ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51 Ultrabook - fixes, mods, tweaks, etc

nhart12

1,056 posts in this topic

Alright so I found someone to make the connectors if anyone is still interested. It is kinda expensive though $7 dollars each +shipping and handling. The shipping was $25 and the handling was $10 so the total was $49. Kinda funny that it cost more to ship it. I ordered two to test, should be here in about 3 weeks so I will test then.

For now I get wifi all over my house with taped on connectors.

Alright so I found someone to make the connectors if anyone is still interested. It is kinda expensive though $7 dollars each +shipping and handling. The shipping was $25 and the handling was $10 so the total was $49. Kinda funny that it cost more to ship it. I ordered two to test, should be here in about 3 weeks so I will test then.

For now I get wifi all over my house with taped on connectors.

Still interested, although it def. doesn't seem like they are going to be in before I leave, which probably means I would have come up with a solution by then.

Very sad that it's going to take the much just to ship a little piece of cable. I briefly looked for an adapter--seriously, wouldn't it be better to solder a jack to a connect?--but didn't see anything. I presume this thing is going to be a pig-tail?

I reinstalled my hackintosh and all apple services, like mac appstore imessages, icloud actualy works with my atheros AR5B195 AR3011

Actualy the last things that not working on my ux32VD are

ELANTECH 4.0 trackpad (soon :) )

Geforce 620 gtm (no hope :P )

Cardreader (no hope :P )

some fn keys

my c& p states are working with chameleon and my sound works when i quit the sleep mode

They said they couldn't use W.Fl but informed me that ipex3 is the same. So it is an ipex3 male at one end and an ipex pigtail (supposedly same as u.fl) on the other. So I hope it works I will let you know..

Thomas:

For sound after sleep use the mountain lion kext here I think it's the one I used.. http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1970-fix-for-audio-issue-after-sleep-in-alc269/page__pid__14335#entry14335

The alc 269 audio in our laptop is a little different than the standard one so I had to patch appleHda kext from scratch following one of that guys guides. I forget what node eapd is at so let me know if that doesn't work.. My audio works after sleep but like he states in that thread there are issues with the headphone jack.

Does your ar3011 Bluetooth work after sleep? If not I found a kext that fixed that as well I can link it to you if you need

They said they couldn't use W.Fl but informed me that ipex3 is the same. So it is an ipex3 male at one end and an ipex pigtail (supposedly same as u.fl) on the other. So I hope it works I will let you know..

Yeah, that's about right. This site is pretty cool--you guys may have posted about it before:

http://www.rfcoaxcab...xial_cable.html

I asked the eBay vendor in HK who is sending me the WiFi card to see if he can just send me two sets of the plug/receptacle, or even better a surface mounted W.FL/IPX III on a test board onto which I can solder the U.FL pigtail. I'm pretty sure the connectors will fit, just a question of matching impedance.

Thomas:

For sound after sleep use the mountain lion kext here I think it's the one I used.. http://forum.osxlati...4335#entry14335

The alc 269 audio in our laptop is a little different than the standard one so I had to patch appleHda kext from scratch following one of that guys guides. I forget what node eapd is at so let me know if that doesn't work.. My audio works after sleep but like he states in that thread there are issues with the headphone jack.

Does your ar3011 Bluetooth work after sleep? If not I found a kext that fixed that as well I can link it to you if you need

Best if you put it in the first article? I'm going to need it as well, probably, as mine comes with an ar3011.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390495356352?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Yeah, that's about right. This site is pretty cool--you guys may have posted about it before:

http://www.rfcoaxcab...xial_cable.html

I asked the eBay vendor in HK who is sending me the WiFi card to see if he can just send me two sets of the plug/receptacle, or even better a surface mounted W.FL/IPX III on a test board onto which I can solder the U.FL pigtail. I'm pretty sure the connectors will fit, just a question of matching impedance.

Best if you put it in the first article? I'm going to need it as well, probably, as mine comes with an ar3011.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

That is actually the company that is making the cables...

I will post the kext once I locate it again.. Know its somewhere.

Ya I didn't even think about that. I just wanted to make sure they worked before recommending to you guys. But if your willing to risk it they said it takes 2-3 weeks for an order so I can add 2 more if you want. Anyone else? When they get here (Florida) I'll pass them along

The thing I'm worried about is that the connector in our laptop does anyone know for sure it is in fact a W.FL pigtail?

Edit: never mind they said the shipping date is the 11th a lot quicker than they originally said so probably too late to add to the order

Dear friend,

Please help me with VGA-out + HDMI out . The situation is following:

VGA-out not working at all (using kext provided in 1st post)

HDMI-out working good, but only 1600x1200 is available and color not perfect

Please help to finish best hackintosh

PS Also line-in audio not working, maybe you have some solution too ?

Thank you !

Dear friend,

Thank you !

I didn't even know this had a line in I will look into it..

As for HDMI and VGa, are you using my DsDt? And are you injecting Hd4000 any other way?

As for HDMI and VGa, are you using my DsDt? And are you injecting Hd4000 any other way?

