Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

using the installer a page or so back it says installation failed when i try and upgrade Clover... running 2245 and wanting to go 2264.... 

to an SSD...

The installer sometimes has problems un-mounting the EFI partition, do it manually then run the installer again. Also check it you have enough free space for the update.

• Like 1

What about Sandy Bridge CPUs. Is that automatic as well?

P-state Stepper Error 18 at step 2 ..... on CPU ....

When trying to boot a fresh installation of Maverick (done on another machine) on my GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 with i7-2600 using clover 2236  with UEFI boot.

Boot process aborts and triggers restart. Never able to boot Maverick.

[Clover set up boots 10.8.5]

Any suggestions what the problem might be?

Thanks

I get that panic when I don't have SSDT in patched folder when overclocked. Are you overclocking it?

Everytime when I put my systme to sleep then wake up, my EFI partitions are mounted. I have mountEFI=false in RtVariables.  Is there another way to get this fixed?

really? who told you that ?

56NT6.png

Its the truth, dude

Thats why its not working

en0 needs to be ethernet

Credit for this information can be found here

3. Delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

4. Delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.network.identification.plist

5. Reboot your computer.  Both the files deleted above will be automatically recreated.

6. Go back to System Preferences > Network and add your network devices, STARTING with Ethernet type as the first Ethernet interface (do not use WiFi as the first interface!).

- See more at: http://blog.waldrondigital.com/2011/10/12/apple-id-is-valid-but-is-not-an-icloud-account-on-hackintosh-fixed/#sthash.OrwUmeEt.dpuf

Hi, just switched to clover today after 4 years of using Chameleon. A page is turned and chameleon remains a great bootloader.

But.. clover is in advance and more "powerful"

I have an UEFI board ; it boots faster, really faster among others improvements.

Just a question ; with Chameleon, i inject my HD4600 dev properties via DSDT and IGP yes ; in System Profiler is shown Iris Pro (like iMac14,1)

With clover, still use the same DSDT, in config.plist "inject Intel True".. 

Is Clover overrides my DSDT injection ? 0x03,0x00,0x22,0x0d

Cause in system Profiler is shown HD4600. Yes it's correct considering i have a 4670K, but i like cosmetic things to match the closest to iMac hardware :)

Can i set Intel to false in the plist ?

Thanks.

EDIT : inject intel false, Iris Pro is back in sys profiler ; so intel injection set to no and i have a graphic injection only via DSDT, it rocks :)

• Like 1

I've installed 10.9 from scratch and my AirPort just happens to be en0, I never ever connected an ethernet cable to this machine and iMessages worked the very moment I've entered my credentials. So I'm not sure what kind of * the truth* are you referring to 

TimeWalker

Dude

This is a well known problem and its solution is damn easy

There are so many variables regarding the iMessages and iCloud problem…

Like TimeWalker, I've had it working while my ethernet was en1, 2 and 3, and once I forgot to install the kext and it was activated just fine without ethernet. There are many things that may affect the activation but the ethernet on en0 is not a requirement, at least not for everyone.

post-158318-0-73313100-1383431595_thumb.png

Slice

In case if you were wondering, yes, Clover can be used on a real Mac

On my 27 inch iMac right now via Clover boot

I have nothing in my config.plist but "time out". I have no efi drivers installed. No fixes. Nothing. Just straight clover.

And it works

Slice

I have nothing in my config.plist but "time out". I have no efi drivers installed. No fixes. Nothing. Just straight clover.

And it works

Question - why would you want to run Clover on a real mac?

Slice

And it works

I know very long before.

Mac compatibility rev.981 10.01.2013

Because Macs pre-2011 don't allow booting MBR USB sticks, and rEFIt and rEFInd can't boot them either

I knew there were compatibility issues, but my 2009 mac pro runs Sun Solaris, with Atto drivers so its no longer a Mac i guess although still looks good.

I try to create a bootable cd With this Clover2k-2236-X64.iso  

on my mobos GA Z87X UD5H 

I recive an error just before loading kernel Error 0x7  

​and after I receive Error loading all Extensions Error reading :blush:

on my Probook  I dont have this Issue  :( boot fine on the Installer  

Whats wrong ?

I try to create a bootable cd With this Clover2k-2236-X64.iso  

on my mobos GA Z87X UD5H 

I recive an error just before loading kernel Error 0x7  

​and after I receive Error loading all Extensions Error reading :blush:

on my Probook  I dont have this Issue  :( boot fine on the Installer  

Whats wrong ?

Fix my Issue With Ext dvd righter  :P  :lol:

When trying to boot a fresh installation of Maverick (done on another machine) on my GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 with i7-2600 using clover 2236  with UEFI boot.

Boot process aborts and triggers restart. Never able to boot Maverick.

[Clover set up boots 10.8.5]

Any suggestions what the problem might be?

Thanks

Problem solved: added  DropOEM = true and Generate SSDT=true

Thanks, pokenguyen!

Hey guys, I'm getting this error when trying to build the latest clover:

Running on Mac OS X 10.9, with x86_64 architecture.
  Using Xcode SDK: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk
/Users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower-master/Files/buildgcc.sh: line 505: archBIT: unbound variable
CloverGrower V6.08 GCC4.8.1 build process...  ERROR!!

Can anyone provide any insight?

Hi guys, in the website clover-wiki under the boot section it is possible to activate a function to increase boot speed, is explained only in this way: "only search for SATA0 drivers (9 seconds difference)" ( http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Boot ).

About me explain this better?

If the argument has already been dealt sorry but there are too many pages to read.

Thank you.