OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

I know that FakeSMC and the Sensors are bundled and injected by Ozomosis.  

My question is : Can I update GPUsensors only (not fakesmc)  by putting it  into S/L/E or better yet in Efi/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common/  (that would leave the install vanilla) ?

Thanks

I know that FakeSMC and the Sensors are bundled and injected by Ozomosis.  

My question is : Can I update GPUsensors only (not fakesmc)  by putting it  into S/L/E or better yet in Efi/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common/  (that would leave the install vanilla) ?

Thanks

Anything in the ESP or EFI partition which that is overrides the builtin .kext. Now I'm no expert on the idea but I think it best to do the whole package as new version of just one .kext may not work properly with older version. This is where everyone IMHO should be putting their needed .kext they load fine from there, saves the hassle of finding the space in the BIOS and it is where Apple puts their non-standard stuff for things like RAID so you are actually doing what they do with your/our installs.

The reason I am looking to do only GPUSensors is because i have a GTX 970 for which they added partial support lately in GPUSensors and  I think they did bundle a custom ACPI Sensors (i think that is the one responsible to probe the motherboard) in the Hermit Crabs BIOS so instead of reading Fan1, Fan2 ..FanX it reads Power Fan, System Fan ..

The reason I am looking to do only GPUSensors is because i have a GTX 970 for which they added partial support lately in GPUSensors and  I think they did bundle a custom ACPI Sensors (i think that is the one responsible to probe the motherboard) in the Hermit Crabs BIOS so instead of reading Fan1, Fan2 ..FanX it reads Power Fan, System Fan ..

You can give it a try but I am positive I read that the versions used are supposed to match for that acpi just look at the Info.plist that is most likely a labeling in there for it you could try copying over into the new. I know I did that on my laptop before the latest version of VoodooHDA starting working with it, I used old custom Info.plist in them until now it works OOB. Although now I think about most likely need to de-compile the BIOS/.ffs to get that but if appearances are that important to you time to give up on the idea if it will not work.

Weird when you look at the notes accompanying the BIOS you have ..

ADDED LpcSensors/CpuSensors/GpuSensors version 6.0.1290.

REPLACED SmcEmulatorKext with version 6.0.1290

But I cannot find the source for any of them ... is that another branch (not kozlek) ?

Weird when you look at the notes accompanying the BIOS you have ..

ADDED LpcSensors/CpuSensors/GpuSensors version 6.0.1290.

REPLACED SmcEmulatorKext with version 6.0.1290

But I cannot find the source for any of them ... is that another branch (not kozlek) ?

As far as I know these boys have never released the source to any of this stuff I of course stand to be corrected if anyone can provide links... This is among one of the reasons I gave up on Oz on my efi boards that and the attitude amongst the main posters on that stuff. They somehow expect you to read their minds instead of posting clear instructions dribbling out the pieces one at a time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I did. Had trouble because of GTX 970  once I figured it out all went well. I even enabled TRIM.

Hey could you go in to what you had to do to make it work. 

I have a GTX 980 and I have yet to take the plunge to re-hackintosh my latest updated build.

I have already flashed my bios with a pre-generated bios for my MB, but when it boots past post it goes straight to shell and I am not sure what to do from their.

When I try using a clover based USB installer, it recognized the boot loader, but still won't boot to an existing hack build or my installer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey could you go in to what you had to do to make it work. 

I have a GTX 980 and I have yet to take the plunge to re-hackintosh my latest updated build.

After you have upgraded to 10.10.4, boot from another drive and install the Nividia drivers for 10.10.4 with Pacifist. You could probably disable the Nvidia driver in the Control Panel before applying the update but I did not try that. If you had Nividia drivers selected (and they are from the previous version of the system) you will get a KP a boot. Because there is lot that happened at first boot I suggest you get into the Guest account first. From there, re-install the Nvidia drivers for 10.10.4 and restart.

I have already flashed my bios with a pre-generated bios for my MB, but when it boots past post it goes straight to shell and I am not sure what to do from their.

Any help would be appreciated.

Type exit .. and press Enter, it should boot into something, if not restart and press F12 after the POST beep and select the partition to boot from
  • Like 1

After you have upgraded to 10.10.4, boot from another drive and install the Nividia drivers for 10.10.4 with Pacifist. You could probably disable the Nvidia driver in the Control Panel before applying the update but I did not try that. If you had Nividia drivers selected (and they are from the previous version of the system) you will get a KP a boot. Because there is lot that happened at first boot I suggest you get into the Guest account first. From there, re-install the Nvidia drivers for 10.10.4 and restart.

Type exit .. and press Enter, it should boot into something, if not restart and press F12 after the POST beep and select the partition to boot from

Working on 10.10.4.  Switched from the Nvidia driver to the default driver, reboot.  Update to 10.10.4 and restart.  The Nvidia control panel detects that a new driver is available.  Download and install, reboot.  I use that same process every time an update comes out, and it hasn't failed yet. 

1. Turn off power via AC main switch on PSU.
2. Press and hold the ATX power switch then switch the PSU back on while still holding ATX power switch. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again.
3. Release the ATX Power switch, wait 5 secs and press it again. Backup Firmware should kick in. If not, repeat.

Could this be added to the Wiki ? ...How to invoke Backup Firmware

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WELP I'm waving the white flag and asking for help. I've been fighting with DP4 since it came out. I just can't get my hack to boot with it. I've wiped and reformatted and played with kexts and pulled out all my unnecessary components (even graphics card) and it just. Will. Not. Boot. The boot progress bar slooooowly fills up all the way to the end and just hangs there. Verbose mode gives me what you see in the pic. I know, I know, it's a beta. I don't know if it's a rootless issue or what. I'm just tired of beating my head against the wall with this problem. I guess if I have to sit on DP3 until the GM I will. Any help would be appreciated.

post-50398-0-68578900-1438936787_thumb.jpeg