iATKOS L2, Stuck on Apple Logo - Start failed to get ACPI path for provider

TheNavigator

300 posts in this topic

It's 10.7.3. I'll restore Info.plist and see what's the result. I guess the grey screen problem isn't because of the PS2 kexts.

EDIT: Restoring the Info.plist restored the no keyboard screen. Using the kexts didn't bring me a panic though, but it didn't work. The touchpad went crazy too. Literally crazy, although the USB mouse was perfect.

I'll try to use Voodoo's now and then I'll post the results.

EDIT: Voodoo's kexts failed as well.. I still get that keyboard not found thing. Touchpad is really sensitive as well, but not as the previous ones.

remove the others, try these 3, 3rd file is added generic ps2keyboard.kext, acpips2nub.kext is updated for lion with and edited to work if you have PS2 keyboard but not mouse. Courtesy of kexts.com.

And if that doesn't work, do whatever you have to do to get a hold of a usb keyboard for a few hours, if it's truly not possible to get one anywhere in the country I'll mail you one, or order one from China for a dollar with free shipping.

Archive.zip

• Like 2

LOL. No it's possible, but it's kinda just like paying for nothing. I can get one and keep it anyway for urgent use. I'll use the kexts first though :) If it didn't work, I'll get a keyboard by today.

Note: Are there really 1$ keyboards in China with free shipping?

EDIT: Just copied them. Will try now.

But I just thought about the keyboard thing, we will still have to fix the PS2 thing :| I mean, I will get Lion working (if the grey thing is because of just info.plist), then?

Another thing, about 50% of people fixed it with the Info.plist thing, why do I have that grey screen instead? (the other 50% fixed it with the PS2 kexts I guess :| )

I'll reboot now anyway.

EDIT: Kexts didn't work...

EDIT: I guess I can understand what's wrong now. Deleting the strings from Info.plist bypasses the thing, but it can't load the graphics kexts therefore it won't load.

http://www.osx86.net...en-problem.html made me understand more.

EDIT: Another same problem. http://www.insanelym...howtopic=261588 . I didn't try -x though. I'll try -x and the suggestion posted in the 2nd post too.

EDIT: FINALLY!! AFTER THAT LONG!! I'm posting through Lion now! -v -x works perfectly.

Well, it's crazy though. Performance isn't as expected, no sound, no graphics acceleration, iChat makes me logout (displays a black screen, then the login screen with the password thing), and lots of other problems. Let's fix it one by one though.

First, I'll try to use VoodooHDA to get sound. Second, why does iChat crash? Third, About this mac says I have 10.7. Didn't I just install 10.7.3? O.o

EDIT: Can boot without -x now. iChat still crashes though. The battery left time isn't shown, About this mac says that this is 10.7 instead of 10.7.3, 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo instead of 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Memory is right though, lol, 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

No QE/CI.

The system profiler says that I have Intel Audio, but there's no audio icon at the menu thing.

EDIT: VoodooHDA works, but the slider doesn't. I tried to follow this http://www.insanelym...howtopic=267905 but it didn't work. I guess it's because of the permissions. I'll fix the permissions later and try again.

EDIT: Another problem. App store fails. Same as this.

screenshot20110708at402.png

Didn't try any fixes though. I use wireless by the way, not ethernet.

Wow, and I had a keyboard from China already picked out, $5 with free shipping world wide from Hong Kong. About this mac stuff could be due to what is or isn't in smbios, for appstore, icloud etc, u need ethernet working and showing as built-in en0. back it up B4 doing anything tho...please!!

Okay I'll make a DMG backup of it and save it on the SL's partition then I'll make a new SMBios and try Ethernet Built-in flag and those stuff. Read other not working things though, eep.

By the way, 5$? Wow.. That's the cheapest I've seen ever. I have a PS2 keyboard here I got for about 8$ or so.

1. QE/CI is still not possible with your GMA X4500. It will always be impossible. Proper res is possible, though.

2. Make sure the syntax in the VoodooHDA plist is correct. If it is not it will not work right. Also, be sure to update the kext caches or it won't work.

3. As eep said, Ethernet must be enabled and it must be en0. Additionally, you must have the EthernetBuiltIn flag for it to work properly.

@eep, Yea we have that here. 6$. Purse? lol, pocket you mean :P

@Pooky, Can't we even "make" a kext for 4500? I know that this will take at least 6 months, but I'm already ready for it. For VoodooHDA I already edited it, but didn't make the caches. Just made before I left home and didn't have the chance to reboot. For the ethernet thing, I'll try that now.

For people reading this, cheers, I'll update to 10.7.4 and make a guide for you guys. 5 months in few lines.. Lucky guys, lol.

EDIT: Just got 3 CDs by the way, burnt one with gparted, another with Grub Boot Fixer, and the third one with rBoot Laptop Edition (that was eep's suggestion). I'll check if rBoot works in few minutes, I'll check VoodooHDA too and the ethernet flag.

@eep, Yea we have that here. 6$. Purse? lol, pocket you mean :P

@Pooky, Can't we even "make" a kext for 4500? I know that this will take at least 6 months, but I'm already ready for it. For VoodooHDA I already edited it, but didn't make the caches. Just made before I left home and didn't have the chance to reboot. For the ethernet thing, I'll try that now.

For people reading this, cheers, I'll update to 10.7.4 and make a guide for you guys. 5 months in few lines.. Lucky guys, lol.

EDIT: Just got 3 CDs by the way, burnt one with gparted, another with Grub Boot Fixer, and the third one with rBoot Laptop Edition (that was eep's suggestion). I'll check if rBoot works in few minutes, I'll check VoodooHDA too and the ethernet flag.

