1,156 posts in this topic

I'd like to try to help and get a configuration for the Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard (w/ITE8728), but I'm not sure how best to go about doing it since I don't own a copy of Windows to install on it (all of the programs you list for dumping the values for are Windows-based and the BIOS seems to be missing a number of the voltages.)

Is there any other good way of going about it? Thanks and keep up the really great work on this project!

I'd like to try to help and get a configuration for the Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard (w/ITE8728), but I'm not sure how best to go about doing it since I don't own a copy of Windows to install on it (all of the programs you list for dumping the values for are Windows-based and the BIOS seems to be missing a number of the voltages.)

Is there any other good way of going about it? Thanks and keep up the really great work on this project!

What we need is a reference point. Only manufacturer knows multipliers it uses to get proper voltages. We could obtain it inderectly by checking bios values or using other software. Other software available only for Windows. Also if you are an engeneer of electronics etc. you could obtain divisor resistors values.. It's a hard way.

Another way is much simple - usebios or windows. Another problem here is to use proper voltage input for proper voltage type (3.3g, 12v, cpu vcore etc). Thats why I am used windows programs - to find proper voltage inputs.

+1 here with the latest version 8c1cc53

Several panics at boot on first system in signature.

sorry but in the hurry i haven't made a screenshot of the error, maybe i'll try it again in the afternoon.

In the meanwhile I had to revert to previous version.

cheers

here's the screenshot

post-449896-0-92326400-1333726902_thumb.jpg

Hi kozlek

I have collected all the data that you ask for. :)

I want to send you the information with a PM, but it seems your inbox is full.

Do you have another address where I can send it to?

Thanks! :)

Hi kozlek

I have collected all the data that you ask for. :)

I want to send you the information with a PM, but it seems your inbox is full.

Do you have another address where I can send it to?

Thanks! :)

Post it here or pm me - I have deleted all old conversations

Hi, i have a P5KC motherboard with Lion 10.7.3 installed. I can't get voltage neither fans speed. I've installed:

ACPISensors.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelThermal.kext

RadeonX.kext

I've downloaded them from https://github.com/k...aster/Binaries. I've noticed now that you have fixed some kind of kernel panic with SuperIOSensors. Maybe the version in this repository is not stable?!. If so where can i download a stable one?

I think the board sensor is the Winbond W83627DHG.

I would appreciate some help on this please :P

Hi, i have a P5KC motherboard with Lion 10.7.3 installed. I can't get voltage neither fans speed. I've installed:

ACPISensors.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IntelThermal.kext

RadeonX.kext

I've downloaded them from https://github.com/k...aster/Binaries. I've noticed now that you have fixed some kind of kernel panic with SuperIOSensors. Maybe the version in this repository is not stable?!. If so where can i download a stable one?

I think the board sensor is the Winbond W83627DHG.

I would appreciate some help on this please :P

You have to install SuperIOSensors instead of ACPISensors

You have to install SuperIOSensors instead of ACPISensors

Ok i've done that with version 82aaec0. Still no luck :(

i went to the kernel log and i get this:

Apr  6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: FakeSMC: Opensource SMC device emulator. Copyright 2009 netkas. All rights reserved.
Apr  6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: FakeSMC: Supports hardware monitoring plugins. Copyright 2012 kozlek, usr-sse2, slice. All rights reserved.
Apr  6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: FakeSMCDevice: 19 preconfigured key(s) added
Apr  6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: FakeSMCDevice: successfully initialized
Apr  6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: IntelThermal: CPU family 0x6, model 0xf, stepping 0xb, cores 2, threads 2, TJmax 90
Apr  6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)
Apr  6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: SuperIO: found Winbond W83627DHG on port=0x2e address=0x290
Apr  6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: Found ATI Radeon 6738
Apr  6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: mbinit: done [96 MB total pool size, (64/32) split]
Apr  6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused
Apr  6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: SuperIOMonitor: [Warning] no sensors configuration provided

Ok i've done that with version 82aaec0. Still no luck :( i went to the kernel log and i get this:
 Apr 6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: FakeSMC: Opensource SMC device emulator. Copyright 2009 netkas. All rights reserved. Apr 6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: FakeSMC: Supports hardware monitoring plugins. Copyright 2012 kozlek, usr-sse2, slice. All rights reserved. Apr 6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: FakeSMCDevice: 19 preconfigured key(s) added Apr 6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: FakeSMCDevice: successfully initialized Apr 6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: IntelThermal: CPU family 0x6, model 0xf, stepping 0xb, cores 2, threads 2, TJmax 90 Apr 6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes) Apr 6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: SuperIO: found Winbond W83627DHG on port=0x2e address=0x290 Apr 6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: Found ATI Radeon 6738 Apr 6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: mbinit: done [96 MB total pool size, (64/32) split] Apr 6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused Apr 6 21:05:02 localhost kernel[0]: SuperIOMonitor: [Warning] no sensors configuration provided 

Could you provide, please, IORegistryExplorer dump?

