Permanently Banned From Tonymacx86

mnfesq

752 posts in this topic

No offense, man, but i didn't get it: could you say that in a less encrypted way? 

All the best!

Got banned... Why do I employ a universal username?  :wallbash:

post-825783-0-24806400-1376084703_thumb.png

Never mind, I was already detached from that website anyway. I only go there to see how many people are getting conned (i.e nearly everybody)...  :hysterical:

• Like 1

come on tony@macman, speak since you are in the topic so often.

Basically, he's coming for people. Didn't you see the last post?

EDIT: He came for me too... Why do I employ a universal username?  :wallbash:

attachicon.gifhecameforme.PNG

honestly, i don't care about the ban. the forum there it is not really for general support, oly the support they permit, so...

about the name, i use this one since i start my interest in osx86, about 5 years ago. 2 years ago i start to get interest in learn more deeply and i want to help this community as much as i can.

William, it's right and legitimate to disagree and criticize, even in harsh words. But this is a public forum and its administrators have their responsibilities: Ed did the right thing, no matter the other site's staff decides to ban all its critics or not. Agree or not, their site is theirs to decide what rules apply. If you are not satisfied about the way they conduct their business, what logically follows of that is that you shouldn't really care from being banned from there or not; otherwise you guys are incurring in the same hypocrisy you criticize yourselves. 

Notice that that's not related at all with whether they profit from other's works or not: they site is theirs to run as they want to, and their rules - as ours - are publicly displayed.

All the best!

• Like 1

P.S.: notice that the freedom Insanelymac advocates directly imply that they could come here at any point to tell their side of the story and be allowed to do so, as long as they comply with the universal rules of the forum. Neither of them was banned from Insanelymac.

• Like 1

William, it's right and legitimate to disagree and criticize, even in harsh words. But this is a public forum and its administrators have their responsibilities: Ed did the right thing, no matter the other site's staff decides to ban all its critics or not. Agree or not, their site is theirs to decide what rules apply. If you are not satisfied about the way they conduct their business, what logically follows of that is that you shouldn't really care from being banned from there or not; otherwise you guys are incurring in the same hypocrisy you criticize yourselves. 

Notice that that's not related at all with whether they profit from other's works or not: they site is theirs to run as they want to, and their rules - as ours - are publicly displayed.

All the best!

No. Website is not owned by them, but rather being given for usage for a fee continuously paid in intervals. Information posted there by others is not their, but of those who posted it. And even if you state in website rules otherwise 10 times in a row, this will not change.
Public internet domain and the easiness of doing "administrative responsibilities" made many people ignorant to the fact that they suppress the freedom of speech and often rendered them to fail to distinguish their own point of view on the subject from the actual idea behind the words written/said.
I'll use my edited post as an example. I did not call up to trash TM on that public site, but rather stated the possibility to leave reviews and that TM would not probably be able just erase those as easily, as they do on "their site".
Additionally, there is no harassment (referring to your previous post addressed to me), in calling up liar and thieve for what it is, especially when there is a ton of evidence at arm's length (so to speak). Calling it [enter profanity word of your choice] would be.

At least they're not giving you a permanent ban with immediate effect and deleting your previous post like 'tony'... :star_smile:

Then again, if he is saddened still, then let him be saddened.

To understand the sadness for editorial of the post one might first try to realise how long have i actually been around here, actively posting or not. And what have i witnessed in person, whilst others debate about it judging only by the impressions of others and by current state of affairs.

I myself have been banned many times on TM web under different accounts, i just don't care as long as information reaches intended recipient.

I stand by my words.

Editing posts, leaving no traces of edited information, especially in topic that condemns such actions on some place else is ironic.

P.S.: notice that the freedom Insanelymac advocates directly imply that they could come here at any point to tell their side of the story and be allowed to do so, as long as they comply with the universal rules of the forum. Neither of them was banned from Insanelymac.

I, irrevocably and unconditionally, from this moment onward, grant you, and you only, my personal, non-transferable and of unlimited time duration permission to use privileges given to you by the status of section moderator, to "ban" me from this forum, at any moment at your discretion.

:)

To understand the sadness for editorial of the post one might first try to realise how long have i actually been around here, actively posting or not. And what have i witnessed in person, whilst others debate about it judging only by the impressions of others and by current state of affairs.

I myself have been banned many times on TM web under different accounts, i just don't care as long as information reaches intended recipient.

