install kekts)

Also the guide states to enable video bios patch but my installation will not boot unless i select IntelInject in the graphics menu....

i can install mavericks using myhack and works flawlessly but elcappitan is giving me problems.

i am using clover 

any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Alen

Why not install the framebuffer kext from Mavericks onto El Capitan? You are allowed to do that.

i followed your guide for elcaptain but can't able to see installer screen because i am "getting dsmos has arrived" and then black screen?

should i copy all those kext inside kext folder of clover USB?

I'm not sure why you mention "copy". This is done after installation. You delete the Intel HD Graphics kexts from the USB installer itself. 

I'm not sure why you mention "copy". This is done after installation. You delete the Intel HD Graphics kexts from the USB installer itself. 

Because i was not able to see the installation screen! then i though of copying these kext into S/LE Guess what it worked! 

but Now I install the the kext again and now i am stuck with 

"sound assertion in applehdadriver at line" any solution ??

Because i was not able to see the installation screen! then i though of copying these kext into S/LE Guess what it worked! 

but Now I install the the kext again and now i am stuck with 

"sound assertion in applehdadriver at line" any solution ??

I'm not really understanding what you are doing to your installation be honest. Do you have El Capitan installed already?

I'm not really understanding what you are doing to your installation be honest. Do you have El Capitan installed already?

I downloaded El Cap. from AppStore. then i downloaded Clover Speical edition.i made USB through Clover followed all the guide.[i did all this in Yosemite ]

I deleted  AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext from S/L/E [uSB]

When i am booting USB of El Cap. I am not able to see installer! 

Edit: Do you have any idea why this is happening?

My specs.

Intel core i5 430m 

Intel Graphic device id is 42/46 vendor id 0086

640GB HDD 5200rpm

4GB of RAM