iATKOS L2, Stuck on Apple Logo - Start failed to get ACPI path for provider

TheNavigator

300 posts in this topic

Keyboard backlight! glad the important stuff is out of the way! u got device ID's for the other two? I can figure out the vendor ID on my own:) Oh, and current method your using for sound? luckily half the people here probably have the same audio controller

GMA x4500=never :hysterical:

Although I'm skeptical, possibility of better resolution, which I think is kinda what you tried, this is copy of a post by user Thavid at Netkas site. No clue if it would work or cause kittens to explode, possibly both. If it works, you and any available kittens can go thank him. As you know org.chameleon.boot.plist is in /Extra, the com.apple.boot.plist is in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and you will have to drag copy to desktop, edit there, then copy edited version back replacing old one in process, assuming your username was iHacker, type in terminal: sudo cp -R /Users/iHacker/Desktop/com.apple.Boot.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Hi guys!
I was able to install a Mac OS X Lion on my Intel DQ45CB. It uses the onboard GMA 4500HD which is not supported, but I was able to switch to 1600×1200!!!
The trick was to set GraphicEnabler and Graphics Mode in BOTH org.chameleon.Boot.plist AND com.apple.Boot.plist!! And they need to be equal!! Than it was working without any patches!!!
I wrote on the HCL 10.7.0 as well, check it out!
Cheers

2a42 for the Video

For Audio, I don't know how to get that .___.

For the battery, when the the battery isn't charging, then I put in the charger, it goes insane. 0% thing, then I unplugged it again, still the charging icon is there, 0%..

Therefore, I'll edit the working list.

For the edit thing, can you tell me what to do exactly? I didn't sleep since yesterday...

Also, check this. #22

I've tried it, didn't work. Then I saw that DSDT.aml thing, but I don't know where to copy it exactly.

EDIT: I'll edit the working list again. Sleep isn't working at all, and restart acts the same as shutdown.

Your mouse cursor works right? a 2009 post and just saw a lot of problems you dont want. Simple explanation for dsdt is its a copy of your bios in a text like file. some adjustments can be made to optimize it for osx instead of win, and osx will read it from /Extra folder(that were it WOULD go) helping things run more native like, using one that is not for your exact mobo and factory added stuff including bios version, let alone formatted/edited properly will not be good idea

audio, just tell what u did so far, voodoo? patched applehda? more info more better

hm, can u check? u know any one of the many ways to see loaded kexts yet? System Info report will work, down under software you'll see extensions, look for anything with audio, voodoo or HDA anywhere in the name and report back all findings. Or open terminal and type: kextstat | grep vood

kextstat | grep HDA

kextstat | grep Audio

or just kextstat for whole list and look through it

how bout even better, terminal: kextstat > ~/Desktop/kext.txt

then you will have list in a file on desktop called kext.txt u can zip and upload here

ok voodooHDA 2.7.2, launch system prefs from the dock, see if besides normal audio setting pane, down near bottom you have voodoo audio pref pane, if so make adjustments there and turn down the mic/input gains to clean up sound too

I don't know what do you mean, but it doesn't work

By the way, I've followed PookyMan's advice to update the OS. I've done so through Software Update, but I didn't download the combined update yet. I downloaded other stuff like Quicktime and iTunes. Afterwards I installed them, then I restarted. The GUI interface of Chameleon was not there. It displayed a black screen with boot thing. I pressed enter and it said 'Cannot find mach_kernel'. I booted through Ubuntu and checked it. I found that mach_kernel was there. I have a .sparseimage though along with the installation USB so I can restore it easily. But my question is, what went wrong?

use -f

normally you boot using cached version of kernel and extensions, but the update has made changes and it's trying to load the kernel from cache, but not finding it, -f will skip loading from cache, once booted and cache is rebuilt, you should be OK, unless you did other damages. for volume, are you able to access and move the volume slider in the menubar or no?

Also do combo update to 10.6.7 first and once successful make a backup as update 10.6.8 can bring new problems and may not be needed depending on your plans. Lion can be installed from 10.6.7

Not sure why your Chameleon theme wouldn't be loading though unless changes made to org.chameleon.boot.plist, or you had been using the version from your install usb until now

Didn't work... Images attached.