I stand by my words.

Editing posts, leaving no traces of edited information, especially in topic that condemns such actions on some place else is ironic.

I thought I clearly stated the reason of why your post has been edited   :)

in your case, what has been edited is the quoted part of another post edited itself.

^_^

edit: ok, to clarify the thing, I just did it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278907-permanently-banned-from-tonymacx86/page-14?p=1937709&do=findComment&comment=1937709

Now, please, keep calm and cheerfulness    :gathering:

Hi, Ghost!

Even if i wanted to, I couldn't: I'm not responsible for this particular section. :) besides, if even Tonymacx86 administrators are allowed to post, with "all those evidence", why would the staff punish you? For being wrong in the assessment of this situation, as you are? C'mon.

Other than that, you answered with almost a collection of ideological slogans to what was a concrete site administration matter. What I said stands: Ed did the right thing, given the responsibilities he has as an administrator.

Least but not last, as I said - it's never to much to stress - the criticism, even in harsh words, is legitimate. Calling someone else's number to harass people because "all those evidence" points them as "thieves" and "liars", it's not legitimate at all. You can do at your risk, but Insanelymac staff won't let no one use this forum as the HQ for a linch mob. And they are right by doing that.

All the best!

• Like 1

I, irrevocably and unconditionally, from this moment onward, grant you, and you only, my personal, non-transferable and of unlimited time duration permission to use privileges given to you by the status of section moderator, to "ban" me from this forum, at any moment at your discretion.

:)

You can put here your own phone number, and the address of your home. So you can talk in person with all those who do not agree with you. If  you would like this. Or do you like the lynchings?

This is ironic.

Read the second point of the Rules, and understand that now is not the time that you had to agree, but when you registered.

If you want to report that anyone have stolen anything or used illegally (having the evidence of what you say, as in the case of FileNVRAM.dylib from http://public.xzenue.com and macman), then from my point of view, you may be right. But do you really think that one can talk about everything without limits, and maybe write threatening things, no one will stop?

I must stay to idea that anyone can speak, but not to threaten anyone, or do InsanelyMac the vehicle for this purpose.

This is not strictly related to what you wrote, but I think everyone can agree

Micky

You can put here your own phone number, and the address of your home. So you can talk in person with all those who do not agree with you. If you would like this. Or do you like the lynchings?

This is ironic.

Read the second point of the Rules, and understand that now is not the time that you had to agree, but when you registered.

If you want to report that anyone have stolen anything or used illegally (having the evidence of what you say, as in the case of FileNVRAM.dylib from http://public.xzenue.com and macman), then from my point of view, you may be right. But do you really think that one can talk about everything without limits, and maybe write threatening things, no one will stop?

I must stay to idea that anyone can speak, but not to threaten anyone, or do InsanelyMac the vehicle for this purpose.

This is not strictly related to what you wrote, but I think everyone can agree

Micky

And anyway, if you wanted TRUE freedom of speech, where you could threaten people with next to no limits, you would already know what to do...

This topic is making me queasy, so I am going to step away for now.

Oops, I did it again.

post-270804-0-25099200-1376135172_thumb.png

I don't think it had anything to do with this post.  I think it was due to the fact that I suggested to another forum member who has an HP Envy like me to try using Clover or Chameleon instead of ##### to install ML on his laptop.  

What bothers me about this is that I had created a thread on that forum to help all owners of HP Envy laptops and to encourage other Envy owners to share their problems and successes and the thread had grown to 38 pages.  There was quite a bit of useful information there, along with lots of downloads of kexts and edited info.plists.  All of it was removed because of the recommendation to use a non-TonyMacx86 bootloader.  That's really lame.

As for some of the comments I have seen in this thread, I hope people can feel free to vent here but I don't really think it's worth starting a war, either of words or actions.  We're all here to share our knowledge, be it of some way to make the osx86 experience better for all or to protect our ability to continue to use OS X for educational/experimental reasons.  Tonymacx86 is not the only one misusing osx86 for commercial reasons.  I see it all the time with people that just want a "mac" without paying the inflated price for it but lack any desire whatsoever to learn about the OS X operating system or how it functions and what it needs to work on non-mac computers. 

I suspect that if things advance in the OSx86 community to the point that just about any newbie can make a hackintosh, Apple will step in and do what it did to Psystar.  I'd hate to see anyone get hurt financially because they contributed to making it too easy to hack the OS X operating system.  Looks like I may have to set up shop here again for the newbies eager to learn the basics of OS X.