?

Sorry, I have not time and intention to make proper SSDTs or DSDTs for ACPISensors.

ok no problem but can you just tell me if i can do it or no ? :)

as there is no EC on acpi tables :(

As I remember in your AIDA or HWMon dump it was EC controller methods for temperatures, fans and maybe voltages. You could try it. I have tested APCISensors with code like this inside LPCB device:

Device (MON0)
{
Name (_HID, "monitor")
Method (VIN0, 0, NotSerialized)
 {
  Store (0x2FCF, Local0)
  Return (Local0)
 }

Method (VIN1, 0, NotSerialized)
 {
  Store (GO02, Local0)
  Return (Local0)
 }

Method (VIN2, 0, NotSerialized)
 {
  Store (GO03, Local0)
  Return (Local0)
 }

Method (VIN3, 0, NotSerialized)
 {
  Store (GO04, Local0)
  Return (Local0)
 }

Method (VIN4, 0, NotSerialized)
 {
  Store (GO05, Local0)
  Return (Local0)
 }
			}

Generally it's not important where you going to insert monitor device. In the code above I was checking GPIO methods returning values. They already was in my DSDT:

OperationRegion (GPIO, SystemIO, 0x0800, 0x05)
				Field (GPIO, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
				{
					GO01,   8,
					GO02,   8,
					GO03,   8,
					GO04,   8,
					GO05,   8
				}

For this monitoring ACPI code I have modified "Keys Associations" node in ACPISensor's info.plist like this (thought it is voltages so it's Voltages section):

<dict>
<key>VVBS</key><string>VIN0</string>
<key>VVCS</key><string>VIN1</string>
<key>VVDS</key><string>VIN2</string>
<key>VVFS</key><string>VIN3</string>
<key>VVAS</key><string>VIN4</string>
</dict>

There is in the left side is valid SMC keys and in the right side monitor ACPI device methods to read values from

Thank you, should be completely fixed now in the latest rev.

Hi,

I'm trying to get fans and voltages working, these are handled by SuperIOSensors.kext correct?

This kext does not seem to be loading at boot, as it is not listed in the output of the kextstat command.

If I load it manually via kextload it appears in the kexstat output but nothing shows up in dmesg about it.

The following is from dmesg for the other plugins:

FakeSMC: Supports hardware monitoring plugins. Copyright 2012 kozlek, usr-sse2, slice. All rights reserved.
FakeSMCDevice: 19 preconfigured key(s) added
FakeSMCDevice: successfully initialized
IntelThermal: CPU family 0x6, model 0x2a, stepping 0x7, cores 4, threads 4, TJmax 98
NVClockX: Card: 0, Device ID: e22, Architecture: 1000000, GF100 [GeForce GTX 460]
NVClockX: BIOS successfully read
NVClockX: Parsing BIOS complete
NVClockX: Adding temperature sensors

Here is a screenshot from HWMonitorExtra

HWMonitor.png

Do I need to edit the Info.plist in SuperIOSensors.kext before it will load?

Here are my DSDT, IORegistryExplorer dump ans lspci info, along with AIDA64 and OpenHardwareMonitor reports from Windows

http://dl.dropbox.co...%20Pro3%20M.zip

Hi,

I'm trying to get fans and voltages working, these are handled by SuperIOSensors.kext correct?

This kext does not seem to be loading at boot, as it is not listed in the output of the kextstat command.

If I load it manually via kextload it appears in the kexstat output but nothing shows up in dmesg about it.

