ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51 Ultrabook - fixes, mods, tweaks, etc

nhart12

1,056 posts in this topic

after installation i put FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagment.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10
and remove VBoxHfs-64.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ and add HFSPlus.efi

GenericUSBXHCI.kext might be also needed.

and what you say about the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext do i have to put it in my usb or not? and is NullCpuPowerManagement.kext needed? 

One of these options regarding  AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext  starts the system without kernel panic:

- NullCPUPowerManagement (=> no power manegement)

- removed AppleIntelCPUP..M...kext (=> no power manegement (without -xcpm))

- -xcpm with working configuration (SSDT..)

- working AppleIntelCPUPM.kext (patched kext or patched BIOS)

I am success install update from app store to Yosemite directly from 10.9.4 just copy the kext to 10.10 dir.

The 10.9.4 was clear install by clover with recovery partition builded auto by OS X install disk, so i thing it can directly install 10.10 by the OS X disk.

I am use UX32VD 3317U 10GB,256GB SSD and changed the wifi card to BCM94352, i custom the ddst for UX32VD and BCM94352 and config.plist patch for BCM94352 and load all additional kext under clover EFI, so i don't touch the /S/L/E. 

I am use in stock ApplePowerMangement and use auto gen ssdt by clover start up, speedstep and turbo speed work well , wake and sleep also work with no problem, NV620M have been switched off without draw power.

here is my patched dsdt , config.list and relative kext.  

BIOS: open usb->xhci->auto for USB 3.0 support, if hang just switch off but no USB 3.0.

Intel Display > set 64M other will have display problem 

After install, to sure the app store work well so online upgrade work, please change the smbios value by clover configurator, 

open the config.plist under EFI,  SMBIOS > click the icon "magic stick with star" on right, select MACBOOK Air 5,2 (Ivy), put  shake to gen serial, 

OK > copy the serial number and paste to Board Serial Number and add "000000"at the end.

UX32VD.zip

• Like 1

I am success install update from app store to Yosemite directly from 10.9.4 just copy the kext to 10.10 dir.

The 10.9.4 was clear install by clover with recovery partition builded auto by OS X install disk, so i thing it can directly install 10.10 by the OS X disk.

I am use UX32VD 3317U 10GB,256GB SSD and changed the wifi card to BCM94352, i custom the ddst for UX32VD and BCM94352 and config.plist patch for BCM94352 and load all additional kext under clover EFI, so i don't touch the /S/L/E. 

I am use in stock ApplePowerMangement and use auto gen ssdt by clover start up, speedstep and turbo speed work well , wake and sleep also work with no problem, NV620M have been switched off without draw power.

here is my patched dsdt , config.list and relative kext.  

BIOS: open usb->xhci->auto for USB 3.0 support, if hang just switch off but no USB 3.0.

Intel Display > set 64M other will have display problem 

After install, to sure the app store work well so online upgrade work, please change the smbios value by clover configurator, 

open the config.plist under EFI,  SMBIOS > click the icon "magic stick with star" on right, select MACBOOK Air 5,2 (Ivy), put  shake to gen serial, 

OK > copy the serial number and paste to Board Serial Number and add "000000"at the end.

show 0% battery kext does not work

show 0% battery kext does not work

It should be work, Under System Report > Power Should show:

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Serial Number: UX32-65- 

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK

Device Name: UX32-65

Charge Information:

The battery's charge is below the critical level.: No

The battery's charge is below the warning level.: No

Charge Remaining (mAh): 5459

Fully Charged: Yes

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5524

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 107

Condition: Normal

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 8319

You must be firmly use our version FAKESMC.kext(with sensor kext) and DSDT (patched for battery) and the config.plist together.

Don't put any FAKESMC.kext under System/Library/Extensions.

here is our full clover EFI folder

So only need to copy all 

1. Copy all "Clover" folder to EFI.

2. copy "TO SYSTEM FOLDER" kext to System/Library/Extensions folder  (I changed use the on-the-fly clover kext patch the ALC269 for better sound and sleep).

3. open the clover configuration and just set smbios 

4. rebuild kext cache  by kext utility.

UX32VD.zip

• Like 1

It should be work, Under System Report > Power Should show:

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Serial Number: UX32-65- 

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK

Device Name: UX32-65

Charge Information:

The battery's charge is below the critical level.: No

The battery's charge is below the warning level.: No

Charge Remaining (mAh): 5459

Fully Charged: Yes

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5524

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 107

Condition: Normal

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 8319

You must be firmly use our version FAKESMC.kext(with sensor kext) and DSDT (patched for battery) and the config.plist together.

