[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Have you tried installing the 10.9 QE/CI kexts you used before on 10.9.5? It should still enable graphics acceleration but you'll be using an older version of the kext. If this doesn't work, then something is wrong with your installation.

Something must be happening to my installation during upgrade.  I even tried backing up and restoring the mach_kernel and all of my kext files from /System/Library/Extensions and I still get the freezing spinner at boot until I remove AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.  Thank you so much for your time and effort anyway!  Found an accidental bug along the way :)

@GhostRaider,

Hi there!

Any chance to get kexts for Beta 4?

p.s. I can provide registers dump and original kexts if you need :)

There's a beta 4 already? OS X Yosemite should come out by the end of this month. I'll take a look of the version number to see if it has changed. If it has then I'll upload a new package by then of the day. Been busy with stuff.

EDIT: The kexts have not been updated. The kexts still say 10.0.19 which means that the kexts are the same from Beta 2. Again, if you need QE/CI on Yosemite Beta 4, then you have to download the Intel HD Graphics 10.10 B2 QE/CI package.

There's a beta 4 already? OS X Yosemite should come out by the end of this month. I'll take a look of the version number to see if it has changed. If it has then I'll upload a new package by then of the day. Been busy with stuff.

EDIT: The kexts have not been updated. The kexts still say 10.0.19 which means that the kexts are the same from Beta 2. Again, if you need QE/CI on Yosemite Beta 4, then you have to download the Intel HD Graphics 10.10 B2 QE/CI package.

Hi there!

I've just tried to use kexts from Beta 2 with no luck :(

As I assume, I get only CI, no QE (all animations are smooth, but Chess is slow and System Information says "no kext loaded").

Kexts that works are DualLink LW1, other seems doesn't. 

Will appreciate for any help with this.

Thanks.

edited: oh, it seems like all works fine with "duallink-normal-lw1", DVDPlayers says that all features supported. But I still can't record video from iOS for some reason :( BTW, Thanks for your works!

Hi there!

I've just tried to use kexts from Beta 2 with no luck :(

As I assume, I get only CI, no QE (all animations are smooth, but Chess is slow and System Information says "no kext loaded").

Kexts that works are DualLink LW1, other seems doesn't. 

Will appreciate for any help with this.

Thanks.

edited: oh, it seems like all works fine with "duallink-normal-lw1", DVDPlayers says that all features supported. But I still can't record video from iOS for some reason :( BTW, Thanks for your works!

You're using a dual link frame buffer? Very rare for users to use this kind of frame buffer but its there for anybody that needs it. I'm assuming that your native resolution is higher than 1366x768. Assuming that you are using Yosemite, the operating system is still in "Beta" so expect problems. 

You're using a dual link frame buffer? Very rare for users to use this kind of frame buffer but its there for anybody that needs it. I'm assuming that your native resolution is higher than 1366x768. Assuming that you are using Yosemite, the operating system is still in "Beta" so expect problems. 

Yeap, dual link. 1440x900. Yosemite is not as buggy as I've expected, so I can say I'm satisfied with it. I've already found how to record screen of iOS device: have to choose "new video" in QuickTime instead of "new screen capturing". 

Hi there,

I have successfully install the kext driver on my laptop (internal LCD 1368x768)  but when I connect an external VGA display, Clover setup the correct resolution, my "about this mac" also give me the good one (1920x1400) , but the display is in "overscan" and I need to setup a resolution of 1200x800 to have a correct display !

is there anyway to have the correct resolution ?

@GhostRaider, Thanks for your great work.

I can make qe/ci work fine on my laptop: Samsung v409 i3 380m. Yosemite beta 5

Just one problem when i connect to external monitor (1920X1080) it not display correctly, but it show fine if i remote from other PC/Mac.

I use Single>Normal>Lw1, i have try with dual link and other lw but no success.

@GhostRaider . VGA out work :D  :yes:  :drool:  with safe boot, i don't know, i just plugged the vga to th port, then boot the system, then i'm boot with safe mode, i think that because the frambuffer, when i'm go to the Safe Mode, both the screen on the LCD monitor laptop and the projector not scrambled/disorted.. have you tried it....

@GhostRaider Is there Intel HD Graphics 10.10 QE/CI package for the final version of Yosemite?

I'm just fixing some things on my hackintosh first since I upgraded yesterday at night. I'll be releasing the official 10.10 QE/CI package soon. I will be deleting the beta kexts to avoid confusion.  :)

• Like 2

I'm just fixing some things on my hackintosh first since I upgraded yesterday at night. I'll be releasing the official 10.10 QE/CI package soon. I will be deleting the beta kexts to avoid confusion.  :)

@GhostRaider, Thank you, but it also works with the B2 one. How it could be? Is it because apple has not updated the Intel HD Graphics kexts as you said?

