Permanently Banned From Tonymacx86

mnfesq

752 posts in this topic

Hi,

As one of the founders of OSXL i'll like to step in for a sec and say that you did nothing wrong - OSXL have a similar rule set to IM and we do not accept pirate stuff posted on our site - that said - i think its safe to say that after osxl and myhack merged that tonys evergoing hate for the competition have hit our site - that said - its not anything we care about - if tony want to live in the past .. so be in.. and thats where the difference between a "for profit" org. vs. a "non-profit" org. comes into play.

99% of our users is on IM also.. i would hope.. that many of them is on Tony also - and that they use the sites and services as they need to and see thru this childish play by Tony.

//Leon

• Like 7

A courteous request for clarification was made to TMX this afternoon; a courteous reply was rapidly received.

The reply states that OSXLatitude site was never publicly cited for piracy and that no users of TMX were ever banned for mentioning OSXLatitude site. The reply also states that OSXLatitude is no longer blocked and that, if there were a misunderstanding, apologies are presented.

Matters closed. All is well as far as I'm concerned.

why it will concern you there that tony can see you as pirates or not ? :blush:  you should XXXXXXX what he think  B)

Actually, for honesty's sake, I believe Chimera is the only part which has some original contributions (correct me if I am wrong).

If you use an open source thing, to make money, knowing that with this excuse, you can use the work of all the others who contribute to the Chamelon project ..

How would you define this?

I say that this is cheating, dirty play, abuse of popular credulity, and steal.

WE DO NOT LIKE THE OTHER INTERNET COMMUNITY ', BUT STEAL EVERYTHING THAT MAKE THEM. And we are not ashamed!

This slogan is fitting, and they should complement the missing part!

Micky
  • Like 2

If you use an open source thing, to make money, knowing that with this excuse, you can use the work of all the others who contribute to the Chamelon project ..

How would you define this?

I say that this is cheating, dirty play, abuse of popular credulity, and steal.

Micky

Making money with open source software is ok as long as you play by the rules, but they don't care for any rules. Take a look at their lnx2mac driver (it's obvious that lnx2mac is a member of the tonymac "gang") which is based on GPL code but they keep the source secrete. Neither lnx2mac nor anyone of the tonymac staff has ever made a move to change that situation. Try to criticize that fact or one of the fundamental weaknesses of the driver and your post will be censored immediately. In case you complain about it, you get banned.

Mieze

• Like 4

Making money with open source software is ok as long as you play by the rules, but they don't care for any rules.

Nobody cares about ln2mac. If nothing else, he has worked on to something. (@Slice posted a similar kexts, with sources :)if I'm not wrong Topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286937-realtekr1000-v3/).

They are just different: do anything by themselves, and then to them not like the others who do things (and use their work):

??

What I'm missing?

Micky

Nobody cares about ln2mac. If nothing else, he has worked on to something. (@Slice posted a similar kexts, with sources if I'm not wrong).

They are just different: do anything by themselves, and then to them not like the others who do things (and use their work):

??

What I'm missing?

Micky

Looks like you don't know much about lnx2mac and his driver. He is violating the GPL deliberately for several years because he took Realtek's linux driver and warped some code around it to make it run on OS X. As the original linux driver was published under the GPL, the derived work falls under the GPL too, making it mandatory to provide the sources to anybody (at least on request) who received a binary copy of his driver, but he doesn't. He is stealing from the open source community and he has the impudence to ask for donations on his homepage. Besides, he did an awful job, maybe that's the reason why he's keeping the sources secret.

According to the level of support the tonymac staff has given him, he must have a really close relationship with those people. Try to criticize his behavior or his work over there in the tonymac forum and you'll see for yourself.

Mieze

I just wanted to share this tidbit of news with my friends from both boards. It seems that it was very wrong of me to recommend to a fellow member in a post that he try Nawcom's version of OSInstall.mpkg in order to install Lion on an MBR partition. In fact, it appears that it was very wrong of me to even acknowledge that OS X can be installed on an MBR partition. I was bad, very bad. And now, I have paid the price.

Hopefully, I will still see some of my Tonymac friends here.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Banned.png

Welcome to the club my friend.

However, beeing banned from tonymac was the best thing ever happened to me, cause since I am here, I've lerarned in three month a lot more than what I learned in TonyMac in two years.

• Like 2

Making money with open source software is ok as long as you play by the rules, but they don't care for any rules. Take a look at their lnx2mac driver (it's obvious that lnx2mac is a member of the tonymac "gang") which is based on GPL code but they keep the source secrete. Neither lnx2mac nor anyone of the tonymac staff has ever made a move to change that situation. Try to criticize that fact or one of the fundamental weaknesses of the driver and your post will be censored immediately. In case you complain about it, you get banned.

