GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Forgot to mention, about the specs:

HP DV4-2154ca

Intel GMA First gen (of course ;) )

Intel i3 CPU

2 hard drives x 256GB SATA

LAN: Rtl81x

Wireless: Atheros (fully working in 10.9)

If anybody can tell me where can I see the message log when booting with -s would be nice. In linux I use dmsg, but here it shoes much less info and no errors are identified that can point me to the problem and its resolving.

So anybody having ideas or have had similar problem that is already a history?

Hi guys, my screen like this after install intelgraphicFB to enabler QE, how can i fix this ?

My lap spec :

-asus a42jc vx059 os 10.9.2, intel hd gen 1 with ldvs port.

Are you using Clover as your bootloader?  If so, you need to turn off Intel injection under the Graphics Enabler section.  Otherwise, your screen will become distorted, like so.

• Like 1

@GhostRaider or anyone who might know

What changes were made to the drivers? I'm trying to enable QE/CI on VMware, and I thought this might help since the drivers appear to be similar.

Thanks! :)

What makes you think that the drivers are similar enough that the QE/CI patches for VMware will be the same or similar to our first generation Intel HD Graphics.  Not that I want to be a doubting Thomas on this, but I'm not sure if they will work.

Basically, verteks here discovered a way to patch the framebuffer on Snow Leopard 10.6.8, and created a patcher to get it done for ourselves.  That patcher included a readme explaining what the patches were doing in an assembly sense.  I'm no programmer in any language, so you can just say that it was like gibberish to me.  But it may help you.  I'm not sure if the patcher can help you itself.  The one with the GUI by  was reprogrammed to do the patches with find/replace, while vertek's command line one patches it by offsets.  Here is a link to the original post by verteks: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286879-appleintelhdgraphicsfb-fixed-sl-1068/

There, download hdgraphics_patcher.zip, which is attached in the original post.  Extract it, and you'll find a README.txt that may or may not help you in your search.  However, I wish you the best of luck!

What makes you think that the drivers are similar enough that the QE/CI patches for VMware will be the same or similar to our first generation Intel HD Graphics.  Not that I want to be a doubting Thomas on this, but I'm not sure if they will work.

Basically, verteks here discovered a way to patch the framebuffer on Snow Leopard 10.6.8, and created a patcher to get it done for ourselves.  That patcher included a readme explaining what the patches were doing in an assembly sense.  I'm no programmer in any language, so you can just say that it was like gibberish to me.  But it may help you.  I'm not sure if the patcher can help you itself.  The one with the GUI by  was reprogrammed to do the patches with find/replace, while vertek's command line one patches it by offsets.  Here is a link to the original post by verteks: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286879-appleintelhdgraphicsfb-fixed-sl-1068/

There, download hdgraphics_patcher.zip, which is attached in the original post.  Extract it, and you'll find a README.txt that may or may not help you in your search.  However, I wish you the best of luck!

I compared the two drivers' Info.plist; those seem to be pretty similar, and they're the same type of driver, which means they can't be fundamentally different in how they interact with OS X and indicate that they do indeed have QE/CI support.

Doubting is fine, I'm not that confident either!

I saw that post, but I'm not sure what exactly the patch does. Does it enable QE? I was also confused since there was no reasoning or explanation to the modifications in the patch; I'm not sure what those changes in assembly do.

VMsvga2 is open source, and I have the ability to build, so I was looking for things I could edit in the code or the Info.plist file...

I'm going out on a whim here and saying that our patches will NOT help you in your quest for QE/CI on VMware.  Before we discovered the patch, AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext wasn't getting our display to work properly.  Sometimes there was a severely distorted display where we couldn't see what the heck we were doing, other times it was stuck at the gray apple screen or verboose text, and other times there wasn't any display at all.  Verteks discovered the patches that enabled the framebuffer to work with our displays.  The patches themselves didn't make QE/CI work.  You see, before, the only way to get a resolution than 1024x768 was to use a patched Resolution module (which I helped create a guide for), but that didn't enable any acceleration.  The framebuffer by itself enabled higher resolution and the ability to switch between them.  However, what enabled acceleration are the other kexts with the AppleIntelHDGraphics prefix.  There are 4, but I don't remember them off the top of my head.  Those drivers are what enable QE/CI, but they can't do anything unless the Framebuffer is running and active.

