Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,887 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

The latest Opencorepkg source can't work directly, because OC sub-module is integrating specifics patchs for Clover.

Please @Slice @Jief_Machak Could you update OC sub-module ASAP ! Thanks for those who want to test Ventura DP 1

Sorry I rest on sea beach now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

The latest Opencorepkg source can't work directly, because OC sub-module is integrating specifics patchs for Clover.

Tbh if the OC snapshot is not ancient or badly abused, cherry-picking the new commits should work without conflicts, the changes are all "internal" to the unchanged APIs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, polyzargone said:

@Download-Fritz

IIRC, we just have to pick OpenRuntime.efi from latest commit of OC 0.8.2 and drop it into /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder?

Well, it doesn't work 😔.

@polyzargone, You can try to pick OpenRuntime.efi from latest commit of OC 0.8.2, rename it to Openruntime-v12.efi and drop it into  into /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder. Let me know if it's working.

I prefer personally waiting Slice and Jief new commits, before testing Ventura Beta.

• Like 1

@Matgen84

Nope, didn't work. Thanks anyway.

@Hervé

I was also able to install Ventura on my Latitude 7470 thanks to your bootpack posted on OSXLatitude with Clover r5146 and AvoidRuntimeDefrag set to No (plus some customization to suit my needs and using HEVC fix_SKL set of kexts). But the system freezes after a while. I've experienced the sames issue on my 7490 and it has been fixed as soon as I re-enabled AvoidRuntimeDefrag using OC 0.8.2.

I'd really like to use Clover but we can't enable AvoidRuntimeDefrag at the moment because of the OpenRuntime.efi not being fully integrated (I guess).

• Like 1

The freezes only occur when AvoidRuntimeDefrag is disabled. While enabled with OC, the system runs pretty good and is quite stable. I'm running the 7470 since a few hours now with no issue.

So it's definitively an issue with AvoidRuntimeDefrag not being enabled in Clover.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, polyzargone said:

The freezes only occur when AvoidRuntimeDefrag is disabled. While enabled with OC, the system runs pretty good and is quite stable. I'm running the 7470 since a few hours now with no issue.

So it's definitively an issue with AvoidRuntimeDefrag not being enabled in Clover.

We must waiting that Slice and Jief update Clover as I said before, some post ago. To solve this problem. Slice know it since June 11th 🙂

• Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 7:51 PM, polyzargone said:

@Download-Fritz

IIRC, we just have to pick OpenRuntime.efi from latest commit of OC 0.8.2 and drop it into /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder?

Well, it doesn't work 😔.

Of course not, OpenRuntime wasn’t really changed in the first place. You could try to cherry-pick the related commits and apply them to Clover‘s fork, as I said. Otherwise wait for whoever feels responsible for updating Clover, I guess.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

Of course not, OpenRuntime wasn’t really changed in the first place. You could try to cherry-pick the related commits and apply them to Clover‘s fork, as I said. Otherwise wait for whoever feels responsible for updating Clover, I guess.

Should be quite easy I suppose, even for a noob like myself :)

I did download the source and managed to compile it one time unmodified. Then I took down the changed OC files that was fixing the AvoidRuntimeDefrag issue and re-compiled. I then got some weird GIT error in the build script that I couldn't resolve. I thought it was just to re-copy the modified OC source files and re-compile, but apparently not. Can you give me any hints on what I might need to do?

32 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Hi @Slice I just telling you  Clover revision: 5137 (master, commit cc561f87d) working great for macOS Ventura 13 :lol: 

Installed on External SSD for making my test:moil:

Everything's work perfectly 

593904443_ScreenShot2022-06-18at4_41_32PM.thumb.png.5faac7eb76b8fdb69c970efb31544bb6.png

Small video

Clover Ventura13.mov 26.38 MB · 0 downloads  

:hysterical:  I confirm I still had an EFI 5137 saved on Google Drive, I just replaced the old kexts ... you are a great ... thx 

282340716_Schermata2022-06-18alle23_19_00.thumb.png.60b69ddd9a093d7c3393fb1e40a63c4d.png

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

I confirm I still had an EFI 5137 saved on Google Drive, I just replaced the old kexts ... you are a great ... thx 

Yea it boot Extremely fast on my HP Prodesk 600 G1  about 3, 4 seconds :hysterical:

screenshot1.thumb.png.1e726c99469fd63358b474e8c5d5b177.png

• Haha 1

where can i find Clover-5137-X64? I have been searching the web without success in the morning ... :(

13 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Hi @Slice I just telling you  Clover revision: 5137 (master, commit cc561f87d) working great for macOS Ventura 13 :lol: 

Installed on External SSD for making my test:moil:

Everything's work perfectly 

593904443_ScreenShot2022-06-18at4_41_32PM.thumb.png.5faac7eb76b8fdb69c970efb31544bb6.png

Small video

where can i find Clover-5137-X64? I have been searching the web without success in the morning ... :(

23 minutes ago, morfy said:

I wrote you on macosx86

In case someone else needs it ... Clover -5137-EFI.zip

I save for a while the old EFI online , there are already both the drivers and the updated kexts ready for Ventura  (if someone doesn't use it, remove it, or if someone is missing you can add it) Add your ACPIs. .. what is important is your plist 😆

32 minutes ago, morfy said:

Did you look official github repo?

Guest 5T33Z0

@antuneddu Definitely missing the zipped binary version.

And how about a changelog?

"Made in Monterey, made for Monterey" is not helpful!

Edited by 5T33Z0