[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

C'mon guys....more than 70 download and only 5 feedback???I would find a common solution but I need help...Fabio
@Fabio Thanks Fabio, it works great at my system. It actually fixed the sleep problem I had before (panic after waking up)The only thing that seems wrong is 1 minute boot time. Did I do something wrong? Or any way I could shorten it to 30 sec?Asus p6t deluxe v2, i7 920, 12 gb ram

Hi!

My wife updated my 10.7.2 = KP.

So on another computer I downloaded lion 10.7.4 from AppStore, used the modifyed lionize (checks for 10.7.4!?) to make an installation-USB. I choose Macpro 4,1. Than I replaced both the DSDT (with new one from Fabio) and the AppleACPIPlatform.kext (1.5 patched) on the usb.

Installation went fine, but I always end up with the same KP as after my wife updated (IOAPIC, then system uptime) sorry cant provide sceenshot from the phone.

I think I have my machine in sig, but just to be sure since I'm writing from the iPhone:

p6t deluxe v2, i7 920, 12gb ram

Sorry for awful English!

Use 1.3.5 version of appleacpiplatform.kext and try again

@Fabio Thanks Fabio, it works great at my system. It actually fixed the sleep problem I had before (panic after waking up)The only thing that seems wrong is 1 minute boot time. Did I do something wrong? Or any way I could shorten it to 30 sec?Asus p6t deluxe v2, i7 920, 12 gb ram

What graphics card do you have? Boot in verbose mode -V and see where its getting stuck at. For me with this new GTX 570 card I was getting slowed down at "Begin PCI Configuration" during bootup however npci=0x2000 in boot.plist solved the delay for me.

It should be noted the the npci=0x2000 solved my issues in conjunction with Vanilla

appleacpiplatform.kext

What graphics card do you have? Boot in verbose mode -V and see where its getting stuck at. For me with this new GTX 570 card I was getting slowed down at "Begin PCI Configuration" during bootup however npci=0x2000 in boot.plist solved the delay for me.

It should be noted the the npci=0x2000 solved my issues in conjunction with Vanilla

appleacpiplatform.kext

I've got nvidia gt9500

I'll check it out, thanks ;)

Did anyone tried an SSD with p6t SE?

I'm planning on buying one but i just don't know if it wiil work with my hackintosh

Why wouldn't SSD's work on any platform? If looking for full sata 3 speeds though, the built-in Marvell controller won't get you there.

Hi everyone !

I'm having a strange problem while installing on a P6T (boot on the usb).

Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDAWidget at line 3866 goto handler

Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited (true )" failed in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 1162 goto handler

The install stucks on this message

(everything before seemed to go well)

(I try using the search but no result)

Any advice ?

EDIT : Solved

Thanks in advance

JJ

Hey Fabio, just out of curiosity, have you had a chance to try the 10.8 GM or developer release? Just wondering how painful a 10.8 will be given our motherboards. Hopefully the new DSDT and Lionize will be trivial to re-use :)

• Like 1

Hey Fabio, just out of curiousity, have you had a chance to try the 10.8 GM or developer release? Just wondering how painful a 10.8 will be given our motherboards. Hopefully the new DSDT and Lionize will be trivial to re-use :)

It works the same way 10.7.4 works, I tried it and no problems with the 10.8 GM. Also make sure your using updated chameleon!

Although Lionize has not been updated to work with it, yet.

It works the same way 10.7.4 works, I tried it and no problems with the 10.8 GM. Also make sure your using updated chameleon!

Although Lionize has not been updated to work with it, yet.

Hi guys...

I'm very sorry for all this time... but again I'm very busy with other things, and real life is more important ;)

Anyway... long time ago.. in February I create a modified version for automatize the creation process of Mountain Lion DP1.. some guys as test it with the GM and feedback me.. it work's w/o problem. ;)

I "test" a creation process for the GM by myself and I can say that it work ;)

Here the link (Italian page)

[GUIDA] USB - Mountain Lion automatizzata

... I can't give support ATM... I'm busy...

Fabio

Hi,

Install 10.8 GM on my Rampage 3 Formula gives me headaches, despite i have installed successfully Lion on a Rampage 3 Extreme.