If I'm correct, VMsvga2 is also a framebuffer, but it won't enable QE/CI for the same reasons.  Did you check the other framebuffers in OS X to confirm that they are similar to other hardware?  The Intel HD Graphics 3000?  Other integrated Intel cards?  Maybe even dedicated ATI and NVIDIA Graphics Cards?  My guess is they would all appear similar to VMware's Framebuffer kext.  That's why they're of the same type and that's why their Info.plist files are similar.  But enabling QE/CI works differently on every other set of video hardware.  You would probably need more tests to see how similar the hardware is between our Intel HD Graphics and the card emulated by VMware.  I would be willing to help you with any tests you need on our integrated graphics card, but I couldn't tell you where to start figuring out how to test it.  Maybe using OS's that has full-fledged graphics acceleration on both our card and VMware's emulated card (Like Windows or maybe Linux)?    Once you confirm they are similar enough to enable QE/CI in the same fashion (my guess is that it won't), you could try making legacy kexts to inject VMware's Graphics Card ID into the Intel HD Graphics kexts.  Or reverse engineering the kexts to see how QE/CI can be enabled in OS X on our Intel HD Graphics, and then engineering kexts to do the same with VMware's Graphics Card?  But then again, I will stress that this will only work if the hardware is similar!  My best guess is that it won't, but I still wish you the best of luck!!

• Like 1

Too long; not going to waste space

Thanks for the tips! I see what you mean now. I'll look into it some more but I think you're right.

The only way now is to dig into some source; do you know of any open-source framebuffer drivers that support QE/CI?

Thanks again!

HI,

I have a probook 6450b, it has a core i5 with an intel HD (8086:0046 ;-).

I can only boot in safe mode or with intel kext remove.

I have try the patch one with single-link, lcd+vga. I use clover.

* with clover injection => KP

* without injection : work same way as in safe mode : no kext loaded

I am on 10.9.2

what can I do/check.

Hi everybody,

I'm not english. I'm French= So sorry for my english because i don't speak very well.. lol

First, i have a laptop HP g72-150EF i install hackintosh with installer v10. i install mavericks 10,9,2 with "any problems" 

during installation, there is any problems, but post install is more difficult. I've got a intel core i3-330m with intel hd graphics.

I come to this forum because in this post you explain how to install correctly intel hd graphics. i want to try this but when i boot to ubuntu and write in terminal sudo intel_reg_dumper  it's appears  intel_reg_dumper: could'nt find graphics card.

Why???

On my laptop i've got an ATI radeon mobility 5430 but i can't disable it on my BIOS.

Anyone can help me pleasE?

Thanks

• Like 1

i have this when i tried to install apple intel hd graphics kexts.what does that mean?? whats the problem and how should i correct it

i am dual booting OSX and windows 7

I used myHack method to create installer and installed hackintosh through this!!!

any body plz help

Good morning,

I tried do do everything on this guide but always without success (I made a framebuffer also with ubuntu), my mavericks 10.9 works without qe/ci.

I tried also natit kext, but nothing.

my bootloader is chameleon 

these are my specs:

processor: Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium 967, 1300 MHz (13 x 100)
motherboard name: Acer Aspire V5-531
Chipset motherboard: Intel Panther Point HM70, Intel Sandy Bridge

Video card
acceleration 3D Intel HD Graphics 2000

Please some usefull support...thanks  :thumbsup_anim:

Hello, thank you for this great tutorial, Everything is working for my graphic card on acer travelmate 5740z including brightness and native resolution!

But I just want to understand why I can't add a DSM method to GFX0?

For example if I add this

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package ()

{

"VRAM,totalsize",

Buffer ()

{

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x12

},

"model",

Buffer ()

{

"Intel HD Graphics"

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

under Name (_ADR, 0x00020000) I get 193 errors!

My DSDT is attached here and without DSM method for GFX0 it gives me 0 errors 0 warning 0 remarks and 54 optimizations.

Thank you!

No one can help? :blush:

Good morning,

I tried do do everything on this guide but always without success (I made a framebuffer also with ubuntu), my mavericks 10.9 works without qe/ci.

I tried also natit kext, but nothing.

my bootloader is chameleon 

these are my specs:

processor: Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium 967, 1300 MHz (13 x 100)
motherboard name: Acer Aspire V5-531
Chipset motherboard: Intel Panther Point HM70, Intel Sandy Bridge

Video card 
acceleration 3D Intel HD Graphics 2000

Please some usefull support...thanks   :thumbsup_anim:

please I need someone good to help me  :angel: ...pentium 967 with intel HD graphics 2000

I will pay anyone able to help me!

Please, I need for my job to have the qe/ci working. 

PM me thanks

This guide is only for the first generation Intel HD Graphics. You have a second generation card (Sandy Bridge).

Read better before posting.. and remember.. do not make offers of any kind.

This guide is only for the first generation Intel HD Graphics. You have a second generation card (Sandy Bridge).

Read better before posting.. and remember.. do not make offers of any kind.

Ok!  :)

well it's a bit difficult to understand the right and proper generation card...

is there a guide like this one but for 2nd generation cards? 

Thanks alot

Geofrida i tried hackintosh of myHack method :) but always failed to get Quartz Extreme and Core Image.Everytime i get the distorted screen on rebooting after installing intelHD kexts.

I dont know what exactly is the problem because i had used almost every kexts including my own patched using linux frame buffer.but i get the above image(Given in URL).Can u point out what exactly  I am Mistaking. 

i have corei3

first generation

dell inspiron n5010

thanks brother in advance