OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

No. No part number. I just found it was part of the  ASUS P5AD2 premium bundle, the left top one.

Christ, these must come up for sale once a decade... So frustrating that there isn't a reliable source for this after so much time...

g\

• Like 1

I'm under Mavericks too, I wanted to mean since my bios update. Before under Mavericks everything was fine

Hello,

On my mobo I've got latest firmware version, I was wondering if I was the only one to have AirPlay Mirroring broken since the update ... if not could someone can give me which parameters to use to get mirroring working again with an AppleTV. thx

I'm running Yosemite and have working Airplay including mirroring.

You must use a valid smbios config for airplay, I'm using iMac13,2.

One problem I have is that my 3770k ony uses two multipliers x16 and x35 with the imac13,2 profile. Using macpro3,1 all multipliers are unlocked.

How can I fix this? Do I need to generate a SSDT?

I'm running Yosemite and have working Airplay including mirroring.

You must use a valid smbios config for airplay, I'm using iMac13,2.

i am using iMac13,2 also. There must be more to it  ... are you using a discrete graphics card or Intel HD ?

OK so I've finally got a little time to try and do a proper defaults.plist. Has anybody done an iMac13,2 SMBIOS in their default.plist that they could share with me? I've done some searching but the plist I was looking at had so much stuff in it that I doubt I need it all and I wasn't sure what I needed to change or if leaving all the extra values while changing others to iMac13,2 would screw anything up. Also, my OZ folder isn't on my boot drive EFI partition. It's on my data drive EFI partition. Can I just copy it over to the boot drive EFI? Will that cause any issues? I'm not against doing some reading if anybody could point me to a instructions on all this. The Ozmosis thread is simply too large to sift through and discern what I need and what I don't.

i am using iMac13,2 also. There must be more to it  ... are you using a discrete graphics card or Intel HD ?

I am using just my discrete card : MSI GTX770, the INTEL HD is configured with the default 1479 bios values .

For the mac specs, I'm using a Mac Pro 6,1 MLB serial number with the NVRAM to have my mac seen as a Mac Pro and it's a bit strange since before the 1479 bios it was not a matter at all to get AirMirorring working. So.. Where do you put the smbios file ? I probably missed something or did not well understood how to do, in addition to the configuration of graphics cards.

By the Way, I'am looking for a way to get iMessage working again, My project is to clone a real broken Mac : MLB + ROM, Do you know where to put the ROM value ?

Is anyone having problems with the USB3 ports (header and back plane) with Yosemite?  Every time I plug anything in (mouse, iPhone, etc. ) I get an immediate lockup and have to reset.  I don't believe I had this problem with Mavericks.  I haven't seen anything in the logs that indicates what is going on.  I've checked the System Report.  It shows the following for the USB 3.0 Super Speed bus:

Host Controller Location: Built-in USB

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCI

PCI Device ID: 0x1e31 

PCI Revision ID: 0x0004 

PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086 

Bus Number: 0x0a 

Any suggestions?  This is kind of a bummer, as I have a number of USB 3 devices, not to mention it would be nice to use the front panel connectors on my case, and not crash my system.

Edited by toastie

It should go into the Oz directory (the directory should already be there) on the EFI partition. You can use Disk Utility to mount the partition and then copy your Defaults.plist file on it

I succeed to mount the EFI volume, but all my folder are empty. Would give me the precise folder ? /Volumes/efi/EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load I guess ?

Is this what you are looking for ?

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosVersion=IM131.88Z.010A.B05.1210121459

No, in fact I'm trying to do this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?p=2060421.

Since it's a QUO Mobo, I assume that the ROM value registered in OS X is derived from the integrated LAN or Firewire Chips. So my choices : overwrite the integrated LAN and (maybe but not sure) FireWire Mac address or better Inject the cloned ROM Value somewhere. I believe it is a variant of "sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosVersion=IM131.88Z.010A.B05.1210121459", I'm getting nut to find it ! 

Has anyone used a Maxwell Chipset from NVIDIA with the latest BIOS.

Say a 980 or 970 with the QUO?

Probably have to run Yosemite and current Cuda Driver.

There are hacks working with GTX 970 .. you can see some on this site or T*-site

If you need CUDA, you will need the web drivers from Nvidia.

For OS X support you need to be at least on Yosemite. I am unsure if HDMI is gonna be working because it uses the new HDMI 2.0 protocol which I do not know if supported on OS X.

All that remains to be confirmed (i think)  is if our own H3C.1479  needs to be told anything to make it work ... that is beyond my current skill level at the moment ...

When I received my Titan back in Oct'13 it did not work with H3A.816 at the time, so I had to run a 690 until H3B.894 was released.

I know H3C.1479 has been out since the Yosemite Developers Preview launched but the 9 series weren't around.

The link on pg 15 doesn't work anymore wish I would have gotten a screen grab, they usually have the list cards that run on all the BIOS builds.

More research ...

OS Yosemite as of 10.10.2 does not provide drivers for Maxwell Based Card

The Nvidia drivers are thus required (not only for CUDA as i previously tought )

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS for Driver Release 343.01.01f03

• Model identifier should be MacPro3,1 (2008), MacPro4,1 (2009), MacPro5,1 (2010) or later
  • Mac OS X v10.10 (14A389)

Looking for more info ....

OK, I see you have windows so here is what you need to do:

1. Create bootable FAT32 DOS USB stick with http://rufus.akeo.ie/

2. Copy all files from attached zip on the stick

3. Make sure in BIOS Legacy boot is enabled!

4. Boot from USB stick(legacy not UEFI).

Once on DOS prompt type:

eeupdate /nic=1 /d lan.eep

This will write new LAN eeprom without changing existing MAC address, if you want to be pir8:

eeupdate /nic=1 /d lan.eep /MAC=XXXXXXXXXXXX

Where XXXXXXXXXXXX will be your new MAC address at your choice ;)

After this type celo then enter

If it pass all tests then you are good to go on OS X for test.

Have fun!

attachicon.gifQLAN.zip

Sorry for being OT , do you think i could flash my GB board this way without "burning" it ? 

Or would you recommend doing this only for the QUO ?

thanks for your advice

• Like 1