iATKOS L2, Stuck on Apple Logo - Start failed to get ACPI path for provider

TheNavigator

300 posts in this topic

MMM? Technically putting OS-X on anything but an Apple built PC is illegle. And you need to look up the meaning of 'distro'.

Thanks. I won't use distros again.

Eep suggested to use MyHack. I used it and the installation booted perfectly and I installed it. Now I'm spending my time trying to solve kernel panics...

The last think I stopped at was this...

21n136c.jpg

While using -v -x -f npci=0x3000 arch=i386

Eep suggested reinstalling it again on the same partition without erasing it. It got stuck at the last 2 minutes and everything stopped working...

How I feel right now:

oh-god-why.jpg

Installing OS X on non-apple hardware is NOT illegal.

It may break an EULA but this is a civil matter, not a criminal one.

The fact that you must buy the product to read the EULA renders the contract of sale void-ab-initio anyway as there is not full disclosure from both parties!

Distros break copyright 'law' (not really a law, it's actually a statute/SI/Act of Parliament).

I would advise you to use a retail copy of Lion which can be purchased from the app store by either using 10.6.6+ on your PC or by using a real MAC.

You can then restore the dmg to a usb key, install chameleon to it and then boot and install from it.

The fact this will be on USB makes things much easier as you can play with kexts until the cows come home and never need to burn another disk.

Alternatively, boot with -s and remove your ApplePS2 kexts, then boot with -v -f and see what happens.

Oh, I already know James. I don't use Distros now. I'm using a retail copy. Also, we already did that. We didn't delete all the PS2 things though...

I'll try that now.

EDIT: By the way, I'm having a Snow Leopard OS running, so that really helps a lot :)

While I'm downloading that, can someone help at installing 10.7.3?

Also, I'm having a minor problem. I'm using Arabic PC as a language. There's a button that doesn't get detected, which is the ` one. The button beside "1". How to get it working? Other buttons are working perfectly though.

Can always give Clover at try too. Just use all default settings, so basically run installer package pointing towards your USB and reboot. Can't do any worse :) Give it a little bit to go from first screen to choose boot drive screen as it can be a wee bit slow while scanning all your hard drives, but maybe just me because I have a lot of them.

I don't have that .____.

I have other problems too. The processor's speed at "About this Mac" is 2.01 GHz. The actual one is 2.26 GHz. Bus speed is 1 GHz at Mac, not sure what the real one is.

I can't sleep. Everything just hangs when I click sleep and I can't wake it up again.

Okay, so I've tried booting the Lion copy on my Acer Inspiron and it booted perfectly without any additional flags or so. But it said that I must plugin a keyboard as I don't have a connected one. That made me think that the problem is with either SMBios or OSInstall as I still can't get it to work on my Dell E6500.

Although for Snow Leopard, the Acer doesn't have wireless, ethernet nor graphics acceleration...

I need to install it on the Dell by the way, as the Acer isn't mine...

That made me think that the problem is with either SMBios or OSInstall

What..why?

This *should* lead you to the conclusion that you need to plug in a USB keyboard to complete the install, you can then install PS2 kexts once you reach your desktop.

EDIT:

Re-read and I misunderstood, you normally only need to patch OSInstall to bypass the system check for supported hardware.

The installer should load either way.

If you can get OS X installed using your other laptop, why not swap the HDDs over, install, then swap back.

Then you can concentrate on getting it to boot the OS rather than the installer.

/END EDIT

Why do you keep trying different versions?

I'm thinking about downloading 10.7, installing it, then figuring out how to update it. I'm downloading it now actually.
While I'm downloading that, can someone help at installing 10.7.3?

Pick a version and stick with it! It really makes no difference at this stage!

Clover? What is that for? And why would I use install it on my USB? :|

Why don't you google it and find out!?

I can't figure out how to use that...

Maybe you need to dedicate a bit more time to *learning* and less time to posting on here asking for help at every turn.

There is a manual for Ukelele in the download. RTFM

I can talk you through it if you want but it really would be a waste of time considering how easy it actually is.

The processor's speed at "About this Mac" is 2.01 GHz. The actual one is 2.26 GHz

Just a cosmetic issue.

The latest chameleon should pick it up automatically, if not, edit your smbios.plist

I can't sleep. Everything just hangs when I click sleep and I can't wake it up again.

Chances are you don't have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext loaded.

If you can get OS X installed using your other laptop, why not swap the HDDs over, install, then swap back.

