cvad

Bootdisk Utility

206 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Update 27.10.12:

r1082 bootloaders:

• CloverRev = "r804a" (debug rev.)
  • ChameleonRev = "r2064"

With this app would people still have to access to OSX to convert a Mountain Lion image to USB?

Thanks. NSCXP2005

BdU was created for new hackintosh users only to simplify the installation of a latest revolutionary bootloader Clover to the flash drive.

More information can be found in the appropriate forum topic.

Hi,

I tried BDU but can't see anything on my screen after the initial countdown. My monitor complains about the resolution; says it must be something like "1900x600". How can I fix this? Thanks.

Hi, supaJ.

Configure the Clover boot loader is discussed in the appropriate forum - Clover General discussion.

Update: BDUtility.exe v2.0.2013rev.120b

• Fixed the application error when restoring a partition, if you select the entire disk.
  • Allowed recovery partition on a non-USB drive (MBR disks only).
  • Miinor improvements.

Hi, supaJ.

Configure the Clover boot loader is discussed in the appropriate forum - Clover General discussion.

Update: BDUtility.exe v2.0.2013rev.120b

• Fixed the application error when restoring a partition, if you select the entire disk.
  • Allowed recovery partition on a non-USB drive (MBR disks only).
  • Miinor improvements.

well i created the usb as directed but how to change between clover and chamaleon

well i created the usb as directed but how to change between clover and chamaleon

In the root directory of the usb disk are numbered boot files.

When you boot the usb and a line flashes for 3 seconds in the upper left of the screen press...

• boot (Clover 64bit-default) - no key
  • boot2 (Chameleon) - 2
  • boot3 (Clover 32bit - in the last Clover revisions - not included) - 3
  • boot6 (Clover 64bit - the same default) - 6

Sorry but i have numbered them by myself

• boot (Clover 64bit-default) - no key
  • boot1 (Chameleon) - 1
  • boot2 (Chimera) - 2
  • boot3 (Clover 32bit - in the last Clover revisions - not included) - 3
  • boot6 (Clover 64bit - the same default) - 6
  • boot8 (Grub) - 8
  • boot9 (XPC) - 9

Trying to use this utility under Windows 8 64-bit. Keep getting an error cant open disk. Is this not compatible with Win 8?

Its compatible

Run as administrator!

Its compatible

Run as administrator!

Did so, always comes up saying error accessing said disk. Even tried to clean diskutil and re-write a new fat32 FS. Either something is accessing it in the background (which I cant find) and the OS isnt releasing it or there is some compatibility issue. o.O

Did so, always comes up saying error accessing said disk. Even tried to clean diskutil and re-write a new fat32 FS. Either something is accessing it in the background (which I cant find) and the OS isnt releasing it or there is some compatibility issue. o.O

Very strange. Some program does not relieve the drive for exclusive access. Maybe this is the virus protection program.

r156b:

• Install/UnInstall BootCamp v4.0.2.0 HFS+ ReadOnly Driver
  • Extract HFS(HFS+) partition from DMG-files
  • Miinor improvements.