Mieze

Mieze, were you banned by the way?

All the best!

Mieze, were you banned by the way?

All the best!

Yes, at least for a week because I criticized the lnx2mac driver. This was the reason why I moved my driver development thread over to insanelymac.com and I must confess that this was the best decision I could make. Since that day tonymac is history for me.

Mieze

• Like 9

Looks like you don't know much about lnx2mac and his driver. He is violating the GPL deliberately for several years because he took Realtek's linux driver and warped some code around it to make it run on OS X. As the original linux driver was published under the GPL, the derived work falls under the GPL too, making it mandatory to provide the sources to anybody (at least on request) who received a binary copy of his driver, but he doesn't. He is stealing from the open source community and he has the impudence to ask for donations on his homepage. Besides, he did an awful job, maybe that's the reason why he's keeping the sources secret.

According to the level of support the tonymac staff has given him, he must have a really close relationship with those people. Try to criticize his behavior or his work over there in the tonymac forum and you'll see for yourself.

Mieze

I agree that it violates a license, do not get me wrong, but perhaps the only one that should complain, it's just Chuck Fry, that is the only man who can claim it.
Something different for OSx86 community e TM
Micky

I agree that it violates a license, do not get me wrong, but perhaps the only one that should complain, it's just Chuck Fry, that is the only man who can claim it.
Something different for OSx86 community e TM
Micky

No, not Chuck Fry, but the linux developers at Realtek should complain because he has stolen their code.

Mieze

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I know the site staff here probably wont approve… but…

After seeing Tony write some silly things about x79 systems, correcting him, and then immediately having my post deleted (by Tony himself I assume)… I decided a little trolling was in order.

For the sake of preservation:

scwuiQu.png

Banned for 7 days. :P

• Like 9

Oh: the fourm rules of tonyshmucksx68: 

"

General Rules

• This site is for users of legally purchased copies of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion only.
  • Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.
  • This site and forum only supports installing and installations using the guides and software produced herein. Any posts referencing using other installation software or methods will be deleted.
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.
  • AMD nor Atom CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work. Any post requesting help for or asking about these will be deleted.
  • The software and DSDTs created by tonymacx86 LLC may not be redistributed or hosted on any other site or file sharing service.
  • Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban.
  • Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. Violators will be permanently banned.
  • Members are allowed only one login account for their personal non-commercial use. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed and will result in account deletion.
  • We reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. Forum members can have their privileges suspended or removed at any time without prior notice.

User Names, Profiles, Avatars and Signatures

• Must not violate tonymacx86 community standards and be safe for work (SFW).
  • Cannot be used to express personal, political or religious views.
  • The usage of a user name that is similar or may be confused with official staff members is not allowed.
  • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
  • Copyrighted images are not allowed for use in avatars.
  • Animated avatars are not allowed.
  • Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
  • Use of the tonymacx86 logo in avatars is not allowed.
  • Signatures are for build descriptions only. Maximum of 4 systems listed and limited to motherboard, CPU and graphics card(s) only. Formatting should be limited to the use of bold, and text is restricted to the default font size only. In lieu of listing components a link to your build in the user builds forum is allowed.
  • No images or links to outside sites are allowed in signatures.
  • Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited.
  • The staff of the tonymacx86 Forum without notice may edit and enforce these rules.

Advertising and Solicitation

• No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance.
  • We do not allow members to post threads or to send private messages or emails to other members that advertise products or services or solicit for funds or donations.
  • Members cannot post advertisements or notices for eBay auctions, Kickstarter projects, Craigslist listings, personal sales or contests.
  • Posting any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral is not allowed and will be removed.

Posting

• All posts must be made in English. Any and all posts in other languages will be deleted.
  • Please use the search function before creating a new topic. The question that you ask may have already been answered.
  • Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted.
  • Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day.
  • Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, nonsense posts, or one word (or short) posts.
  • Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed. These posts will be deleted and the posters privileges will be temporarily suspended.
  • Any posts or links to sites or content that violates tonymacx86 rules as defined on this page will be removed.
  • Trolling, spamming and advertising via the forum, email, visitor messages, comments or private message system is not allowed.
  • All posts express the views of the author. Neither the owners of the tonymacx86 Forum, nor tonymacx86 LLC will be held responsible for the content of any post.
  • While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, purposeless inflammatory posts or profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters).
  • Posts discussing or arguing about tonymacx86 policies or moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted.
  • Any disputes with the staff of the tonymacx86 site will be handled in private through thru the Contact Us link on this page.
  • Although the administrators and moderators of the tonymacx86 Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable content off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all posts.
  • The administrators and moderators of the tonymacx86 Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason at their discretion.

