OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

@smgoller can't be like that, triple checked, audio is fine, also the installer.

The only thing that can explain this is that you think that you are on 816M but you are not, and are running on oz older then 801M.

Start built-in edk shell and run bdmesg command, it will tell you on first line the ozmosis version..

@smgoller can't be like that, triple checked, audio is fine, also the installer.

The only thing that can explain this is that you think that you are on 816M but you are not, and are running on oz older then 801M.

Start built-in edk shell and run bdmesg command, it will tell you on first line the ozmosis version..

I am quite new to Hackintosh, can you tell me how to go into edk shell. 

thanks in advance for help.

I wonder how many ever started the UEFI Built-in EDK Shell..

Lets try one thing, select it from F12 boot menu, then type:

bdmesg -b

Press ENTER and the first line of text should be enough.

;)

I am quite new to Hackintosh, can you tell me how to go into edk shell. 

thanks in advance for help.

10.8.5? 10.9 is out and it's free.

Because it came out yesterday doesn't mean my computer is gonna stop working if i don't apply it right away ... and free as nothing to do with it for me.

10.8.5 has been proven to work with our QUO boards with 816M and also with real Macs . I will wait and see for 10.9 how well it goes across a myriad of devices before I do update my installation.

Do you mean http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/ ? I don't see any source code.  Of course opening it up in a reverse engineering tool is quite confusing.

It does show you which tools can dismantle the BIOS into components, then you can decide which ones to decode.

Because it came out yesterday doesn't mean my computer is gonna stop working if i don't apply it right away ... and free as nothing to do with it for me.

10.8.5 has been proven to work with our QUO boards with 816M and also with real Macs . I will wait and see for 10.9 how well it goes across a myriad of devices before I do update my installation.

You might be right to be wary. 10.9GM worked fine on my previous system (Clover based), but having installed afresh on the QUO and moved all my data over, I can't use my Sapphire Vapor-X 5770 with 2 screens, on the IGPU sleep wakes up but the screens don't, and shutdown goes into a restart loop. On top of that Mail crashes every now and then and has some usability bugs, Parallels 9 (designed for Mavericks) crashes and has screen glitches. Of course the new Mail program did a conversion on the email database so I can't easily go back to 10.8.5. Roll on 10.9.1......

Upgraded to 10.9 via the app store download, went well until I logged in.  Basically everything was fine, then i opened a few apps and the screen started turning a strange color with dots for each application I opened.  Anyone else seen this?

Just running an i7-3770K (choose 512 for video memory) with 32GB of RAM.  No PCI-x card (had to take it out for the install to start).

Thoughts? See photo (sorry for size, posting from a PC)

post-51451-0-94025300-1382574851_thumb.jpg

I updated to 10.9 from the App Store without issue. I get some graphics corruption with integrated graphics and a TB display but discreet graphics works fine with a DVI display. Really happy upgrading was mostly a non-issue.

Did you set your BIOS settings to integrated graphics only? I'm getting some graphics corruption as well

You are correct, sir. Bios updated and everything is running awesomely. Thanks again!

• Like 1

So I've got the imessage issue which I've read can be solved by going into termminal and sudo and simply paste this in with your extended serial "sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". It never works. I've tried multiple times even with Champlist and still nothing.

Also my audio isn't showing up. I've seen some have used the legacy files to get it to work. I believe I tried them already. Anyone else having luck with something different?

So I've got the imessage issue which I've read can be solved by going into termminal and sudo and simply paste this in with your extended serial "sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". It never works. I've tried multiple times even with Champlist and still nothing.

Also my audio isn't showing up. I've seen some have used the legacy files to get it to work. I believe I tried them already. Anyone else having luck with something different?

Most,

Consider placing your system specs in your signature. (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=signature)

In addition to the obvious specs, ensure that you have your firmware version and OS version.

Consider addressing the audio issue first. If you have to flash the firmware, I beleive it will reset nvram.

Have you confirmed your current firmware version via the shell? See The KiNG's recent posts.

You say you believe you tried the audio fix. Can you described how you patched the audio?

Only one sugestion, Add ALC 892 Codec with link to install pkg for audio, also check PM.

DONE! + see my BIOS version .. :) (verified via bdmesg | more)

@ all: I have to find out why the OZ bootloader isn't working via the HOME key. Screen blackens, regardless if connected via DVI or HDMI. Then default OS 10.8.5 boots.

Hitting V or Alt + V to enter verbose does not do anything.

Do I have to install the OZ bootloader separately? I thought it's included in the H3A.

BTW, after a BIOS Update, all the BIOS settings are lost .. I guess for that purpose one should save the settings to a Profile (in the past BIOS page)? Or do these saved Profiles get overwritten by a BIOS update, too? (that would be very stupid, so I hope the answer is no)

Well its the windows key not alt

ie

win + v = verbose mode

win + x = safe mode

win + s = single user mode

not sure why home key isnt working, but you can always use F12 boot manager to select which os to boot, or use startup disk selector in os x to set the boot volume.

• Like 1

My Messages didn't want to log in either, even with the baseboardserial set correctly. I found that it was only doing it with my ID, others could log in fine. I went into ~/Library/Preferences and deleted everything with imessage in it. Working flawlessly again.

Tried update to 10.9 using the App Download auto install. 10.9 seemed to load but after reboot the system still reports 10.8.5. Looks like no changes were made. I forgot to copy 10.9 installer to new folder so I am doing another 5 hour download from Apple servers. My system updated fine from 10.8.4 > 10.8.5 with this method but then I edited the Symbios with the "6.2 MAC mini hack commands" posted earlier in this thread because my I5-3570k system originally reported as a: MAC Pro (early 2008).  Could changing the Symbios affect the system's ability to auto upgrade? I am going to try a USB update to see it that makes a difference.

Upgraded from 10.8.4 Vanilla to 10.9 from AppStore without a hitch. Just re-applied legacy audio patch, and that was it.

4.2ghz OC i5 3570K with 670GTX and Samsung 840 Pro SSD.

Very happy with this setup.

Same for me. Everything seems fine as far as I can tell.

Tried update to 10.9 using the App Download auto install. 10.9 seemed to load but after reboot the system still reports 10.8.5. Looks like no changes were made. I forgot to copy 10.9 installer to new folder so I am doing another 5 hour download from Apple servers. My system updated fine from 10.8.4 > 10.8.5 with this method but then I edited the Symbios with the "6.2 MAC mini hack commands" posted earlier in this thread because my I5-3570k system originally reported as a: MAC Pro (early 2008).  Could changing the Symbios affect the system's ability to auto upgrade? I am going to try a USB update to see it that makes a difference.

Electroshock,

Consider making a USB copy of the Mavericks installer. Once downloaded to your Applications folder, take the following and replace /Volumes/Untitled with the your Flash drive's Volume Name. See Disk Utility to confirm. In Terminal, with the aforementioned changes, type:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction

I noticed that 820M is available with a note that it has fixes for the Mavericks installer. I installed directly from a flash drive copy and had not issues.

THe KiNG,

Is the latest build related to the running the Mavericks installer on the destination drive?