Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hi - my name is Tom.  I 'm a freelance music editor living in Los Angeles and I'm building my first Hackintosh for use with ProTools.  I salvaged an old Gigasampler chassis into which I have installed a Gigabyte z97x-UD7-TH motherboard with 32 GB RAM and an i7 4790 Intel CPU, plus an NVidia Geforce 740 graphics card, a Samsung SSD, etc.  I'm working on Yosemite 10.10.5.  Though I'm a long time Mac user, I'm a hackintosh newbie and still struggling with a few startup problems.

Hello, my name is Xine. I'm a polymath with an insatiable curiosity for learning how things work and building things. I grew up as a devout Windows PC user until I bought a 2013 MacBook Pro to learn open source software development. I've been commissioned to build many Windows PC's, but I'm now building my very first Hackintosh for personal use.

My rig:

Intel i5 6600 Skylake cpu
ASUS H170 Pro mobo
EVGA GTX960 graphics
16 GB Kingston HyperX 2333 RAM
240 GB SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD (OS, User Profile, Apps)
240 GB SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD (Scratch Disk, Cache for Photoshop/Lightroom)

500 GB (x2) Seagate Barracuda HDD (Data storage)

Hi Everyone,

I am not new to the Hackintosh scene, in fact I've been running a succesful machine for the past 6 years but wish to update and join the rest of the world lol!

The folks over at Tonymac used to be very helpful but in the past week I have not heard any replies to any posts of mine, which is very discouraging.

Hoping to find a more welcoming community here, cheers!

Hey guys, I just found out about this place while trying to do a lot of research on making my own hackintosh. I have most of my parts ordered with the exception of motherboard and cpu. I already decided on the intel 6600k but the motherboard is a tie between two different ones. 

When doing research a lot of my research pointed toward the gigabyte z170xud5 th as being most likely to get good support but I was favoring the gaming 7. I am planning to dual boot to windows 7 do some gaming as well. So far I can't find anyone that has even attempted using the gaming 7 yet.