[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

I knew someone was curious lol. I'm guessing Apple again, changed the location of the patched values as they did with Mavericks. But how is performance overall? Same thing or anything new?

Oh okay. As far as I know desktop computers aren't supported by these kexts. I'm guessing the kexts aren't even loading on your computer.

I'd say for now "barely" degraded maybe not even noticeable for some users ,And there are many possibilities to this....1. its running in debugging mode being test OS and all,Secondly Yosemite got a huge UI overhaul,so i'm guessing more work for those weak cpu's

I'll be fair to it and say lets give it by the second Dp or so,but most importantly there is a future for gma 5700 and 10.10

Hello folks!

Please try this new version of my patcher. It should work with 10.10.

I added a temporary check button called 'Divisor fix' because maybe I made a mistake when I created the patch for Mavericks / Yosemite.

So try to patch kexts for Mavericks again and install them as usual and write back here if it works or not.

Intel HD Graphics Patcher 1.5.3.zip

Hello folks!

Please try this new version of my patcher. It should work with 10.10.

I added a temporary check button called 'Divisor fix' because maybe I made a mistake when I created the patch for Mavericks / Yosemite.

So try to patch kexts for Mavericks again and install them as usual and write back here if it works or not.

Fine Work my Brother

""Divisor fix"" not needed "for 10.10",but keep it as an option as more people test,it might just be what another system needs although i doubt,but for safe measure.

To summarize, this patcher works on 10.10 just by selecting the 10.10 radio button and same settings that worked for 10.8/9 kexts.

Fine Work my Brother

""Divisor fix"" not needed "for 10.10",but keep it as an option as more people test,it might just be what another system needs although i doubt,but for safe measure.

To summarize, this patcher works on 10.10 just by selecting the 10.10 radio button and same settings that worked for 10.8/9 kexts.

Do you have qe/ci? when im patching the kexts, after that i don't have QE/CI .. i have tried every option in Intel HD Graphics patcher.. im using clover.. thanks :)

Do you have qe/ci? when im patching the kexts, after that i don't have QE/CI .. i have tried every option in Intel HD Graphics patcher.. im using clover.. thanks :)

Witch OS 109.3/4 or 10.10

check which extensions are loaded.....AppleintelHDGraphics  and/or  Appl......FB

post-1196560-0-84461200-1397633128.jpgwhen i try to install *FB it works but without QE/CI.but upon installing intelhdgraphics.kexts i got this screen on restarting. i am on maverick 10.9.3 with chameleon. i am using natit.kext too.But I am trying to dual boot mac and windows using MBR patch.I have dell inspieon n5010.core i3 370M.6GB raam.if any body could figure out whats the problem ?  i have tried almost all the kexts including geofrida intel hd patcher.I am attaching my dsdt too.

DSDT.zip

post-1196560-0-84461200-1397633128.jpgwhen i try to install *FB it works but without QE/CI.but upon installing intelhdgraphics.kexts i got this screen on restarting. i am on maverick 10.9.3 with chameleon. i am using natit.kext too.But I am trying to dual boot mac and windows using MBR patch.I have dell inspieon n5010.core i3 370M.6GB raam.if any body could figure out whats the problem ?  i have tried almost all the kexts including geofrida intel hd patcher.I am attaching my dsdt too.

Did you have QE/CI prior to 10.9.3 or is this your first go @ it?

Check the AppleHDG* related kexts because upon install some of them are missing (info.plist) you need to get it from the Extensions directory on the usb installer or whatever medium you used...The basesystem.dmg will contain them to (you need 5 kext)

The kexts are loaded.. The only problem is i don't have quartz extreme.. Only core image.. I was asking you if u have qe to give me the kexts.. Thanks :)

Hi,

Installed OSX 10.8.5

on i3-380m.

I have an edp connector. Installed HD graphics according first post. So according post I enabled CI.

Changed the  .plist in the override directory to recognize my monitor. I checked whether the HEX data which i provided is now loaded by the default monitor. So every thing looks fine now. 

Have a correct resolution, can view webpages with flash etc. Can play the chess game.

But the only thing now is when I pickup a window an drag it, my screen gets corrupted. The weird thing is that i can drag the safari window but others will corrupt my screen. 

You have any thoughts what I could do or check now???

It looks like frame buffer issue, but how can I influence this when I am an "edp user". I didnt install the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext. Because this is not required by the install CI instruction in the first post...

What I think is that it looks like that QE is enabled now, but its not supported by the hardware. En that is exactly what I expact.

