Bootdisk Utility

cvad
241 posts in this topic

May be you have problems connecting to SF, try to download the latest BDU-ready clover distr package CloverISO-3378.zip from the list of <Additional Packages>

i tried but it isnt able to read local repo, hence every thing is useless. Cant i increase timeout?

i tried but it isnt able to read local repo, hence every thing is useless. Cant i increase timeout?

Its not usefull. If you're ready to test, If you have time and energy to test, I can give you a debug version of the program.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
For download the latest macOS Recovery HD Update we need to change download link in BootDiskUtility.ini:

[Download Settings]
; The maximum number of attempts to resume downloading files: 9999 - max value
ResumeMaxAttemptsNumber = 9999
; URL for Download Latest Apple SUCatalog: Regular|Developer|Beta | Developer - Default
; Regular:
; SUCatalogURL=https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog
; Developer:
; SUCatalogURL=https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.12seed-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog
; Beta:
; SUCatalogURL=https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.12beta-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog
SUCatalogURL = https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.12seed-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog

• 4 weeks later...

cvad, quick question.

I have a weird working laptop that seems to be able to only boot from the main hard drive. nothing else boots, no matter what i change on the bios.

Anyway, i have a UEFI/GPT Winodws 10 on it, with the usual Windows 10 GPT layout (non-standard, EFI is 2nd partition, and just 100MB). While i have managed to create an installer on the disk itself, it successfully injected the Windows Boot Manager to the UEFI boot list.

So, i grabbed a Clover ISO and copied it's content on the EFI partition where the windows boot manager is, however, it is not detected (remember, whatever i change in bios, it doesnt stick).

I was thinkinh, can BDU somehow detect internal EFI partition and actually load Clover there (very optionally) and also inject UEFI entries through Windows? It seems there is no way to get Clover on the boot list.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new to this subject but from what I have read BDUtility.exe seems the right tool for the problem I'm trying to solve, installing Win10 UEFI on a BIOS system via using Clover to run the Win10 install in UEFI mode, and continuing to use Clover to boot from a GPT disk in UEFI mode after installation (correct me if this won't work).  However after creating the bootable USB (8 GB SD card in a USB reader), it hangs as soon as the BIOS tries to boot from the reader.  The specific motherboard is:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3449#ov

I am hoping it is not simply an incompatibility and Clover will never boot.  I hope I am just using BDUtility incorrectly.  I did not try to put any OS image on the second partition -- I just want to be able to get to the Clover boot menu to be able to select the install media to install from, then later to be able to select the target drive to actually boot.

I don't have easy access to a Mac so chose this utility as the simplest way to make a BIOS-bootable Clover USB drive.  I didn't change any of the default options, just clicked Format Drive, then did not take any other steps within the utility, just unplugged the drive and tried to boot the target machine with it.  Am I missing something?

Normally one would do this to install Windows on a drive > 2 TB; although I have two such drives and plan on installing them in this machine, the main reason is that I am trying to use this M.2 SSD as a boot drive (formatted GPT):

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/products/flash-storage/client-ssd/MZHPV256HDGL?ia=831

The drive is well under 2TB in size, and it is the AHCI model (legacy OS compatible, not NVMe), but even so the BIOS does not recognize it, as apparently it is missing legacy boot code from its option ROM or something, and is only visible to UEFI systems at boot time.

Any alternative ideas of how to accomplish this simple goal -- boot Win10 from that drive on that motherboard -- would be appreciated as well.  My research seemed to indicate using BDUtility.exe + Clover would be the most straightforward solution, but maybe it isn't.

UPDATE: Finally have seen the Clover menu on this machine -- by booting from a DVD burnt with a Clover ISO.  However it only booted when BIOS was set to use "non-EFI" mode for CD-ROM boot; EFI mode boot hangs just like USB, so probably if there was a way to boot the USB drive in "non-EFI" mode, that would work too, but alas there is no option.  Unfortunately even when the Clover menu shows, there are no boot options, and adding a menu item doesn't work, nor does booting from file, when a Win10 bootable USB is plugged in; Clover seems to see no bootable devices.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Trying to use this to install El Capitan 10.11.6 on an Acer Aspire 5315. How do I make it see the hard drive? Disk Utility only shows two disk images and the two USB drives, one with Clover (booted from it) and the one with El Capitan, which I used a friend's Mac to make because nothing I tried would make it bootable using Windows.

Chipset is Intel 965 Express. I upgraded the CPU to a 64bit Core 2 Duo.

Trying to use this to install El Capitan 10.11.6 on an Acer Aspire 5315. How do I make it see the hard drive? Disk Utility only shows two disk images and the two USB drives, one with Clover (booted from it) and the one with El Capitan, which I used a friend's Mac to make because nothing I tried would make it bootable using Windows.

Chipset is Intel 965 Express. I upgraded the CPU to a 64bit Core 2 Duo.

Hi, Galane.

Please move Your question to the appropriate forum topic.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Test_DL_Clover3994.png

Thank you , Cvad !!

It must be an issue related to my PC ... and windows XP ...

I will try to find out why i get http error on downloading ...

I get "Error Sending HTTP request to the server" ....

sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

Thank you , Cvad !!

It must be an issue related to my PC ... and windows XP ...

I will try to find out why i get http error on downloading ...

I get "Error Sending HTTP request to the server" ....

sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

For Windows XP:

Open IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced and scroll to bottom of list.

The SSL and TLS options (all versions) should be checked.

This should help.

• 3 months later...

Hello cvad,

I allowed myself to hijack your install to adapt it to chamelon Rpc Cpu because clover does not want to run on clover directly, I do not find the cause, if you have an idea of the cause of this problem, it will be The welcome for the cpu type user, virtual clover on vtbx remains able to work on this cpu.

Thank you for understanding and your help.

cordially.

this video and screen vtbx :)

201786Capture.png

• 5 months later...

I used this software to allow booting a PCI-e hard drive on a motherboard that doesn't allow it (AM3+).  I've looked all around and nobody had assembled all the steps in one place. The final leap I needed to make was to use some drivers I found posted and put them in this Clover USB drive. 

Here are my steps. 

Download BootDiskUtility.exe.

Iinstall. Under Options/Configuration install the Clover options, not Windows or XPC

Then get these drivers:

Specifically, these two:
Then put them alongside the other efi drivers on the USB stick, I believe in the EFI\Drivers folder, but I'm not looking at the drive right now (it's at home) - it was obvious when I did it. Lots of efis in there. 

When clover boots you'll see a PILE of drives (I saw like 7 or 8). My assumption is that's b/c of all the drivers in that folder. Just pick one that say EFI one and try it. Once you find the drive you want, clover will default to that the next time so you'll not have to worry about it again. 

Oh, I should note that I was able to install Windows 10 onto that PCI-e drive just by using a Windows 10 install USB. Windows 10 usbs can see PCI-e, it was just my motherboard that can't. Thus, you don't need any fancy dual usb boot business. Just put the PCI-e drive in, boot the Windows 10 installer USB, install it. PUll that USB, put in this Clover one and you're off to the races.