Then you can concentrate on getting it to boot the OS rather than the installer.

It's already installed. The installer boots perfectly, the installation doesn't.

Why do you keep trying different versions?

I'm already working on 10.7.3, but as I found that it's a little different than 10.7, so I thought about downloading 10.7 and working on it. I'll stop doing that now though.

Why don't you google it and find out!?

Sorry for that. I did and found out, but would it make a difference as the installation already boots on another laptop?

Maybe you need to dedicate a bit more time to *learning* and less time to posting on here asking for help at every turn.

There is a manual for Ukelele in the download. RTFM

I can talk you through it if you want but it really would be a waste of time considering how easy it actually is.

You're right about that... I'll read the manual :)

Just a cosmetic issue.

The latest chameleon should pick it up automatically, if not, edit your smbios.plist

I don't even have an smbios there. Shall I create one?

Chances are you don't have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext loaded.

I guess you're right cuz permissions are not as they should be. I'll try and reply if I had an issue.

--------------------------------------------

I've followed this topic. http://www.insanelym...howtopic=243851

Specially this post. #23

I've reached a good point, bypassed that RTC thing and the other problems. Had a problem with NVClockX though. I deleted it then everything worked fine, except that I'm stuck at the attached image.

post-962341-0-94510000-1340159028_thumb.jpg

That's not stuck, but no graphics loaded. The nstat_lookup failed 2 message is normal and nothing really failed that matters. So check your graphics enabler settings again either yes or no, it's almost there.

looks like your ethernet and wifi might be working too. Since you can't see the desktop to put in your password for wifi, you can try ethernet and if you have another mac, screen share into it and control it that way while u set it up. If not you could still plug it in then check your router status page and see if it shows it as a connected device, if it does it definately is up and running just no graphics

uh, that screen shot showed they loaded with a mac address listed. can't mix 2 different computers boot logs into one, so whatever computer you took that screen shot from loaded a network driver. Did you happen to delete any graphics kexts besides nvclock at any point? Cause that is the big difference between that dell and acer, very different graphics card and not too many people that have that dell with the same intel graphics you have on yours. Try all the fun boot flags in every combination you can think of. -x -f -v PCIRoot=1 arch=i386 npci=0x3000 USBBusFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=Yes or no

if all the tinkering and different combinations fail, see if it will at least boot to the command line with -s

I guess it began to be a little mess.

I'm using 10.7.3. All those screenshots are from the Dell, not the Acer. The hard disk I installed Lion on has Snow Leopard 10.6.7 which boots perfectly, and it has Lion on another partition that doesn't work. I used myHack to install it. The installation didn't boot on the Dell but it booted on the Acer. I used the files of the linked topic to reach the current state. The Dell's version is E6500 and the Acer is Inspiron.

Eep, I'll try those boot flags now. I guess it would boot into the -s thing though.

Those long boot flags didn't work. GraphicsEnabler=No and GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Stuck at DSMOS arrived this time though.

-s works.

I think I asked you this before, but did you remove ANY graphics kexts besides nvclock.kext? You also mentioned in post 217 that you did not have an SMBIOS on your completed installation. Can you boot it on the Acer and copy the entire /Extra folder from your installer over to the root of the completed installation's drive as this would be the first thing to do if you booted into it from the Dell anyway.

No I didn't remove any kexts beside NVClockX.kext. I didn't check if I have an SMbios there after using myHack to be honest, but I guess it's there as it's installed by myHack.

It boots into the Acer but it says that I have no keyboard there. It's because I deleted those PS2 things. I'll try to retrieve them and boot, then copy that.

I still have the Snow Leopard working perfectly by the way though so I can just copy the Extra folder to there using it, but I still can't get Lion to work. Lion is installed onto another partition of the same HD where Snow Leopard is, but Snow Leopard is working perfectly. When I use the Acer, SL boots perfectly but there's no Wifi, and Lion boots but there's no keyboard.

By the way, we already copied the entire folder in the previous installation before using myHack and it didn't work.

Copy the Extra folder to Lion then, the one from the installer that worked, not anything that was from prior to myhack. If that does not help boot, make a backup folder and start removing unused graphics kexts like all nvidia, ati and gma940-

--do this first, since It looks like your booting but no display, boot again verbose and let it sit a minute. then boot back to Snow Leo and in Lion partition navigate to /var/log/ and post any logs with todays date as created or modified date