Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

I've found a bug in the code signature override.

If an app with an invalid code signature is loaded it will crash the kernel after load and reboot.

Gonna fix it... only wanted kernel level cs override...

• Like 3

Damn ... I can't find any fix for it...

Seems to be some issue but I can't trace it.

Could somebody copy a signed app somewhere and mod the Info.plist of that app and next try to run it?

I need a picture of the crash in order to trace it...

My computer restarts before I get the chance to take one...

Andy congrats :D

shaneees-imac:~ Shaneee$ uname -a
Darwin shaneees-imac.home 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: wo 30 okt 2013 22:52:53 CET; SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo v2.0.0:xnu-2422.1.72-AMD/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
shaneees-imac:~ Shaneee$ sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu
machdep.cpu.max_basic: 5
machdep.cpu.max_ext: 2147483675
machdep.cpu.vendor: GenuineIntel
machdep.cpu.brand_string: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor
machdep.cpu.family: 16
machdep.cpu.model: 6
machdep.cpu.extmodel: 0
machdep.cpu.extfamily: 1
machdep.cpu.stepping: 2
machdep.cpu.feature_bits: 395049983 8397321
machdep.cpu.extfeature_bits: 4022598655 14335
machdep.cpu.signature: 1052514
machdep.cpu.brand: 0
machdep.cpu.features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 MON SSSE3 CX16 POPCNT
machdep.cpu.extfeatures: SYSCALL 1GBPAGE EM64T LAHF RDTSCP TSCI
machdep.cpu.logical_per_package: 2
machdep.cpu.cores_per_package: 2
machdep.cpu.microcode_version: 21
machdep.cpu.processor_flag: 1
machdep.cpu.mwait.linesize_min: 64
machdep.cpu.mwait.linesize_max: 64
machdep.cpu.mwait.extensions: 3
machdep.cpu.mwait.sub_Cstates: 0
machdep.cpu.cache.linesize: 64
machdep.cpu.cache.L2_associativity: 16
machdep.cpu.cache.size: 524288
machdep.cpu.address_bits.physical: 48
machdep.cpu.address_bits.virtual: 48
machdep.cpu.core_count: 2
machdep.cpu.thread_count: 2

Just some graphics glitches with AMD HD5450. Not as bad as ML was though. Have to use -f at boot or get KP that mentions Can't preform kext scan. 

Remove /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache from within OS X and reboot...

It will then fully rebuild the cache...

perfect amd Phenom 2 x6 - ati 5770

you are really mythical :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :yoji:

6 Core Intel Xeon :D

• Like 1

confirm again AMD Phenom II X4 935 ... http://cl.ly/image/1r1m2n243X3b

test with 2 machine Athon n Phenom with different motherboard.., so the question is, is the latest anv kernel no need NullCPUM .... .kext ? cause I don't used NullCPUM for test only fakesmc ... I think is great progress .. :thumbsup_anim:

No NullCPU kext is needed as the blacklister works fine ;)

• Like 2

I'm going to test that kernel on amd fx series. Whick flags have i to use?

No extra flags but use Clover.

Otherwise it won't boot....

Sorry i'm not expert. What is Clover? ^_^

http://cloverefiboot.sf.net

Oh cool, I understand what happened. Bronya added the missing RIP mode to my SSSE3 opemu and made some other tweaks.

So i was looking at the wrong thing for so long.... I guess this is very slow emulation though, but at least it seems to work somehow

kernel should also work with unpatched core crypto as the patch set seems to use my latest opemu with ktrap support

• Like 4

Had glitches on startup until I pressed the Notification center! None since so far!

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

AMD Radeon HD 6570 1024MB - AtiConfig=Bulrushes

Confirming :-D

regarding the graphics issues, i've been thinking about that a bit....

i think it might be an issue with the TSC, basically it's really inaccurate the way we do it now and there might be a big difference in nanoseconds. AMD supports TSC invariants since the phenom's so there should be a better way to set up the TSC

The only problem I have with the graphics on HD5450 is the login screen has very bad artefacts and safari but safari is fixed with the method theconnactic found for ML. Launchpad icons are pink sometimes as well.

• Like 1

Got it going on my Phenom X4 b50 + 5770  :):thumbsup_anim::)  Very cool !!! All smiles here...

Mac-Pro.local 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: wo 30 okt 2013 22:52:53 CET; SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo v2.0.0:xnu-2422.1.72-AMD/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_6

Yes... some graphical glitching at startup screen, icons but it still looks yummy!

A hearty congrats to all from my part to get it to here =^)    
Very very awesome!!

Many thanks to you Skunk.34 also for the help, It was that pesky kernelcache. der ... merci beaucoup ami.
^(Thank you very much my friend)^

The only problem I have with the graphics on HD5450 is the login screen has very bad artefacts and safari but safari is fixed with the method theconnactic found for ML. Launchpad icons are pink sometimes as well.

same here on my 5770...

Oh cool, I understand what happened. Bronya added the missing RIP mode to my SSSE3 opemu and made some other tweaks.

So i was looking at the wrong thing for so long.... I guess this is very slow emulation though, but at least it seems to work somehow

kernel should also work with unpatched core crypto as the patch set seems to use my latest opemu with ktrap support

But then again, why the same kernels work without glitches with Intel hardware, even very old?

Can anybody test 32-bit apps?

It should work but needs testing + report

might want to remove that "no rip yet" printf by the way, it slows everything WAY down

Ok will do...

Thanks... :D

Also gonna mod the CPU brand string...

I have SMBIOS dumps of real Macs in abundance so I can figure out which are used ;)

• Like 1

Your card's device ID is 0x68F91002, right? Could you upload your edited kexts (AMD5000Controller and AMDRadeonX3000) for me to try? Enabling graphics here is being more difficult than I expected it to be... Thank you!

P.S.: disregard: i just found out I edited the kexts of the installer, lol! Didn't pay attention to which Finder window I was into. 

All the best!

• Like 1