Permanently Banned From Tonymacx86

mnfesq

752 posts in this topic

No, to all.

Micky

but excuse me, tell me one thing .... responsible for what? I personally am not afraid of anyone, much less one that is advertising to sell newegg and amazon.com, he has a contract with those companies, and I am 100% convinced, and unfortunately there are many idiots in the world that fall into their trap ... in that forum only two users and really understand what 'a hackintosh and I know them well who I am.

Guys

I appreciate nobody likes to see the individuals behind Tonymac profiteering so much from their exploitation of developers in the x86 community, but let's keep this discussion clean. I can't condone distributing their contact details on InsanelyMac in a way that's encouraging hateful will towards them: that's wrong.

I've had a number of e-mails from "tonymacx86 & MacMan" pleading with me for the removal of this thread: I've deleted one post that had a telephone number and I'm waiting for them to come back to me with any other specific posts.

Let's be the bigger guys here. If they want take other people's work and make money out of it, fine, let's carry on raising awareness of this in the community and encourage users how to learn to do it without their "software".

I'm open to debate on this, but as I said, keep it clean, and let's be respectful and mature about it.

-Ed

• Like 7

Not if it's distributed here in the context of hateful intent. Aside from that, spreading someone's contact details and encouraging abuse is just plain wrong and there's nothing to gain from it. Be better, not bitter.

• Like 6

Guys

I appreciate nobody likes to see the individuals behind Tonymac profiteering so much from their exploitation of developers in the x86 community, but let's keep this discussion clean. I can't condone distributing their contact details on InsanelyMac in a way that's encouraging hateful will towards them: that's wrong.

I've had a number of e-mails from "tonymacx86 & MacMan" pleading with me for the removal of this thread: I've deleted one post that had a telephone number and I'm waiting for them to come back to me with any other specific posts.

Let's be the bigger guys here. If they want take other people's work and make money out of it, fine, let's carry on raising awareness of this in the community and encourage users how to learn to do it without their "software".

I'm open to debate on this, but as I said, keep it clean, and let's be respectful and mature about it.

-Ed

Sorry , but if TM is following the topic, because he does not intervene in the discussion and denies everything? has a guilty conscience?

but I think there are infiltrators users who report to him this topic

Guys

-Ed

Ed, I agree

Fabio

Not if it's distributed here in the context of hateful intent. Aside from that, spreading someone's contact details and encouraging abuse is just plain wrong and there's nothing to gain from it. Be better, not bitter.

1. Having forum thread about how uncivilised and ruthless is the bannhammer system on TM site, and how this is the eden garden of freedom, AND fixing / removing posts from this particular thread without leaving even the "edit" note is the grand-mastery of irony. To say the least.

2. The data published on the referred site is freely accessible, therefore removing it from here is... Read part 1.

Shame. I'm deeply saddened.

Freedom and anarchy are frequently - and wrongly - taken as the same. At least there's a public explanation of why the post was edited/deleted, and its author wasn't banned or warned in any but the kindest words. The link to public available data is still there, because it's legitimate to be kept there. Only the posts that could be seen as incitation to harassment were deleted, and that's not censorship, but plain common sense. You disagree? Well, you have the freedom to publicly express your dissatisfaction for this, so... there, there. :)

I bet my really revealing stuff about UniFail will get my previous posts about it banned by that duo, and the program will probably have that package removed.... :(

But before it all goes away, I would like to put one little bit of research out there.

You know the hidden Mavericks package in UniFail?

post-825783-0-04203500-1375985722_thumb.png

Well I looked at the 'Distribution' folder and to my disgust I saw this:

post-825783-0-90676500-1376080514_thumb.png

That stinking dsmos.pkg gets installed instead of the unifail.pkg, which only has a dsmos.log file in it, so even if you did replace it with the unifail.pkg, it wouldn't work without hacking into the encrypted script (which is actually in the 'unifail.pkg', and is something I wouldn't and was not prepared to do anyway.)

And to show you how encrypted it is:

post-825783-0-15542700-1376081211_thumb.png

Good luck getting past that son! :thumbsup_anim:

1. Having forum thread about how uncivilised and ruthless is the bannhammer system on TM site, and how this is the eden garden of freedom, AND fixing / removing posts from this particular thread without leaving even the "edit" note is the grand-mastery of irony. To say the least.

2. The data published on the referred site is freely accessible, therefore removing it from here is... Read part 1.

Shame. I'm deeply saddened.

hi

from forum rules:

Meaningless and useless posts may be removed at Moderator's discretion.

which means that a moderator is not obliged to leave the "edited" note.

in your case, what has been edited is the quoted part of another post edited itself.

so there is no shame in all of this and nothing to sadden you deeply.

^_^

hi

from forum rules:

which means that a moderator is not obliged to leave the "edited" note.

in your case, what has been edited is the quoted part of another post edited itself.

so there is no shame in all of this and nothing to sadden you deeply.

^_^

At least they're not giving you a permanent ban with immediate effect and deleting your previous post like 'tony'... :star_smile:

Then again, if he is saddened still, then let him be saddened.

I second this, but read below the next quote to the last sentence:

That problem will be a soapbox, so it's best to come off that topic. Plus, we don't have much time until 'tony' starts taking our speeches and rants like he controls all the OSX86 forums and devs. Whatever you think, the baby always gets its bottle, and contrary to what most of you might think, this is NOT a safe haven.

No offense, man, but i didn't get it: could you say that in a less encrypted way? 

All the best!