How I get rid of the screen corruption when dragging a window.... 

Any thoughts on this???

Did you have QE/CI prior to 10.9.3 or is this your first go @ it?

Check the AppleHDG* related kexts because upon install some of them are missing (info.plist) you need to get it from the Extensions directory on the usb installer or whatever medium you used...The basesystem.dmg will contain them to (you need 5 kext)

Actually I have 5 kexts i know.one is frame buffer and other are 

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDdriver.bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADdriver.bundle

only need to change AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext every time i get kernal panic,i delete all 5 and reinstall then again restart.i think i got the right approcah tell me if  i am missing anything.This is my first go i never had any QE/CI before..tell me 2bad0

is this have anything to do with MBR patch which i applied to install because i have window 7 running and i dont have GUID partition table

only need to change AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext every time i get kernal panic,i delete all 5 and reinstall then again restart.i think i got the right approcah tell me if  i am missing anything.This is my first go i never had any QE/CI before..tell me 2bad0

is this have anything to do with MBR patch which i applied to install because i have window 7 running and i dont have GUID partition table

Not mbr related..

Need to try different settings on the patcher, i highly recommend you follow the guide on the first page carefully,to know wether you got edp, you link width and such

also try one of the alternate patches

Witch setting did you choose on the intel hd patcher...

try 10.9 lvds + vga alternate 

and remember to copy the kext out of the patched folder.

Are you using a Dell Inspiron N5010 with Intel HD Graphics? Friend, your computer supports QE/CI but your probably doing something wrong. Check your installation and make sure your choosing the correct framebuffer. This person has the same laptop as you and has QE/CI working nicely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rac-dSNhEvs

Edit: From analyzing his setup, he is using Natit kext and is using an Alternate framebuffer. Most likey he is using the SingleLink Alternate LCD+VGA LW1 framebuffer.

Hi,

Installed OSX 10.8.5

on i3-380m.

I have an edp connector. Installed HD graphics according first post. So according post I enabled CI.

Changed the  .plist in the override directory to recognize my monitor. I checked whether the HEX data which i provided is now loaded by the default monitor. So every thing looks fine now. 

Have a correct resolution, can view webpages with flash etc. Can play the chess game.

But the only thing now is when I pickup a window an drag it, my screen gets corrupted. The weird thing is that i can drag the safari window but others will corrupt my screen. 

You have any thoughts what I could do or check now???

It looks like frame buffer issue, but how can I influence this when I am an "edp user". I didnt install the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext. Because this is not required by the install CI instruction in the first post...

What I think is that it looks like that QE is enabled now, but its not supported by the hardware. En that is exactly what I expact.

How I get rid of the screen corruption when dragging a window.... 

Any thoughts on this???

In your Extensions folder, do you only have AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLD.bundle, and AppleIntelHDGraphicsVA.bundle? It should enable Core Image. Screen corruption usually happens when AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin is installed.

Here Are The files for 10.10

https://anonfiles.com/file/a748010260d526af08e0b3136a961b00

and patcher

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=141684

the file named AppleIntelHDGraphics.FBUnpatched.kext should be renamed accordingly to AppIentelHDGraphicsFB.kext and patched with the respective settings ie. the settings you used in patching previous iterations of the frame-buffer

AppleIntelHDGraphics.FBpatched.kext is one patched by me with lvds+vga additionally the plist is edited to have powermanagement off

Remember to rebuild kext-cache,if you use kextutility or a similar app then this process is optional

Here Are The files for 10.10

https://anonfiles.com/file/a748010260d526af08e0b3136a961b00

and patcher

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=141684

the file named AppleIntelHDGraphics.FBUnpatched.kext should be renamed accordingly to AppIentelHDGraphicsFB.kext and patched with the respective settings ie. the settings you used in patching previous iterations of the frame-buffer

AppleIntelHDGraphics.FBpatched.kext is one patched by me with lvds+vga additionally the plist is edited to have powermanagement off

Remember to rebuild kext-cache,if you use kextutility or a similar app then this process is optional

blackscreen on boot after kexts installed. seems freezes..

im using clover2695..

back to normal after delete intelHD+intelHDFB.. so far no luck.

blackscreen on boot after kexts installed. seems freezes..

im using clover2695..

back to normal after delete intelHD+intelHDFB.. so far no luck.

did you have qe/ci with a previous os,or is this your 1st short at this with 10.10

what setting did you click on the patcher....assuming you patched your own kext..

also remember kext-dev-mode=1

"In your Extensions folder, do you only have AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLD.bundle, and AppleIntelHDGraphicsVA.bundle? It should enable Core Image. Screen corruption usually happens when AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin is installed."

