[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

So, I checked all the hex patches with verteks' info (from his patcher). All the patches are ok, I don't know what to do.

Your beta patch has worked for me through all the betas.... i have ensured devisor fix is not selected and i kept it on lvds only.Did not select vga or dvi .Have power management to 0 in info.plis as well.

Well i just read someone posted earlier that the debug works,but i did say that from the day the first build was released  anyway.

I just set the debug patcher to Link Width X1, LVDS + VGA, 10.10.x, Divisor fix unchecked. Its interesting that you have solved the Yosemite problem a long time ago but somehow changed it in the newer release. I believe its best to remove the DP patches and somehow combine LVDS+VGA into 1 checkbox. Just a thought.

The problem that I have with posts like these is that its not very informative. What do you mean by not working? Is the screen black or something? 

Can you kindly attach your patched kext?

that dose not work with me :(

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0046

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

hp probook 6450b core i5 m520 HM57
please help

Can you kindly attach your patched kext?

No problem  :)

Using the Debug patcher this kext was patched using  SingleLink LW1 LVDS+VGA 10.10.x. 

that dose not work with me :(

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0046

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

hp probook 6450b core i5 m520 HM57
please help

The kexts are not loading. Make sure kexts are installed correctly with Kext Utility and using correct version of OS X for the kexts. If you have OS X 10.9.4 installed then you must install QE/CI 10.9.4 kexts.

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB10016.zip

No problem  :)

Using the Debug patcher this kext was patched using  SingleLink LW1 LVDS+VGA 10.10.x. 

The kexts are not loading. Make sure kexts are installed correctly with Kext Utility and using correct version of OS X for the kexts. If you have OS X 10.9.4 installed then you must install QE/CI 10.9.4 kexts.

Thank you. Problem found: I made the debug checkbox invisible, but I left it checked so everytime you tried to patch the framebuffer, the debug check was set to true. My bad :blush:.

For now use the debug version, tomorrow I will release the patcher working.

EDIT: New version online

• Like 1

I just wanna say THANKS !  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

This is working on my Probook 4520s .

My spces:

Core i3 370M

Intel HD Graphics (LOOOOOL)

8Gb 1333 Mhz Ram

320GB HDD 

How to show battery icon? I use any kexts for battery but it doesn't show. I use HP Probook 4420s.

Hi, i don't understand what kexts i must use with Yosemite Dp. Now i have Yosemite Dp4 and i use this kexts http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/271-intel-hd-graphics-qe-ci/, but i must use always this kexts or others? The other kexts in download section are only for beta 1 right? 

Thanks 

Sorry about the confusion, but currently I'm only making Intel HD Graphics kext packages for public betas. For Developer Preview releases, you have to patch the framebuffer yourself using Giofrida's Intel HD Patcher. DP versions of OS X are not meant to be used on productivity machines.

Sorry about the confusion, but currently I'm only making Intel HD Graphics kext packages for public betas. For Developer Preview releases, you have to patch the framebuffer yourself using Giofrida's Intel HD Patcher. DP versions of OS X are not meant to be used on productivity machines.

Ok very thanks GhostRaider, I understand ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Need help with my portege r705-p25 graphics. I have CI working when I remove the AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.

My hardware:

portege r705-p25

i3-350m, 1366x768x32

1st gen intel hd graphics (8086:0046 rev 2)

intel_reg_dump shows PCH_LVDS: 0x80300302 (enabled, pipe A, 18 bit, 1 channel)

I have Niresh 10.9.0 osx installed. Tried all of alternate and alternate 2 LCD+VGA W1/2/3/4 but QE not enabled. Then tried patching DSDT (got 9 warnings, but not sure if anything is significant) and went through with trying alternate and alternate 2 again, but still nothing; the startup screen wheel spins then freezes. Don't know what else to do. Can someone looked at my patched dsdt and see if there's anything wrong with it?

Is my PCH_LVDS:  0x80300302 makes a difference?

Thanks.

my-dsdt.zip

intel_reg_dump.txt

• Like 1

Need help with my portege r705-p25 graphics. I have CI working when I remove the AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.

My hardware:

portege r705-p25

i3-350m, 1366x768x32

1st gen intel hd graphics (8086:0046 rev 2)

intel_reg_dump shows PCH_LVDS: 0x80300302 (enabled, pipe A, 18 bit, 1 channel)

I have Niresh 10.9.0 osx installed. Tried all of alternate and alternate 2 LCD+VGA W1/2/3/4 but QE not enabled. Then tried patching DSDT (got 9 warnings, but not sure if anything is significant) and went through with trying alternate and alternate 2 again, but still nothing; the startup screen wheel spins then freezes. Don't know what else to do. Can someone looked at my patched dsdt and see if there's anything wrong with it?

Is my PCH_LVDS:  0x80300302 makes a difference?

