[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

An update:

GhostRaider, I know you are a busy person with many people asking you how to solve their Hackintosh problems so I will understand if I don't get a reply now, later or ever.

I was saying in my previous post that my pc has LVDS, but i made a mistake installing "kexts" for Enable Only Core Image (CI). Since I was able to see a youtube video(streched) i though i got something related to Enable Quartz Extreme with Core Image (QE/CI) but nope.

Yesterday I was able to finally download this Intel HD Graphics 10.8.5 QECI.zip. I installed all the kext and try several options for the frame buffer but all of them caused the pc to "spin".
I started removing a kext a the time, same results.
I left this one AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and when the pc started i saw about 5 or 6 small square windows with color horizontal lines.

Is there a way to troublesoot this to change or add an entry so i can see the video correctly?
After that I think the rest of the "kexts" might work but I don't know.

I forgat i will install Natit kext with all of them again and hope that fixes the problem albeit temporarily as mentioned.

Ghostraider, this solve the problem "Natit kext".

case close for my project

thanks

Sorry about the late response but glad it worked out for you in the end.  :) Yeah usually if the computer freezes it can mean 1 of 3 things. 1st is that the computer is not receiving the os-info code from the frame buffer, therefore you have to either use Natit kext (temporary solution) to get past this problem. As I said before, Natit is a very old kext and patching the DSDT is highly recommended. That way you will never need this kext again. 2nd reason it freezes is because you may need to use an alternative frame buffer. The 3rd reason could be that you will need to use an alternative frame buffer and you will have to patch DSDT or use Natit. Different possibilities for every computer. 

Ghostraider, thanks for the reply. If Natit didn't work, I was going to try patching the DSDT. All the information about it wasn't clear so I am glad I didn't have to go that route. I will just back my drive and I am planning to also clone my drive. This way I will always have a running hackintosh.

P.S. The following is not importatnt a bit annoying. "USB device was drawing too much power from your computer, one or more of your USB devices have been disabled". I know this also happen on real Macs. In my case nothing USB is attached to the Pc but I get the pop up right after I sign in.

Once is dismissed I have no problems.

For the Macs resetting the PRAM seems to have solved this annoyance.

hi guys, i'm using acer aspire 4739, QE/CI worked, does someone had a pc like mine and edit the DSDT with working VGA output, ??? i can't patch my own DSDT, because i didn't know how to do it. :(

install dsdt editor, extract dsdt and send me. I'll edit it.

(you'll need two dsdt. one when you use vga, and one when you use lcd. You can switch the dsdts in chameleon)

hi,

i have a toshiba c650 with gma 5700 (1st hd) rev 2

How can i get more performance? I cant play chess without lag.

(Everything is working, qe/ci)

there's nothing we can do about this huh? i too have intel hd rev 2. surely i dont play games in my laptop. but lag when playing chess is kinda weird.

and one last annoyance is that my laptop is very hot. scaling is working (it only two though, 900 and 2130 MHz (i3 330M)). can anyone advice what need to be done to reduce the heat?

thanks.

there's nothing we can do about this huh? i too have intel hd rev 2. surely i dont play games in my laptop. but lag when playing chess is kinda weird.

and one last annoyance is that my laptop is very hot. scaling is working (it only two though, 900 and 2130 MHz (i3 330M)). can anyone advice what need to be done to reduce the heat?

thanks.

I have tinkered with Can you install OpenGL Extension app and tell me what FPS you get in windowed and full screen mode for various benchmarking tests??

Regarding heating, I suppose you are using AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Are you using SSDT or GeneratingCStates and PStates?

• Like 1

I have tinkered with Can you install OpenGL Extension app and tell me what FPS you get in windowed and full screen mode for various benchmarking tests??

Regarding heating, I suppose you are using AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Are you using SSDT or GeneratingCStates and PStates?

sorry for late reply. im gonna try the opengl extension later and will report back here.

yes, i guess it uses the appleintelcpupowermanagement. i use the generatingcstates and pstates with config.plist in clover, then delete the nullcpupower (it's hotter if i use it). but still, even though the scaling works, it's way hotter than in w8.1. i guess it's the intel hd problem, but i dont know for sure. if i dont generate c and p states, it will run only in 900 mHz, but it's still hotter than in w8.1. haha. so confusing.

Nver mind about my last post, it's worked without DSDT patch :thumbsup_anim::w00t::D:yes: , the LCD monitor (on the laptop) is flickering when the VGA port plugged in, but it's VGA OUT , yayyyy . using 10.8.5 woow, amazing, thanks to : verteks, GhostRaider, iWin32, RemC, mnorthern, mehdymehdy.

Hi,

Ok so i am working on an acer 1830t.

i5 520um arondale

It uses clover or chameleon with the same results. Graphics load and work very well. Have fixed the backlight and backlight key problems. Also have fixed the usb problems that cause wake from sleep. My issue is that once the computer goes to sleep when i wake it up the back light comes on and the computer wakes up according to the console logs but i never get anything but a litup black screen.  I get this line a bunch of time in the console log.

2/3/14 12:02:08.000 AM kernel[0]: AppleIntelFramebuffer VBL interrupts lost DEISR 00000080 DEIMR 7cdfff7f DEIER 83200080

and also this

2/3/14 12:02:12.000 AM kernel[0]: stampWait: Overflowed checking for stamp 0x2c0ef on MAIN ring: called from 
2/3/14 12:02:12.000 AM kernel[0]: timestamp = 0x2c0ee
2/3/14 12:02:12.000 AM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for apparent hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
2/3/14 12:02:12.000 AM kernel[0]: ring head    = 0x000000e0, wrap count = 0x 0
2/3/14 12:02:12.000 AM kernel[0]: ring tail    = 0x00001a70 ring control = 0x00003001   enabled, auto report disabled, not waiting, semaphore not waiting, length = 0x004 4KB pages
2/3/14 12:02:12.000 AM kernel[0]: timestamp = 0x2c0ee

any ideas?