Don't put any FAKESMC.kext under System/Library/Extensions.

here is our full clover EFI folder

So only need to copy all 

1. Copy all "Clover" folder to EFI.

2. copy "TO SYSTEM FOLDER" kext to System/Library/Extensions folder  (I changed use the on-the-fly clover kext patch the ALC269 for better sound and sleep).

3. open the clover configuration and just set smbios 

4. rebuild kext cache  by kext utility.

battery worked

atheros wifi at this time does not run 9285

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oke, i will test that when i'm home ;)

yeah the extentions are not needed for the installation? right?

and what you say about the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext do i have to put it in my usb or not? and is NullCpuPowerManagement.kext needed? 

thanks for your support

Did you manage to get this working?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All!

i have asus ux31a (i5,4gb,128SSD). i changed wlan module on compatible ar5b9195(bt+wifi)

i installed os x 10.10

Works: wireless, bluetooth, audio.

Not works: multitouch, card reader, does not change the brightness

I have a problem with the appearance of motion artifacts when the system starts on HD4000. Close and open of cover can solve problem.

who knows how to solve the problem?

bootloader: Clover 2988

ig-platform-id = 0x01660009

Duallink = 0

vram = 512

I suppose that maximum vram of bios is 512mb but system wants 1024 of maximum memory.

On chameleon i have same problem with graphics. On 10.8.3 graphics and brightness works 

I have a problem with the appearance of motion artifacts when the system starts on HD4000. Close and open of cover can solve problem.

who knows how to solve the problem?

This is sort of a known problem as far as I know, and I do know that the problem happened after 10.9. I have this problem myself on my UX32VD and I have tried everything in my power for over a year to fix it. I'd like to test out a BIOS mod where the GOP and VBIOS is upgraded to 2170 instead of 2137 that the UX32VD is equipped with in BIOS 214, however doing so is risky business.  The problem is either:

1. The screen used in the ZenBooks are eDP connector displays. AppleIntelFramebufferCapri does not like eDP and has in fact no support for it.

2. The GOP/VBIOS driver is causing a ruckus. Upgrading it with a BIOS mod might get it working.

3. Apple's capri driver is s**** and in 10.9 they removed VGA compatibility. This might be the reason why it's going bananas.

The current temporary solution to the problem is:

1. Sleep the display once the computer starts. BrightnessFix or Blinkscreen can do this automatically on login. You can also create a hotspot in one of the corners in the screensaver settings to sleep the screen.

2. Change the ig-platform-id to 0166000A. That will make it think the screen is a HDMI/DP connected external display which solves the issue without any need to sleep the display. It'll boot correctly every single time, but it'll make you unable to change screen brightness and the laptop lid won't sleep the computer. Sleep through the menu will also not work anymore as the display will not awaken again.

So pick your solution and stick with it until a fix is found which might never happen. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is sort of a known problem as far as I know, and I do know that the problem happened after 10.9. I have this problem myself on my UX32VD and I have tried everything in my power for over a year to fix it. I'd like to test out a BIOS mod where the GOP and VBIOS is upgraded to 2170 instead of 2137 that the UX32VD is equipped with in BIOS 214, however doing so is risky business.  The problem is either:

1. The screen used in the ZenBooks are eDP connector displays. AppleIntelFramebufferCapri does not like eDP and has in fact no support for it.

2. The GOP/VBIOS driver is causing a ruckus. Upgrading it with a BIOS mod might get it working.

3. Apple's capri driver is s**** and in 10.9 they removed VGA compatibility. This might be the reason why it's going bananas.

The current temporary solution to the problem is:

1. Sleep the display once the computer starts. BrightnessFix or Blinkscreen can do this automatically on login. You can also create a hotspot in one of the corners in the screensaver settings to sleep the screen.

2. Change the ig-platform-id to 0166000A. That will make it think the screen is a HDMI/DP connected external display which solves the issue without any need to sleep the display. It'll boot correctly every single time, but it'll make you unable to change screen brightness and the laptop lid won't sleep the computer. Sleep through the menu will also not work anymore as the display will not awaken again.

So pick your solution and stick with it until a fix is found which might never happen. 

Thanks for idea with 0166000A. I don't now this temporary solve.

I noticed that artefacts shows when injects or ejects power adapter in power off mode. I suppose thats bug in power management.