Thanks GhostRaider for your response.

But  *GA.plugin is not in /S/L/E folder:

lt-noa:Extensions root# pwd

/System/Library/Extensions

lt-noa:Extensions root# find AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.kext

find: AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.kext: No such file or directory

lt-noa:Extensions root# find AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

find: AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin: No such file or directory

lt-noa:Extensions root# 

Looks like according OSX QE is enabled but according CI installation it is not... What do you think???

did you have qe/ci with a previous os,or is this your 1st short at this with 10.10

what setting did you click on the patcher....assuming you patched your own kext..

also remember kext-dev-mode=1

sure, i have ML 10.8.3 with QE/CI enabled.

mysetting is just patch framebuffer on 10.10, also lvds+vga and check button alternative2 + Divisor fix. still freezes :-(

"In your Extensions folder, do you only have AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLD.bundle, and AppleIntelHDGraphicsVA.bundle? It should enable Core Image. Screen corruption usually happens when AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin is installed."

Thanks GhostRaider for your response.

But  *GA.plugin is not in /S/L/E folder:

lt-noa:Extensions root# pwd

/System/Library/Extensions

lt-noa:Extensions root# find AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.kext

find: AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.kext: No such file or directory

lt-noa:Extensions root# find AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

find: AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin: No such file or directory

lt-noa:Extensions root# 

Looks like according OSX QE is enabled but according CI installation it is not... What do you think???

You need 5 kext related to AppleIntelHDG*

how many do you have?

I Don't love reading either,but many of the problems experienced here,can be solved by a thorough read and good understanding of the original post,it explains the beast in detail..

@GhostRaider and 2bad0.

It works now!!

I think you helped me in a direction guys:

There was also AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin installed. I removed all the HD3000 stuff too.

Maybe the instruction should say remove all the AppleIntelHD*.kext and AppleIntelHD*.plugin before installing CI. 

Thanks!!!!

Other issue now is that video play back stops at 7 seconds (YouTube). This is not related to this thread i think...

Again Thanks also for the work and the instruction.

sure, i have ML 10.8.3 with QE/CI enabled.

mysetting is just patch framebuffer on 10.10, also lvds+vga and check button alternative2 + Divisor fix. still freezes :-(

don't add the divisor fix....

what ever setting you chose in intelhd patcher to get 10.9.3 working

choose those same settings in the new patcher,this time selecting 10.10...exclude devisor fix...if it is enabled by default disable it

and remember install kext properly..

@GhostRaider and 2bad0.

It works now!!

I think you helped me in a direction guys:

There was also AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin installed. I removed all the HD3000 stuff too.

Maybe the instruction should say remove all the AppleIntelHD*.kext and AppleIntelHD*.plugin before installing CI. 

Thanks!!!!

Other issue now is that video play back stops at 7 seconds (YouTube). This is not related to this thread i think...

Again Thanks also for the work and the instruction.

Which browser? if chrome? in my experience beta/dev/canaray builds are problematic for now.

Which browser? if chrome? in my experience beta/dev/canaray builds are problematic for now.

It was in safari. But I solved it. It was because audio was not installed correctly. Removed all the audio .kext and installed VoodooHDA again. Have audio in general and youtube playback.

The DVD player of OSX in 10.8.5 I can't get it to work properly. Also with the fixes in the DVD play frame work. Weird.

But in short, my Packard Bell TK85 GN-221 works like a real Mac now!!!! With CI !!

Unbelievable, I thought this was impossible a week ago!! 

don't add the divisor fix....

what ever setting you chose in intelhd patcher to get 10.9.3 working

choose those same settings in the new patcher,this time selecting 10.10...exclude devisor fix...if it is enabled by default disable it

and remember install kext properly..

i've tried but still no luck. now it give me an error like "missing bluetooth controller transport!"

im not familiar with clover.. what bootflags did you use? should i use "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" on bootArgs?

by the way to boot Yoyemite partition im using USBdrive, not installed in partition.

and bootflags "-v kext-dev-mode=1 ncpi=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnable=No" without any IntelHDGraphics kexts (in mycase)

Edit:

works now using patchVBios, but without intelHDGraphics kexts installed in System/Library/Extensions/.

so laggy..

ss1.png

image.png

Edited by anzharhendra