Thanks.

Toshiba and Samsung laptops are known to have problems enabling graphics acceleration (QE/CI) even though the dump shows that LVDS is enabled. Basically, to to make sure that your toshiba laptop works, you must inject OS-Info in the DSDT since the wheel freezes when you boot. Second, you must use SingleLink Alternate LCD+VGA LW1 frame buffer. If this does not work, then you may not be able to use OS X with QE/CI.

One thing I did notice from Samsung and Toshiba laptop users here in InsanelyMac is that in their DSDT they have injected "built-in" and "AAPL00,override-no-edid" in GFX0. Not sure if this would do anything in your case but you can try.

Toshiba and Samsung laptops are known to have problems enabling graphics acceleration (QE/CI) even though the dump shows that LVDS is enabled. Basically, to to make sure that your toshiba laptop works, you must inject OS-Info in the DSDT since the wheel freezes when you boot. Second, you must use SingleLink Alternate LCD+VGA LW1 frame buffer. If this does not work, then you may not be able to use OS X with QE/CI.

One thing I did notice from Samsung and Toshiba laptop users here in InsanelyMac is that in their DSDT they have injected "built-in" and "AAPL00,override-no-edid" in GFX0. Not sure if this would do anything in your case but you can try.

Did as you suggested and found that CI is enabled with the original AppleIntelHDGraphics* kexts (and again deleting FB and .plugin kexts) and not your modified kexts. 

What do you think of the method used here for patching a toshiba laptop?

• 2 weeks later...

What a thread !! The most fantastic guide in an OP that I have seen.  It is EPIC to say the least !!

*** The Resolution Module zip attachment is missing in the OP.  Or am I just blind?  

Any help is appreciated.....

EDIT:  Yes, I am blind.  Right on the bottom !!!!!

EDIT: AND IT WORKS !!! Both resolution and QE/CI.  GhostRaider, this is a fantastic achievement and you may add one more notch to your belt.

** Laptop: Toshiba L655-S5072 - 

• Intel® Core™ i3-350M Processor
  • Intel® Integrated Graphics
  • 1366x768 (HD), 16:9 aspect ratio, Supports 720p content

,** 10.9.4 Mavericks

*** Chameleon bootloader

*** Did not have Ubuntu to do a reg dump.  The LCD screen replacement available for this laptop shows a eDP connector,

** So first I applied the Resolution Module fix.  And it worked.  But I could not at all get partial QE/CI using the eDP approach....screen was always being garbled.

** In desperation I tried the LVDS approach, without bothering to remove the Resolution Module fix.  AND IT WORKED and full QE/CI.  So this suggest the laptop is LVDS.  

** For framebuffer: Single Link --->Normal---->LCD+VGA----->LW1.

** Installed with Kextwizard, and fix permissions etc. with Kext Utility.  Never bothered to remove Resolution Module or remove "GraphicsMode" flag.  Also "GraphicsEnabler=NO", and still works.

Thanks all !!

I want to give you a heartfelt thank you for all your work and useful information.  It took me a long time and a lot of effort to get QE/CI on an HP G62-400 laptop and, with your guide, I got it working.  I haven't read the entire thread yet, but am interested in seeing if the kext modifications can be done via kext injection in Clover.  I am giving this laptop to a total noob and I don't want to have to patch the kexts every time she installs an OS update.  After reading through this entire thread, I'll see if I have anything useful to add.

Oh, one thing:  In your DSDT error correction section, you suggested using 

Return (Package (0x02)
{
Zero,
Zero
})

to correct 1081 errors.  This created a new error for me because it gave me a 4080 error "Invalid object type for reserved name (found Package, requires Integer)"  I found that the fix for this was to use the following code instead:

Return (Package (One) {Zero})

The credit for this goes to Kizwan.  

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/142434-acpi-dsdt-patcher-for-bios-and-aml/?p=1513648

I want to give you a heartfelt thank you for all your work and useful information.  It took me a long time and a lot of effort to get QE/CI on an HP G62-400 laptop and, with your guide, I got it working.  I haven't read the entire thread yet, but am interested in seeing if the kext modifications can be done via kext injection in Clover.  I am giving this laptop to a total noob and I don't want to have to patch the kexts every time she installs an OS update.  After reading through this entire thread, I'll see if I have anything useful to add.

Oh, one thing:  In your DSDT error correction section, you suggested using 

Return (Package (0x02){Zero, Zero})

to correct 1081 errors.  This created a new error for me because it gave me a 4080 error "Invalid object type for reserved name (found Package, requires Integer)"  I found that the fix for this was to use the following code instead:

Return (Package (One) {Zero})

The credit for this goes to Kizwan.  

