[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

I think that the name of BIOS file means anything only for ASUS USB BIOS Flashback technology.

I can't add a guide because it's highly vendor-specific, and I have only ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z. But I heard that there are no problems with flashing patched BIOSes on MSI boards with MSI BIOS update solutions.

AsRock Z77e-Itx Patched successful to 1.80 !

./PMPatch Z77EI1.80 ./Z77E-Patch1.80
PMPatch 0.5.10
PowerManagement modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerManagement module at 01A5A3AC patched.
AMI nest module at 00247100 patched.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 00759E08 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.
[/Code]

Confirmed working on:

MSI Z77MA-G45

MSI B75MA-P45

For anyone with an MSI board:

1) Download latest BIOS from MSI website, you should have a folder with three files.

2) Do the following in a new terminal window (change "media" to your username, you can just drag the patch and bios file in):

ScreenShot2013-02-23at111331AM_zpsbab84599.png

You will now have a patched BIOS file in the location you specified.

3) Delete original BIOS file from downloaded MSI folder, rename patched BIOS to the exact name of the original, and replace in folder.

4) Place entire folder on the root of a FAT32 USB Drive (i.e. no subfolders), and use MSI's BIOS update function in the BIOS.

5) Done!

A huge thanks to CodeRush for bringing us all one step closer to an even smoother hack!

• Like 1

@LatinMcG, you are correct, there is no need to patch Gigabyte BIOSes with this patch.

@WhatTheTech, thank you for testing. I don't have this line in my boot log, so I don't know why it presents. Is PM works normally with patched BIOS on your boards?

• Like 2

Any idea why I'm getting this when I boot?

ScreenShot2013-02-23at10325PM_zpsdad5d00f.png

Do you have some form of disabler (nullcpupowermanagement / custom kernel for example)

It seems your powermanagement doesn't get loaded...

• Like 1

Do you have some form of disabler (nullcpupowermanagement / custom kernel for example)

It seems your powermanagement doesn't get loaded...

Andy,

I just reinstalled a fresh copy of ML, with the generic extra folder from the myHack installer.

After that, I deleted the nullCPUPowerManagement.kext, repaired and restarted. Do I also have to remove AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext? What about AppleIntelPowerManagementClient.kext?

Thanks!

WTT

Andy,

I just reinstalled a fresh copy of ML, with the generic extra folder from the myHack installer.

After that, I deleted the nullCPUPowerManagement.kext, repaired and restarted. Do I also have to remove AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext? What about AppleIntelPowerManagementClient.kext?

Thanks!

WTT

The client has been introduced a while ago.

Both are required for PM to work

Hi CodeRush

This looks a great project here. Top job. :)

I see you have the Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z mobo - same as me.

Have you updated to BIOS v3603 using your tool?

After that, I deleted the nullCPUPowerManagement.kext, repaired and restarted.

Hi WhatTheTech

Did you run myHack's myfix after deleting nullCPUPowerManagement.kext from your /Extra folder?

@blackosx, no because this version sucks monkey balls. This version is full of bugs I can't recommend it to anyone. Let's wait for another version, if any. I'm using 3402 with minor modifications besides PMPatch. I can't say this version is bug-free, but it's the best from 3xxx line.

Lol.. monkey balls are bad! :)

I'm currently using 3402 and I'm very happy with it. I did have a go at patching the original ASUS BIOS myself following dgsga's guide. I learned the steps required from that guide but I ended up using the patched version from biosrepo.

Can I ask what other modifications you made to your v3402?

It is possible but it's harder then a simple patch. If I will work on it, it will be another project. I'm not a fan of do-all-you-can-imagine kind of utilities, because they are hard to code and debug.

U have me as tester if u integrate that driver.

z77x ud5h

Can I ask what other modifications you made to your v3402?

OROMs upgraded to latest versions available, descriptor lock bytes modified to standard Intel settings (ME and GbE are locked) for testing purposes.

Excuse me for being a total n00b about this, but if I patch my BIOS of my ASUS k53sc for use of native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext do I still need to have SSDT in /Extra?

And what settings should I have in org.chameleon.Boot.plist for this to work (GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates)?

Excuse me for being a total n00b about this, but if I patch my BIOS of my ASUS k53sc for use of native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext do I still need to have SSDT in /Extra?

And what settings should I have in org.chameleon.Boot.plist for this to work (GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates)?

yes u need it most of times.

i had error 18 on speedstep 2 without it on P8Z77-v LX.

DropSSDT Yes is needed.. if your SSDT has extra code ( sata or usb) then it needs to be used in a file as well next to the CPU SSDT

OROMs upgraded to latest versions available, descriptor lock bytes modified to standard Intel settings (ME and GbE are locked) for testing purposes.

Thanks for the reply CodeRush.

However I hold my hands up and acknowledge that I don't know that much about this subject, and don't know what an OROM is without research. :)

@Titokhan, thank you for testing and all your works on MDL.

@all, my trip is over, finally. I must attend CeBIT 2013 the next week, but after it I will look thru this topic once again. Please post your suggestions and/or reports, if any.

• Like 1

@Titokhan, thank you for testing and all your works on MDL.

@all, my trip is over, finally. I must attend CeBIT 2013 the next week, but after it I will look thru this topic once again. Please post your suggestions and/or reports, if any.

Great,

I hope you had a nice trip.

Welcome back :D

Code Rush

thanks a lot could you check if is it possible patch this bios

PTEC - 2

Phoenix BIOS SC-T v2.1

link here

http://www.4shared.com/file/v37Y0Y3w/phoenixtechnologiesltd-11d.html

my system is no OEM

Atom n2800 gma3600

ssd hd intel wifi

trued everything .........but kernel panic

i am sure bios is blocking something ,

thanks

congratulations for your work

Can anyone download this for me and upload to another location?

It requires registration and I don't have time to register now.

Please use attachments for this next time.