For users looking for OS X Yosemite Beta 3, Beta 4, or Beta 5 QE/CI package, the kexts are exactly the same as OS X Yosemite Beta 2. Apple has not updated the Intel® HD Graphics kexts. If you need QE/CI on OS X Yosemite Beta 3, Beta 4, or Beta 5, download the QE/CI 10.10 B2 package.

@GhostRaider, Thank you, but it also works with the B2 one. How it could be? Is it because apple has not updated the Intel HD Graphics kexts as you said?

For users looking for OS X Yosemite Beta 3, Beta 4, or Beta 5 QE/CI package, the kexts are exactly the same as OS X Yosemite Beta 2. Apple has not updated the Intel® HD Graphics kexts. If you need QE/CI on OS X Yosemite Beta 3, Beta 4, or Beta 5, download the QE/CI 10.10 B2 package.

If you install 10.9.x QE/CI kexts on Yosemite it will still work lol. But anyways I checked the official kexts from Yosemite and it seems that they are also the same version, 10.0.19 which haven't changed since Beta 2 I believe. Whether they have been changed or not (I don't think Apple has changed anything), I will still release the QE/CI package with the official release kexts. This is to avoid confusion as said earlier.

• Like 1

If you install 10.9.x QE/CI kexts on Yosemite it will still work lol. But anyways I checked the official kexts from Yosemite and it seems that they are also the same version, 10.0.19 which haven't changed since Beta 2 I believe. Whether they have been changed or not (I don't think Apple has changed anything), I will still release the QE/CI package with the official release kexts. This is to avoid confusion as said earlier.

Thanks @GhostRaider, then can't wait for the official release kexts :)

Thanks @GhostRaider, then can't wait for the official release kexts :)

QE/CI package for OS X Yosemite 10.10 is now available to download. Just a reminder that OS X Yosemite is a bit of a graphics hungry OS because there's transparency in a lot of areas. Your computer must support QE/CI in order to run OS X Yosemite. Performance may vary on different computers. Our IGPU is about to be 5 years old, and I'm surprised Apple still supports it. 

For those that can only use CI only, OS X Mavericks is the last version of OS X you can run on your computer. It's not possible to run OS X Yosemite without graphics acceleration.

• Like 1

QE/CI package for OS X Yosemite 10.10 is now available to download. Just a reminder that OS X Yosemite is a bit of a graphics hungry OS because there's transparency in a lot of areas. Your computer must support QE/CI in order to run OS X Yosemite. Performance may vary on different computers. Our IGPU is about to be 5 years old, and I'm surprised Apple still supports it. 

For those that can only use CI only, OS X Mavericks is the last version of OS X you can run on your computer. It's not possible to run OS X Yosemite without graphics acceleration.

Thank you for the information @GhostRaider :)

Thank you for the information @GhostRaider

This happens when the framebuffer fails to load or its not installed. You sure you installed it correctly?

I used Kext Wizard 3.7.10 as I always use to install kexts. I patched my framebuffer myself using Intel HD Graphics Patcher as per the guidence of the tutoriel here(Used Ubuntu to get the dump for the settings). Actually I did exactly the same things as I did with the beta version. I am using natit.kext, it would not boot at all without it. 

I don't know what I may have done wrong?

Does anybody who using Yosemite, can test Maps app, because for me it doesn't show map. Its same same with 3D charts in Pages/Numbers/Keynote on OS X Mavericks and also keynote advanced effects. Is it only problem with my graphic card or it's normal with patched kext, because it must work's on real Macbook Pro 2010.

I used Kext Wizard 3.7.10 as I always use to install kexts. I patched my framebuffer myself using Intel HD Graphics Patcher as per the guidence of the tutoriel here(Used Ubuntu to get the dump for the settings). Actually I did exactly the same things as I did with the beta version. I am using natit.kext, it would not boot at all without it. 

I don't know what I may have done wrong?

As I said, the framebuffer kext is not loading. It's not running on your computer for some reason. Make sure you allow Yosemite to use unsigned kexts by booting using kext-dev-mode=1. Use Kext Utility NOT Kext Wizard. Obviously if it was loaded and there was a problem with the patched kext, you would see a black screen.

Does anybody who using Yosemite, can test Maps app, because for me it doesn't show map. Its same same with 3D charts in Pages/Numbers/Keynote on OS X Mavericks and also keynote advanced effects. Is it only problem with my graphic card or it's normal with patched kext, because it must work's on real Macbook Pro 2010.

Yeah there is a problem with Maps for some reason. The problem is Apple, and I'm guessing the old 2010 MacBook Pros switch to the dedicated GPU to run certain applications. I'm not sure about iWork since I never use it. 

Hi GhostRaider, I am under 10.9.5 but Sleep-wake (mode 0 and mode 3) never worked for me, I only get a blackscreen, seems that HDD works for two seconds (then off), and just the fan keep working. Console.app shown nothing about sleep. So, anybody have sleep-wake working? Can share his DSDT and .ioreg, please? Thanks in advance.