The following is from dmesg for the other plugins:

FakeSMC: Supports hardware monitoring plugins. Copyright 2012 kozlek, usr-sse2, slice. All rights reserved.
FakeSMCDevice: 19 preconfigured key(s) added
FakeSMCDevice: successfully initialized
IntelThermal: CPU family 0x6, model 0x2a, stepping 0x7, cores 4, threads 4, TJmax 98
NVClockX: Card: 0, Device ID: e22, Architecture: 1000000, GF100 [GeForce GTX 460]
NVClockX: BIOS successfully read
NVClockX: Parsing BIOS complete
NVClockX: Adding temperature sensors

Here is a screenshot from HWMonitorExtra

Do I need to edit the Info.plist in SuperIOSensors.kext before it will load?

Here are my DSDT, IORegistryExplorer dump ans lspci info, along with AIDA64 and OpenHardwareMonitor reports from Windows

http://dl.dropbox.co...%20Pro3%20M.zip

Thank you for report. Please, try the latest revision.

@kozlek, thank you now it's working :).

1ceacd183674172.jpg

I just have some questions cause i'm a noob on this stuff. Can you explain me what are these:

• Power/Battery
  • VRM Supply 3
  • Power Supply 2
  • Power Supply 5
  • Power Supply 6
  • Power Supply 7

I've seen in previous posts, that some of you have also Main 12v and Main 5v. How can i get them?

thank you once again :P, you're awesome

Well done kozlek, with the latest 0b6d9a6 version it works all perfectly!

One question... i've got an intel quad 45nm q9300 processor that has a tjmax of 100 (at least from official intel specifications) but intelthermal detects it as 95, until now every time that i download a new version i have to change the field manually in info.plist.

I ask you since now that we have automatic detection in superiosensors, this is the only change that i have to do and... what about get rid of it? :P :P

How about change it from the source database?? Am i wrong?

I don't want to be misunderstood, you've already made absolutely a good work with it! ;)

evga x58 sli classified e760

I can't upload screenshot. I just keep getting upload error message .

But It seems everything is working.

in voltages category , I think power supply2 is cpu core voltage.

and other voltages I don't recognize proper name for them.

I have 9 voltages showning.

Currently I don't have windows installed.

I found out that there's evga x58 sli configuration in sensors configuration section.

Is there anyway to load superiosensors in that configuration?

in kernel log

kernel: SuperIO:found fintek F71882 on port=0x4e address=0x290

Edited by kdtt

Kozlek, would it be at all possible to reimplement the formerly supported and currently defunct SuperIO plugin for the NSCPC8739x chipset which is still available in the Slice/Navi FakeSMC HWSensors branch and If so, then what do you require for such a reimplementation?

Thank You.

It seems everything is working nicely.

I changed configuration default value to that of evga.

I can't get screenshot upload working.

One question

VRM Supply 1 1.458v

VRM Supply 2 1.140v

There's quite difference there. Is that normal?

As I remember in your AIDA or HWMon dump it was EC controller methods for temperatures, fans and maybe voltages. You could try it. I have tested APCISensors with code like this inside LPCB device:

Device (MON0)
{
Name (_HID, "monitor")
Method (VIN0, 0, NotSerialized)
 {
  Store (0x2FCF, Local0)
  Return (Local0)
 }

Method (VIN1, 0, NotSerialized)
 {
  Store (GO02, Local0)
  Return (Local0)
 }

Method (VIN2, 0, NotSerialized)
 {
  Store (GO03, Local0)
  Return (Local0)
 }

Method (VIN3, 0, NotSerialized)
 {
  Store (GO04, Local0)
  Return (Local0)
 }

Method (VIN4, 0, NotSerialized)
 {
  Store (GO05, Local0)
  Return (Local0)
 }
			}

Generally it's not important where you going to insert monitor device. In the code above I was checking GPIO methods returning values. They already was in my DSDT:

OperationRegion (GPIO, SystemIO, 0x0800, 0x05)
				Field (GPIO, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
				{
					GO01,   8,
					GO02,   8,
					GO03,   8,
					GO04,   8,
					GO05,   8
				}

For this monitoring ACPI code I have modified "Keys Associations" node in ACPISensor's info.plist like this (thought it is voltages so it's Voltages section):

<dict>
<key>VVBS</key><string>VIN0</string>
<key>VVCS</key><string>VIN1</string>
<key>VVDS</key><string>VIN2</string>
<key>VVFS</key><string>VIN3</string>
<key>VVAS</key><string>VIN4</string>
</dict>

There is in the left side is valid SMC keys and in the right side monitor ACPI device methods to read values from

Thank you, should be completely fixed now in the latest rev.

thanks will try to simulate it on my notebook