Firstly IOAPIC problem (resolved by switching a kext from 10.6.7)

I just can boot in safe mode.

In verbose, it freezes (no KP or error) after ethernet/wifi loaded kexts and

[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

I'm also getting the IOAPIC error, and my 6870 just gives me a white screen with random blue lines so I had to remove ATI6000controller.kext for now to launch the installer; I gave up on it for this week, but I'll give it another shot this weekend with the 10.6.7 DSDT. It's weird because I didn't have the IOAPIC error loading the installer so I'm not sure why it would when launching the installed OS.

No big deal though, I know it will work, it'll just take some time :)

edit: Oh man, I just realized that I ran Lionize (edited to accept 10.8) and it probably installed the old pre-10.7.4 DSDT! I bet that's my only problem right now.

I'm also getting the IOAPIC error, and my 6870 just gives me a white screen with random blue lines so I had to remove ATI6000controller.kext for now to launch the installer; I gave up on it for this week, but I'll give it another shot this weekend with the 10.6.7 DSDT. It's weird because I didn't have the IOAPIC error loading the installer so I'm not sure why it would when launching the installed OS.

No big deal though, I know it will work, it'll just take some time :)

edit: Oh man, I just realized that I ran Lionize (edited to accept 10.8) and it probably installed the old pre-10.7.4 DSDT! I bet that's my only problem right now.

If you read my post, I said that it was working fine on my board (10.8) and I am using the old DSDT just like with 10.7.4 if you want vanilla compatibility

While I am extremely new to the game I will be trying to the P6T-SE i7 980x tonight. My only question is the 980 the same as 980x, if not which should I be using? Also, to be clear, no usage of dsdt installers (**censored after reading new guidlines**) for the dsdt? Just link it and rebuild permissions correct in chameleon?

i7 980

6 ddr3 ram

GTX 470

P6T-SE

I had everything running fine but then I started to recieve no sound when updating to 10.7.4 so I started installing kext hoping they would work. No I have to start from scratch. Once I have completly set everything up I will write a guide and show where the links can be found (unless someone beats me to it).

Thanks for the feed back ahead of time.

I will update you tonight

Xented

Few page ago you can find a working DSDT for your board (P6T SE) with specific CPU 980x.

Maybe I'm outdated... but exist a i7 980??? When Intel release it?

I will do a small research about it.

http://ark.intel.com...-GTs-Intel-QPI)

THX fantomas1. ;-)

lol now yes I'm confused :o

So Intel Produce the 980 and is a 6 core CPU.

I suppose you can use the 980x if as the same clock and number of core.

Fabio

Okay I just wanted to make sure that it will work with the 980 that I have, I was a little apprehensive.

Once I use the DSDT i'm assuming I will still have to patch the DSDT with my graphics card? Sound Card? I know where to get the kext for the ALC1200 so that should be good. I'll have a report for you in a few hours on how it goes. If i'm wrong with my assumption please correct me.

And thank you again for all your work and help.

Okay I just wanted to make sure that it will work with the 980 that I have, I was a little apprehensive.

Once I use the DSDT i'm assuming I will still have to patch the DSDT with my graphics card? Sound Card? I know where to get the kext for the ALC1200 so that should be good. I'll have a report for you in a few hours on how it goes. If i'm wrong with my assumption please correct me.

And thank you again for all your work and help.

The DSDT provide some info needed for your machine.

Like "config" for your onboard Audio. (AppleHDA.kext patch needed for your ALC1200)

For the graphics card I suggest you to update the bootloader and use GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, maybe your fermi card need a kext patch for activate the Quartzs features.

Fabio

I think the dsdt may need editing as you are not the only one with audio issues. I have the intel audio but no sound will come out of any of the ports

Yeah I have no speaker icon at all. I see it in the system report. Not sure if it is dsdt or the patch of the applehda not working.

Thanks Ermac for the Mountain Lion guide. Was able to get it running on my Rampage II Extreme using your guide. Only thing not working is the audio. Other than that thank you again for the excellent work.
how did you get this done as when i try i get a fail message many thanks in advance