iATKOS L2, Stuck on Apple Logo - Start failed to get ACPI path for provider

TheNavigator

300 posts in this topic

Even more weird now

I've replaced it with the original one, then rebooted. After the choose language thing, it just turned off the computer. I renamed it to OSInstall, same result. Deleted SMBIOS, same. Changed the permissions, same.

What's wrong? :|

Me and eep stayed for a while trying to fix this. We used nawcom's OSInstall that bypasses motherboard ID check and which is made for MBR. It worked, but it still stopped saying that some packages are not found, including some languages. eep told me that the size of my Lion's app is smaller than required, but we compared the packages folder's size and it was the same. I'm really confused...

I'm currently stuck at

RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)

AFTER PCI Configuration End thing.. Me and eep tried replacing SMBios with different ones, like iMac 11,3 and MacBook Pro 3,1 but still never worked. It worked for 1 time though, when I used

cpus=1 busratio=19 -x -f -v

but got stuck at somewhere else, then tried the same flags and got stuck at RTC: Only single RAM bank again. I've seen some people discussing CMOS Reset and a patch for AppleRTC.kext here, but I felt that it won't really help.

That's only a chameleon status message, not an error. What happens if you leave it on 'RTC: Only single RAM bank' for a while?

Have you tried a different version of chameleon?

Yea I know it's a status message. I'm saying that I'm "stuck at it".

I didn't try a different version. That's the newest one.

EDIT: I left it for about 7~10 minutes for multiple times and it never worked

What revision of chameleon 2.1 are you using?

You may have to build your own installer with an RTC patch included.

A quick google shows there are plenty of people experiencing the same as you.

I don't remember exactly but it's the latest one. I'm using Chameleon Wizard.

I already have my own installer. Pretty modified. PookyMan and eep did a great job at helping me :) Thanks guys!

For the patch, will the one I linked work then?

And for your search, as I said. The results I found are for people who experience it after PCI Configuration begin while PCI Configuration end doesn't appear. Mine is different. It appears after PCI Configuration end.

The RTC patch usually just stops the CMOS from resetting after sleep or restart.

Try using LegacyAppleRTC in E/E on your boot disk, some have reported success with that.

If PCI configuration end shows it may not be a PCI issue.

FakeSMC and AppleCPUPowerManagement should load next, maybe you have an SMC issue.

Which version of FakeSMC are you using?

Do you have turbo mode enabled in BIOS?

Are you overclocking?

My CMOS resets at Snow Leopard actually, as I'm currently using it. And yea it's not a PCI issue.

My FakeSMC isn't loading, but I'm using the one I'm using with Snow Leopard. I don't know if AppleCPUPowerManagement loads or not to be honest.

Also, the last time I checked the permissions they were fine.

For the turbo mode, I don't even have it there. It's a P8400 processor.

For the overclocking, what does that mean?

The CMOS issue you can solve once you are at the desktop.

Try including the legacyRTC in your boot media, see if that helps matters, it may just help you get past the single ram bank message.

ElliotRTC This is the package from the ModCD; you can extract it with Pacifist.

James, the version of Chameleon 2.1 I directed him to download was r1902.

Ok, the only reason I ask is 1920 has had some issues, especially with gigabyte, I don't know if Cham Wiz is that up to date (I don't really use it often and wasn't inclined to d/l it to find out)

ElliotRTC This is the package from the ModCD; you can extract it with Pacifist.

James, the version of Chameleon 2.1 I directed him to download was r1902.

Okay I'll install that when I'm back home

Ok, the only reason I ask is 1920 has had some issues, especially with gigabyte, I don't know if Cham Wiz is that up to date (I don't really use it often and wasn't inclined to d/l it to find out)

I don't think my MOBO is Gigabyte :|

I wouldn't use iAtkos if I were you, for the following reasons:

1. It is illegal

2. Distros are synonymous with trouble. Retail installations are always much more stable and secure. I have a retail SL guide in my sig.

If you really want to use iAtkos (not recommended, I hate distros), boot with npci=0x2000 and see what happens.

MMM? Technically putting OS-X on anything but an Apple built PC is illegle. And you need to look up the meaning of 'distro'.

The retail dvd is a distro.

Edited by Gringo Vermelho

You know very well and good that when we refer to 'distros', we are referring to illegally downloaded, extremely hacked versions of the Mac OS.

How about you do your research on legality? How about this and this and, most importantly, this? Apple's word, discussion over.

Stop trolling, too.

• Like 1