Contact

• The Contact Us link is ONLY for issues with the web site or your account.
  • The administrators and moderators of the tonymacx86 Forum do not provide private support. Any messages asking for help will be ignored.

Addendum

• We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of tonymacx86.com - Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of tonymacx86.com - Forum, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of tonymacx86.com - Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason."

WHAT THE HELL? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

Oh and @Long Cat:

Look at the pic :)

post-1122019-0-03188000-1387942258_thumb.jpg

Edit: I GOT BANNED! :P I wonder why?!! :P

post-1122019-0-22885600-1387942603_thumb.png

• Like 2

Oh: the fourm rules of tonyshmucksx68: 

"

General Rules

• This site is for users of legally purchased copies of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion only.
  • Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.
  • This site and forum only supports installing and installations using the guides and software produced herein. Any posts referencing using other installation software or methods will be deleted.
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.
  • AMD nor Atom CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work. Any post requesting help for or asking about these will be deleted.
  • The software and DSDTs created by tonymacx86 LLC may not be redistributed or hosted on any other site or file sharing service.
  • Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban.
  • Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. Violators will be permanently banned.
  • Members are allowed only one login account for their personal non-commercial use. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed and will result in account deletion.
  • We reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. Forum members can have their privileges suspended or removed at any time without prior notice.

User Names, Profiles, Avatars and Signatures

• Must not violate tonymacx86 community standards and be safe for work (SFW).
  • Cannot be used to express personal, political or religious views.
  • The usage of a user name that is similar or may be confused with official staff members is not allowed.
  • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
  • Copyrighted images are not allowed for use in avatars.
  • Animated avatars are not allowed.
  • Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
  • Use of the tonymacx86 logo in avatars is not allowed.
  • Signatures are for build descriptions only. Maximum of 4 systems listed and limited to motherboard, CPU and graphics card(s) only. Formatting should be limited to the use of bold, and text is restricted to the default font size only. In lieu of listing components a link to your build in the user builds forum is allowed.
  • No images or links to outside sites are allowed in signatures.
  • Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited.
  • The staff of the tonymacx86 Forum without notice may edit and enforce these rules.

Advertising and Solicitation

• No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance.
  • We do not allow members to post threads or to send private messages or emails to other members that advertise products or services or solicit for funds or donations.
  • Members cannot post advertisements or notices for eBay auctions, Kickstarter projects, Craigslist listings, personal sales or contests.
  • Posting any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral is not allowed and will be removed.

Posting

• All posts must be made in English. Any and all posts in other languages will be deleted.
  • Please use the search function before creating a new topic. The question that you ask may have already been answered.
  • Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted.
  • Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day.
  • Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, nonsense posts, or one word (or short) posts.
  • Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed. These posts will be deleted and the posters privileges will be temporarily suspended.
  • Any posts or links to sites or content that violates tonymacx86 rules as defined on this page will be removed.
  • Trolling, spamming and advertising via the forum, email, visitor messages, comments or private message system is not allowed.
  • All posts express the views of the author. Neither the owners of the tonymacx86 Forum, nor tonymacx86 LLC will be held responsible for the content of any post.
  • While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, purposeless inflammatory posts or profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters).
  • Posts discussing or arguing about tonymacx86 policies or moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted.
  • Any disputes with the staff of the tonymacx86 site will be handled in private through thru the Contact Us link on this page.
  • Although the administrators and moderators of the tonymacx86 Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable content off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all posts.
  • The administrators and moderators of the tonymacx86 Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason at their discretion.

Contact

• The Contact Us link is ONLY for issues with the web site or your account.
  • The administrators and moderators of the tonymacx86 Forum do not provide private support. Any messages asking for help will be ignored.

Addendum

• We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of tonymacx86.com - Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of tonymacx86.com - Forum, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of tonymacx86.com - Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason."

WHAT THE HELL? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

Oh and @Long Cat:

Look at the pic :)

attachicon.gifuntitled.JPG

Edit: I GOT BANNED! :P I wonder why?!! :P

attachicon.gifuntitled.PNG

These are a lot of words only to say one thing: the Führer (adolfmacx86) reserves the right to do what ever he wants and the members have to follow his orders blindly.

Mieze

• Like 5