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/142434-acpi-dsdt-patcher-for-bios-and-aml/?p=1513648

Regarding Clover and the patches: I have yet to test this out myself. I assume you mean on-the-fly kext patching and not kext injection. The latter is used to enable kexts outside of S/L/E to be loaded as if it were such. The problem with this method is that older kexts may not work on newer kernels (i.e. 10.9.3 kexts may not work on 10.9.4), while on-the-fly kext patching will patch the kext before it loads. I will have to try OS X Mavericks on my HP laptop to confirm. If it works, you would have to run Mavericks or later (depending if Yosemite changed anything) as I wouldn't be willing to support Mountain Lion at this point for this method. Furthermore, you would need the vanilla HD Graphics FB kext in the kernel cache. My tests so far have shown that booting with no kernel cache wouldn't work because then Clover would want to load it right away before the OS even begins to boot. I have yet to find success in this area of Clover, but I still have more tests to run. With me now just starting college, I'm not sure when I'll be able to begin testing again.

Which leads me into my absence from this forum. The degree I'm going for (digital media technology) requires a mac computer. My cousin was kind enough to let me get his macbook as a gift, and that (as of now) is my primary computer!! I hope to get a new mac soon, but Hackintoshing will be reserved as a hobby for quite some time. After all, in a professional environment, I don't know how legit/legal/professional it is to still be toying around getting OS X to work on PC hardware!! However, I still won't be abandoning the OSx86 scene, and I still plan to sometime test out Intel HD Graphics on Clover via on-the-fly kext patching soon!!

• Like 1

Regarding Clover and the patches: I have yet to test this out myself. I assume you mean on-the-fly kext patching and not kext injection. The latter is used to enable kexts outside of S/L/E to be loaded as if it were such. The problem with this method is that older kexts may not work on newer kernels (i.e. 10.9.3 kexts may not work on 10.9.4), while on-the-fly kext patching will patch the kext before it loads. I will have to try OS X Mavericks on my HP laptop to confirm. If it works, you would have to run Mavericks or later (depending if Yosemite changed anything) as I wouldn't be willing to support Mountain Lion at this point for this method. Furthermore, you would need the vanilla HD Graphics FB kext in the kernel cache. My tests so far have shown that booting with no kernel cache wouldn't work because then Clover would want to load it right away before the OS even begins to boot. I have yet to find success in this area of Clover, but I still have more tests to run. With me now ju- st starting college, I'm not sure when I'll be able to begin testing again.

Which leads me into my absence from this forum. The degree I'm going for (digital media technology) requires a mac computer. My cousin was kind enough to let me get his macbook as a gift, and that (as of now) is my primary computer!! I hope to get a new mac soon, but Hackintoshing will be reserved as a hobby for quite some time. After all, in a professional environment, I don't know how legit/legal/professional it is to still be toying around getting OS X to work on PC hardware!! However, I still won't be abandoning the OSx86 scene, and I still plan to sometime test out Intel HD Graphics on Clover via on-the-fly kext patching soon!!

Quite right - on-the-fly patching of vanilla kexts in S/L/E, not kext injection.  Good luck with your schooling.  I wouldn't worry about using a PC with OS X in an educational environment, particularly if your laptop's specs cannot be duplicated by a real mac (e.g, I have a 17-inch laptop with full HD, two 1TB hard drives and a 256GB mSATA drive. Try and find a mac with that.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've decided install Yosemite Beta 3, I installed successfully but I can't enable qe/ci... I've tried several kext combinations but without luck. Is posible enable qe/ci in Beta 3?. I'm using Chameleon 2391.

Regards. 

EDIT:
I've solved the issue, the detail was "kext-dev-mode", because after apply the patch the kext isn't signed by Apple and won't load. 
Now qe/ci is enabled in Beta 3 (FB patched) with Chameleon 2395.

Hello :)

Thank you for this great Forum :)

I have a Acer Aspire One 753 Netbook with a Intel HD from the 1st gen.. Running on Niresh 10.9.5

Today i spend the completely day to get the Intel HD working.. but absolutely no chance :(

Here some Screenshorts..

Completely without AppleIntelHD *.kext is in mode 1024*786 working but when i install the 

"Intel HD Graphics QECI 10.9.5.zip" and i Added via Kext Wizzart the

Framebuffer "SINGLE-LINK->NORMAL->LCD+VGA->LCD+VGA W1" 

and the "AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext" i get a very crazy screen and is only possible to boot

when i remove the kext...

If you need more infos please tell me, i give you.. but please let me now how i can fix this :(

Thanks

Alex

post-1404952-0-61967500-1411320169_thumb.jpeg

post-1404952-0-90559900-1411320212_thumb.jpeg

Hello :)

Thank you for this great Forum :)

I have a Acer Aspire One 753 Netbook with a Intel HD from the 1st gen.. Running on Niresh 10.9.5

Today i spend the completely day to get the Intel HD working.. but absolutely no chance :(

Here some Screenshorts..

