Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm a stay-at-home-mom, going to school part-time for my A+ and Network+ certs.

I've been wanting to build a Mac for ages and I finally started up about two weeks ago. Didn't take long before I got hooked haha!

Setup:

(Custom Laptop)

CPU: i7-3630QM (Ivy Bridge) 
Mobo: Clevo W35_37ET (HM77)
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: GTX 660 / Intel HD Graphics 4000
SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo
Wi-Fi: Asus N13 

So far, I haven't been able to make my 2nd laptop work (Sony Vaio SVE1511CFXS), probably because my mobo isn't UEFI (I was able to install Yosemite-zone but it was suuuuper slow and sluggish).
I might do my main desktop PC eventually once I learn how to edit DSDTs, and figure out how to boot without needing my boot USB.

Glad to have found this site! :)

• Like 1

Hello everyone (again). My name is Michael and I am a long time member of this site/forum. I have been in the Hackintosh arena for many years and built my first hack on an Dell Optiplex. However it's been well over 10 years since I have been active in the Hackintosh world and I can see much as changed so I feel like a newbie all over again. I have forgotten so much about it all that I can see I have a serious learning curve to overcome. Once again- Happy Hacking

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi im Avdo and i've been playing with OSX86 installations for around 6 years now starting with Snow Leopard on H55M chipset. 

My main hack is still going strong after 6 years and is my go-to machine.

InsanelyMac has always been an excellent source of information - love this place !

Avdo

• Like 1

Long time Mac guy (25 yrs), short time PC builder (4 years), looking to successfully and as painlessly as possible build a hackintosh as my next power computer.  Big fan of Apple, but as a power user I've grown increasingly frustrated at the lack of hardware upgradability and the "Apple Tax" for things like RAM that you can no longer really upgrade yourself in things like the iMac.  A <$2k hackintosh and I can do better than the iMac?-- sign me up!  I've been following the community very very lightly for the last few years and finally think it's time to replace my aging 2008 Mac Pro while it's still mostly functional.

With that all said, is it bad form to post my proposed build, as my second post, in the Buying Thoughts subform and get feedback?  I passed both quizzes. :)

• Like 1