I wonder what are the usual temperature range that our processors/ graphics work when under  low to medium low load. I see that whenever I do anything slightly graphics related (such as Skype call, team viewer meeting, etc) the temperature ramps up to 60-64 degree celsius very quickly. I think power management is one thing we all would love. Can anyone confirm my findings from there system temperatures for different load types or is it just me who is experiencing this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody! I have a problem with games in 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics (QE/CI are enabled), when I play Chess I have a lot of lag, and when I play Minecraft or Myst IV I have texture bugs or black textures. 
Anybody can help me?
Thanks!

post-1296288-0-10739100-1392844667_thumb.png

hi there, I installed iatkos ml2 on my asus n53jf with intel i5-460 and nvidia optimus with integrated intel and nvidia gt-425

I know that nvidia card isn't supported, but I found this thread for the integrated intel.

installed qe/ci drivers selecting the framebuffer lw1 for duallink subfolder

installed, reboted, stuck at ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin::start - waitforservice(resourcematching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

68.233349: ATHR: unknown locale: 60

tried other kext... no luck

sorry for late reply. im gonna try the opengl extension later and will report back here.

yes, i guess it uses the appleintelcpupowermanagement. i use the generatingcstates and pstates with config.plist in clover, then delete the nullcpupower (it's hotter if i use it). but still, even though the scaling works, it's way hotter than in w8.1. i guess it's the intel hd problem, but i dont know for sure. if i dont generate c and p states, it will run only in 900 mHz, but it's still hotter than in w8.1. haha. so confusing.

I use Chameleon so don't have much idea about Clover but the best power management + speedstep I get is when I generate C & P States and also supply SSDT.

When I don't supply SSDT, chameleon generates 6 states, with SSDT it generates 8 states. 

Heating can also be due to the fact that I haven't yet figured out IntelHD Graphics Power Management.

Plus, CPU speed stepping on Windows is much more gradual in nature I think since my Mac OS X jumps to max frequencies whenever I launch an app, or such which is not the case with Windows.

As for gaming, I have given up there. It's more of a Apple driver issue related to OpenGL compatibility, I guess. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hi. I successfully followed Ghostrider guide about 1st gen. intel cpu. Everything appears to work smootly but I can't running videos. I have OSX Mavericks 10.9.2. Dvd player don't work and I get a message saying there's no video device for reproduction. Now I start wondering If I really activated full intel hd graphics. My laptop is a Lenovo U550 with switchable graphics. Intel gma4500hd and ati 4300mobility hd. Any ideas about this issue? Thanks

Any solution for 10.7?

I'm sorry but you have to move to the latest version, OS X Mountain Lion or Mavericks. You will get better support for the IGPU. 10.7 or lower is not supported anymore.

Hi. I successfully followed Ghostrider guide about 1st gen. intel cpu. Everything appears to work smootly but I can't running videos. I have OSX Mavericks 10.9.2. Dvd player don't work and I get a message saying there's no video device for reproduction. Now I start wondering If I really activated full intel hd graphics. My laptop is a Lenovo U550 with switchable graphics. Intel gma4500hd and ati 4300mobility hd. Any ideas about this issue? Thanks

Intel GMA4500HD is not supported in this thread. This only for 1st Gen Intel Core i Series processors (Arrandale)

Hi everybody! I have a problem with games in 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics (QE/CI are enabled), when I play Chess I have a lot of lag, and when I play Minecraft or Myst IV I have texture bugs or black textures. 

Anybody can help me?

Thanks!

I believe this may be a problem in our kexts (power management) but I'm not sure how to fix that. I can't confirm the Minecraft problem since I don't have this in my hackintosh.

hi there, I installed iatkos ml2 on my asus n53jf with intel i5-460 and nvidia optimus with integrated intel and nvidia gt-425

I know that nvidia card isn't supported, but I found this thread for the integrated intel.

installed qe/ci drivers selecting the framebuffer lw1 for duallink subfolder

installed, reboted, stuck at ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin::start - waitforservice(resourcematching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

68.233349: ATHR: unknown locale: 60

tried other kext... no luck

You sure this is a problem with the Intel HD Graphics kext and not some other kext?

And is there anybody here that wants me to make the Intel HD Graphics 10.9.2 QE/CI package? I'm not sure if there are people that still use a 2010 computer with 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics. I already have my Gateway laptop updated and working with QE/CI. Or is everyone using Giofrida's patcher now?  

• Like 2

And is there anybody here that wants me to make the Intel HD Graphics 10.9.2 QE/CI package? I'm not sure if there are people that still use a 2010 computer with 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics. I already have my Gateway laptop updated and working with QE/CI. Or is everyone using Giofrida's patcher now?  

me.  :) i still use a 2010 computer. i have a desktop so i dont think there's no need to buy new laptop, but i do like updating new software, so yes, please make the kexts  

thanks

me.  :) i still use a 2010 computer. i have a desktop so i dont think there's no need to buy new laptop, but i do like updating new software, so yes, please make the kexts  

thanks

+1

I'm still using this specs since 10.9.1 has a lot of glitch and as a iOS developer I really appreciate if you update the driver.. Thanks :) 

• Like 1