EDIT: Sorry for not rotating. Rotated images replaced.

EDIT: Yes, it's the same version from the USB. But the theme was green, while there's no theme here. I'm not sure that an org.chameleon.boot.plist was there to be sure. I'll check in few minutes.

post-962341-0-98921400-1338967256_thumb.jpg

post-962341-0-40551400-1338967279_thumb.jpg

try adding kernel=mach_kernel and/or arch=i386 and update to a less ancient version of chameleon when u get a chance, your using one from early 2011. maybe try using the one on your USB then pick your hdd from there

in that version of chameleon, may still use older format com.apple.boot.plist

com.apple.boot.plist

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key><string/>

</dict>

</plist>

There's no org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Following what you said, the result was the same

boot0: test

boot0: test

boot0: error

A problem is there..

I experienced it before and it worked after a full reinstall. Is it because of Chameleon?

EDIT: Forgot to say, that's happened after a restore.

EDIT: After a reinstall (not a full one), chameleon boots but it says that a kext destroys the registry..

Why doesn't it just boot after a restore from an image? Why does that boot0 error thing appear?

Another EDIT: The USB installed Chameleon 2.0 RC5 for me. I guess that's not really old. Still not working though. Shall I just format the partition and reinstall it again? What about if I wanted to restore? I won't install 10.6.7 combo update every single install.. I just want a backup and a good restore, instead of that boot0: error thing...

You can also just upgrade Chameleon. Fixes all my boot0 issues. I've got a package over here. :)

Boot with the ModCD to get back in to OS X.

Okay. Thankfully I didn't throw my ModCD. I'll boot through ModUSB installation, restore the image and use your package, PookyMan.

I've downloaded the combo update to 10.6.7. I hope it works.

EDIT: Neither ModCD nor ModUSB worked. PookyMan suggested repairing the partition. There was something wrong with it, but it didn't work. Then he said that the only solution is a clean install, and he suggested using Time Machine

Will time machine restore perfectly, unlike what happened with the .sparseimage restore?

I followed PookyMan's advice (somewhere else) and installed Chameleon 2.1 RC5 through chameleon wizard, then I edited org.chameleon.boot.plist and added those

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x800x32</string>

It worked perfectly. Thanks PookyMan!

Now I'm updating to 10.6.7. I hope it works...

I followed PookyMan's advice (somewhere else) and installed Chameleon 2.1 RC5 through chameleon wizard, then I edited org.chameleon.boot.plist and added those

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x800x32</string>

It worked perfectly. Thanks PookyMan!

Now I'm updating to 10.6.7. I hope it works...

That's what was in the link I posted above too, just glad u got it worked out! good luck

Updating worked extremely smoothly. Everything worked better than expected. I just have one problem. Safari went mad.. It crashes every now and then, while the other applications seem to run smoothly. Shall I quote the details of the crash?

http://www.macintouc...ic4908-001.html

Colleen Thompson

W. Keith McManus wrote:

"Lately when viewing the New York Times Web site Safari (5.0.3) crashes. Usually only on the newspaper's main page. No other Web page causes this problem. The began before upgrading OS to 10.6.6."

Since reading that Flash causes something like 90% of browser crashes, I always make sure the latest Flash is installed as the first browser troubleshooting step.

Since your problem is repeatable, you might delete the Flash plugin altogether first, just to see if it prevents the crash. Make sure no browsers are open while deleting.

That seems to be the case for me

Steven Klein

Regarding those having crashing problems with Safari 5:

I had similar problems, and it was driving me crazy. Certain websites consistently were causing crashes. I was probably restarting Safari 15 or 20 times a day.

I tried things like emptying the cache, but it didn't help.

Finally, I deleted the Safari preference files, and haven't had a crash since.

The are three of them, located in the user's preference folder:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.LSSharedFileList.plist

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.RSS.plist

If I'd had more time, I suppose I could have figured out exactly which of those three was causing the problem, but I didn't mind deleting all three.

Note: This does NOT affect bookmarks, where are stored elsewhere.

I'll try that and reply with the result.. *sigh*...

P.S: Logs file of the error attached. In case someone wants to help.

Untitled.html