Completely without AppleIntelHD *.kext is in mode 1024*786 working but when i install the 

"Intel HD Graphics QECI 10.9.5.zip" and i Added via Kext Wizzart the

Framebuffer "SINGLE-LINK->NORMAL->LCD+VGA->LCD+VGA W1" 

and the "AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext" i get a very crazy screen and is only possible to boot

when i remove the kext...

If you need more infos please tell me, i give you.. but please let me now how i can fix this :(

Thanks

Alex

Hmm.. well from that screenshot its obvious that QE/CI is not enabled because the menubar has a grey color. It seems that that the framebuffer is not loaded either.

Delete all of the Intel HD Graphics kexts from the Extensions folder.

From the 10.9.5 QE/CI framebuffer folder, pick SINGLELINK > ALTERNATE > LCD+VGA > LCD+VGA LW1. Install the framebuffer with the other kexts:

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVA.bundle

Use kext utility and restart your computer. Let me know what happens.

Hello GhostRaider,

I make exactly what you say and i testet also LW2 and the unmodified Framebuffer.. and i get the same result..

I Search a bit in the Board here and i read that i need also the "Natit.kext" File and i found Here...

I installed the via kext wizard and reboot..(and i to with the same tool fix the permissions) 

in Verbose mode i see the kext i loaded and found my Device :)

but the Graphic Driver dos't not work :(

Thanks for Help :)

post-1404952-0-23957100-1411390816_thumb.jpeg

Hello I have an Intel i5 450M processor running Mavericks 10.9.5.  I was easily able to patch the intel kexts while using 10.9, but since updating to 10.9.5 no matter which combination I try i get the spinning wheel freeze up.  While on 10.9 it was Single buffer, alternate 1, lcd+vga, and lw1.  Now it doesn't matter which I use it'll freeze until i remove AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.  Can someone please please give me some advice on what I should do next.

P.S. I also tried using the patcher on the kext files with no luck the patch would error out every time.  I thank you all in advance for any information.

Hello I have an Intel i5 450M processor running Mavericks 10.9.5.  I was easily able to patch the intel kexts while using 10.9, but since updating to 10.9.5 no matter which combination I try i get the spinning wheel freeze up.  While on 10.9 it was Single buffer, alternate 1, lcd+vga, and lw1.  Now it doesn't matter which I use it'll freeze until i remove AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.  Can someone please please give me some advice on what I should do next.

P.S. I also tried using the patcher on the kext files with no luck the patch would error out every time.  I thank you all in advance for any information.

Thank you for reporting this issue. The problem was that I forgot to change the plist files for the SingleLink Alternate framebuffers in the 10.9.5 QE/CI package. I have reuploaded the package so it should now be working. 

For those users who are wondering about the QE/CI package for OS X Yosemite Beta 3, Apple did not update the Intel HD Graphics kexts. So if you want QE/CI (full graphics acceleration) on OS X Yosemite Beta 3, just install the kexts from the QE/CI 10.10 B2 package. 

Hello again :)

I testet a bit and i remove the "Natit.kext" file and i patched my DSDT file like the Guide from the Page "1" from here..

but i get again only 1024x768 and not 1366... what i need.. 

any Tips?

Try the new uploaded QE/CI package for 10.9.5. Maybe it works now. Again, use the SingleLink Alternate LW1 framebuffer.

• Like 1

Thank you for reporting this issue. The problem was that I forgot to change the plist files for the SingleLink Alternate framebuffers in the 10.9.5 QE/CI package. I have reuploaded the package so it should now be working. 

For those users who are wondering about the QE/CI package for OS X Yosemite Beta 3, Apple did not update the Intel HD Graphics kexts. So if you want QE/CI (full graphics acceleration) on OS X Yosemite Beta 3, just install the kexts from the QE/CI 10.10 B2 package. 

Try the new uploaded QE/CI package for 10.9.5. Maybe it works now. Again, use the SingleLink Alternate LW1 framebuffer.

I downloaded the newly uploaded 10.9.5 kext file and still freezes up at boot with the spinning wheel.  I just can't figure out for the life of me why it works perfectly for 10.9 with the appropriate kext file, but this one doesn't want to work no matter what combination I try with the kext file.  Thank you for all of your hard work!  It really is appreciated :)

I downloaded the newly uploaded 10.9.5 kext file and still freezes up at boot with the spinning wheel.  I just can't figure out for the life of me why it works perfectly for 10.9 with the appropriate kext file, but this one doesn't want to work no matter what combination I try with the kext file.  Thank you for all of your hard work!  It really is appreciated :)

Have you tried installing the 10.9 QE/CI kexts you used before on 10.9.5? It should still enable graphics acceleration but you'll be using an older version of the kext. If this doesn't work, then something is wrong with your installation.

• Like 1