Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

Hi @Jief_Machak

Thanks for updating sub-module to pre-release OC 0.8.2 🙂 About Openruntime.efi, what is the correct name: Openruntime.efi only or I have to use Openruntime-v12.efi or a new version will be create into the code like Openruntime-v13.efi for example.

Let me know, please.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

If that means we will get PRs that won’t be DoA, sure :)

Oh oh, your challenge wasn't about PRs. It was about having, I quote "technical discussion about every single point", so you can prove that OC was superior on all aspects.

I thought maybe you had grown up a little...

I was and I'm still wondering why you are following this forum. If it's not about pointing out mistakes and help finding solution, you're welcome.

PS : OC waited enough to re-implement the idea I proposed in that PR. Is it so they can not give credit ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I quote "technical discussion about every single point", so you can prove that OC was superior on all aspects.

I don't remember the context. The first thing sounds like something I'd say, the second sounds out of context because there is no point in discussing just the obvious. I'd guess either I wanted to tease you to send PRs or I was explaining something doesn't satisfy sane standards and may require improvement (either for PR'ing, because I falsely expected upstream contributions, or just for the sanity of your users). I understood you are not interested in improving the technical foundation long ago and left you to it. Perhaps we can stop throwing random, unrelated banter at each other some day, perhaps not...

If it's not about pointing out mistakes and help finding solution, you're welcome.

I'm not sure why I'd need your welcoming, but you can scroll back and see how I hinted to your users how they could (theoretically) install Ventura. The more feedback we get for the AvoidRuntimeDefrag quirk, from OC or Clover, the better. This benefits both teams. Whether that is in your personal interest is not of much concern to me, this neither requires your cooperation nor your approval.

Is it so they can not give credit ?

I remember when apianti insisted to be credited for something that boils down to "do it like Apple" (kext prelinking, specifically). Fun times. You can get your credit when you're ready to work. You can even get a fancy team tag. Open arms for productive folks. ;)

If you're desperate, we could trade credits for this: https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/OpenCorePkg/commit/8aa646b4470e9480abd16a3aadf79cfc814073d4

(To prevent further misunderstandings, this was sarcasm solely to point out how ridiculous this claim is, both generally and in everyone's practice)

I did not post here to interact with you, so you can either throw a pointless fuss every time you see one of my posts, or you can conduct your own business and I will conduct mine. And if your business benefits both of us, all the better. ;)

• Like 1

Guest 5T33Z0

This I225-V Kernel patch crashes Catalina in Clover. I don't know why. Works fine in OpenCore. Here's the entry:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>I225-V patch</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>8hUAAA==</data>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.15.x</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelI210Ethernet</string>
				<key>Procedure</key>
				<string>__Z18e1000_set_mac_typeP8e1000_hw</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>8xUAAA==</data>
			</dict>

Do I need to add data into any other fields?

210049935_Bildschirmfoto2022-06-20um19_16_57.png.6cd464916b3ea81d53a5ceee8a279461.png

Edited by 5T33Z0

On 6/19/2022 at 6:57 PM, Jief_Machak said:

There was 2 commits I wasn't completely sure. One is about SetApfsTrimTimeout, and the other is about patching cpu info for AMD. Let me know.

Does the SetApfsTrimTimeout quirk was implemented too in commit 48be659? If not, could you share one that includes both AvoidRuntimeDefrag fix and this one?

Thanks for the great job 🙂

hey @Jief_Machak thank you for your work, your Clover runs perfectly ventura on my Z390 

but on my Z170 (skylake) no way

i' give you my prebootlog if it can help.

it's stop on couldn't alloc AppleKeyStroretest

kexts are up to date

i tried with SkylakeInjector.kext : nothing more

thank you 

prebootlog.rtf.zip

Edited by odemolay

22 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

About Openruntime.efi, what is the correct name: Openruntime.efi only or I have to use Openruntime-v12.efi or a new version will be create into the code like Openruntime-v13.efi for example.

Clover will prefer „OpenRuntime-v12“ over other drivers containing „OpenRuntime“ for the time being [1] (but if you only have one, that doesn’t matter). It’s actually not that obvious whether or not just any name will work, at the very least you will lose a Clover-side safety check by deviating too much [2]. With Clover, it’s safest to stick to the „factory names“.

[1] https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/blob/48be65956e3dae7110bf9edf7e04c05ce3567c60/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.cpp#L1967

[2] https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/blob/48be65956e3dae7110bf9edf7e04c05ce3567c60/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/main.cpp#L1281

• Like 1

Guest 5T33Z0
10 hours ago, odemolay said:

hey @Jief_Machak thank you for your work, your Clover runs perfectly ventura on my Z390 

but on my Z170 (skylake) no way

i' give you my prebootlog if it can help.

it's stop on couldn't alloc AppleKeyStroretest

kexts are up to date

i tried with SkylakeInjector.kext : nothing more

thank you 

prebootlog.rtf.zip 13.27 kB · 0 downloads

How up to date are your kexts? You need nightly builds not the release versions. You can get precompiles kext from Dortania's build repo:

AvoidRuntimeDefrag needs to be enabled.