Artefacts shows when in section "IOPowerManagement" = {"DevicePowerState"=3,"CapabilityFlags"=49152,"CurrentPowerState"=3,"MaxPowerState"=3} missing substring "DevicePowerState"=3

in this code from ioreg

| |   | | +-o display0  <class IODisplayConnect, id 0x10000032d, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (7 ms), retain 6>

| |   | | | | {

| |   | | | | }

| |   | | | | 

| |   | | | +-o AppleBacklightDisplay  <class AppleBacklightDisplay, id 0x10000032e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>

| |   | | |     {

| |   | | |       "IOClass" = "AppleBacklightDisplay"

| |   | | |       "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily"

| |   | | |       "IOProviderClass" = "IODisplayConnect"

| |   | | |       "DisplayProductID" = 4931

| |   | | |       "IODisplayEDID" = <00ffffffffffff000dae43130000000034150104a51c10780293ada9534c9625114f5300000001010101010101010101010101010101363680a0703820402e1e24001aa510000018242480a0703820402e1e24001aa510000$

| |   | | |       "IODisplayPrefsKey" = "IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IGPU@2/AppleIntelFramebuffer@0/display0/AppleBacklightDisplay-dae-1343"

| |   | | |       "IODisplayParameters" = {"commit"={"reg"=0},"rgsc"={"min"=0,"max"=65536,"value"=65536},"bgsc"={"min"=0,"max"=65536,"value"=65536},"fade-time3"={"min"=0,"max"=10000,"value"=500},"brightness"={"min"$

| |   | | |       "IOProbeScore" = 3000

| |   | | |       "IOPowerManagement" = {"DevicePowerState"=3,"CapabilityFlags"=49152,"CurrentPowerState"=3,"MaxPowerState"=3}

| |   | | |       "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"

| |   | | |       "IODisplayAttributes" = {"IODisplayAttributes"=<676174760000000073676c6600000000726c6f630100000063706220020000006364670080808000676c666400000000>}

| |   | | |       "IODisplayConnectFlags" = <00080000>

| |   | | |       "DisplayVendorID" = 3502

| |   | | |       "DisplaySerialNumber" = 0

| |   | | |     }

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

I'm on Yosemite now and I faced one trouble with my zenbook UX32A recently. Mini VGA port doesn't work. I haven't checked it before, there was no need. But now I want to connect additional display.

Can I fix it somehow? Thanks!

Hi there

I have an ASUS Zenbook UX31A (not touch) and i nstalled Yosemite 10.10.2 on it but i am facing issues configuring it. I could really use some DSDT and Clover files. I have the i7 version.

I keep trying since 2 weeks now to make a nice Hackintosh out of this machine, but i just don't suceed and i am at the point to give up.

Clover + DSDT packs available around the net are not working. Or the battery, or the audio or both are dead. So i am totally clueless.

Anybody have these files? here on the forums all are down :(

Would hugely appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I used clover file this

Hi there

I have an ASUS Zenbook UX31A (not touch) and i nstalled Yosemite 10.10.2 on it but i am facing issues configuring it. I could really use some DSDT and Clover files. I have the i7 version.

I keep trying since 2 weeks now to make a nice Hackintosh out of this machine, but i just don't suceed and i am at the point to give up.

Clover + DSDT packs available around the net are not working. Or the battery, or the audio or both are dead. So i am totally clueless.

Anybody have these files? here on the forums all are down :(

Would hugely appreciated!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/353-asus-zenbook-ux31a-dsdt-clover-kexts-mac-os-tested-10102/

Hi

I am also using this guy's files, but since he has an i5 CPU, not all of his settings are fine, and audio is not working at all.

I edited his config.plist and deleted the CPU data, but my knowledge stops here.

Wanted to sue MaciASL to edit the DSDT to change the ID for the audio, but the data is not saved - or i am missing something.

BTW i think u are the same guy who linked me a solution today for the audio, but reading on forums the voodoohda is not a good solution as you will get some noise and sometimes mic + HDMI audio will not work.

So yes, i am still dead end.

• 5 months later...

UX31a: Yosemite 10.10.5 (working)

Clover revision 3259

QE (yes with patched kext)

Used DSDT13.aml posted two years ago for 10.9  :)

Edit : DSDT14.aml with corrected HDEF (audio ID 3) - see attached file

I installed Yosemite 10.10.1 and got it working right away (safe mode boot at first).

I ran Onyx to fully repair permissions and clean caches.

I rebooted a few times: System is Ok.

I did it again on another partition : OK again.

I updated (combo) to 10.10.5 directly.

It worked 

I ran Onyx to fully repair permissions and clean caches. I got an error with several kext being not compatible.

I rebooted and I get kernel panic after the white apple on black background boot sequence.

Remove (old) conflicting kext from S/L/E and kept most of them in EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.10, repaired permission from 10.10.1 and rebooted into 10.10.5 partition after : OK.

