Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hello @AJ, welcome to InsanelyMac!

Share with us your experiences with Hackintosh  ;)

Hi Allan! 

Hope your day is going well. In 2014 my colleague had informed me about Hackintosh. At the time i was moving to another city and the movers walked away with my macbook 13in 2009 edition.  I was very frustrated and my colleague gave me some background about Hackintosh. So i set out to purchase equipment. Bought a gigabyte-3dh motherboard with 32gb of ram quad core processor dual monitors. I tried running different installers that i came across and clover finally worked and i installed snow leopard then el capitan. My desktop has been functional for two years.

My purpose now is i needed to upgrade the ram and unfortunately my motherboard only goes up to 32gb of ram. So i need 128 and over 8 cores to run my virtual machines. So I purchased the hardware. It's put together but i'm still tinkering with trying to get it to work. Trying to make sure i covered all my bases with research before i request help. 

What's your experience? 

• Like 1

Hello Guys,

I just registered to the forum, I am in the process of finding a hackintosh hardware on a budget, namely a netbook. I noticed that most netbooks will run an older version of OSX, namely snow leopard. However, my question is ( couldn't open a thread) : I want to use OSX for Xcode iOS app developement. Will the latest Xcode version works with an old OSX like leopard on netbook ? please help.

• Like 1

Hello my name is Matgen84, and I built my first hackintosh (Core i7 3770K) in 2013. My project: another Mackintosh with Skylake cpu.  :yes: 

Sorry for my english, I'm french

Bonjour, je m'appelle Matgen84: mes premiers pas dans le monde du Hackintosh datent de 2013. Mon project: passer en Skylake (pourquoi pas)  :D 

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

my Name is MtVinterest! I joined this forum after I was cleaned from the false religion of tonymacx86. I'm currently the only human being on earth who tries to set up an 18 Core/36 Threads Hackintosh within a single X99 socket. 

Maybe some of you guys will help me to achieve my dream to get this thing running!

Greetings from northern Germany, moin moin ihr Kartoffeln!

• Like 1

Hey Allan a bit off topic, but how di the guest from last page post?

On topic, welcome guys to IM (InsanelyMac) hope your stay is long, useful, and not spent only trying to make hackintosh's. :P

Hola a todos!!!!!! Soy Victor!! y es un placer formar parte de la comunidad!!! espero poder ayudar y aportar todos mis conocimientos!!!

Hello everyone!!!!!! I 'm Victor !! and is a pleasure to be part of the community !!! I hope to help and contribute my knowledge !!!

forgive my English !!

post-1770190-0-87075700-1470739380_thumb.png

post-1770190-0-56345100-1470829934.png

Hello! I am Rio22, I am visiting this site for a long time and now I decided to start posting myself. I don't have a great experience in MacOSX, but I can say that I have a hackintosh for a year now (P5KSE Asus, Intel Core2Duo 2.66, Ati EAH2600, 2 x 250 GB Samsung HDD, Samsung 300 GB HDD, DVD RW SATA, 6 GB DDR 2 RAM, Zalman Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler CNPS9700LED) one computer that works very well. OS is Leopard 10.5.8 installed from retail dvd (10.5.6) and upgraded to 10.5.8.

I am a man who likes clear discussions on the subject, no street language and unnecessary insults.

Please be merciful with me and don't KO me for my mistakes, especially for my bad english.

Thank you,

Rio22 :wink_anim:

Welcome!!!

Hello Everyone,

Looks like my post didn't go through. Anyway, new to self build, but have been using macs since 128k days and remember coveting when the 256ks came out.

Started building a couple days ago and into the final now. I've got most of it up and running, just need to try to sort out a few bugs!

Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H

i7 6700k

32GB Ram

Geforce GTX 950

2x 250GB SSD

1x 1TB HD

Hey everyone - I'm new here (obviously), and I'm learning about OSX86 projects.  I'm really wanting to learn as much as I can.  I'm happy to help anyone that I can with anything that I know.  More than anything, I think this is a great project, and I can't wait to get started! Looks like a lot of fun!

Hello,

I'm Gradou (French !!), nobody is perfect,

And very happy to have found this forum ! It is "formidable", "fooooomidableu", and I'm "forminable". So I hope be helped by this friendly community.

Thank you !

• Like 1

Hello insanelymac forum! I am writing to you from my latest hackintosh installation of 10.11 with nearly everything I want working except a couple things! Also got another machine running 10.11 that I'm ironing out the issues with (unlike what I've already done on my main machine here)! I've been installing OSX on my machines for a long time now (Since leopard if I remember it was 10.5.7 :) and a distro, come a long way since then, now I do retail nearly vanilla) and my adventures have always led me back to insanelymac as this is where the best tools, best info, and best people are! :D

So I've come to say thanks to the community for all these years of great work and good times!

Thank you insanely mac and all users of the site who have been apart of it and made it what it is! :)