Did you disable/remove the GTX750 from your Z170 build and enable on-board graphics?

For spoofing Kabylake graphics you need a specific variant of Whatevergreen and SMBIOS has to be changed. Here's a guide to set it up in Clover: https://github.com/5T33Z0/Clover-Crate/tree/main/Graphics/Skylake_Spoofing_macOS13

Edited by 5T33Z0

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Only spoofing (device-id + ig-platform-id) + correct variant of WEG should suffice; the injector approach was abolished due to issues rising from inability to boot into macOS 13 recovery/installer + missing HDMI/DP audio.

Guest 5T33Z0

@aben

1. The Whatevergreen variant in my guide is the same one you are referring to. I was the one telling you about it – and you ddin't believe me – until PMheart corrected you.

2. Someone created a pull request  to have this injector kext added. Since I can't test this guide I have to trust people when they contribute something.

But thanks for the info, I will remove it.

Edited by 5T33Z0

hello gentlemen, sorry to have created tension about WEG

the point is : I can make run Ventura, without any change in my iMacPro 1,1 Smbios, just with the last dortania's kexts since the 11th of June. with OC 082

no spoofing/ skylakekext

BUT I use clover and I love Clover , I'm old school sorry... I'm borne in the 70's... @Jief_Machak @Slice ...... all

AND I want to use clover with my Skylake, but it's still doesn't work, I have suggestion, do you think the issue came from the way I did install Ventura i.e. with OC 082 ?

because the verbose tells about disk6... SSD...1079861131_Capturedcran2022-06-2120_12_49.thumb.png.2a30e92b4a4d749647be42cc482c9a06.png

is there someone who succed with clover and a skylake ?

thank you all again 

Edited by odemolay

2 hours ago, odemolay said:

hello gentlemen, sorry to have created tension about WEG

the point is : I can make run Ventura, without any change in my iMacPro 1,1 Smbios, just with the last dortania's kexts since the 11th of June. with OC 082

no spoofing/ skylakekext

BUT I use clover and I love Clover , I'm old school sorry... I'm borne in the 70's... @Jief_Machak @Slice ...... all

AND I want to use clover with my Skylake, but it's still doesn't work, I have suggestion, do you think the issue came from the way I did install Ventura i.e. with OC 082 ?

because the verbose tells about disk6... SSD...1079861131_Capturedcran2022-06-2120_12_49.thumb.png.2a30e92b4a4d749647be42cc482c9a06.png

is there someone who succed with clover and a skylake ?

thank you all again 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9b9160bc28106b333ae3f03a40c8d761.png

I feel like Calimero, very sad with my skylake, I tried a new installation of ventura with clover directly, thinking that there had been an installation problem with OC082. but after 3 reboots, still the same error : couldn't Alloc "AppleKeyStoreTeste" like when I try to boot Ventura already installed
I don't see if you have any idea...

img_9010.jpg
Edited by odemolay
  • Sad 1

good Pfff it was laborious, but it's finally also ok with my skylake Z170 under Clover thank you @polyzargone for your advice! 😘

I ended up getting there by taking the Quirks/plist settings from Oralia @MaLd0n 👏 Z100/200 by placing my ssdt/kexts and BootArgs there and modifying 2-3 settings

and here it is in Beta2 which struggles a bit with the multi screen but adjusts itself after 3-4 seconds:  in addition the name of the proc has returned

no spoofing kabylake at all with the last WEG (8 hours ago)

captur60.png

• Like 3

Anyone has a Kaby Lake-R system with UHD 620? 
For me the installer is freezing, looks like when it is trying to load the graphics. Strange, because I even tried with -igfxvesa and it is still halting at the same line.

It is an X1 Carbon 6th notebook with i7-8650U CPU

WEG is 1.6.0 (the latest commits), and with the Latest Clover commits. Didn't change anything in my cfg

61E62FF0-CBF9-42D7-841A-D61C740E3AC0.jpeg

Edited by kushwavez
  • Sad 1

On 6/24/2022 at 5:43 AM, odemolay said:

good Pfff it was laborious, but it's finally also ok with my skylake Z170 under Clover thank you @polyzargone for your advice! 😘

I ended up getting there by taking the Quirks/plist settings from Oralia @MaLd0n 👏 Z100/200 by placing my ssdt/kexts and BootArgs there and modifying 2-3 settings

and here it is in Beta2 which struggles a bit with the multi screen but adjusts itself after 3-4 seconds:  in addition the name of the proc has returned

captur60.png

Mind Sharing Your EFI?

On 6/23/2022 at 10:43 PM, odemolay said:

captur60.png

Explain please a little more for those who encounter the same problem. Upload this config (without serials), what kexts and boot-args.