Friend,

Yes, there is a line-in (have a look at image below):

nrITW91QxzStRy8s_500.jpg

Truly, i don't really know, what you are talking about - there was a topic with injecting EFI string to chameleon file + string to DSDT file, but don't cleary understand all what people say there. Only DSDT using you provided, no other methods of injecting are exist in hackintosh

Well, the DSDT is the same, as the file topic files in Extra.zip.

Please provide a solution or a way to solve it.

Thank you and have a good day !

//Vladimir

Our jacks have stereo and microphone capabilities. Thus, if you plug in a headset (i.e., headphone+mic), the mic should work for stuff like Skype, etc. I have a headset from my Samsung Epic 4G phone, and it worked on my Dell laptop. I guess Vladimir is referring to that as the line in:

http://guide-images.ifixit.net/igi/TTjUKDDbvTlHwyqS

(yes, the image is for the UX32VD, but I saw the same jack configuration on my UX21A...

Hello. i'm french and i folow this topic since 2weeks

mine ux32vd has a dual boot windows 7 / ml. it will work with any OS

Whats work :

_USB network adapter

_Bluetooth (done a network connection with my iphone)

_intel HD4000 & brightness

_audio

_battery metter

_trackpad as a mouse

_keyboard remapped

_usb

_sleep

FN key for wifi and sleep, pause for increase brightness only,

Not working:

My english language ;)

All apple apps with a apple id (cannot connect).

Wifi HDMI, GT 620 M (nvidia chip detected on pci card) multitouch and some FN keys like sound touchpad & keyboad backlight

created 2 part on the 256 gb: 200 & 50 g

installed w7 on the first one, this created a 100 mb part for the bootmgr

installed on the second mountain lion

boot on m.l with the install key boot loader (-x flag) & install chameleon 2.1 patched on the ML part

http://www.mediafire...8a2f3v3obsksbjj

The bios of the asus boot on the SSD, launch chamelon bootloader that detects alls yours parts & propose to boot on ML windows ubuntu and any other os you have on your computer

installed kext founds ont the first post and (deleted geforce.kext & iobluetoothfamilly kext (cause i have a UX32VD))

Patched a dsdt, got sound and battery metter

instert the hex line code found ont the firts topic and got intel hd4000

Boot on the 100 Mb part launch windows.

display the 100 mb part in windows by atribute that a drive letter and copied bootmgr & other files files from 100 mb to 200 gb C:

deleted the 100 mb part with the windows tool for parts

reboot on OSX or Windows

On OSX i got bluetooth by replacing IOBluetooth familly kext in SLE folder (idk why it needed to delete)

info: alls my kext are in SLE

hop it'll helps someone, if you have any question or ideas for me.

Hi !! I'm french too, Hi everybody !

quel model du 32UXVD as tu ? : r4002v / r4002x / r3001v ?

I have the r3001v

j'ai suivi tes post sur d'autre forums apparement tu avais un problème avec l'affichage au 2 eme démarage, si tu veux je peux t'envoyer

mes Extra/SLE afin de tester si tu as la mm version que moi

Have a nice day !

Bonne soirée !

Dear friend,

Thank you !

I might have to repatch apple HDA for the line in issue..

As for the VGA and HDMI out issue, i cant really help you further on that.. I've followed so many threads and enabled mine by endless trial and error and it still doesn't work right with certain adapters.. there is lots of info on the HD4000 floating around so you might have to do the same..

Anyone try this for their Fn keys yet?

http://forum.osxlati...asus-notebooks/

Not sure if DSDT from the first post has to be changed to remove the fixes added previously.

It enables the volume fn keys for me

I use Proxi to script FN keys on my Asus N53S. There was no way to get it working via dsdt, but I found this solution very satisfactory. Let me know if you need any sample scripts.

[uPDATE] - Turns out Proxi is unsupported and doesn't work on ML. Searching for new software now.

[uPDATE] - Using Keyboard Maestro now. It's even better than Proxi!

Also, I am not going to try to figure out how to get WIFI working. Instead, I ordered an adapter from Newegg, which looks great on a MacBook Pro. I will post and let everyone know how it works.

http://www.newegg.co...=9SIA18009Z0813

[uPDATE] - Got my wifi dongle in the mail today and it woks great! Now I need to figure out how to get App Store going.

[uPDATE] - Finally I swapped out the WLAN card with Atheros AR5B195 and now the App Store works because it's recognized as an Airport Extreme card. But the reception is all but 5 yards or so because the wifi antenna connectors are not compatible. In fact, I haven't been able to find a perfectly matched mini PCI-E card. So I continue to use the dongle and be able to access App Store, iCloud, etc. I ordered these antenna (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200848309504&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123) that should have the compatible connectors and plan to install them on the bottom and hopefully that will be THE wifi solution.

Anyone kind enough to write a step by step procedure for installing OSX Mountain Lions on our zenbooks for those who have never done this before? I already googled around and have a broad idea, but a bit more direction would be greatly appreciated!