Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,244 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm Jimbo from Toronto and I'm new to the OSX86 community.

I bought a used Asus EeePC901 with the BIOS already hacked and Snow Leopard already installed in a dual boot with Ubuntu.

I'd long been attracted by OSX86 but had been a little daunted by the learning curve and hadn't made the plunge.

I originally was looking for a backup for my beloved old 901 in case of loss or damage, and after trying Ebay without luck, I tried the EeeUser forums. When I found one in their private sales forum with OSX installed I couldn't resist. This was a chance to learn OSX86 with a head start.

I came here looking for help in imaging my OSX installation because I just know that I'll bork it really soon and I want to be able to restore it to the state in which I got it. Sure enough, the first thread I saw addressed this very subject, so I registered as a member and stopped in here to say hello.

Now it's time to expand the old horizons. If things work out OK on my 9" Eee, I'll try it on my 7" Everun Note for a true Macbook Micro.

Hello everyone, I am tatsujin also known as Ken. Looking forward to being a part of the community and my new mac system (hopefully) A little background, been tinkering with computers for abot 10 years now, just starting to learn coding, currently a linux user (ubuntu 10.10 on one hard dive arch linux on the other) and was looking for something to put on my third hard drive that wasn't microsoft related when the words osx86 popped into my head. My download of iPC is going so in the next few hours i'll find out if im a new proud mac osx user or not :blush:

Hi. I'm Sparky. I own an iMac and a Dell 1537 laptop. I managed to get Snow Leopard installed on my laptop plus update 10.6.5.. I'm joining in the hope that I can get all my drivers working and perhaps write a descriptive walkthrough that anybody can follow. I'm a Windows developer hoping to do more Mac & iPod work.

Hi All, and to all you who won't read this. Im Saikou0taku, proudly running osx 10.6.3 (No sound, wireless only through my iPhone vie PDAnet) on "Lenny" my Lenovo ideapad y560d. Ive been lurking this forum long enough and decided to help what i can and GET MY SOUND AND BUILT IN WIRELESS WORKING!!!!!

Hi,i am cor (retje)from the Netherlands. i own a Macbook pro,Mini-Mac,but i have this lovely notebook Asus G71 with QX9300 cpu and a P45m motherboard on which i would like to put Mac OSX on.And because usually i just bought things ,i now decided to try it myself.i don,t have a clue where to start,so i start here.So i hope you guys are willing to give me some advice.for now,all the best wishes for the new year and a merry christmas.greetings Cor