• Like 1

HP Henvy?

maybe your lappy is the same as mine ...

-------------

Returning in the usual discourse of this Topic: banned for use other tools.

Highlights that We, OSx86 community, never make any money (not even a cent), as did Psystar. For this reason OSx86 complaint those who want to make money with OSx.

We do not, but if others do, be made ​​to stop, .....how?

Reading topic like this!

As you can see on InsanelyMac there are tests to be performed by each user. This is because the purpose is not to give OSx on pc to all people, but  exchange of ideas and information and have people with a minimum of preparation.

For this the developers are the heart of the OSx86 community, and unique Thanksgiving is that everyone should give them their Credits respected.

All we can mistakenly go wrong:

I, too, I made a mistake by putting a few things in Pandora, like FileNVRAM without a proper license. For this I was contacted by Meklort who invited me to put things in place, I apologize for the absence, and everything has been done.

I have not done "the hard" as MacMan, because I was in the wrong, simply, and now all is OK.

Micky

• Like 2

I don't think it had anything to do with this post.  I think it was due to the fact that I suggested to another forum member who has an HP Envy like me to try using Clover or Chameleon instead of ##### to install ML on his laptop.  

I would urge our admins to re-think the decision to ban the use of the names of TonyMacx86 products.  Here, I was not endorsing the product but simply referring to it.  The fact that we ban the very mention of TonyMac products puts us right at their level.  I do not support this ban.  It is contrary to the free-flow of ideas and to critical thinking.

See here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279451-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/

If you agree that their is a  commercial spin-off, and by what I said on my last post, how would you do?
Other than that, I come from tonymac, and without malice I've often wondered why the  links direct here were always mangled, to not allow people to see down here.

So ...

No one pretends that everyone understands immediately, but experiencing the forum (all OSx86 forums), I think  all understand.

From my point of view I do not expect everyone agrees, but I think you have to consider all those who have lost so much time to invent things, to see others use without even a "thank you".

and from Rule:

Discussion of commercial spin-offs of the OSx86 scene is allowed if it’s to understand their existence, but no discussion of how to use them, nor any support for these commercial spin-offs are allowed as they are not in the spirit of the OSx86 scene. Example of commercial spin-off: tomymacx86.

Micky

I would urge our admins to re-think the decision to ban the use of the names of TonyMacx86 products.  Here, I was not endorsing the product but simply referring to it.  The fact that we ban the very mention of TonyMac products puts us right at their level.  I do not support this ban.  It is contrary to the free-flow of ideas and to critical thinking.

Hi

please don't mix the things, it's time to stop with this game.

we decided to let this thread open, so there's no need to add fuel to the flames.

we already had a similary thread once, I put you here a part of one of admin's posts:

Rules are never decided lightheartedly, but always after a long discussion between all members of staff, and after careful consideration of all pros and cons.

We have had for a long time a rule:

Discussion of commercial spin-offs of the OSx86 scene is allowed if it’s to understand their existence, but no discussion of how to use them, nor any support for these commercial spin-offs are allowed as they are not in the spirit of the OSx86 scene.

It was now time to put it into practice.

• Like 1

They once deleted my account for some unknown reason as I don't use the forum, only to get their software but i reregistered again even with the same email lol

If they ban you, you want to keep up with them, anyway?
Sorry but.. :hysterical:

Micky

If they ban you, you want to keep up with them, anyway?
Sorry but.. :hysterical:

Micky

Because their software are the only which work here, any other method here and there result in fail. Otherwise I hate that site. Also I am not sure if it was a real ban or some glitch because I used the same email address and username and the account is still alive.

Because of **** and **** work OOB here while other methods don't. Also I am not sure if it was a real ban or some glitch because I used the same email address and username and the account is still alive.

Maybe they did not notice your IP address, which is the same I think, perhaps with that, the search is more simple  :hysterical:

like this "Derek" here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]-archived-threads/99673-[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]-failed-install.html (Derek-McAnallys-MacBook-Pro.local)

Micky

Maybe they did not notice your IP address, which is the same I think, perhaps with that, the search is more simple  :hysterical:

Micky

LOL maybe but at least they could block the email address

Mabe, if anything at least if they didn't want a dummy account to get their software, it's a fail haha.

BTW my username wasn't derek. it' a dummy name "qwerty<random numbers>"