That was like 6 months ago when you couldn't see any of your installed OS's or Windows :) If at this point you can use installed chameleon to boot your different stuff (which is the ultimate goal) then your good. Most your "fixes" are the same as you had to do already in SL, so just remember back to what you already learned.

Snow Leopard didn't have any problem with iChat, nor network. I've tried using the boot flag, didn't work. Tried following this guide http://blog.waldrondigital.com/2011/10/12/apple-id-is-valid-but-is-not-an-icloud-account-on-hackintosh-fixed/ , didn't work too. I'm out of ideas :(

EthernetBuiltIn=Yes is already there. PCIRootUID=1 caused that "You need to power off your computer" thing to appear, rebooted, appeared again, deleted it through Snow Leopard, worked.

I don't know what could be wrong with iChat too :(

@Pooky, Can't we even "make" a kext for 4500?

It might be possible, no one yet has been successful, although I'm not sure how extensive the efforts have been to do so. If you/I/we can do research on video driver programming, look at Intel's documentation on the X4500, and Apple's driver documentation, it (theoretically) might be possible, albeit remotely so. It would be fun to try, though. :)

I'm willing to try. :) When I have a chance to come back on Skype let's see if we can find some things out together, shall we? ;)

Sure! I'm ready with C/C++/Objective-C/Some Visual Basic Experience, and at last, a worthy experience of working with hackintoshes ;)

I'll open Skype :)

Okay, so till now everything working in Snow Leopard is working in Lion, except for the App Store. I hope someone can help with that, the preferences pane doesn't even have "ethernet" there.

what did you have to do in SL for ethernet, or did you bother? if not, what is the controller? launch system info app to find out if needed

Nah I didn't bother about it as I used wireless. I'll bring you all information about the driver now.

EDIT: Here.

ethernet:

Type: Ethernet Controller

Bus: PCI

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x10f5

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1028

Subsystem ID: 0x024f

Revision ID: 0x0003

BSD name: en1

Kext name: AppleIntelE1000e.kext

Location: /Volumes/Backup/Extra/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext

Version: 1.2.10

Ethernet is not read because of AppleIntelE1000e.kext . I deleted it as it caused me a kernel panic. I'll try to replace Lion's kext with SL's kext (The whole IONetworkingFamily.kext) and then I'll reply with the result. I'll backup the Lion's one of course.

Okay, so my HD's against me..

The HD is no longer recognized :( I can no longer boot into neither Snow Leopard nor Lion...

I connect it through a SATA -> USB cable and a power cable. I hear the HD starting up and those sounds when it's working, but it's not recognized. I succeeded to get it recognized twice, one of them I kept it where it was, played a little with Snow Leopard, rebooted, then boom, no longer there. Tried a different SATA cable and connected it with the converter, still doesn't work. Tried a different Power Supply outlet cable, didn't work :( Tried with the Acer laptop, didn't work...

It was working till today's morning.. I don't know what happened :(

EDIT: Tested all USB ports, they're working perfectly...

Just went to a computer shop, as they said, the HD is fine but the problem is with the converter itself.. I don't believe what they said, though :|

Anyway, was going to buy a new converting case, it was worth 5$.. I had 4 .____.

Will see if I can get it or not :|

EDIT: Just figured out something bad.. Really bad...

The HD requires 5V 0.92 Ampere, and 12V 0.90 Ampere. The power supply outputs 2 Ampere...

I guess that damaged it? .____. If I knew so I could use a resistance (Yea I'm an robotic electronics guy too) .___.

Now, my next question is...how come you're not using the internal drive? If you're trying to protect Windows you can partition it without erasing and install Mac OS without breaking Windows.

The HD requires 5V 0.92 Ampere, and 12V 0.90 Ampere. The power supply outputs 2 Ampere...

No....that's not how it works, it doesn't "output" two amperes, it means that it can support one or more devices that draw up to two ampere in total. If you connect a device that draws more than two amps you end up with a very hot and then very dead power supply, or, at best, one with a blown fuse. If you do the maths, you can tell that your PSU is a bit weak for the job.

(Yea I'm an robotic electronics guy too)

Nah, you're not lol. Maybe this'll help you understand:

http://youtu.be/1xPjES-sHwg

• Like 1

Yup, can't force amperage upon a device unless it is willing to draw that amount. Having 2 amps gives you that headroom for peak draw such as on spin up. Same as 750w PSU does not use any more electricity than a 500w PSU when running same hardware under same conditions nor does it cause things to explode, but 750w has the capacity to provide the extra wattage/amperage if/when needed. HD will have needed resistance built in

@Gringo, Yea forgot about that.. LOL, and yes I am :P Although I still mix between the Volt and the Ampere.. lol... We're making a robot for a competition made in September, already worked with electronics and so :|

And well, it looks like the hard is fine. The converter isn't anyway, so I'll have to restore that DMG into an internal partition :| Will take much work, but as I'm not at (or in :| ) my city, it's quite harder to get stuff. I'm even posting now through an internet cafe's wireless, and will go after 8 minutes.

I'll try to install that into the hard disk and then update. I'll restore Lion (as the SL is on the HD, which I can't boot)

(After a while) WOHOO!! The internet cafe has a SATA to USB cable!! I'll just use it today's evening and restore snow to an internal partition and I'm done :)

THANK YOU GOD! THANK YOU LUCK! :D

And well, I hope the HD doesn't betray me again and go dead .___.