Anything relevant since JaS' 10.4.7 release?

guiyoforward

45 posts in this topic

[..] the sudden disappearance of some of the leading people [..] seems a little more than coincidence. [..] That's just my conspiracy theory
definite no! First of all: who do you mean by "some of the leading people"? Only Maxxuss disappeared, all others are still active here and there. About switching to Apple: looking at his work Maxxuss seems too much like a digital anarchist, I don't think he would go for such an offer. Also if Apple had tracked him that would have been announced. And why in the world would Apple want to hire a hacker ???????????

Like i said before, ignoramus'es think Maxxuss is the only one who did any work. there are plenty of other people who worked on OS X that are still here today, Jas, Myzaar, Semjezza just to name a few

.. and Kiko, just to name another .. :D

oh btw, do you know where aRt took the name SemjaZa from? Because he is SomeJazzer (Jazz Musician) composing really groovy jazzy tunes with Apple's Final Cut Pro ;) !!

Yes i really love this community and think its only getting more mature, X LABS is where almost all the new stuff is being done, cheers for the OSX Community im proud of being part of it, and really i use my OSX86 machine everyday and night for my everyday works and it works perfectly.

Salutations!

If really Maxxuss was the only man in this world (!!!) able to crack MacOS kernel, this nice project is going to fade away slowly, as Apple updates are released, to the final point where nobody will be OK to run such an outdated kernel..

BUT it's VERY unlikely nobody else could hack this thinkg. If one person did it, then one other can do it, too

for now, Maxxuss has certainlyl been hired by Apple. He can be the most hardcore anarchist out there, with a really.. really nice salary everything is possible. Looks like he was such a danger (and such talented) that working for them is the most rational way of stoping him doing nasty thinks :-)

Maybe Maxxuss was actually just Apple themselves prememptively "hacking" their own kernel in order to let all these windows users sample their software. Think how many converts it has created, I would never have touched a Mac before OSx86, now I'm seriously considering a Macbook as my next upgrade. It's possible that Apple saw this as an excellent oppurtunity for free advertising. Simple huh? They now 'try' and lock us out in Leopard after making plenty of converts. Just my conspiracy theory :(.

LOL

These theories are hilarious...

Saying nothing new has happened in any stretch of the imagination just leads many to believe you want shock and awe developments...

In ALL RCE communities small steps lead to bigger developments.

Remember that 10.4.5 and 10.4.6 kernels haven't been craxed yet...

Nor will they ever probably be by guys who visit these forums.

Just have faith and patience and remember to HELP more than you ASK FOR IT.

The communities collective efforts will eventually give way to the "monumental" developments you are seeking.

Social engineering is often most effective at the microscopic and impersonal levels.

Huh, JaS? :D

LOL These theories are hilarious...

these kids smoke too much pot or I don't know what and have become halucinating, paranoid and maybe a bit braindead .. :(

Social engineering is often most effective at the microscopic and impersonal levels.

So I just started teaching my impersonal colon bacteria hacking the 10.4.7 kernel since you say there is hope .. :P

Sure there are probably other ones around who could do it, but as it happens they don´t seem to bother with OSX86.

If really Maxxuss was the only man in this world (!!!) able to crack MacOS kernel, this nice project is going to fade away slowly, as Apple updates are released, to the final point where nobody will be OK to run such an outdated kernel..

BUT it's VERY unlikely nobody else could hack this thinkg. If one person did it, then one other can do it, too

You guys should stop the girlie chit-chat and gossip, thinks are still moving on in the project x86 world. the Mac EFI project guys are working hard to get a working EFI to BIOS or flashable EFI hacked mac firmware.. lets see a little more positivity, and a little less speculation . ta

These are the statements I was referring to--they definitely conflict:

jdxxx: "NO other programmer is likely to hack a Mac kernel."

Kiko: "a 10.4.5 kernel is being cracked"

Until the 10.4.5 kernel or some later kernel is actually successfully cracked, they are not in conflict.