I sometimes have to reboot the 10.10.1 partition and remove caches on 10.10.5 to Boot flawlessly again.

Boot is much faster with Yosemite than with Maverick

Best source for Yosemite UX31A and UX32A : Centurion2005's work with 10.10.2.

His DSDT was not compatible with a UX31A Zenbook. I just replaced it with DSDT14.aml

A big thanks to EmlyDinEsh for the Elan trackPad version 4.5.5. It's working very smoothly  :P

DSDT14.aml.zip

DSDT14.dsl.zip

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

UX31a: 10.11 El Capitan (working)

Clover revision 3280

I used a USB stick for the installation.

I had two partitions, one (working) Yosemite and one for El Capitan.

I copied all necessary kext to EFI/Clover/Kext/10.11

I disabled USB3 (XHCI) in bios

I rebooted and from Clover I selected the USB stick.

After the install I cleared caches and installed Kext from Yosemite working partition.

I used DSDT14 (see post above)

Working great.

If I install something, it sometimes gets stuck at boot. I have to boot on the Yosemite partition, clear caches and I am back in business with El Capitan.

• 2 weeks later...
I currently try to install El Capitan on my UX32VD

Asus Zenbook UX32VD r4002v (BIOS 214)

Intel Core i7 3517U (Ivy Bridge - IntelHD4000)

nVidia Geforce GT 620M

Display 1920x1080

10GB RAM, 256GB SSD

I use Clover v2.3k r3270 UEFI

bootflags: -v dart=0 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0

I got following to work with help of:

- kext utility (bootflags kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0)

- 68x' DSDT.aml (UX32VD) in 'EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched'

- SeppDepp' ssdt.aml (UX32VD-Pack) 'EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched'

(Clover kext injection doesn't work for me)

Display

- with full resolution 1920x1080 (nv_disable=1 bootflag)

Touchpad and Keyboard 

- with ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext in 'Library/Extensions' (Elan SmartTouchpad_v4.4.5_64bit)

USB to Ethernet Adapter 

- with patched IONetworkingFamily.kext in 'System/Library/Extensions'

Audio 

- with patched AppleHDA.kext in 'System/Library/Extensions' and custom DSDT.aml

Battery Symbol 

- with patched AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext in 'System/Library/Extensions' and custom DSDT.aml

Some FN-Keys (buggy)

- with AsusNBFnKeys.kext in 'System/Library/Extensions' (AsusNBFnKeys_v2.5.5)

Bluetooth

- works I guess with 2.0 only

Not working yet or not sure about

- Stand-by and Wake-up (DSDT?)

- TRIM-Support for SSD?

- FAN-Support (DSDT-Patch?)

- CPUSpeedStep (ssdt working?)

- correct Keyboard-Map

- USB3.0 (read about problems with stand-by and wake-up)

- nVidia 620M (read about IntelHD or nVidia possibility only)

- HDMI/mini-VGA (not tested yet nVidia-Chip necessary?)

- WiFi (Atheros card ordered)

- SD-Card (won't work at all?!)

I still have some kext and DSDTs from other sources to test and im not sure about all functions of DSDT and SSDT yet. I managed to fetch my ACPI-Files with Clover (F4), and try my luck tomorrow regarding DSDT comparison and patching.

I am thankful for every help or advise!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am about to start the process of setting up Hackintosh El Capitan and Windows 10 dual boot on my UX31a. I am trying to find the best WiFi card to replace the current one with, are there any which don't have problems with the non-standard antenna cable ends? See here: https://thomas-leister.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/IMG_20140929_100829.jpg

I am trying to start installation of El Captain from flash disk which I created with help of the following guide. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307003-clover-os-x-el-capitan-usb/page-1

Unfortunately I do not get to the point to be able to start installation. It restarts during loading of the installer.

I am thinking what to change, what to add, which parameters and options to use to be able to load the El Captain installer?

Which kext to provide in Clover also, please? Could you send me some files to help and some tips, please?

Which options to select in Clover options, please?

I have OSX Mavericks successfully running on my SSD disk, but I would wish to start to use El Captain soon.

UX31a: 10.11 El Capitan (working)

Clover revision 3280

I used a USB stick for the installation.

I had two partitions, one (working) Yosemite and one for El Capitan.

I copied all necessary kext to EFI/Clover/Kext/10.11

I disabled USB3 (XHCI) in bios

I rebooted and from Clover I selected the USB stick.

After the install I cleared caches and installed Kext from Yosemite working partition.

I used DSDT14 (see post above)

Working great.

If I install something, it sometimes gets stuck at boot. I have to boot on the Yosemite partition, clear caches and I am back in business with El Capitan.